Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari (63025 Views)

Buhari Lines Up Heavyweights To Battle PDP In South-south / List Of Political Heavyweights Present At The 2017 PDP Convention / Rivers APC Captures PDP Heavyweights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2017
goldedprince:

i am an anti ipob but for you to mention me to talking stupidly, i feel like slaping that mumu commot for you head. idiots like you are the problem that should be eradicated too. not even ipob or boko haram. yes you said i should be banned, but do you know that
YOU SHOULD BE ERADICATED
Why do you insult him before making your point?

Abeg sorry jare cool
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2017
Recycled criminals and old men with no vision or purpose in life apart from stealing and perpetuating themselves in office, to hell with all of them. #ourmumudondo.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by ItsTutsi(m): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2017
Guy abeg dont decieve urself!!,i know ur getting all emotionala and some sense of hope but all those saying donal duke,the truth is he stands "NO" chance whatsoever..go to the north and ask who knows him,reality will dawn on u
team-synergy:

y ?

they actually don't need a northern candidate... a VP from d north is ok... with the support of the big guns like atiku, makaffi and lamido, they can easily unseat Apc
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2017
excel4us:
No Sane Igbo man is inerested in your presidency my friend.Thank you

Rochas, nnamani, andy uba, peter obi, Charles soludo and the list continue

They are waiting for bubu
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Paulabiodun: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2017
Can buhari withstand rigorous activities of campaigning and other come 2019,a m only seeing Donald Duke and fayose(v.p),anybody that vote APC again or buhari suffers the same sickness he's having....I pity them though
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by zolajpower: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Your second line said a lot about you,that you are a liar,and for the dollar thing,how much was dollar to naira when gej take over from yar adua?
don't call me names my brother . If u have a car u will know what I'm saying ,if u have electronical gadget u won't call me a liar. During Good luck's regime u can get a battery of 18ham for 15k pending on the maker ,now it's 25k. I bought a 21" tv from jumia for 28k now it 40 k .
Lemme say categorically, I'm not a party freak person ,because since obasanjo who God deliverd from the jaws of death couldn't move the country forward then I have no believe in the person who move the country forward . This are facts and please don't call me names in ur mention . I'm responsible to my opinion and write ups and if u are not tired of the recycling of the same face and same people who continue to put our economy into jeopardy, I'm tired .
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2017
mrvitalis:

Depending on the campaign strategy

Put liberate your self your Hausa Fulani dominance and he gets 70% of the middle belt and 40% of north east ,south west are always narrow ...a south east vice will give him 7 million votes from my zone and another 7 million from south south ...with this he is president
SW always narrow? Not when a Yoruba man in Osinbajo is in the ticket. Was narrow the last time for some factors oing for PDP which are almost non-existent this time around.

David Mark can't get 20% against PMB in NE/NW. He will struggle to edge him in NC.

Mark has 25% chance maximum against PMB.

1 Like

Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by discman2k2(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2017
ojobekehinde:
Only aboki can do this.

Even me bros, i suspect its one Aboki guy i knw; Abu Isman is his name faking all about his profile.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by daryoor(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2017
fayose = stannis baratheon.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Ola5TP: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2017
Fondlebreast:
ignores the zombie
Waillers spoted! Truth is bitter
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by MyMouth(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2017
MONITZ:

Nice points though bt Wat makes u think the North will allow the Yorubas to take over from them in 2023? Guy u re on a long thing, u will experience the Hausas' treachery first hand as regards power when the time comes !, they will insist that the NC especially is a different entity from NW and NE nd would insist that power shifts there too where they ve another Hausa stooge on standby..

These people can't just be trusted with power, they crave and seek it nd they can kill, maim anyone who stands in their way in their quest for it. They ve a long term plan, it's just that most people don't know this yet....
Forget it! Am from the north, power returns to the south in 2023 that is if pmb contest and win( which I know he will win if he does). The only issue is I don't know which part of the south takes it, though I put my money on the south west.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by CecyAdrian(f): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2017
PassingShot:

Well, it's impossible for any of us to tell what will happen in the future.

I don't see it happening that after PMB, anyone from the North (NC specifically) will be allowed by the rest of the country to be president.

There's an unwritten understanding of how power will rotate. And based on that principle, power should naturally go to the SE after PMB in 2023 given that OBJ and GEJ have both held it on behalf of SW and SS. However, the way the Igbos play their politics of bitterness and hatred, plus their resolve to leave Nigeria, have schemed them out of contention.

All your analysis are so on point!! I'm an Igbo lady and all you analyzed are 100% facts especially the bolded. Igbo's are foolishly killing their political relevance in Nigeria without knowing.

