Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507138 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2017
GoldenJem:

ICAN is evaluated as Bachelors degree
I don't think so. You have proof for this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oreoluwa08(f): 11:40am On Aug 30, 2017
Kontagious:

Your question looks simple but the definite answer I do not know. I can only advice you request hard copy be sent.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2017
cheapphones:

Do you mean that one can send transcript individually to wes, and not the school sending it directly??
This is what has been keeping me waiting since
Yes, you can send your transcript directly to WES by yourself. You only need make sure you send it still sealed and stamped; in other words, unopened.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marvi4real: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2017
zaragirl:

This is the timeline

FSW-Outland CRS: 468
ITA Received: 4/01/2017
eAPR & AOR: 4/02/2017
Medicals Passed: 04/03/2017
BG: NA - 10/03/2017
ADR: 25/07/2017
ADR: 03/08/2017
BG: IP2
PPR: 30/08/2017
Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2017
Well detailed. I can now relax and wait for verification.

Thank you so much.

Kontagious:

As mentioned by Tee248490, LASU is quite efficient processing transcripts.

I applied for my wife’s transcript from LASU. WES updated her account exactly three weeks after the request. Considering it takes WES three business days to update account, it’s thus safe to say the transcript got to WES in 2 weeks and 2 days. Minus time in transit from that, means transcript left LASU at about the 2nd week. So, I guess your Husband’s transcript should be about leaving the school that's if it hasn't left.

There’s however a catch. I didn’t know payment was required for verification. I just sat down waiting for LASU to do the needful but when I realized it was taking too long, I did a stop in school then got to know that the mail for verification had gotten to LASU 20 days before I went! On getting the verification mail from WES, LASU promptly sent a pay advice to WES stating she had to make a payment. I made 10k payment that day and in less than a week, her profile status changed to verification gotten.

Like a week or so after we got the status update (I can’t really recollect the sequence of event), I received a letter from WES – It was a letter informing her that a payment is required for the verification. Apparently, the delay was caused as I had chosen regular delivery to my post office box. Maybe I would have gotten the letter much earlier had I chosen courier. Regardless of that delay, I knew for sure I will receive the ECA hard copy safe in box about a month from completion date. Choice of regular delivery was money well spent for me.

Crux is you don't really need a followup on the transcript but you might need to stop in school to make a payment for the verification.

I hope this helps.

cc: billy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2017
I filled a complaint on their website and sent email.
olajide21:

How did you get WES to respond to that? I have thesame issue since my ECA was completed at the end of June. I have mailed, twitted and call. WES did not respond. I have also asked my institution to send a corrected transcript to them. I was told reliably that this had been done but WES isnt responding to my mails.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2017
bbaby84:
@Ajujuju2 how far babes? Mehn I feel you o. I've been on NA2 for a couple of days and it's like forever.
Just checking on you...

Couple of days and it's forever? Hehehehe....more grace to you for the wait! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello great people.

I've been missing in action. Nothing to report here.

Waiting for bank reference. Is it true some banks don't give reference letters on Salary accounts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
40manlappy:

Well done bro but please note that according to the tweet, POF may be in the PA's name or a joint account. I don't think it should be in the accompanying spouse account.

@Baisy:

1. How about transferring the funds to your account and supporting it with a LOE that the funds is to support your Canny dream?

OR

2. Upgrade the account to a joint account and do treasury bill or fixed deposit for say, 3-6 months. That way, a LOE may not be necessary. See the tweet below.

Hello 40manlappy and seniors in this matter. Please I have a question on this.

I am the PA and I am currently on NA2 (since 16 August). For my POF, the bulk of the funds is in my spouse's account. I did not attach any consent letter or anything. I need to know which of the following options is the most sensible.

1. Do nothing and hope that its not an issue or that they send an ADR for an updated POF. At that point, I transfer the funds to my account and explain with an LOE.

2. Transfer the funds to my account now, get a new POF from the bank and then raise a CSE to attach this new proof of funds and an LOE explaining what has been done.

3. Raise a CSE and attach just a consent letter that the funds will be available to the me.

Please bear in mind that I raised a CSE last week to attach my ECA and IELTS and I have not gotten a response yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
@deeore @noviolence @yooku @mrsbee @ajujuju2 @yewwygrace

Stats from immitracker generally show that out of about 537 July AOR cases only 63 (12%) have PPR, and 374(70%) are post Medicals passed and pre-PPR so we are not unique. The remaining 18% haven't even passed medicals so the numbers speak for themselves. All that talk about travel history et al can wait grin He makes all things beautiful in HIS TIME.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
DereI:

I just searched for FUNDS TRANSFER NOC on this thread and I saw a previous post by 40manlappy...

