Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

God's Intervention Badly Wanted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Intervention Badly Wanted (1140 Views)

Billy Graham:if Ever There Was A Time America Needed God’s Intervention,it’s Now / Crossing The Red Sea Explained. No Divine Intervention. / Pastor Chris Publicly Defends His Badly Behaved Christ Embassy Canada Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Intervention Badly Wanted by huxley(m): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
The Christian god said, in Matthew 17: 20;

[size=16pt]"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you"[/size]

In the light of the above affirming and encouraging words fron god, which of the following could be accomplished by those Christians that have FAITH in their god?

1) Heal the sick through faithful petitionary prayers to God.

2) Achieve material wealth and success (like many Christian evangelical ministers, pastors, preachers) through prayers to God.

3) Summary eradication of poverty and diseases in the world.

4) Pray for an amputated leg to regrow

5) Pray for a person who has been dead 200 years to come back to life.

6) Pray for Mount Everest to move to the North pole.

7) Pray for an up-turned glass to become filled with potable water without human intervention.

Remember, God said that with faith as small as a mustard seed, anything is possible. So which of the above acts is possible?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by g1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hi huxley how u dey? please holla at me through my email, lets holla
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
huxley:

Remember, God said that with faith as small as a mustard seed, anything is possible. So which of the above acts is possible?

Remember also that God said James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

Remember also that God said James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

What is this nonsense apologetics? What is the lust in asking for your god to make the amputated limbs of a 4 year old girl to regrow? . . . .I thought Jesus said in the bible that Nothing will be impossible for those that believe if only they ask? Why then is it impossible for those that believe to make the amputated limbs of people to regrow? Is it because the promise is FALSE?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Joagbaje(m): 3:44am On Feb 18, 2010
All  the above is possible if you have enough faith in God for it.

MARK 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.

so you see , it is not Gods responsibility but the responsibility of your faith. But you have to be saved first by embracing the love of God for you and recieving eternal life in christ before you can have access to such faith
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mabell: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2010
@huxley
it all depends on the xtian and his faith.
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them
Mark 11:21-24 (KJV)
you can achieve all the above and lots more, all you need do is to not let doubt into your heart after you have prayed
but you'll need God's word to be able to do this
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by richjohn1(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2010
@joagbaje
What is the difference between 'faith' and 'believe' the bible says just small faith will do all these things Huxley quoted

@Davidylan
Who is higher jesus or james? and note jesus didnt put any condition he said you can do it with minute faith

@Huxley
You no go kill person for here grin
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by huxley(m): 9:46am On Feb 18, 2010
Hello,

How often do event like the ones I listed above (regrowing of lost limbs, raising of the long dead, healing of the sick, etc) happen, solely as a result of petitionary prayers? I submit that these NEVER happen. The fact that these things NEVER happen - does that suggest that there are NO christians with faith at all in the world? And that all their claims and boasts of having faith is all self-congratulatory deception and delusion?

A futher question - Can anyone name anything (with permanent and/or tangible physical results) that cannot be done except through FAITH?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
^^
Huxley, How have you been? Hope you are good out there. . . . .
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
If ye have faith; the reference here is to that faith with which Christ, in the case of the apostles, connected the working of miracles. Nothing shall be impossible; no exercise of miraculous power, however great, that may be needful in the prosecution of your apostolic work. The spirit of this promise applies to all Christ's servants in all ages. No hinderance to their work can be so great that faith cannot overcome it. Had men higher views of Christ, greater confidence in him, and more entire devotion to his service, they might receive much more good themselves, and be instrumental of much greater good to others.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
Huxley,

It is of importance you understand that the way of the light is to follow the teachings and examples of Christ in faith. When we do so, we see and experience the same thing as Christ did in the scriptures.

Recall, we are not Jesus Christ, we are the followers of Jesus Christ, and as such it means WE ARE CONSTANTLY LEARNING the ways of Jesus Christ and his mighty acts. We may not get it all at first but with time in his word and constant faith we will do it.

The disciples who witnessed Jesus in the flesh, who saw all the mighty deeds he performed still made their own mistakes/gaffes when cases similar to what Christ did was brought to them.

