Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (15613 Views)

What Are The Essential Doctrines Of Christianity? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
walls01:
muttleylaff calm down
Are you finding everything overwhelming?
Is that why you're asking for a calming down?

walls01:
why are you interpreting the bible. I gave you direct verse from the Bible you are giving me interpretation. running round and hiding under questions. Jesus is the beginning of God creation Rev 3:14 he was begotten by God psalm 2:7 John 3:16 Jesus confirmed this by saying my God as in John 20:17 Rev 3:12
SMH, it is interpretation you perceive in all what's submitted?
If that perception makes you feel better, so be it.

I guess the questions are too hot for you to handle, hence why can't consider them, talkless touch

Why don't you stop whining, man up, take the questions face up and answer them one after the other, eh?

You haven't seen meh-meh yet

walls01:
Jesus called himself son of God not God the son. Jesus said the father sent me not I sent myself
SMH, if you aren't comfortable with Jesus getting addressed as God, the Son, then no problem, but there isn't anything wrong or incorrect in Jesus saying the Father sent Him, and that nor He sent Himself
because technically it is true that Jesus didn't send Himself. It is God who sent Jesus.
God came to earth in a human form via Jesus.
Jesus is God, manifested in flesh.

walls01:
brother why are you interpreting the Bible
SMH. What and how do you mean interpreting the Bible?

You wrote:
"you notice how many times Jesus referred to God and note also he will have a new name"
and I, to some length, responded along with, asking a few questions
but what you can muster back is a whinging and feeble response of "... why are you interpreting..."
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Are you finding everything overwhelming?
Is that why you're asking for a calming down?

SMH, it is interpretation you perceive in all what's submitted?
If that perception makes you feel better, so be it.

I guess the questions are too hot for you to handle, hence why can't consider them, talkless touch

Why don't you stop whining, man up, take the questions face up and answer them one after the other, eh?

You haven't seen meh-meh yet

SMH, if you aren't comfortable with Jesus getting addressed as God, the Son, then no problem, but there isn't anything wrong or incorrect in Jesus saying the Father sent Him, and that nor He sent Himself
because technically it is true that Jesus didn't send Himself. It is God who sent Jesus.
God came to earth in a human form via Jesus.
Jesus is God, manifested in flesh.

SMH. What and how do you mean interpreting the Bible?

You wrote:
"you notice how many times Jesus referred to God and note also he will have a new name"
and I, to some length, responded along with, asking a few questions
but what you can muster back is a whinging and feeble response of "... why are you interpreting..."

the answer to your no 4 question is yes, Jesus can be addressed as a God. from the day he was begotten he automatically qualified to be called a God because he was no longer a servant or minister but a son.
let me help you further. Rev 3:5. I quote he that overcome the same shall be clothed in white raiment ....but I will confess his name before my father and before his angels. note he said before God and his angels not before himself. also
rev 3:21 I quote to him that overcome will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcome and am set down with my father in his throne. this verse clearly shows Jesus throne is different from God throne
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
walls01:
the answer to your no 4 question is yes, Jesus can be addressed as a God. from the day he was begotten he automatically qualified to be called a God because he was no longer a servant or minister but a son
Yeepa! O gbe le ooo
What is "... He was no longer a servant or minister" all about, what does that mean?
Have you a biblical reference or backing for justifying making that remark?

What about the other questions?
You think I'll forget them, or let them slide, so you can get off lightly?
You make laugh....

walls01:
let me help you further
Help yourself further first.
At this juncture, you need help more than anyone else

walls01:
Rev 3:5. I quote he that overcome the same shall be clothed in white raiment ....but I will confess his name before my father and before his angels. note he said before God and his angels not before himself. also
rev 3:21 I quote to him that overcome will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcome and am set down with my father in his throne. this verse clearly shows Jesus throne is different from God throne
You're now shifting goal post to thrones now, abi?
It's OK, nothing spoilt
but how many times do you want me to acknowledge all these, hmm?

Was God a Father before He begot Jesus?
How or with what was Mary impregnated?

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 6:44am On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Yeepa! O gbe le ooo
What is "... He was no longer a servant or minister" all about, what does that mean?
Have you a biblical reference or backing for justifying making that remark?

What about the other questions?
You think I'll forget them, or let them slide, so you can get off lightly?
You make laugh....

Help yourself further first.
At this juncture, you need help more than anyone else

You're now shifting goal post to thrones now, abi?
It's OK, nothing spoilt
but how many times do you want me to acknowledge all these, hmm?