I hope this helps..

There is no single noc for bank workers; your job description will determine the appropriate noc to use.

Since you are in funds transfer unit, you may consider 1114. It has job titles such as "interbanking arrangements officer" and "foreign interbanking arrangements officer".

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=1114&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4&V=81354&VST=01012011

@DereI pls can i claims points for 3years since i havent got 3years straight experience. noc 6235 1year, noc 1114 1year, noc 1212 2years.
please help house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
geebaby10:

I am the PA and I am currently on NA2 (since 16 August). For my POF, the bulk of the funds is in my spouse's account. I did not attach any consent letter or anything. I need to know which of the following options is the most sensible.

1. Do nothing and hope that its not an issue or that they send an ADR for an updated POF. At that point, I transfer the funds to my account and explain with an LOE.

2. Transfer the funds to my account now, get a new POF from the bank and then raise a CSE to attach this new proof of funds and an LOE explaining what has been done.

3. Raise a CSE and attach just a consent letter that the funds will be available to the me.

Please bear in mind that I raised a CSE last week to attach my ECA and IELTS and I have not gotten a response yet.

In my opinion, the 3rd option appears to be more reasonable. Even though your VO may not make your POF an issue, it may be prudent to raise a CSE just to be on the safe side.

Response time to CSE varies, so you don't have to worry since you just sent it last week. Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
We are waiting for you when we want to issue PR card to you.Don't forget citizenship too,whole lot of verification.Take it from me your PM
Wura27:

Hi guys,

So here’s my final timeline;

IELTS Exam: 8th April 2017
IELTS Result: 21st April 2017
Entered the pool: 27th April 2017
ITA: May 5, 2017
AOR: May 26, 2017
PPR: August 5, 2017
Passport Submitted: August 9, 2017
CIC Updated: August 22, 2017
Pickup mail: August 24, 2017
Passport received: August 30, 2017

After PPR is another long wait for Canada Immigration in Accra.

Thanks to you all for your support, I wish everyone a speedy process.

Goodbye CIC, I won’t miss you! Hello Canada!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jenny3(f): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Waoh, plenty congrats
zaragirl:
OH MY... it is PPR ooooooo. 208 days . I am so happy...... I cant even type #olowogbogboro has done it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Cochtrane ACCA has its own Technician Scheme too.It’s called Certified Accounting Technician (CAT).
The CAT Qualification is awarded on the completion of nine exams, consisting of a suite of awards, including certificates and a diploma.
If you have CAT you automatically have a diploma and i believe it can be assessed.
getgeorgio:

On the contrary, it does. The ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business awarded after the completion of your F1-F9 courses and Ethics module is assessed as 3years BSc by WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
geebaby10:

Hello 40manlappy and seniors in this matter. Please I have a question on this.

Why raising CSE for IELTS and ECA? Na wa! On the POF, do nothing unless they ask, a spouse's POF stands even when they are dependent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ken2sure: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
Good day house. I have a question about POF. I am aware I will have to submit my payslip as part of the documents required post ITA. However, I have accrued loan liability obtained from my place of work over the years which is almost equivalent to what i have as my POF.Though the total loan liability is covered by my accrued gratuity as at today, and my employment policy is to deduct all outstanding loan from accrued gratuity at the point of exit from the job which is clearly stated in the total emolument advice, I am wondering if this will in anyway affect my POF.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Cochtrane ACCA has its own Technician Scheme too.It’s called Certified Accounting Technician (CAT).
The CAT Qualification is awarded on the completion of nine exams, consisting of a suite of awards, including certificates and a diploma.
If you have CAT you automatically have a diploma and i believe it can be assessed.
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ybahrbz91: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
einsteino:

nothing complex. inshort make i explain am for pidgin. the matter na say WES go wan sabi if you true true go school. for dem to confam say you be ogbonge graduate, you go need send them your transcript and copy of your certificate. instead of to send the copy of cert thru yeye nipost wey fit loss am or DHL with their price wey fit hold neck, you fit just fax am. Fax na osho free, e still fast pass and dem go confirm say dem don see am within 24hrs after u send am, well life na per head, so mek i talk for myself only, na so my own go.