Matt 17:15-21

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is epileptic, and suffereth grievously; for oft-times he falleth into the fire, and off-times into the water.

16[b] And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him [/b] . . .

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast it out?
20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21(But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting .)
ASV

You see even the disciples could not even perform as expected even though they dined and wined with the Great Christ himself.

What is worth noting is that after the gaffes, Jesus christ came in and taught them how they ought to get result the next time it comes. These MOGs are not God, they are men with limitations who still suffer doubts too. hence they faulter or will i say perform little when faced with great challenges. Why? because they are still learning and growing in the grace of Jesus' might.

When i believe in the power of Christ i can heal all many of sickness but not immediately, i must first learn to grow in the grace.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Joagbaje(m): 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
Whenever I see these blue letters, I know Tonye-t is arround
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by huxley(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
mazaje:

^^
Huxley, How have you been? Hope you are good out there. . . . .

Hello Mazeje, Am fine and doing good. How about you? I see you have been putting some sense into our theistic friends here on NL. More grease to your elbow.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by huxley(m): 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tonye-t:

Huxley,

It is of importance you understand that the way of the light is to follow the teachings and examples of Christ in faith. When we do so, we see and experience the same thing as Christ did in the scriptures.

Recall, we are not Jesus Christ, we are the followers of Jesus Christ, and as such it means WE ARE CONSTANTLY LEARNING the ways of Jesus Christ and his mighty acts. We may not get it all at first but with time in his word and constant faith we will do it.

The disciples who witnessed Jesus in the flesh, who saw all the mighty deeds he performed still made their own mistakes/gaffes when cases similar to what Christ did was brought to them.

Matt 17:15-21

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is epileptic, and suffereth grievously; for oft-times he falleth into the fire, and off-times into the water.

16[b] And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him [/b] . . .

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast it out?
20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21(But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting .)
ASV

You see even the disciples could not even perform as expected even though they dined and wined with the Great Christ himself.

What is worth noting is that after the gaffes, Jesus christ came in and taught them how they ought to get result the next time it comes. These MOGs are not God, they are men with limitations who still suffer doubts too. hence they faulter or will i say perform little when faced with great challenges. Why? because they are still learning and growing in the grace of Jesus' might.

When i believe in the power of Christ i can heal all many of sickness but not immediately, i must first learn to grow in the grace.

Hello Tonye-t, pardon me, but your thinking is all back-to-front and lobe-sided. You are asking me to believe that your Jesus Christ is powerful, wonderful, and awesome - and that having faith in him will empower me to achieve anything possible. But I ask you - Where is the evidence that Jesus is powerful, and that faith in him will empower? Where is the evidence?

Can you show me anything today that has been achieved through FAITH in Jesus, and that could not have been achieved otherwise?

We need to establish this prior fact first before I would consider believing in your Jesus. Let me give you a view of my perspective - Do you believe Mohammed is the prophetic of God? Do you have any evidence for the position you take with respect to Mohammed?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
huxley:

Hello Mazeje, Am fine and doing good. How about you? I see you have been putting some sense into our theistic friends here on NL. More grease to your elbow.

I am good. Nice to know that you are also doing fine. . . .Best wishes. . . .
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 10:21am On Feb 19, 2010
huxley:

Hello Tonye-t, pardon me, but your thinking is all back-to-front and lobe-sided. You are asking me to believe that your Jesus Christ is powerful, wonderful, and awesome - and that having faith in him will empower me to achieve anything possible. But I ask you - Where is the evidence that Jesus is powerful, and that faith in him will empower? Where is the evidence?

Can you show me anything today that has been achieved through FAITH in Jesus, and that could not have been achieved otherwise?

We need to establish this prior fact first before I would consider believing in your Jesus. Let me give you a view of my perspective - Do you believe Mohammed is the prophetic of God? Do you have any evidence for the position you take with respect to Mohammed?

Mr.Huxley,

I am someone who wouldnt care to force a donkey to the stream talkless of forcing its head to drink water. Huxley, Christianity is a Life you must experience it to know it!.

That said, i have not come here to tell you that my Jesus is powerful and great if you believe me, rather He is powerful and great if you believe Him!. its called "The Experience".

