Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510807 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello guys,
How best do you think I should navigate this situation.
My fiance is in Europe rounding up her msc.
I have a projected score of about 460 currently.

Would you advise I include my fiance details and probably start the procedure for marriage or should I finish through the EE with my current profile then marry her after the whole process.

How best would you suggest this be navigated ?
Thanks.

460 as a single applicant almost guarantees you ITA, you dont need points from spouse as it is. so you could marry her and include her at post ITA stage. mind you, expect to show updated POF for a family of two when you include her.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello guys,

Would you advise I include my fiance details and probably start the procedure for marriage or should I finish through the EE with my current profile then marry her after the whole process.

Thanks.

You can start the process yourself, after getting ITA, you can add her to the application or even after Submitting your application. Go through the thread, you will see people with similar situations and how they dealt with it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
Either one.. Na una go decide.. Anyone that aids ur CRS score. And that makes achieving it with less hassles.
Guitarlife:
Hello guys,

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ronke1114:

OMG It’s like your blood is hot today. I know what you said, I was just putting it out there that not all churches give certificates, so if you’re u know of any other churches apart from Catholic Church, you can add to help others avoid spending money. I am done today, getting off this thread to avoid saying things I can’t take back. Laters
Na me go go find out licensed churches.. Chai.. I don die here. Na my money ne? Kai Kai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
elfmann:

Na me go go find out licensed churches.. Chai.. I don die here. Na my money ne? Kai Kai.

Buhahahahaha. I wish i can laugh in Spanish. Like you said, some people lack comprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Na wa o. Somebody cannot go to church for you people again. Una for tell me say una wan act movie, make I just stay for house dey watch Canada EE thread part 2 movie. Btw, I deal in boxing gloves. My container just landed and I have gloves in different colours and sizes, in case you people are interested. grin

Admin no be advert o. Before you will rush me now with banning lipsrsealed

OK bye.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello guys,

Thanks.

Get ITA, submit your APR (with AOR confirmation), let small breeze blow on your AOR (as advised by a good senior), marry her and then notify IRCC to add her - she will do medicals, PCC and you will update your POF. However if your PPR happens to be one of those that come out with speed of light like some people on this forum and you get PPR before the breeze has finished blowing, I can’t help you with that one grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hi Chijudy. You have been advised correctly. I wedded in the Anglican church and i didn't do registry wedding except swear the oath and submit notification for marriage. I was told at Ikoyi registry that my church is licenced to issue marriage certificate. The certificate comes in triplicate copies, one for couple, one for church & one for registry, usually submitted by the church. In fact i helped the church to submit the copy meant for Ikoyi myself. I think it depends on the church and if they are licensed.
Chijudy:

Please are you saying one can use the certificate issues by Catholic church as legal evidence of marriage for this immigration purpose?

We just commenced the registry process so if it is the same we can as well save our money.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Anglican churches too.
Ronke1114:

Not all churches issue the same certificates as registries. I have Heard of cases, were the certificate was rejected and the people involved had to go to the registry. I only know of Catholic Churches. I might be wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Newmum0615:
Anglican churches too.

Thank you. So now I know of two churches. Would be able to advise people better. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thanks and congrats to you too.
sleekysilk:
Congratulations @ Algbenguze, Newmum0615, Kemzyebony, Divinegift Becky, and all who aced their IELTS.

In other news, COPR and Visa on hand.
ITA Sept 20
AOR Sept 25
PPR Oct 25
Passport got to Accra Oct 30
COPR Nov 24

Thank you all... Hephgirl, 40man, Canadianfly, GlitteringStar, Cochrane, etall... I pray it all ends in praise for all of us
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
Amen. May it be done to you as you have prayed.Thank you.
sleekchic:
Thank you so very much for this. I pray my husband and I will get our desired results as well. Congratulations once again.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hi Chijudy. You have been advised correctly. I wedded in the Anglican church and i didn't do registry wedding except swear the oath and submit notification for marriage. I was told at Ikoyi registry that my church is licenced to issue marriage certificate. The certificate comes in triplicate copies, one for couple, one for church & one for registry, usually submitted by the church. In fact i helped the church to submit the copy meant for Ikoyi myself. I think it depends on the church and if they are licensed.

My Anglican sisthren!! we have brethren over there offering help with landing and initial settlement...I am sure u ve come accross that post.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
I haven't o. Won't be a bad idea to find out how it works.
ugoiyke79e:

My Anglican sisthren!! we have brethren over there offering help with landing and initial settlement...I am sure u ve come accross that post.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
Fayzz:
Hello house

Pls I need your opinion. School (OOU) finally sent my transcript to WES but got an email from WES stating that the transcript has been tampered with due to the way it was sealed. And school said they need WES to return the transcript before anything can be done. I've been mailing WES ever since just to get a solution to this to avoid spending that much all over again, but got no response. Don't knw if there is anything I can do? Pls want to know if anybody has been in this situation before and what was done to resolve it and also any advice on what to do to avoid spending almost 80k again. Thanks.