for the transcript, sake of say WES no know who be you, na your school dem trust. so na your school must send the transcript or you fit send am yourself only if your oversabi never carry you open am to see wetin dat wicked lecturer give you for final year exam. inshort if the transcript no dey sealed, you die well cos WES go just donate am give dustbin.

after WES don receive the transcript and copy of your degree, them go bomb your email to clear u. but as per people wey know wetin dey sup, dem sabi say you fit don run dem street, dagbo(forge) the degree and transcript, com act like na ur school send am. because of this WES go send message to ur school wey oyibo call verification, to ask them wether true true the transcript come from them and wether your cert legit. once them confirm say no be sabo, dem go sama you certificate wey go clear CIC say you correct and talk the equivalent of wetin you hold like say na for canada you been go school. na this certificate you go take turn ijaw man, dive enter pool go try catch Justin Tradeau fish.

of course, you sabi say nobody be father christmas, WES no go walka all this matter for free..So you must to first apply and pay 234 oyibo money. after you don pay, dem go com give special number wey must follow your transcript and copy of cert come. the number na for them to get the scoping say na u get those docs. abeg i take God beg u, no forget to include the number, make ur matter no be like who say e wan trek for ocean. if na naija you school, get the reasoning say you gats get pesin for ur school to helep u quick quick push ur transcript and sort the verification... use your head, buy am fuel to ginger e swagger, if u like call am bribe, na u sabi. leave fight against corruption for buhari, no concern u.
Wow...Wow...Wow...@einsteino, Thanks soo much for this, U are a wonderful fellow. I really appreciate this. Concerning been a medical professional (physiotherapist), does it require to be licenced before filling the d EE form. #shalom

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
elfmann:

Why raising CSE for IELTS and ECA? Na wa! On the POF, do nothing unless they ask, a spouse's POF stands even when they are dependent.

Bros, let her raise a CSE for POF if that will give her peace of mind and also to play safe. Besides, VOs interpret matters differently. See the underlined part of the screenshot below.

Take note of "you must prove...."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

cc: geebaby10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
ybahrbz91:

Wow...Wow...Wow...@einsteino, Thanks soo much for this, U are a wonderful fellow. I really appreciate this. Concerning been a medical professional (physiotherapist), does it require to be licenced before filling the d EE form. #shalom

Hi, you're not required to be licensed before applying for EE. You can however begin/initiate the licensing process for your own personal career progression towards your later settlement. The idea would be to get far ahead with the process or even complete it if possible by the time you land in Canada and therefore hit the ground running.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
40manlappy:

Bros, let him raise a CSE for POF if that will give him peace of mind. Besides, VOs interpret matters differently. See the underlined part of the screenshot below.

Take note of "you must prove...."
Bros, understandably there's been an extensive debate on this POF matter but then a critical look at the underlined to me seems more like POF in spouse name is actually tenable but must be supported with a proof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
CC: 40manlappy

Please, how Do i add NYSC to personal history, should I add it under government, military or employment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
kissoflife:

Please, how Do i add NYSC to personal history, should I add it under government, military or employment?
Employment it is. Run away from military as far as you can go if you are not in the military.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
kissoflife:

NYSC is not military. It isn't even paramilitary. Stick with employment.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
cochtrane, Kontagious

Thanks for your reply. I will stick with employment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by GoldenJem: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
cochtrane:

I don't think so. You have proof for this?

Yes off course. My wife's ECA is on her ICAN and it was evaluated as Bachelors degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wura27:

Hi guys,

Congrats!!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
GoldenJem:

Yes off course. My wife's ECA is on her ICAN and it was evaluated as Bachelors degree
Well, I have seen cases where they put it on there and they say it doesn't count to the summary. Like here: https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/238#52874766

Yours may be a first. Have you got dual bachelor's in the summary or just bachelor's?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
bbaby84:
@Ajujuju2 how far babes? Mehn I feel you o. I've been on NA2 for a couple of days and it's like forever.
Just checking on you...

@Ymummy234 said this too when she submitted back then. Time really does fly. smiley Keep yourself busy and before you know it, PPR will fall on you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wura27:

Hi guys,

Huge congratukations!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wura27:

Hi guys,

Huge congratulations!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.