Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (78467 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Are we not literally calling him a liar by calling him God or coequal? He calls Jehovah the ONLY TRUE GOD (ONLY). If he himself could make such strong and affirmative statement, then who are we to deify him or to make him God or God's coequal?

In John 17:21 "May they also be in us..." Does it mean that we are also God's coequal? Give me a break!

1 Corinthians 11:3 "...the head of Christ is God". Does it mean that the woman and the man are coequal? Does it mean that the man and
Christ are coequal?

Matthew 24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father".
This alone is a clear distinction between the two. They are one just as he compared the man to the woman and the man to himself. In ONE family there is the man who is placed above the woman; Jehovah and Jesus also are one in purpose as John 5:30 clearly states.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by rekinomtla(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Are we not literally calling him a liar by calling him God or coequal? He calls Jehovah the ONLY TRUE GOD (ONLY). If he himself could make such strong and affirmative statement, then who are we to deify him or to make him God or God's coequal?

Does John call him a liar in the beginning of his gospel?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
John 10:30 "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE". John 14:8-9 "PHILIP SAITH UNTO HIM, LORD SHEW US THE FATHER, AND IT SUFFICETH US. JESUS SAID UNTO HIM, HAVE I BEEN SO LONG WITH YOU, AND YET HAST THOU NOT KNOWN ME PHILIP? HE THAT HATH SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; AND HOW SAYEST THOU THEN, SHEW US THE FATHER?" I think you should read these scripures, you don't need anybody to explain these verses to you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2017
He is God the son.. Otherwise why would God call his son God?
The Hebrew author quotes from psalm 45 in the 8th n 9th verses of Hebrews 1...
Hebrews 1:6-9
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

[8] But unto the Son he saith , Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

[9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness
above thy fellows.

10.And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Verse 8 ,God says to Jesus,"God your throne is forever....Your righteousness is a proof and staff of authority that you own it." Verse 9 is even clearer... God says to his son "God, even me your God has anointed you with oil...

verse 10 confirms John1:1 ND Isaiah 44:24. it says, "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the Lord, am the maker of all things,Stretching out the heavens by Myself, And spreading out the earth All ALONE." ...

Jesus is called 'LORD' who laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens.... In essence, he created the world n the universe... The "all alone" points out the singleness of God as spirit I.e God is one...

Jesus is God the son, but is one in spirit with the father...

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
Well, you have to blame your Bible translation for that mess.
Jesus has spoken, and he is the word. It is left for you to accept or decline.

John 20:17 "...I'm ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and YOUR God.'"
It is only your choice if to accept the word of Jesus when he told you who YOUR GOD is. He said that he ascended to YOUR GOD and you think that he lied to you?
He said, "YOUR GOD" and he left no option after that.
Or, is your God satan? Are you on Jesus side when he said that or on your own side?? Are you going to argue with him on that?

John 17;3 He said that Jehovah is the ONLY TRUE GOD and in John 20:17 he said that he is YOUR GOD.
You and I don't deserve it but out of Jehovah's undeserved kindness, he called us to be his children yet you turn down that offer and decide to deify his son above him.
How thoughtful of you.

rekinomtla:

Does John call him a liar in the beginning of his gospel?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning."

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jacksonville:
He is God the son.. Otherwise why would God call his son God?
The Hebrew author quotes from psalm 45 in the 8th n 9th verses of Hebrews 1...
Hebrews 1:6-9
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

[8] But unto the Son he saith , Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

[9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness
above thy fellows.

10.And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Verse 8 ,God says to Jesus,"God your throne is forever....Your righteousness is a proof and staff of authority that you own it." Verse 9 is even clearer... God says to his son "God, even me your God has anointed you with oil...

verse 10 confirms John1:1 ND Isaiah 44:24. it says, "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the Lord, am the maker of all things,Stretching out the heavens by Myself, And spreading out the earth All ALONE." ...

Jesus is called 'LORD' who laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens.... In essence, he created the world n the universe... The "all alone" points out the singleness of God as spirit I.e God is one...

Jesus is God the son, but is one in spirit with the father...