If anyone had gone up to Paul to preach of the nature and ominscient of Christ, He would have nailed you to a cross. Until he experienced it he could not believe it either.

Maybe this dialogue will help:

Huxley: Tonye, why do you folks dont perform the great miracles as did your master?

Tonye-t: Who said we dont? We do perform the great miracles today

Huxley: Ok, so why do we not see legs growing in the spot and other signs as was written on account of your master?

Tonye-t: It still happens, because you're yet to see one doesnt mean it doesnt exist

Huxley: Ok, Tonye you're an hypocrite! how else do you want me to believe in Him and be changed to a Christian when i havent seen any proof?

Tonye-t: The christian life can never be attained by first expecting to see/witness a miracle before you believe

Huxley: How?

Tonye-t: You have to believe in the life before you experience it

Huxley: Tonye-t, pardon me, but your thinking is all back-to-front and lobe-sided, how exactly do you mean?

Tonye-t: Lets read this?

(Matt 9:28-30)-

28 . . ." Jesus said to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this? They said to Him, Yes, Lord.

29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith and trust and reliance [on the power invested in Me] be it done to you;

30 And their eyes were opened.AMP

Again read this?

John 1:50 . . . "do you believe in and rely on and trust in Me? You shall see greater things than this! AMP

Huxley: Ok tonye-t, lets just say i understand you, but why do the acclaimed MOG struggle to perform the miracles as did Jesus

Tonye-t: This is where you get it wrong, not all who call Him Master! Master!! are truly of the fold.

Huxley:

Tonye-t: Yes, we have many wolves in sheep's clothing, there are many false prophets as there are the real ones

Huxley: Who are the real ones and the fake ones

Tonye-t: You must be born-again, for when you do, you'll receive the gift of discernment to test all the spirits if they are of Christ or Satan.

God bless you!
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^
What is this pathetic rigmarole

Tonye-t are you born again? Do you believe in the words of Jesus that says that if you believe and have faith nothing will be impossible for you? I have a friend whose daughter was born blind, can you heal her? I also have a friend who is an amputee, can you pray to jesus so that he will restore his amputated limbs?. . . . .Can you do that or is the bible lying as usual?. . . . . . .Here are a few bible verses to help you. . . . .

John 14 12-14
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Matthew 17:20
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Tonye-t do you have faith as a grain of a mustard seed? Can you heal a little girl that was born blind and also restore the limbs of an amputee? If the words written in the bible are nothing other than LIES then you should be able to do all these things no?. . . . .Remember according to the bible Jesus said that you will do greater things than the things which he allegedly did so that the father may be glorified. . . . . .
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by richjohn1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
The case of someone that believes the bible is either deliberate ignorance/hyponized delusion or simply madness

I believe xtians are mad.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
mazaje:

^^
Tonye-t are you born again?

Yes I am born again!

mazaje:

Do you believe in the words of Jesus that says that if you believe and have faith nothing will be impossible for you?

Yes I believe in the words of Jesus that says if I have faith nothing will be impossible for me!
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
Mr.Mazaje,

There is a power behind miracles and its called the dunamos (the force that is passed unto someone). When Jesus said "if i have faith as a mustard seed i can move mountain" Jesus wasnt sounding literal he was sounding figuratively. How?

Recall (that's if you read the bible very well) that in that same passage his disciples could not heal a common epileptic and when Jesus arrived they asked him why they couldnt heal and he said "BECAUSE YE HAVE LITTLE FAITH" now instead of giving them BIG FAITH, He rather told them to possess a much smaller faith the size of a mustard seed if.

Now this is where thousands of fools miss it, lets say the faith they had b4 he came was the size of a nut (if we want to quantify it) yet they could not heal, why would he now say they should rather possess the size of the smallest seed on earth. does it make sense?. That should tell you that Jesus Christ was sounding figuratively there. Meaning there was something he meant by the word "MUSTARD SEED".

MUSTARD SEED is the Kingdom of God.

Matt 13:31-32 "

31 He told them another parable: "[size=14pt]The kingdom of heaven is as a mustard seed[/size], which a man took and planted in his field.

32 Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches." 

