Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509683 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ebho: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2017
I used DHL and Paid 28K. My profile was approved 2 weeks after sending but because of the public holiday I have not been able to communicate with DHL to get the passport.

winter:
Congrats ebho. Pls how much did u pay 4 d Shi courier and how long did it take 2 get back. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ebho: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Thanks I really appreciate.

yimiton:
Congratulations! I believe you have family in Winnipeg and that's why you've chosen to go there, otherwise, I'd have questioned your decision being that Manitoba is arguably the coldest region in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2017
ebho:
Hello house,

Got our pick up mail for our stamped passport, family of 4. some few questions I would like to ask,

1. What is the best way of carrying money to canada(entire money)

2. We will be leaving by October to winnipeg, what are we to expect.

3. Are there any vaccination we need to do before leaving.

4. We have a 2 years old daughter and a 7 month old son any idea of how we can manage them through this long journey?

5. We plan on carrying food items with us, any advice on the best way to do this.

I will really need the input of the house.

Thanks

In naija u can get winter jackets from yaba, the "okrika" section, when u reach canny, u can buy proper jackets

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2017
ebho:
I used DHL and Paid 28K. My profile was approved 2 weeks after sending but because of the public holiday I have not been able to communicate with DHL to get the passport.

U paid 28k to send? Wow! Dhl and their fluctuating prices
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

I don't think so. That's a course certificate, not a diploma or degree. If he has done many of such towards a diploma, he may be able to lay a claim to the Iron Throne of multiple credentials.

Okay, thank you for your prompt response as usual
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ebho: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2017
Really appreciate thanks
Hephgirl:
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2017
jummolami:
Hi,
Am also waiting for Ado response to verification. The person I called said I should wait for 3weeks. By next week it should be 3weeks for me. Its the hard copy mail sent by WES thru Posting they work with.

You will pay 5k as well for the verification.
Once they have it, they will respond via email first before posting a response letter via courier.

I am also waiting. So relax

Thanks so much for this. I sent you a PM, kindly reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2017
Abby2017:
1. I don't think paying additional money will change the channel of communication between your school and WES. The courier fee is for your hardcopy report.

3. I suggest you wait out 14working days then contact your link again. Verification request sent via standard mail won't get to your school earlier than that. Follow-up is key.

All the best.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2017
Fact
I lost about $330 usd or thereabout when i got refunded
XX01:

If you used naira or US dollars to pay, the amount refunded will be far less than what you paid. Because of the bank's rate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2017
Why will anyone come for you. There is nothing wrong with being Sapiosexual.

@cochtrane If i wasnt already married, il have married you for your brain! Lol.

Oya all d warriors can come at me for wanting to marry "for his brain" and not love.

grin grin grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 10:53am On Sep 02, 2017
winter:
It doesn't necessarily have to be in NOC C category. I worked in customer service but some of my responsibilities fell under NOC 1241 (I think, ADMIN Assistant) which I used for my application.

ok, thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2017
Guys, do we have anyone that claimed point for self employed work history? What were the documents you submitted? I have contract documents, bank statements, invoices, receipts, tax documents and article of memorandum of the company. I own it. Is there any other thing I am to include? I have work history that covers 6 years for paid employment 2008-2013..i believe this would suffice, but I already filled self employment for 2013-present.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning Guys!!
My little bro stays with me and my husband, he is above 18 (22years). is there any way he can be added to our application? if we choose not to leave him behind. If yes, what documents do I need to present.

Thanks
Check here for CIC's definition of a dependent child.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:
Guys, do we have anyone that claimed point for self employed work history? What were the documents you submitted? I have contract documents, bank statements, invoices, receipts, tax documents and article of memorandum of the company. I own it. Is there any other thing I am to include? I have work history that covers 6 years for paid employment 2008-2013..i believe this would suffice, but I already filled self employment for 2013-present.
Why don't you just go with only your work experience and put the self-employment under personal history, so you can avoid submitting all these detailed documents for it?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

Why don't you just go with only your work experience and put the self-employment under personal history, so you can avoid submitting all these detailed documents for it?
Made the mistake already. I should have just left the previous work history
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Java47: 11:14am On Sep 02, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Congratss babe. (bro?)
Lemme ask d new jamb question:
What was your visa office??