PS: let's get married biko
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2017
ItsTutsi:
I agree with ur with opinion regarding buhari's political clout within the northern side,with all the propaganda against him and his below per performance,he still has a cult fan base from the northern axis,so I dont see anyone from the current politicians that will be able to compete or challenge him in that region,however,u definitely cant underrate kwankwaso,that will be at ur own peril,i dont see a better poltician than him at the moment,with a fanatic fan base to similar to buhari's,he will most definitely,certainly dislodge any candidate in the northern region,ganduje is a non entity compared to kwankwaso,their not at the same level when it comes to politics,its just media hype from ganduje's part but he knows he cant challenge kwankwaso when it comes to politics,no matter how he disregards RK,he still dons the red cap in solidarity..remember how people thought he didnt stand a chance during apc's primaries against buhari and atiku?,but he did not only come second,but lost to buhari by a few votes and he was only trying his luck bcuz he knew the party had settled for buhari and clinching it just after switching from pdp didnt make sense..from my own perspective,the perfect candidate for pdp should be RK as he will be able to atleast split northern vote and since buhari/apc will misy likely clinch SW,he wont have an issue clinching SS/SE since its pdp's strong hold
Kwankwaso was a very distant 2nd to Buhari in the APC Primaries. PMB scored 3,340 while Kwankwaso scored 974 and Atiku scored 954. How is that a narrow loss?

Kwankwaso has no more than 30% chance against PMB in a national election.

In the NE/NW, Kwankwaso won't stand a chance. His best showing, even though he will lose there, will be Kano.

In the SW, PMB/PYO will trounce PDP's ticket hands down for an obvious reason.

In SS, it will be an even fight as APC will likely clinch Edo, give a very good fight in Delta and Cross River. Imo state will return at least 30% to PMB/PYO.

The only thing that could make PMB not win in 2019 is if health doesn't allow him to contest.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2017
CecyAdrian:

All your analysis are so on point!! I'm an Igbo lady and what all you analyzed are 100% facts especially the bolded. Igbo's are foolishly killing their political relevance in Nigeria without knowing.

PS: let's get married biko
Oya come marry a married man nah! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by teamsynergy: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2017
Zikaviirus:

Hope you know Duke mother is an Igbo woman from Igbo speaking part of Cross River state, and he speaks fluent Igbo.

so what? she is Nigerian and Donald Duke is a perfect candidate
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by AK481(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2017
Aburi001:
Non of them can withstands Buhari.

Which other politician in Nigeria will get this kind of welcome after 103 days away from home apart from Kanu who is NOT A POLITICIAN ? tongue

Nnamdi Kanu .

***smiles****
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Doyin2(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Integrity,the mother of all criteria.

Current economic hardship is temporary.

PMB /PYO all the way!
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by discman2k2(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2017
awa:
I can only vote if Donald Duke would contest in 2019 otherwise I can't waste my energy standing under the sun in 2019.

Duke all the way... If he fails then Naija would only need Angels to takeover governance for things to move forward.

So sorry to say, buh it seems some pipa r just re-echoing others that mentioned Donald Duke here.

This is one strong reason why the North always wins. They're highly strategic tribe, who use knowledge to do political calculations & thereby stand by the Chosen One.

At the moment, because of the high prices of goods & services in the country, PMB is loosing the admiration of his followers, even amongst his northern brothers.
Mind you, they're so lazy & used to getting things almost free that this Hard time is biting harder on the lazy North.

Yes, the nNorth will still present yet another Northerner, AND NOT BUHARI. You can see the trend of young northern leaders like the Kaduna state Gov. Kwankwaso, & especially Sokoto state Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, who is always in Abuja & in the south trying to garner support for his future presidential bid.

The South has to wake up & try to unseat the North, by ensuring they stand behind Osimbanjo or any other Yoruba man, for the east do not have any political strategic advantage. Except if the Eastern people can campaign for Okorocha & push it through an alliance wt the core North. But, Wosai! the easterners sentimentally detest Okorocha because they dont trust him.

Well, 2019 will be well contested & of course full of surprises.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by mayordj4real: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Donald Duke n Ribadu all the way
johnson232:

Donald duke is a good pick...But don't u think PDP really need someone from the north?
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by positivetaught: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Beating buhari n APC to the presidency in 2019 may be tough but certainly not impossible,PDP needs to clearly zone their president/vp ticket to the NE/SE then present a formidable candidate and conduct a detailed and factual campaign outlining the truth about the lies,deceit n double standards regarding buhari's history,academic pursuits, military career, failed electoral promises, false claim of integrity, physical fitness etc while outlining very sound economic n political strategies to confront the nations problems. the so call popularity of buhari is based on religious sentiment n propaganda n nothing else.there has been a gang up against Atiku led by obasanjo out of fear n selfish reasons based on an unproven allegations of corruption luckily Atiku was a clear witness to the corruption under buhari in 1984(54 undeclared suit cases incident), all he needs to do when the time is wright is to show true courage n confront buhari n his political opponents with facts without fear,buhari must prepare to partake in the debates of 2019 let's judge the candidate by their individual capacity n not some cook up fables again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by fasterwell(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2017
Fondlebreast:
Pray for Buhari. I dreamt he went to a public function, fainted and died

The Father has given him abundant life to live and carry on his duty. So, fear not cause no harm will befall PMB
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by MONITZ: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2017
MyMouth:

Forget it! Am from the north, power returns to the south in 2023 that is if pmb contest and win( which I know he will win if he does). The only issue is I don't know which part of the south takes it, though I put my money on the south west.