There is no phrase like God the son

The better and correct phrase should be Son of God

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
Maamin:

There is no phrase like God the son

The better and correct phrase should be Son of God

God is a title.. The sooner you get to understand this, the better for you. If you had eyes you would see from my post that Im not disputing that he is the son of God, He is. John 1:1 says he is God... Jesus says he isn't greater than his father, but they are one... In essence he is God the son...

John14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would
rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for
my Father is greater than I .

The father is greater than the son, because you don't expect Jesus in flesh being in form of a man to proclaim himself equal with God when his mission was to draw men to God... in spirit they are one(John10:30) and that is God..

He said he will draw men to himself (God) when he is liftedfrom earth .. John13:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

It was after his death and ressurection he revealed his identity .. Says "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Rev1:8

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
In Matthew 19:5 Jesus made a similar comment about a man becoming one with his wife and you don't need anybody to explain that verse to you either. In 1 Corinthians 11:3 we also read that the man is the head of the woman. Do those verses have conflicting meaning? No! It is very clear that a man and a woman becomes one after marriage. They now have a union and they have a single goal unitedly. That does not make them coequal. That does not make the woman a man or the man a woman.

In John 14:8-9 Jesus never claimed to be the father, he says whoever sees me has seen the father also. Recall that the Bible says that no man can see God and continue living. Did the people who saw Jesus die? No! They kept on living. If you proceed to the eleventh verse he says that the father is in him and he is also in the father. John 17:21 says that we should also be in the father. Does it then mean that we are God's coequal? No!
Matthew 25:40 Jesus said that if you do it to the least of these that you do it for him. But come to think of it, did you literally do it for Jesus? No! But, the purpose of which you did it reflects on his attributes and he is pleased with it and will reward you himself.
If he were God almighty or coequal, he would not waste a minute to tell it.
But he is the son of God and not God the son

joshnes:
John 10:30 "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE". John 14:8-9 "PHILIP SAITH UNTO HIM, LORD SHEW US THE FATHER, AND IT SUFFICETH US. JESUS SAID UNTO HIM, HAVE I BEEN SO LONG WITH YOU, AND YET HAST THOU NOT KNOWN ME PHILIP? HE THAT HATH SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; AND HOW SAYEST THOU THEN, SHEW US THE FATHER?" I think you should read these scripures, you don't need anybody to explain these verses to you.

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jacksonville:

God is a title.. The sooner you get to understand this, the better for you. If you had eyes you would see from my post that Im not disputing that he is the son of God, He is. John 1:1 says he is God... Jesus says he isn't greater than his father, but they are one... In essence he is God the son...

John14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would

The father is greater than the son, because you don't expect Jesus in flesh being in form of a man to proclaim himself equal with God when his mission was to draw men to God... in spirit they are one(John10:30) and that is God..

He said he will draw men to himself (God) when he is liftedfrom earth .. John13:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

It was after his death and ressurection he revealed his identity .. Says "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Rev1:8

God the son implies that God the father is God the son which is a wrong phrase to use.

God the father and the son of God are one in spirit..but Jesus made it crystal clear through out the Bible that he has a father and a God greater than him both in heaven and on earth.

You concluded too early by quoting Rev.1:8. Well let's start from verse 1 to get the real picture here.

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Take note of the bold in verse 1. God gave the Revelation to Jesus the Son, whom Jesus in turn gave to the Angel to give to his servant John

Now don't get confused by the ending footnote in verse 8. that says "the Almighty" this Revelation comes from God Almighty himself to the Son to the Angel and to John.

The father is always pleased to reveal and show his will to the Son and his will is what the son does and they are in agreement (one).

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
In Matthew 19:5 Jesus made a similar comment about a man becoming on with his wife and you don't need anybody to explain that verse to you either. In 1 Corinthians 11:3 we also read that the man is the head of the woman. Do those verses have conflicting meaning? No! It is very clear that a man and a woman becomes one after marriage. They now have a union and they have a single goal unitedly. That does not make them coequal. That does not make the woman a man or the man a woman.