Hello @Ajujuju2,

I was using candle light to find it initially, and when I started getting confused I reached out to our oga and madam at the top, @40manlappy et @mummyjaygirls, who then told me it was Ghana. Who am I to say otherwise.... grin wink

It's Ghana, and I'm male...

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can either use "To whom it may concern" or address it to:

Central Intake Office (CIO),
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

You can still do it unless you don't want to. Then I believe all you wrote is sufficient evidence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

Haha. Na anti-Nicole campaigners go come for you. In case you don't know Nicole from the Living in Canada thread, you don miss hot gist.

Make two of una no bring that discussion come here cos it will derail this thread totally. Na God help us close dat topic overthere.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by muwaness(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2017
Hello Everyone, Please i need to know what and what is required before one can set up a profile....Apart from IELTS and ECA, do i need to have any other document before i can set up the profile...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

You can still do it unless you don't want to. Then I believe all you wrote is sufficient evidence.

I already have ITA. the sections are locked. I believe what I have is sufficient, I just want that conviction that it is enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

I assume that you are yet to submit e-APR. In that case, you can still amend your details before submission and claim work experience for only 2008-2013.

Details can be amended post-ITA. It's your choice really.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
40manlappy:

I assume that you are yet to submit e-APR. In that case, you can still amend your details before submission and claim work experience for only 2008-2013.

Details can be amended post-ITA. It's your choice really.

Oh, how do I do this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Then you didn't read my first post properly. Or you're understanding it in another context.
What's the minimum cut off @ bolded? The maximum points you'll get for language as the PA with an accompanying spouse is 128. If and when your spouse takes the test, he or she will add 20 points. If not your maximum point you can get for language is 128 points (CRS points)

I hope I've made myself clearer?

I was buttressing his fact. 8777 does not give you maximum points. It gives you about 20 points less than maximum. Its for spouse that it gives the maximum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
XX01:

I was buttressing his fact. 8777 does not give you maximum points. It gives you about 20 points less than maximum. Its for spouse that it gives the maximum.
Supported. 12 points less actually. 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 (LRWS) gives maximum points for PA while 8777 gives maximum for spouse.

cc: Yooku

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

I already have ITA. the sections are locked. I believe what I have is sufficient, I just want that conviction that it is enough.

Unless things have changed I was able to edit out hubby's first year of work in another dept so I would have to provide reference for it since his correct role and years gives maximum points.
I also moved my work experience to PH. I did all this post ITA and just mentioned it in the LOE.
You know things change everyday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
XX01:

And I never disputed that fact. Ah.... never mind people will figure it out themselves.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
That's all you need to enter the pool. Your ECA reference number and your IELTS result number.

muwaness:
Hello Everyone, Please i need to know what and what is required before one can set up a profile....Apart from IELTS and ECA, do i need to have any other document before i can set up the profile...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

Oh, how do I do this?

It is your Entry Entry profile with which you secured ITA that you can no longer edit. When you accept your ITA, information from your Express Entry profile are automatically populated on the e-APR form (electronic Application for Permanent Residence). At that point, before payment and submission of your application, you should be able to edit your details.

Just ensure that you do not tamper with key information that gave you points for the ITA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ajujuju2:

@cochtrane If i wasnt already married, il have married you for your brain! Lol.

Oya all d warriors can come at me for wanting to marry "for his brain" and not love.

grin grin grin
u or me... I wld have long married his brain... There'll b nothing left for u to marry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hello, everyone pls if I apply as single and get married after I receive my PPR what's the procedure to apply for my partner to come with me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
40manlappy bbaby84 thank you. I dont want to complicate things. I will just submit all the documentation i have. i read through canadavisa and noticed i have required documents to claim it. Thank you guys

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.