Ok oh, let's wait till then but then the North that I know definitely will play games when the time is come...
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by discman2k2(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2017
PassingShot:

Don't mind politricks. That's how it's designed to be.

SS just finished their turn. SE has not been able to unite politically. So, whose fault?

I AM AN IGBO MAN. But that was exactly what i wanted him to know, but i may be misunderstood & probably get a title "Zoogerian".
I still feel very pained that upto now, my Igbo brothers have not understood the value of UNITY & ONE VOICE in the Nigerian politics.

Other regions understood this and are maximizing it to their good, but thw igbos still fight each other, call each other names & loose out at the end.

Well, if Nnamdi Kanu tactics could be used tactically to get either a V.P or a stronger promise in 2023 better for the Eastern block, if not it'll take another 3 to 4 dispensation for them to come to realization & plot a sensible political map for ourselves.

#ISTILLBELEIVEIN ONENIGERIA!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by higherpower: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2017
PassingShot:
Where are the heavyweights?

Makarfi cannot win his state Kaduna against Buhari. El Rufai is there to checkmate him.

Atiku will struggle to win any other state outside Adamawa.

Kwankwaso has a formidable match in Ganduje to share Kano's votes.

Forget Dankwabo. He's too inexperienced to even mount a serious fight against PMB.

Fayose won't even win Ekiti state let alone the entire SW.

Bottom line: If PMB recovers completely and decides to run for a second term, none of these guys can win him in the NE and NW, and he will do very well in NC too. The votes he needs in the SW will easily come from Lagos, Oyo, Osun and Ogun plus Ondo where he worked to install the governor.

Also, the knowledge that a Yoruba man will most likely succeed PMB after 2023 will easily make him win in SW hands down.

SE and SS won't matter much as a handful of states will give more than the required 25% needed there.

Make Una forget online ranting and Nairaland "likes", PMB still holds the trump card.

Your knowledge is legendary. Take one Moet for my head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by modsfucker: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2017
Fondlebreast:
pray the prayer for your Ebola-stricken mother and aids-stricken Father.

Ohhh the time is due for your Father to leave the earth.... Go and say final good bye to him. He'll die today.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by henryhemon(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2017
All the candidates you posted there are no hopers.....expect my man Donald Duke only him has a chance but he is only popular in the South......and Donald isn't a pdp member he is too classy to be in same party with clowns like Fayose.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by discman2k2(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2017
MONITZ:

Nice points though bt Wat makes u think the North will allow the Yorubas to take over from them in 2023? Guy u re on a long thing, u will experience the Hausas' treachery first hand as regards power when the time comes !, they will insist that the NC especially is a different entity from NW and NE nd would insist that power shifts there too where they ve another Hausa stooge on standby..

These people can't just be trusted with power, they crave and seek it nd they can kill, maim anyone who stands in their way in their quest for it. They ve a long term plan, it's just that most people don't know this yet....
I love you bro! You really know & understand them very well. I believe you've lived in the North too. They desire power BY ALL MEANS, ISLAMIC, REVOLUTIONARY, BY NUMBERS, BY TACT, BY CON MEN, & BY ALL POSSIBLE LIES,.
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by Fondlebreast: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2017
modsfucker:

Ohhh the time is due for your Father to leave the earth.... Go and say final good bye to him. He'll die today.
e pain am. Loool
Re: 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari by bedspread: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
FAYOSE WILL DO A DONALD TRUMP... MARK MY WORDS... WHETHER BUHARI CONTEXT OR NOT
PassingShot:
Where are the heavyweights?

Makarfi cannot win his state Kaduna against Buhari. El Rufai is there to checkmate him.

Atiku will struggle to win any other state outside Adamawa.

Kwankwaso has a formidable match in Ganduje to share Kano's votes.

Forget Dankwabo. He's too inexperienced to even mount a serious fight against PMB.

Fayose won't even win Ekiti state let alone the entire SW.

Bottom line: If PMB recovers completely and decides to run for a second term, none of these guys can win him in the NE and NW, and he will do very well in NC too. The votes he needs in the SW will easily come from Lagos, Oyo, Osun and Ogun plus Ondo where he worked to install the governor.

Also, the knowledge that a Yoruba man will most likely succeed PMB after 2023 will easily make him win in SW hands down.

SE and SS won't matter much as a handful of states will give more than the required 25% needed there.

Make Una forget online ranting and Nairaland "likes", PMB still holds the trump card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye On Christmas Vacation With His Children And Father (Pictures) / People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos) / El-Rufai's Convoy: Nigerians Recreate "A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.