In John 14:8-9 Jesus never claimed to be the father, he says whoever sees me has seen the father also. Recall that the Bible says that no man can see God and continue living. Did the people who see Jesus die? No! They kept on living. If you proceed to the eleventh verse he says that the father is in him and he is also in the father. John 17:21 says that we should also be in the father. Does it then mean that we are God's coequal? No!
Matthew 25:40 Jesus said that if you do it to the least of these that you do it for me him. But come to think of it, did you literally do it for Jesus? No! But, the purpose of which you did it reflects on his attributes and he is pleased with it and will reward you himself.
If he were God almighty or coequal, he would not waste a minute to tell it.
But he is the son of God and not God the son

Good one!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
The Bible never recorded God in the flesh. God is a spirit as John 4:24 says. There is nothing like not being equal to God because he was in the flesh. 1 Peter 3:18 says that Jesus was made alive in the spirit. Do you believe that verse? So, at the time that he became a spirit, did he become coequal to God? No!
A noteworthy thing is the account in John 14:6 where Jesus said that he is the way. The way to who? God! Can you be a way and be the destination at the same time?
If he revealed his identity after his death, why was he still unable to tell the end of this system of things? He said that even the angels in heaven who are spirits do not know. So becoming a spirit does not equal him to God.
John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative".
Jesus has told you that just as he sees his father doing, he learned. In John 5:20 you can see how the father taught and still teaches Jesus. You cannot be coequal to someone whose initiative you carry out, someone who teaches you, and above all someone who you are a FIRSTBORN to.

Jacksonville:

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Maamin:

God the son implies that God the father is God the son which is a wrong phrase to use.

God the father and the son of God are one in spirit..but Jesus made it crystal clear through out the Bible that he has a father and a God greater than him both in heaven and on earth.

You concluded too early by quoting Rev.1:8. Well let's start from verse 1 to get the real picture here.

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Take note of the bold in verse 1. God gave the Revelation to Jesus the Son, whom Jesus in turn gave to the Angel to give to his servant John

Now don't get confused by the ending footnote in verse 8. that says "the Almighty" this Revelation comes from God Almighty himself to the Son to the Angel and to John.

The father is always pleased to reveal and show his will to the Son and his will is what the son does and they are in agreement (one).

And then? Does this dispute the fact that Jesus is the word of God which turns out to be God? Does this imply that Jesus is God or not?

We all know that the revelation was given to Jesus to his servants by God hence the title " The revelation of Jesus" from Revelations1.. This is a revelation of whom Jesus is to his church and of the things to come..

Even God calls Jesus God just as the Holy Spirit is God... I'm sure you've seen psalm 45:6.. It's a title just like God told moses" I've made you a god unto pharaoh and Aaron is your prophet".. But it's beyond that. God the father is Almighty and the son is ...

Quit going back n forth on this... Is Jesus God? If no what do you say about John1:1...

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
ok

lovingJehovah:
The Bible never recorded God in the flesh. God is a spirit as John 4:24 says. There is nothing like not being equal to God because he was in the flesh. 1 Peter 3:18 says that Jesus was made alive in the spirit. Do you believe that verse? So, at the time that he became a spirit, did he become coequal to God? No!
A noteworthy thing is the account in John 14:6 where Jesus said that he is the way. The way to who? God! Can you be a way and be the destination at the same time?
If he revealed his identity after his death, why was he still unable to tell the end of this system of things? He said that even the angels in heaven who are spirits do not know. So becoming a spirit does not equal him to God.
Jesus has told you that just as he sees his father doing, he learned. In John 5:20 you can see how the father taught and still teaches Jesus. You cannot be coequal to someone whose initiative you carry out, someone who teaches you, and above all someone who you are a FIRSTBORN to.

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
When man begets a child, the child is a man. The same when God begets a son, He is God (John 1:1). In John 14:8-9, What Jesus said effectively was I Am the Father. Philip asked to see the Father, Jesus' reply was have I been so long with you that you don't know ME. In other words, what you're looking for is right in front of you and what was he looking for? The Father. In Phil 2:5-7, we are made to understand that Jesus had the form of God, but dropped the reputation and did not seek equality with God here on earth. For Him to drop a reputation, He must have one, which the scripture said is the "the form of God". You need to understand that here on earth, Jesus humbled Himself before God and became low, to die for you and I. This did not change His deity thereafter or therebefore, Jesus upholds everything by The Power Of His Word. The world was made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. Unless you are saying that God did not make the world, then Jesus is not God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
I am not the author of the Bible to make a point to you. If you care to hear the Bible's point, let us view it together in 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us ONE GOD, THE FATHER, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, THROUGH WHOM all things are and we through him.

