Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

Is Jesus Really The Truth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really The Truth? (801 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 5:54am On Aug 20, 2017
What is the truth.
From input of many authority sources, TRUTH can be said to be correct position or reality about something which is a subject of controversies.
Jesus amidst of controversies on his personality declared:
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There are some salient features about TRUTH that is noteworthy:
1.Truth is independent of every other associative factors.
2.Truth cannot be changed because even after the evidences are destroyed the truth still remained that they were destroyed.
3. Truth does not show symphaty to ignorance
4.Truth does not respect believe systems of man.
5.Truth is not sensitive to limitation or error in human perception ability.e.g controversy over the shape of the earth.
6.Truth cannot be hidden forever.
Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

2 Corinthians 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

There is a popolar old adage that says " seing is believing". But how true is this?
Is it always true that what man senses organ percieve is the TRUTH?
A little experiment on visual illusion can help us, may be?
Take a look at picture below and tell whether you are seing straight line or not?
Apparently the lines are bend but TRUELY the lines are straight. You can confirm by placing straight ruler on the edges of the lines to confirm.

Little wonder the Bible advised:
2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

There is something astonishly outstanding about Jesus: Of all men who have have made self declarative statement about their divinity, He is the only one who still remains relevant, more than 2000 years after.
Remember that if Jesus is the truth as he claimed and He is,
Your believe system, your perception, your ignorance and many more will not matter and will also not be an excuse.
A very simple way of knowing the truth is by testing it.
Taste of the pudding is in the eating of it. Give Him a try and if He fails you, my guess is that you know what to do

You may have the choices of not believing or care less, but I am certain that you shall not have the choice of escaping the consequence of your choice.
Friend I can assure you that the only offence many shall be guilty of is that they chose not to be bothered by the need to know the TRUTH.
It is your responsibility to know the TRUTH and accept it so that it can set you free.

Accept the TRUTH(JESUS) today.

Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by falcon01: 6:01am On Aug 20, 2017
The lines are straight up in my eyes. Maybe am not normal
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeepSight(m): 6:03am On Aug 20, 2017
waldigit:

What is the truth.
From input of many authority sources, TRUTH can be said to be correct position or reality about something which is a subject of controversies.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2.Truth cannot be changed because even after the evidences are destroyed the truth still remained that they were destroyed.
5.Truth is not sensitive to limitation or error in human perception ability.e.g controversy over the shape of the earth.
Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

There is a popolar old adage that says " seing is believing". But how true is this?
Take a look at picture below and tell whether you are seing straight line or not?
Apparently the lines are bend but TRUELY the lines are straight. You can confirm by placing straight ruler on the edges of the lines to confirm.

There is something astonishly outstanding about Jesus: Of all men who have have made self declarative statement about their divinity, He is the only one who still remains relevant, more than 2000 years after.
Your believe system, your perception, your ignorance and many more will not matter and will also not be an excuse.
Taste of the pudding is in the eating of it. Give Him a try and if He fails you, my guess is that you know what to do

You may have the choices of not believing or care less, but I am certain that you shall not have the choice of escaping the consequence of your choice.
Friend I can assure you that the only offence many shall be guilty of is that they chose not to be bothered by the need to know the TRUTH.
It is your responsibility to know the TRUTH and accept it so that it can set you free.

You are ignorant and mad.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeSepiero(m): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2017
DeepSight:

Demonstrate
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by johnydon22(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2017
waldigit:

What is the truth.

Replying this Muskeeto style: Huge wall of text. That's all I see here.
It seems the last line was the only purpose.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeepSight:

That reminds me to add that TRUTH IS BITTER.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeepSight(m): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
waldigit:

That reminds me to add that TRUTH IS BITTER.

Are you saying that Jesus is bitter?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeepSight:

Are you saying that Jesus is bitter?
Yeah He will be bitter to those who hate the Truth, but sweet to those that love it.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
johnydon22:

Replying this Muskeeto style: Huge wall of text. That's all I see here. It seems the last line was the only purpose.
You got it right.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeepSight(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
waldigit:

Yeah He will be bitter to those who hate the Truth, but sweet to those that love it.

That is contradictory. You said the Truth is bitter and that Jesus is this Truth. As such it follows that he is bitter, period.

You are simply suffering colonial mentality and a horrible cultural inferiority complex. If the exact same story of Jesus was given to you by your African ancestors you would laugh at it as a myth. But a white man comes to tell you that a Jewish child was born by a virgin after God slept with the virgin and that the child died and his death leads to the forgiveness of sins and salvation of all mankind and that in fact this Jewish man is God himself.

How you can believe such balderdash and still imagine that you respect yourself is beyond me.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeepSight:

That is contradictory. You said the Truth is bitter and that Jesus is this Truth. As such it follows that he is bitter, period.