Plz call their customer care line, explain to them. Also DM their twitter handle. I was once in that situation and I kept calling their customer care nos everyday until I was able to speak with a supervisor. Also, do this, track the package on their website, see when it was delivered and compare with when your status was updated or when u received the mail. Further more, insist you didn't tampered with the transcript cos u didn't see it. Suggest to them to verify from the institution. It took me 2 weeks to get mine resolved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
elfmann:

grin grin grin ichi ochi egbuwo m

elfmann no go kill person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Bsbabe:

Get ITA, submit your APR (with AOR confirmation), let small breeze blow on your AOR (as advised by a good senior), marry her and then notify IRCC to add her - she will do medicals, PCC and you will update your POF. However if your PPR happens to be one of those that come out with speed of light like some people on this forum and you get PPR before the breeze has finished blowing, I can’t help you with that one grin

no be lies o.. if e fast and e never quick am add her, e fit be gobe o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by babyoj: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
Good afternoon House, I am calculating my CRS, please is this number 7 question same as ECA evaluation?

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Note: I did not study in canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
[Pls. reconfirm from your church you should be able to use it. Catholic churches are linked to the registry in their local government of domain. I am aware of two people using certificate issued by the catholic church for this canny processing. quote author=Ronke1114 post=62730844]

I think so. What happened back then was, we went to Ikoyi registry to get the marriage license. They gave us three certificates, We took it back to church, after it was signed in church during our wedding, we took it back to the registry, and it was signed and stamped. Then we dropped one copy with Ikoyi registry, one with the church and we kept one. We wanted to do the court wedding, and we were told we didn’t need to, since Catholic Churches and the registry issue the same certificates. If you did all this before, then you might not need to go through the process again. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fayzz: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ronke1114:

Thank you. So now I know of two churches. Would be able to advise people better. Thanks

Methodist is also licensed to issue certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Chijudy:

Please are you saying one can use the certificate issues by Catholic church as legal evidence of marriage for this immigration purpose?

We just commenced the registry process so if it is the same we can as well save our money.

Post ita .. for marriage certificate it states it must be a “legally” recognized certificate. Church certificate is religious not legal. U will av to get ur court certificate.
No saving money in this whole process.. whats wothduin is worth duin well. #My2cents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
Happy Sunday guys,

Please portharcourt people on this thread I need ya help oooo.
I am writing IELTS on Dec 2 in Portharcourt and I am not familiar with PH.
Please how do I get to that Kingoliza Halls? I will likely come from Enugu.
Could you help me suggest a cheap hotel around the venue because the test will keep me in PH for 2 days. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
Chijudy:

Post ita .. for marriage certificate it states it must be a “legally” recognized certificate. Church certificate is religious not legal. U will av to get ur court certificate.
No saving money in this whole process.. whats wothduin is worth duin well. #My2cents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Amen...thank you
sleekysilk:

My PM, it is well with you o... This Grace (to wait) God has given you will not expire. You try and it shall end well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=elfmann post=62729049]What's ITA? What's tie breaker? Pls my schedule is tight and I don't have cash to hire...
[/quote

������
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HiredGames(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
babyoj:
Good afternoon House, I am calculating my CRS, please is this number 7 question same as ECA evaluation?

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

The answer to that question is NO. Question 11 is where you input your appropriate education qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
AMEN.....Thank you Yokus
yokus:

The guy further mentioned that they hardly get withheld results in Nigeria that he was surprised,i retorted WHY ME
[/color] As in why our own JT

My people,long and short of it is that my results is still with Cambridge.Dont mind my long epistle,i just had to let it out
[color=#000099]
From what they said, you will get it very very soon. God will compensate you with speed of light PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Saintp:
Happy Sunday guys,

Could you help me suggest a cheap hotel around the venue because the test will keep me in PH for 2 days. Thank you all.

what i do in cases like this is to go to google map, and enter the name of the hotel and city/ address in the search bar. when it returns the location, i select where i would be coming from e.g rumola, and hit route.. and voila it would plot the route. to be on the safe side i also take note of the name of the area, and key landmarks, and ask folks for best route based on that information.

this is mainly how i find my way around most of the places i visit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by adeks2: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello All,
Happy Sunday! Please, how long does it take WES to change status from 'awaiting verification' ? My school already sent the verification over a week ago but the status on WES website is showing 'on hold' and awaiting verification. Anyone that already passed through this stage should kindly enlighten me. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
babyoj:

No it isn’t.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
adeks2:
Hello All,
Happy Sunday! Please, how long does it take WES to change status from 'awaiting verification' ? My school already sent the verification over a week ago but the status on WES website is showing 'on hold' and awaiting verification. Anyone that already passed through this stage should kindly enlighten me. Thanks.

Give them some few days, if the verification was sent via email, it will be more faster but if it is physical mail u may give them some time more. The moment ur status changes, ur report due date will also be stated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nkigirl: 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
Saintp:
Happy Sunday guys,

Hello.
Kingoliza halls is in Trans Amadi, Peter odili road axis. You can stay at any of the hotels in Trans Amadi. Check hotels.ng and look for hotels in Trans Amadi that are within your price range and close to or in Peter Odili area. Like Somitel Hotel.
You can take a taxi from the hotel to the venue. Most taxis know it. Just tell them Kingoliza hall close to Aeroplane drive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.