Before reading the second verse that has another answer to your question, I will like you to refresh your mind with 1 Timothy 2:4 'God's...will is that all sorts of people...COME TO AN ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH'.

Now, the subsequent verse is in 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is ONE GOD, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.

Jacksonville:
Your point exactly.... Is Jesus God or not?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by rekinomtla(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Well, you have to blame your Bible translation for that mess.
Jesus has spoken, and he is the word. It is left for you to accept or decline.

John 20:17 "...I'm ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and YOUR God.'"
It is only your choice if to accept the word of Jesus when he told you who YOUR GOD is. He said that he ascended to YOUR GOD and you think that he lied to you?
He said, "YOUR GOD" and he left no option after that.
Or, is your God satan? Are you on Jesus side when he said that or on your own side?? Are you going to argue with him on that?

John 17;3 He said that Jehovah is the ONLY TRUE GOD and in John 20:17 he said that he is YOUR GOD.
You and I don't deserve it but out of Jehovah's undeserved kindness, he called us to be his children yet you turn down that offer and decide to deify his son above him.
How thoughtful of you.

What's the correct translation?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jacksonville:

And then? Does this dispute the fact that Jesus is the word of God which turns out to be God? Does this imply that Jesus is God or not?

We all know that the revelation was given to Jesus to his servants by God hence the title " The revelation of Jesus" from Revelations1.. This is a revelation of whom Jesus is to his church and of the things to come..

Even God calls Jesus God just as the Holy Spirit is God... I'm sure you've seen psalm 45:6.. It's a title just like God told moses" I've made you a god unto pharaoh and Aaron is your prophet".. But it's beyond that. God the father is Almighty and the son is ...

Quit going back n forth on this... Is Jesus God? If no what do you say about John1:1...

What made me quote you the first time was the wrong use of the phrase "God the son" instead of "Son of God" and I belief you have come to understand the difference between the two and their implication.

God is a title yes of course. Anyone can assume the title but we all know that there is but one true God. Due. 6:4 just one, not 3

Apart from this I do not argue that Jesus is not God.

But also Almighty and mighty God has been used for God the father and Christ the Son.

This does not put them both on equal table of authority. God will always be the father and God to Jesus Christ the son. (God remains overall)

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
I emboldened the controversy in your comment.
I see that you quoted John 1:3 "...without him nothing was made".
But something that you failed to realize is the preposition "THROUGH" that was used in that verse in your Bible.
A postman is not the originator of the message that he delivered but it came through him. That is the point that you are missing. You might read it again for clarity.

1 Corinthians 8:6 also corroborates the verse that you quoted earlier, 'there is actually to us one God, the Father, FROM whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH whom all things are and we THROUGH him.

Don't get it twisted though, we do believe in Jesus. He himself told us in John 17:3 that Jehovah is the ONLY true God. Also he told us that our God is the father, Jehovah in John 20:17. Calling Jesus our God means calling him a liar and thereby disrespecting his father. If he wanted us to call him God he would have clearly stated that.

I know that this is hard for you seeing that you have had this concept all your life, but the word of God comes above any human's perception. It is a gift from our loving creator, Jehovah.

joshnes:
When man begets a child, the child is a man. The same when God begets a son, He is God (John 1:1). In John 14:8-9, What Jesus said effectively was I Am the Father. Philip asked to see the Father, Jesus' reply was have I been so long with you that you don't know ME. In other words, what you're looking for is right in front of you and what was he looking for? The Father. In Phil 2:5-7, we are made to understand that Jesus had the form of God, but dropped the reputation and did not seek equality with God here on earth. For Him to drop a reputation, He must have one, which the scripture said is the "the form of God". You need to understand that here on earth, Jesus humbled Himself before God and became low, to die for you and I. This did not change His deity thereafter or therebefore, Jesus upholds everything by The Power Of His Word. The world was made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. Unless you are saying that God did not make the world, then Jesus is not God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
Brilliant question!
Now, you can find the answer right in 1 Corinthians 8:6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
rekinomtla:

What's the correct translation?
Re: Is Jesus God? by rekinomtla(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Brilliant question!
Now, you can find the answer right in 1 Corinthians 8:6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

That doesn't answer my question. undecided
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jesus is a god Just as it is written in 1 Corinthians 8:6. Jesus himself said that we have an ONLY TRUE GOD as you can read in John 17:3. And he said that our everlasting life means knowing his father, the ONLY TRUE GOD who is Jehovah also he himself. To authenticate what he said in John 17:3, he went on in John 20:17 to say that he ascended to OUR GOD. So, the question is do you believe Jesus when he said that? Or did he lie to you?

rekinomtla:

That doesn't answer my question. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by rekinomtla(m): 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Jesus is a god Just as it is written in 1 Corinthians 8:6. Jesus himself said that we have an ONLY TRUE GOD as you can read in John 17:3. And he said that our everlasting life means knowing his father, the ONLY TRUE GOD who is Jehovah also he himself. To authenticate what he said in John 17:3, he went on in John 20:17 to say that he ascended to OUR GOD. So, the question is do you believe Jesus when he said that? Or did he lie to you?

I'm asking about John opening verse that says "the word was God", you said I should blame my translation, hence I asked what's the correct translation?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Right there in front of you. It is in your Bible. Were you expecting me to refer you to our NWT? Nope! Didn't you take your time to read the verses I quoted? Jesus himself said it. 1 Corinthians has the answer.
rekinomtla:

I'm asking about John opening verse that says "the word was God", you said I should blame my translation, hence I asked what's the correct translation?
Re: Is Jesus God? by rekinomtla(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Right there in front of you. It is in your Bible. Were you expecting me to refer you to our NWT? Nope! Didn't you take your time to read the verses I quoted? Jesus himself said it. 1 Corinthians has the answer.

I was expecting you to answer my question directly, not avoid it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
No, bro. I am not the author of the Bible. As you can see, I have been quoting every response of mine from the scriptures. I know nothing without the Bible. I am not here to share my opinion or point but the Bible's viewpoint. I encourage you to do some deep research to find out the first century Christians' translation of the Bible. It cuts through all the mess and dogma circulating in town.
rekinomtla:

I was expecting you to answer my question directly, not avoid it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
Do you believe Jesus existed before He came to earth? If yes, what was He in heaven?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
Alright thank you
Maamin:

Apart from this I do not argue that Jesus is not God.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
You talk too much I guess. If you can quote the Bible to ascertain your claims then why can't you be plain with the question I asked?

Here you are giving me the "i don't know all " attitude. You were too quick to prove your point that Jesus isnt God the son but the son of God. If there Is God the son isn't it plausible that there could be God the father who begot the son ...Which means the son is a son of God? What's it there that you cannot comprehend in this?

I'm not doing this with you else we keep going back n forth. All these you're quoting I've gone through all before and I'm not disputing any... Thanks

lovingJehovah:
I am not the author of the Bible to make a point to you. If you care to hear the Bible's point, let us view it together in 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us ONE GOD, THE FATHER, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, THROUGH WHOM all things are and we through him.

Before reading the second verse that has another answer to your question, I will like you to refresh your mind with 1 Timothy 2:4 'God's...will is that all sorts of people...COME TO AN ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH'.

Now, the subsequent verse is in 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is ONE GOD, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by bingbagbo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:

Really? Read 1 Timothy 3:16

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by bingbagbo(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
lovingJehovah:

Really?

Jesus is a God?

End of debate

Please check Isaiah 44:6

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
The prophecy of Isaiah in Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulders and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace". Jesus is called by Isaiah "The Mighty God" and the "Everlasting Father". I don't know about you, but I believe those titles belong to God alone.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
joshnes:
Do you believe Jesus existed before He came to earth? If yes, what was He in heaven?
lovingJehovah, please answer this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Is This A Proof That The Trending Apostle Suleman's Photos Were Photoshopped? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.