Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning (35483 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by SalamRushdie: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
many people would have returned the money , Islam had no hand in this please

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by fitted60(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Yes, but when it comes honesty, Muslims are more honest than Christian.
I disagree. Honesty is a personal thing

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by segneyukk(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
make e b say na omo Nna handle that money goodbye things oo.... am typing this from experience though...

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by tolulinks(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
Op, something is wrong with you.

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
.something similar happened to me too

4 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by money121(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ol
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by LockDown69(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:
Dude honesty is not a function of religion but just a matter of principle.

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.
And in same vein,there are some very dishonest Muslims,Christains etc.

So please,do not tie an act of honesty to religion.
Well said.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by modsfucker: 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
95 out of 100 Muslim tailors would give the money back... They might even be keeping the money for as long as it takes the owner ti come and claim it...

The only thing giving us bad name is terrorism and that alien activity is being perpetrated by an insignificant minority and by God's grace it will fizzle out sooner than later.

ONE LOVE

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Naruto87(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

I agree with this fact totally, my view is based from experience. though I'll also like to add that honesty can be influence by many factors so its based on the individual mindset.
to those who make reference to boko haram and Isis just so u know, those who commit suicide irrespective of d reason will go to hell. so its against all religious beliefs I.e both Muslims and Christians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by FriendNG: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

It has Mr. Igbo Jew
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by eyinjuege: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Speak for yourself.

You know your weaknesses, and you speak from that angle.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by modsfucker: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Can the money be returned if it was Chukwuma that found it?

5 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Danyl(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

I don't believe so sir, honesty is not a function of religion. Home training should also be factored into this. Christianity and Islam only enhance your true core values, you don't develop those good attributes because you are a Christian or a Muslim. Why do we have many corrupt pastors and Islam clerics, what's even the basis for comparison when we all are from different family backgrounds, past and experiences. We only become better because we are good on the inside. Your religion only brings out the best in you not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by roqrules04(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
OP, how much did you give the guy as compensation? cool

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Adiwana: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nigerians.SMH.Thinking that good deeds are being performed by a particular set/religion.My Little testimony:Was going to lectures one day while i boarded a keke.After paying and reaching class,i realised my htc one m8 had fallen off my pocket without my knowledge.They were two guys with me(Christains) at the back and a n hausa man(muslim)..After not coming with the fact i had lost my phone,i decided to go back home.only to come out and meet the keke man at the bus stand.Went to him&explained my ordeal.He dipped his hand int this pocket and gave me my phone back.Had nothing to do with the religions of both parties.Cause the two guys could have easily taken the phone and the keke man could have denied seeeing such phone.it was easy for them all but they didnt do it.Not cos of religion but because they are just humans with pity.simple

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by sinkhole: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

THE good is not by claiming we are God - fearing, it's by our deeds.

This is a true story and happened to me minutes ago, Happy Sunday Guys.

Taaa, aboki what are you actually saying?
I hope you are not saying that there is no Christian that could do what you just described here?
My friend, core hausas had robbed me and core hausas had helped me, criminals do not know religion or tribe, but we actually know those religion that encourage their adherents to rob and kill others who they refer to as "infidels", while other religion encourage you to feed and cloth your enemies!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by jojothegreat(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
This one ave fried all my beans yesterday.. What should I fry now?
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Lukay99: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.

Yes Religion have everything to do with honesty, or is it because the said religion happened to be Islam? Will you have said the same thing if it was done by a Christian?
Had it been that the hausa man had committed an evil act or an act of terrorism, you guys will be quick to attribute it or blame it on Islam. The least you can do is to give credit where credit is due even if it's done by a Muslim or any other religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by goldtooth: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

THE good is not by claiming we are God - fearing, it's by our deeds.

This is a true story and happened to me minutes ago, Happy Sunday Guys.

Andyblaze the legendary troll cheesy. You are still alive and in naija, that is good to know. Your topics made me laugh a lot back then
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

Ask the hausa man he will tell you he did that for the fear of Allah... And if he goes to bomb a local market... you will link the latter to religion and tell me the former is self principle? your logic never cease to aaze me..

3 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
Adiwana:
Nigerians.SMH.Thinking that good deeds are being performed by a particular set/religion.My Little testimony:Was going to lectures one day while i boarded a keke.After paying and reaching class,i realised my htc one m8 had fallen off my pocket without my knowledge.They were two guys with me(Christains) at the back and a n hausa man(muslim)..After not coming with the fact i had lost my phone,i decided to go back home.only to come out and meet the keke man at the bus stand.Went to him&explained my ordeal.He dipped his hand int this pocket and gave me my phone back.Had nothing to do with the religions of both parties.Cause the two guys could have easily taken the phone and the keke man could have denied seeeing such phone.it was easy for them all but they didnt do it.Not cos of religion but because they are just humans with pity.simple
Ask the hausa man he will tell you he did that for the fear of Allah... And if he goes to bomb a local market... you will link the latter to religion and tell me the former is self principle? your logic never cease to aaze me..

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by davillian(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

The hausa muslims

3 Likes

Lukay99:

Yes Religion have everything to do with honesty, or is it because the said religion happened to be Islam? Will you have said the same thing if it was done by a Christian?
Had it been that the hausa man had committed an evil act or an act of terrorism, you guys will be quick to attribute it or blame it on Islam. The least you can do is to give credit where credit is due even if it's done by a Muslim or any other religion
Thank you jare!

3 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
Danyl:

I don't believe so sir, honesty is not a function of religion. Home training should also be factored into this. Christianity and Islam only enhance your true core values, you don't develop those good attributes because you are a Christian or a Muslim. Why do we have many corrupt pastors and Islam clerics, what's even the basis for comparison when we all are from different family backgrounds, past and experiences. We only become better because we are good on the inside. Your religion only brings out the best in you not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

2 Likes

optimismlaz:
It's not a matter of religion rather a conscience.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by bellotaofeek: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

I stand to disagree with you (Go to Ibadan and try It with a Muslim)
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by SalamRushdie: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
hfeetham0:

as far as I am concerned he already stole the money and was hoping the owner wouldnt re-collect were he left it hence that was why he didnt return when he came to collect the trouser and later came up with a Bogus story of how he found it on the floor ..Abeg we know all of una
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by SalamRushdie: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

I am Christian and I am yet to meet anyone more honest than me in life
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

as far as I am concerned he already stole the money and was hoping the owner wouldnt re-collect were he left it hence that was why he didnt return when he came to collect the trouser and later came up with a Bogus story of how he found it on the floor ..Abeg we know all of una
story, but his religion played a massive part in it, dasall!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Lukay99: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
fitted60:
I disagree. Honesty is a personal thing

I disagree with you as well, for some people, yes honesty can be a personal thing but not the same for everyone especially people with a very strong religious beliefs, honesty to them is an act of faith simply because God demands it and it's not a personal thing

3 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by SalamRushdie: 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
hfeetham0:
story, but his religion played a massive part in it, dasall!

The guy is just a very cautious thief dasal!!! and thats why he never informed his colleagues of the money he found on the so called floor like he claimed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman / Cat Found In Bonnet Of Car Killed In Lagos, Accused Of Being A 'Witch' (Pictures / Pastor TB Joshua As A Humble Young Man (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.