Was God a Father before He begot Jesus?
How or with what was Mary impregnated?

psalm 2:7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. he said today which means there was a day he was begotten. saying servant or minister was just a statement. what do you mean was God a father?
is it not clear to you what Jesus was saying if you overcome I will let you sit in my throne as I overcome and sit with my father can't you understand beyond your belief
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
psalm 2:7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. he said today which means there was a day he was begotten
This and its likes are Messianic Psalms.
They are prophetic pronouncements about Jesus etcetera given under the inspiration of the Spirit.
Read further below, where I touched a bit on begot

walls01:
saying servant or minister was just a statement
OK then, if you put it that way
but I seriously would appreciate, if you kindly respond to the below questions, you forgot to answer:

1/ What is God's name?
2/ What is the name of the Father?
3/ Without necessarily talking of trinity, how many to your knowledge are called God?
5/ Has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been addressed as God
or has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been called God?

walls01:
what do you mean was God a father?
"Was God a Father before He begot Jesus?" was my question,
and not just "What God a Father?"

You grab? God, was just being God.
God, for the first time and not before that, became a Father, after manifesting Himself in flesh, as Jesus
(i.e. God introduced Himself, on that day, by means of "the Holy Ghost falling on to Mary insemination" phenomenon)

walls01:
is it not clear to you what Jesus was saying if you overcome I will let you sit in my throne as I overcome and sit with my father
Of course, it is clear to me,
It's a pity, I can't vouch the same for you though. Sorry.

walls01:
can't you understand beyond your belief
What is my belief?
What is the belief?
What is the belief you don't agree with and/or can't accept
?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:17am On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
This and its likes are Messianic Psalms.
They are prophetic pronouncements about Jesus etcetera given under the inspiration of the Spirit.
Read further below, where I touched a bit on begot

OK then, if you put it that way
but I seriously would appreciate, if you kindly respond to the below questions, you forgot to answer:

1/ What is God's name?
2/ What is the name of the Father?
3/ Without necessarily talking of trinity, how many to your knowledge are called God?
5/ Has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been addressed as God
or has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been called God?

"Was God a Father before He begot Jesus?" was my question,
and not just "What God a Father?"

You grab? God, was just being God.
God, for the first time and not before that, became a Father, after manifesting Himself in flesh, as Jesus
(i.e. God introduced Himself, on that day, by means of "the Holy Ghost falling on to Mary insemination" phenomenon)

Of course, it is clear to me,
It's a pity, I can't vouch the same for you though. Sorry.

What is my belief?
What is the belief?
What is the belief you don't agree with and/or can't accept
?

this are unnecessary questions that have different interpretations. for a conclusion if God and Jesus is a single being how come Jesus and God have a separate throne as in Rev 3
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
this are unnecessary questions that have different interpretations
They are necessary questions, all leading, to a reality check(s)
You're aware of this, that's why you aren't comfortable giving answers to them

walls01:
for a conclusion if God and Jesus is a single being how come Jesus and God have a separate throne as in Rev 3
SMH. My brother, if you had answered each & everyone of all those questions you ducked, the occasion for asking this question wouldn't have arisen or happened.
"Aye question yi, kokan tie ni yo ni"

The least I can do for now, to answer your question, is to offer that, you try this to get some leverage:
What is the fruit of the Spirit?
What is the fruit of the Spirit's numeric value?

Now the answer to:
"how come Jesus and God have a separate throne as in Rev 3" is FLAVOUR

There is, only one throne,
there is only one Being
where Jesus is the manifest in human being flesh, of this Invisible Being called God
but you'll have the ability to perceive & relish the achievement Jesus accomplished, this happens, by enjoying & basking in the power, in Jesus' company, the same way He did, in the company of the Father's, upon completion of His assigned work

Bottom line, there is one throne,
but it's a flavoured throne

Throne is a word signifying Regal Influence or Royal Power.

Why aren't you questioning Revelation 3:12 too?
Or is because you are believing you'll be made a literal pillar in the temple of God?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
They are necessary questions, all leading, to a reality check(s)
You're aware of this, that's why you aren't comfortable giving answers to them

SMH. My brother, if you had answered each & everyone of all those questions you ducked, the occasion for asking this question wouldn't have arisen or happened.
"Aye question yi, kokan tie ni yo ni"

The least I can do for now, to answer your question, is to offer that, you try this to get some leverage:
What is the fruit of the Spirit?
What is the fruit of the Spirit's numeric value?

