Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

3deediesel's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 3deediesel's Profile / 3deediesel's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by 3deediesel: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
For those yet to take the test, the deductive reasoning is quite tedious (it was actually said to be designed to be very challenging for all test takers). Here is how mine went (it could be a different format for each test taker though): You have 3 minutes to answer each question after which it takes u to the next one so ensure that questions for which u r having difficulties figuring out the answer, u just make a guess and select one when its about 10 secs left (u will see the time counting down at the top right corner)..pls ensure that u follow the practice test link provided by some ppl earlier in this thread...its exactly the same format (probably even tougher than the actual test)..read the requirement of each question thoroughly so u don't assume that u r looking for the most correct statement when u were actually asked to pick out the one that is definitely false..there are no diagrams;its purely scenario based which would require u to deduce an answer from stated premises.. the rest of the assessment is purely behavioral and untimed...Good luck guys.

9 Likes

Romance / Re: Masturbation Vs Fornication by 3deediesel: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2016
How easy its is to slap a "religious condemnation" stamp on a fornicator or a masturbator. I am a Christian and in no way do I support any of both practices (though it still is a mystery to me why the bible expressly condemns adultery and fornication and doesn't as much as mention masturbation which I quite believe was not unheard of in those times). But being a realist also, I am not oblivious of the fact that both practices have become common place today. While a lot of persons have absolutely no issues with indulging in any or both, with the belief that it is perfectly normal and that to indulge in them is the reason they exist in the first place, many other persons although indulge in either or both, are genuinely experiencing an inner struggle with themselves and desire to do away with them but are finding it difficult. Its easy to just say "turn to Jesus and he will deliver you" but the million naira question is, is it really true that as promised, all I need to do is just come before the altar, confess Jesus as my Lord and automatically the urges go away Opening up to Christ is the first step, a genuine desire to do away with the practices is the second, every other thing flows from the first two and is centered around self discipline. To expand on the third, u need to constantly feed your mind with the thought that "I am new now and I earnestly desire to do away with these practices". Will this automatically condition your body to be unresponsive to the urges?? NO.. but what this will do for u is; because u have been consciously feeding ur mind with that singular thought, when the urge is upon u, u are not totally consumed (which leads u to blindly yield without a second thought) instead, u r not torn between a bodily desire and a mind that is strongly reminding u of the resolve u have been feeding it. Now self discipline now begins to play a part; here u start thinking of what can I channel this energy into at this moment that has the capacity me help me suppress or overcome this urge. That's why u need to find a series of taking activities that u can turn to all the time however, it would be a mistake if u set up activities just so u can run to them wen d urge comes cos u will likely only be at it for a while before u run into the bathroom. You need to have found activities that u have already incorporated as a part of ur life and daily routine (urge or no urge) so its easier to turn to them and equally enjoy them (remember, the devil sets up shop in the idle mind in the first place). Will this bring an abrupt or automatic stop to ur indulgence in the practices?? most likely not but wen u fall, u need to continue in the cycle of feeding ur mind again and not just give up with the thought that ,"there it goes, I failed". You will discover that the intervals between ur falling and picking urself back up again will start getting longer and longer till u get to a point where u say, I can remember when last I did this or felt the urge to. For guys, I guess someone might be quick to tell me that biologically, sperm build up over time seeks an avenue of release which has to be done but ur body has been biologically conditioned to do this on its own most times via what is commonly referred to as "wet dreams". So with the right mindset, we can achieve whatever we make a desire. For the strong Christians among us, pls stop your condemnations and cos God is a God of second, third and fourth chances as we have seen right from the book of Isaiah to almost all the new testament books and I personally believe God sees the heart of a genuine struggling child of His and he will accommodate u through ur process of finding yourself through Him. Overcoming I believe is a process not a singular act particularly with masturbation

P.S I know I haven't addressed the topic which seeks a choice between both but that is cos I don't believe it ever should be a choice.
And my comment about masturbation not being mentioned in the bible does not mean I don't think it's sinful cos in the build up to and in the course of masturbating, immoral fantasies are in ur head and most times, they involve people u know which amounts to ur having desired them in lustful thinking which in turn Jesus has said is actually tantamount to committing the act in itself.
I am struggling too.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by 3deediesel: 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
Entry level oil company staff don't earn 5M monthly...it's totally false and whoever posted here and claimed to hv earned that working for an oil company is Nigeria as an entry level staff is just another unemployed or underemployed Nigerian who has high hopes for a job like that probably cos he/she has been brainwashed by someone or something they read...take it or leave it

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.