Recall in the initial scriptures, he said IF YE HAVE FAITH AS A MUSTARD SEED, Now connecting the two, you'll come to understand that what he meant there was

". . . IF YE HAVE FAITH AS THE KINGDOM OF GOD, ye can tell this mountain to move and it will" .

What is the Kingdom of God, it the Life, it is a people, it is a system, it is a nature. So therefore when he said "if ye have faith like a mustard seed ye can move mountain" he meant " If ye have faith like the people under the system of God and of His nature ye can move mountain"

And pls note that this faith (the power to heal) comes in measures and the scriptures has said that

"THE EFFECTUAL FERVENT PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS ONES WILL MAKE TREMEMDOUS POWER (power to heal) AVAILABLE!"

God bless you Mr.Unbeliever! wink wink
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
Rich_john you have a rough mouth and trust me i sure know how to bridle horses. Ask Tudor!  embarassed embarassed wink
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by viaro: 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
rich_john:

The case of someone that believes the bible is either deliberate ignorance/hyponized delusion or simply madness

I believe xtians are mad.

Thank you for trying to show how rational you could be. But even so, could you tell us where your own madness lies?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
Tonye-t:

Yes I am born again!

Good. . . . .

Yes I believe in the words of Jesus that says if I have faith nothing will be impossible for me!

Good, since you believe that nothing will be impoossible for you, I will like to bring my friends daughter who has been born blind for you to pray for her and heal her. . . My friend who is an amputee will also come along. . . . Rember nothing will be impossible for you. . . . .If you agree then I will fly them to where ever you are. . . .NO kiddo. . . .
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Tonyet1(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
mazaje:

Good. . . . .

Good, since you believe that nothing will be impoossible for you, I will like to bring my friends daughter who has been born blind for you to pray for her and heal her. . . My friend who is an amputee will also come along. . . . Rember nothing will be impossible for you. . . . .If you agree then I will fly them to where ever you are. . . .NO kiddo. . . .

Please do and i guarantee you IN THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD- JESUS, your friends daughter's sight SHALL be restored. But one thing:- Will you believe?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Image123(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2010
The Word of God is the whole Bible, 66books. Not a verse or two. You don't pick up one verse and start running without regard for the remaining over 60 books which are a complete revelation of God and His nature to all men.
The Word of God is not maths, a+a =2a. It's not a book of incantations or magic where anyone who says labadundun the magic word has the door open.
The Word of God is alive, not a robot. It's a relationship. A relationship isn't an exact science. Factors abound.
I'll be back later on this thread. mazaje, when are you going to cut those hands we talked about, instead of amassing disabled friends all round you?
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by ilosiwaju: 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
Image123:

The Word of God is the whole Bible, 66books. Not a verse or two. You don't pick up one verse and start running without regard for the remaining over 60 books which are a complete revelation of God and His nature to all men.
The Word of God is not maths, a+a =2a. It's not a book of incantations or magic where anyone who says labadundun the magic word has the door open.
The Word of God is alive, not a robot. It's a relationship. A relationship isn't an exact science. Factors abound.
I'll be back later on this thread. mazaje, when are you going to cut those hands we talked about, instead of amassing disabled friends all round you?
@Image123: bros how far now? remember our lil buhaha over this amputee thingy? just reminiscing. grin how u dey sha?

mazaje:

Mazaje, dont waste money on tickets oo. Shebi prayer works in proxy? grin grin grin
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2010
ilosiw
i'm fine, thank you. How are you also. By now, you should encourage mazaje, not discourage him. There's a price to pay to see things you've never seen. You reminisce me talk about not just sitting in one place, making unfounded claims? armchair atheism? Good of you. You remember.
Get out there to the grounds and see things for yourself, not just read a page from some website, and start rubbing hands gleefully.
I'll be back.
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by ilosiwaju: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2010
mo ti gbo sir.
grin
Re: God's Intervention Badly Wanted by mazaje(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
Tonye-t:

Please do and i guarantee you IN THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD- JESUS, your friends daughter's sight SHALL be restored. But one thing:- Will you believe?

I am ready, will you pay me back my cash after the experiment fails?. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Same-sex Marriage: A Perversion Of God's Perfection. / Revealed: How Nigeria’s Prominent Businessmen Recruit Homosexual Partners! / Wofbi Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.