Now the answer to:
"how come Jesus and God have a separate throne as in Rev 3" is FLAVOUR

There is, only one throne,
there is only one Being
where Jesus is the manifest in human being flesh, of this Invisible Being called God
but you'll have the ability to perceive & relish the achievement Jesus accomplished, this happens, by enjoying & basking in the power, in Jesus' company, the same way He did, in the company of the Father's, upon completion of His assigned work

Bottom line, there is one throne,
but it's a flavoured throne

Throne is a word signifying Regal Influence or Royal Power.

Why aren't you questioning Revelation 3:12 too?
Or is because you are believing you'll be made a literal pillar in the temple of God?

interpreting the Bible as usual no wonder so many denominations. twisting and interpreting it based on our belief.
brother I have other assignment I need to attend to until our pact cross again bye for now
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
interpreting the Bible as usual no wonder so many denominations. twisting and interpreting it based on our belief
You can be painted with this proverbial twisting brush too

walls01:
brother I have other assignment I need to attend to until our pact cross again bye for now
"I, I am Yahweh,
and there is no other Savior but Me
"
- Isaiah 43

We've both played out parts and done our little bits

I am yet to read anywhere in the Bible that someone's salvation is in jeopardy, if such, doesn't believe that Jesus is God, or vice versa.
Or doesn't believe, Yahweh is Saviour, Whom Jesus is.

So regardless of the stances, we still both safe and saved.
Excuse the pun.

Have a fabulous day
and a blessed week too, as it rolls out
Thanks for your time
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You can be painted with this proverbial twisting brush too

"I, I am Yahweh,
and there is no other Savior but Me
"
- Isaiah 43

We've both played out parts and done our little bits

I am yet to read anywhere in the Bible that someone's salvation is in jeopardy, if such, doesn't believe that Jesus is God, vice versa.
Or doesn't believe, Yahweh is Saviour, Whom Jesus is.

So regardless of the stances, we still both safe and saved.
Excuse the pun.

Have a fabulous day
and a blessed week too, as it rolls out
Thanks for your time

thank you too have a blessed Sunday
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
thank you too have a blessed Sunday
Consult together, argue your case.
Get together and decide what to say.
Who made these things known so long ago?
What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, Yahweh?
For there is no other God
but me, a righteous God and Savior.
There is none but me.
"
- Isaiah 45:21

But about the Son, He says,
"Your throne, O God,
will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom

- Hebrews 1:8

Just FYIs, that dont require nor demand responses
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Consult together, argue your case.
Get together and decide what to say.
Who made these things known so long ago?
What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, Yahweh?
For there is no other God
but me, a righteous God and Savior.
There is none but me.
"
- Isaiah 45:21

But about the Son, He says,
"Your throne, O God,
will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom

- Hebrews 1:8

Just FYIs, that dont require nor demand responses

you said Yahweh but others say Jehovah you see different interpretation. Jesus son of God has been directly given the right by God to be address as God because he is the only one begotten as a son of all the creature of God
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
you said Yahweh but others say Jehovah you see different interpretation
Chief! omi eko, eko ni nau
You say potato, I say potahto,
you say tomato, I say tomahto!
The same thing is being referred to using different pronouncing words.

Yeshua HaMashiach, is the same as, Jesus Christ, same Jesu Kristi etcetera,
just as, YHWH, Jehovah or Yahweh and LORD, which Jews use instead of actually uttering and/or directly writing God's real name, are all the same thing.
Jews use LORD instead because they believe God's name is too holy for them to plainly utter or outrightly write

walls01:
Jesus son of God has been directly given the right by God to be address as God because he is the only one begotten as a son of all the creature of God
Chief, please go and rest. Abeggy jor, no bi by force nau.

Let me use your "because" qualifier, so you'll see the futility of your statement

We have been directly given the right by God to be addressed as "God" BECAUSE we are begotten sons of all the creature of God.

Do you now, see, how incorrect the above paragraph turns out, using your reasoning and the "because" qualifier?

Jesus is the first born of the begotten.
There are others born again (i.e. born from above)

Jesus is God because He is God, period.
It has nothing to do with that "because" of yours

You've misunderstood the Godhood
and not knowingly twisting or misinterpreting it
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

just as, YHWH, Jehovah or Yahweh and LORD, which Jews use instead of actually uttering and/or directly writing God's real name, are all the same thing.
Jews use LORD instead because they believe God's name is too holy for them to plainly utter or outrightly write

Let me use your "because" qualifier, so you'll see the futility of your statement

We have been directly given the right by God to be addressed as "God" BECAUSE we are begotten sons of all the creature of God.

