Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? (4731 Views)

Can Someone Learn PHP In Four Contact / Which Training Center Can Someone Learn How To Program Quickly / Learn Programming On Whatsapp, Via Chats, Calls, My Videos And Assignments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Vickiechuks(m): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
please can someone learn programming on his own without going to the school?
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by talk2hb1(m): 12:06am On Aug 20, 2017
Vickiechuks:
please can someone learn programming
on his own without going to the school?
Yes, 101%
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by jonbellion(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2017
Of course!
I learnt python by myself completely
There are tons of books and videos online
Coding websites too
The material is just too much
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by trytillmake(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Vickiechuks:

Read this 17yr old who taught himself programming discovers bug in GOOGLE,my brother nothin do u. Start now

http://kticradio.com/abc_business/google-awards-uruguay-high-school-student-10k-for-finding-security-bug-abcid35956651/

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by classicdude1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nobody taught me Python. I read a lot of books and I even teach Python on www.coolpythoncodes.com
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Vickiechuks(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
thank u all for ur contributions,, I appreciate
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by snyperboi(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yes you can.. All that matters is time and effort u put in. There are tons of ebooks and videos you can get for free. Check out thenewboston YouTube channel by Bucky Roberts there are lots of them there and will advice u to watch videos cos it keeps u up with the latest trend, u have that feeling like u are having an interactive tutorial with a tutor. I learnt JavaScript on my own. Just quote me by telling me the language u will be interested in learning and i will tell the best resource for learning the language. Happy Coding bruh

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Ayomidric(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
snyperboi:
Yes you can.. All that matters is time and effort u put in. There are tons of ebooks and videos you can get for free. Check out thenewboston YouTube channel by Bucky Roberts there are lots of them there and will advice u to watch videos cos it keeps u up with the latest trend, u have that feeling like u are having an interactive tutorial with a tutor. I learnt JavaScript on my own. Just quote me by telling me the language u will be interested in learning and i will tell the best resource for learning the language. Happy Coding bruh

What are the things I will need, if I want to become a programmer?
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by skyhighweb(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2017
yea tot my self php using tpl template base platform, still learning self always learning.
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Vickiechuks:
you can, but it's not just about learning, it's about the applications and how you can solve problems with what you've learnt
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ayomidric:

What are the things I will need, if I want to become a programmer?
PC, videos, ebooks, internet, time.
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by abduldope(m): 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
snyperboi:
I am done with Basic HTML.
kindly help me with the resources on learning advance CSS
thanks
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by crunchyDope(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2017
hells yeah..most programmers i know did,including me! grin
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by ayufun: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by snyperboi(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
abduldope:
I am done with Basic HTML.
kindly help me with the resources on learning advance CSS
thanks
Go search for devtips and traversymedia on YouTube. They are all YouTube channels, there you'll get css crash courses including project based videos to cement your knowledge in css. Also download this book "CSS the missing manual" it's a very nice book.
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by abduldope(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
snyperboi:

Go search for devtips and traversymedia on YouTube. They are all YouTube channels, there you'll get css crash courses including project based videos to cement your knowledge in css. Also download this book "CSS the missing manual" it's a very nice book.
thanks a lot, I would be glad to have a site with free books on programing.
if you don't mind
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by snyperboi(m): 12:06am On Aug 24, 2017
abduldope:
thanks a lot, I would be glad to have a site with free books on programing.
if you don't mind
it-ebooks
ebook-dl

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by abduldope(m): 1:01am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by raymod170(m): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Am a pro in 3 programming languages all self taught my advice is learn and practice, get jobs and learn on the jobs and you will be amazed at how good you will become
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by AkinseteK(m): 8:48am On Aug 24, 2017
Vickiechuks:

You can contact us for a one on one training.

Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by phonegeek(m): 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
[url][/url]You most definitely can. I had zero knowledge about programming about 3months ago and look at what i can do now- [url]https://buildforfifty.000 webhost app.com[/url] and trust me when i say this is the least of my abilities now
P. S. All i know i taught myself
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Ifiegboria(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2017
Following
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
phonegeek:
[url][/url]You most definitely can. I had zero knowledge about programming about 3months ago and look at what i can do now- [url]https://buildforfifty.000 webhost app.com[/url] and trust me when i say this is the least of my abilities now
P. S. All i know i taught myself
nice, but it's just a static one page website
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by phonegeek(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
bjhaid:
nice, but it's just a static one page website
Yup, exactly how i want it....like i said, least of what i can do even though i'm still learning
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
phonegeek:

Yup, exactly how i want it....like i said, least of what i can do even though i'm still learning
nice, just HTML and CSS yep?
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by renti: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
Yes. I did at age 14. Still currently active at age 22.
So its possible if you have time, light, internet/access to good books or videos and the interest.1000%
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2017
codecademy.com, freecodecamp.com, codeschool, repl.it to try code samples, github for code review, books, video, meetup. Goodluck
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by phonegeek(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
bjhaid:
nice, just HTML and CSS yep?
yep!
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
phonegeek:
yep!
try to learn bootstrap
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by phonegeek(m): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
bjhaid:
try to learn bootstrap
i know bootstrap.... The page was laid out using bootstrap's grid system. Stacked on mobile and horizontally layed out on pc's .
Re: Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
Yes you can. I learnt php and Javascript OMO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andela Will Empower Africa's Next Generation Of Great Technical Leaders / What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development / Macbook Pro Is Overrated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.