You are simply suffering colonial mentality and a horrible cultural inferiority complex. If the exact same story of Jesus was given to you by your African ancestors you would laugh at it as a myth. But a white man comes to tell you that a Jewish child was born by a virgin after God slept with the virgin and that the child died and his death leads to the forgiveness of sins and salvation of all mankind and that in fact this Jewish man is God himself.

How you can believe such balderdash and still imagine that you respect yourself is beyond me.

I didn't take the white man's word for it. I used the power of faith and received mercy to know the truth.
I then balanced what was revealed to me by applying it and then got result.
I don't have anything against your belief system. yet I have a ministry to fulfill.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeepSight(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
waldigit:

I didn't take the white man's word for it. I used the power of faith and received mercy to know the truth.
I then balanced what was revealed to me by applying it and then got result.
I don't have anything against your belief system. yet I have a ministry to fulfill.

Have you ever tried using this same power of faith on your African Ancestral and Traditional Religions, and if not, why?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeepSight:

Have you ever tried using this same power of faith on your African Ancestral and Traditional Religions, and if not, why?
I didn't because from history and current global event these religion failed my forefathers. Kept them in the dark enslaved them and made inferior until the gospel of Jesus Christ came to liberate them.
The religion failed to teach them love hence they sold themselves to slavery.
Unfortunately, after effect still lingers till today.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by obisco4u: 12:15am On Aug 21, 2017
The fact is there is no such thing as truth in the context we put it. Truth is what we agree it is. If i say something and a million people agree with me then it becomes our truth, and so we try to get others to agree with us by calling it "truth". But that doesn't make it a fact.
So if I say Santa claus created the world and I can convince a million people to believe me, then it becomes truth, but not a fact.

The Sun rises from the East and sets in the West, now thats a fact because there is evidence that we can all see that is consistent and never changes.

As for Jesus, with all the different stories and accounts, it might be truth of some sorth, but I won't call it FACT!
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by oaroloye(m): 12:30am On Aug 21, 2017
SHALOM!

LORD YAHSHUA lived a Holy Lufe, died, Resurrected from the dead, and Ascended alive with his Physical Body, into Heaven, to sit at God's Right Hand.

If we want the thge same Experience, we can only achieve It by obeying HIS Teachings alone.

THAT is what makes YAHSHUA "THE" TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:49am On Aug 21, 2017
CHRIST JESUS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by DeepSight(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2017
waldigit:

I didn't because from history and current global event these religion failed my forefathers. Kept them in the dark enslaved them and made inferior until the gospel of Jesus Christ came to liberate them.

What a m.oronic answer. In the first place how exactly did ancestral religions fail your fore fathers? Wars and conquests, including slavery are a fact of history all over the world. Even your special Jews have been enslaved by Egyptians and Babylonians and Assyrians, not so? Does this mean that Yahweh had failed them? Why are you reasoning in such a pathetic and ignorant fashion. Biko, where did you get your education?

Secondly are we to conclude from your analysis that the success of a nation is evidence of the veracity of its religious model. Thus, from your analysis, we should also say that the pagan traditions of Babylon, Persia, Egypt, Greece and Rome were all worthy religious models since these nations were the most successful super powers of their times, no?

religion failed to teach them love hence they sold themselves to slavery. Unfortunately, after effect still lingers till today.

What is wrong with you? Is slavery not promoted in the Bible? ? ?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Truth? by waldigit: 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
DeepSight:

What a m.oronic answer. In the first place how exactly did ancestral religions fail your fore fathers? Wars and conquests, including slavery are a fact of history all over the world. Even your special Jews have been enslaved by Egyptians and Babylonians and Assyrians, not so? Does this mean that Yahweh had failed them? Why are you reasoning in such a pathetic and ignorant fashion. Biko, where did you get your education?

Secondly are we to conclude from your analysis that the success of a nation is evidence of the veracity of its religious model. Thus, from your analysis, we should also say that the pagan traditions of Babylon, Persia, Egypt, Greece and Rome were all worthy religious models since these nations were the most successful super powers of their times, no?

What is wrong with you? Is slavery not promoted in the Bible? ? ?

That's where you got it wrong. I preach the Gospel and not religion, hence, emphasis on Truth. Christ did not promote slavery. Rather he promoted peaceful revolution. He did not support any political or religious system, neither did he encourage violent revolution of status quo. He advocated for a better option of the kingdom of God, which is what can only satisfy man and history has vindicated him.
What happened in the Bible within political and religious cycle were subjects of human perceptions and limitations imposed by the devil and that's one of the divine purpose of Jesus coming to the world.
Freedom you enjoy today with western education is part of the dividend of his coming.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Social Responsibility- The True Measure Of Christians Holiness / The Hidden Secrets Of The Word Of God / Why Did Jesus Made This Statement On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.