Do you now, see, how absurd the above paragraph sounds and looks, using your reasoning and the qualifier?

you are interpreting the Bible and it makes me sad. Jesus said I overcome and sat with my father in Rev 3:14 it was clearly written Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God. and again you want to twist and interpret and hide behind verses you understand not.
Rev 5:1-end. I quote some part and I saw in the Right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside sealed with seven seals
3: and no man in heaven nor in earth, neither under the earth was able to open the book
6: .....stood a lamb as it had been slain and he came and took the book out of the right hand of God
without you twisting the word who is this lamb?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Do you now, see, how incorrect the above paragraph turns out, using your reasoning and the "because" qualifier?

without twisting or referring to another verse what is the meaning of Rev 3:14?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

I have tried for you the best Jesus is a creation of God he was sent by God into the earth. Jesus testifies to this by saying the father sent me and he called himself the son of God. unstable men say he sent himself and he is God the son making Jesus a liar by saying he sent himself.
you are becoming annoying
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
I have tried for you the best Jesus is a creation of God he was sent by God into the earth
We agree. Hallelujah!

walls01:
Jesus testifies to this by saying the Father sent me and he called himself the son of God
We agree again. It's another one

Hang on, but is that underlined bold "son" or "Son"?
Please clarify which it is

walls01:
unstable men say he sent himself and he is God the son, making Jesus a liar by saying he sent himself
Please don't try that line here
Check back on this thread, you will find me agreeing with you, that the Father sent Jesus
and also agreed that Jesus didn't send Himself, so where is all this making Jesus a liar coming from.

If you back check, you'll read, that God sent Himself to earth. He accomplished that by being a human being in the person of Jesus.
For the work at hand, there is no other way or other means. Protocols needed to be followed and adhered to, that's part of why

Now, tell, is Jesus, God manifested in flesh or not?

walls01:
you are becoming annoying
I don't find you becoming annoying
but I am finding you becoming hard work
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
walls01:
without twisting or referring to another verse what is the meaning of Rev 3:14?
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write the following:
"This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God's creation:

Normally, I don't interpret a text in isolation or without the benefit of the context
but I will make this an exception

The beginning or originator in Revelation 3:14, means and/or is talking of, the source of God's creation

I've answered you, now you tell me, walls01, who created you?
Is it God? Is it Yahweh? Is it Jesus? Is it the Word? Is it all of them?
Why, all of them or why not, all of them?

Have I given you confusing and difficult questions to answer?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 3:41am On Aug 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
We agree. Hallelujah!

We agree again. It's another one

Hang on, but is that underlined bold son" or "Son"?
Please clarify which it is

Please don't try that line here
Check back on this thread, you will find me agreeing with you, that the Father sent Jesus
and also agreed that Jesus didn't send Himself, so where is all this making Jesus a liar coming from.

If you back check, you'll read, that God sent Himself to earth. He accomplished that by being a human being in the person of Jesus.
For the work at hand, there is no other way or other means. Protocols needed to be followed and adhered to, that's part of why

Now, tell, is Jesus, God manifested in flesh or not?

I don't find you becoming annoying
but I am finding you becoming hard work

brother let not give the devil room to derail us. you and I carry the cross of Jesus and both believe he is God. no man cometh to the father expect through him c
just a very little difference. we have much work to do many people no longer believe there is God I would like you to join force with me to let them see they are blind hence bringing them to the light.
I greet you again thanks
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2017
walls01:
brother let not give the devil room to derail us. you and I carry the cross of Jesus and both believe he is God. no man cometh to the father expect through him c
just a very little difference. we have much work to do
many people no longer believe there is God
I would like you to join force with me to let them see they are blind hence bringing them to the light.
I greet you again thanks
It is bad
and indeed very sad, to hear that many people, no longer believe there is this
Self-existent, Invisible, Intelligent, Omniscient, Omnipresent,
Authority, All Powerful, Influence
phenomenon, that GOD is.

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by oaroloye(m): 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
SHALOM!

Before you start telling us how to live our lives, we need to know WHO YOU ARE.

What Church do you REPRESENT?

Which THEOLOGY do you subscribe to?

As a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, I would be a FOOL to let an ORTHODOX or ROMAN CATHOLIC "Christian" tell me what to do!

As a FULL GOSPEL, PENTECOSTAL Christian, I should be an IDIOT, if I let an EVANGELICAL FREEMASON tell me what to do.

I come from the time of the first corruption of the Pentecostal Revival, and I know how these churches FOUGHT AGAINST THE PENTECOSTAL EXPERIENCE, and FULL GOSPEL MOVEMENT.

When you say THE RAPTURE and SPEAKING IN TONGUES are "NOT WORTH DYING-FOR," I know that you are a FAKE CHRISTIAN.

WHAT DO YOU THINK CHRISTIANS WERE "DYING-FOR?"

Those things were EXACTLY what they DIED-FOR, and your dismissive attitude tells ME that YOU are a PARTNER of THOSE WHO KILLED THEM!

ORAL ROBERTS prayed to know:

"How can I know Jesus?"

He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, AND THE BOOK OF ACTS- THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.

At the end of the THIRTY DAYS, he testified, he knew JESUS better than he knew any man on the Face of the Earth!

NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THEY WENT AND DID LIKEWISE.

That is how you KNOW who TRULY BELIEVES!
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 12:00am On Sep 22, 2017
walls01:

bible that has been misquoted

Misquoted is different from Miswritten.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Misquoted is different from Miswritten.

true. miswritten is the same as misunderstanding
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 1:00am On Sep 23, 2017
walls01:

true. miswritten is the same as misunderstanding

While misquoted and misunderstood are related, they differ entirely from miswritten
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
adetayo234:

While misquoted and misunderstood are related, they differ entirely from miswritten

what is thought to be miswritten by one is thought to be perfectly written by another. hence the phrase misunderstanding.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
walls01:

what is thought to be miswritten by one is thought to be perfectly written by another. hence the phrase misunderstanding.

A case of "miswritten" doesn't arise with words quoted verbatim.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
adetayo234:

A case of "miswritten" doesn't arise with words quoted verbatim.

depending on the thought of the writer. two can narrate a single event differently, the reader level of understanding is crucial if he is to understand the similarities of the different writers. misunderstanding set in if the reader cannot understand the intentions of the writers. hence the term misunderstanding.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
walls01:

depending on the thought of the writer. two can narrate a single event differently, the reader level of understanding is crucial if he is to understand the similarities of the different writers. misunderstanding set in if the reader cannot understand the intentions of the writers. hence the term misunderstanding.

Your submission does not apply when it comes to quoting. There is no "miswritten"issue in a quoted statement. Do you even understand the meaning of a quote? Kindly check a dictionary.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
DeSepiero:
I'm wondering, 'is there any verse of the new testament which quotes Jesus directly referring to himself as God?'
Yes, there apparently is a verse of the new testament which quotes Jesus directly referring to himself as God
Just found where and it isnt John 8:58
cc iliyande, walls01
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Your submission does not apply when it comes to quoting. There is no "miswritten"issue in a quoted statement. Do you even understand the meaning of a quote? Kindly check a dictionary.

this is exactly what I mean by misunderstanding. although I never stated anywhere that a quoted statement can be miswritten you just assumed that is what I am saying. if a quote is miswritten then it is no longer a quote. what actually are you referring to when you said "miswritten"
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, there apparently is a verse of the new testament which quotes Jesus directly referring to himself as God
Just found where and it isnt John 8:58
cc iliyande, walls01

Jesus said am the son of God, why men said he is God. the Bible has been misquoted
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
walls01:
Jesus said am the son of God,
Yes, because according to the facts or the exact meaning of the word son, He is, the Son of God
Mind you, as many as received Him, to such ordinary humans, have been given the power to be called sons of God too

walls01:
why men said he is God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb8KZps4woA
Those arent brothers in the above video,
that's one person, Agent Smith, of the film Matrix
Just look at that! Beautiful isnt it?
That's child play for God to do

Plenty of reasons
1.) Scripture prophesised that God will come down to earth as a human being
2.) Jesus didnt correct people that addressed Him by saying: My Lord, My God
3.) God's personal name is no secret, Jesus, three times admitted that He bears this personal name
4.) God simultaneously can be in more one place at a time (i.e. be in Heaven and earth at the same time)

walls01:
the Bible has been misquoted
How do you mean misquoted?
Show what you have and give all you have that is misquoted
Do you mean mistranslated and not misquoted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maurice Ampaw: 8 Out Of 10 Pastors In Ghana Are Sleeping With Married Women / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce, Very Sad. / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.