Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning (35474 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by encrypt(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nice story but your ending ruined it. A good man who mended your trouser found your lost money and gave it back to you Simple!
But rather you ended up saying a Muslim who isnt expexted to be good did something only christians are known for.
If i was the guy i'd be offended by this write up.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Tellemall: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nairaboi:
Truth be told, I am a Christian and can relate with what the O. P pointed out. I have lived in both Christian dominated and Moslem area, and can attest to the fact that the typical Hausa is more honest than any other tribe. The only thing wey spoil Hausa man na their religious intolerance.

Oh, please.

There is the fear of having your hand chopped off and a person doing a thing because even if there would be no repercussions it would be the right thing to do.

I've had Mohammedans steal from my pocket before.

Honesty is not a function of religion, but of the integrity of a person.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Tellemall: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Habakus:

You be pure Mu*mu.
So the Igbo boys take the Abokis in lying classes according to your chaff reasoning?
As if an adult Northerner cannot differentiate between wrong and right.

Don't mind that individual.

These people are thieves just like everyone else. That person simply hasn't interacted with them to know that they lie a lot more than we think we do. They must steal just as much as they lie.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by frubben(m): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Yes, but when it comes honesty, Muslims are more honest than Christian.
who gave u dis fact, like the guy up dere said, honesty is an individual thing. No come curse religion war for here
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by emmyreelzy: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
tongue grin grin[i][/i]
papiforreal:

papiforreal:

[quote author=papiforreal post=59649757]

guy, go buy some senses! Who told yu sey muslims are more honest than christians? Honest or wicked?
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Adeevah(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Honestly, hausa tribe honesty, humility and integrity compared to other tribes in nigeria

Not abt xtian or muslim
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by sweatlana: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
Habakus:

You be pure Mu*mu.
So the Igbo boys take the Abokis in lying classes according to your chaff reasoning?
As if an adult Northerner cannot differentiate between wrong and right.
Say what ever u like! The truth remains that the average aboki is more honest that our people here in the south. Especially igbos. It is those who have lived long here in ph that have been corrupted by mostly Igbo traders that tell lies. I'm Ikwerre from rivers state. I'm not in anyway bias to hausa at all but the truth remains the truth.

It's not all the time we should pick offence even when we know deep down the critic is true. Rather work to change that perception.
For instance I won't defend my brothers if an outsider calls them horrible husbands, because that is usually the average Ikwerre man for u.
We dont marry our wives well and like to maltreat them.
That can't be said for the average igbo man. They usually make for good husband.

So pls if u love ur people. Work on honesty. Most igbos are traders but a lot of them are dishonest.

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by sweatlana: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
augustine:
Honest truth? Nah. Myopic truth? Yah
I'm Ikwerre here on rivers state. If I'm to be bags it would to against hausa.
But the truth must be told.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by degamemaster(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
[quote author=Andyblaze post=59649527]This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

THE good is not by claiming we are God - fearing, it's by our deeds.

This is a true story and happened to me minutes ago, Happy Sunday Guys.
Op your ascertain is totally wrong. You met a guy who treated truthfully maybe because of his business interest or he's genuinely a good guy doesnt mean
his religion is better than others you cant find such good people in other religions. Good and bad people can be found anywhere. Don't bring your miopic mentality of ridicouling Christians here. ISLAM IS EVIL.
[/quote
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Mrjo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

so Baba chair aka grasscutter is a christian?
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by iamfrei: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Boko haram for example ....hahahahaha csl
Yur nt suppose to be here, ummmm

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by ebbo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by ebbo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Yea that is very true

2 Likes

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Kingspin(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Dishonest and killing innocent people choice one.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by iamfrei: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
LordZero:
In Nigeria, almost all of us are evil we just use religion/parties/ideologies as camouflage. ..
In fact human beings in general. .
Jst lik how almost all of our novelist blievs "human being, re d most dangerous animal on earth" u c am tlk brother...
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Pray(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Not muslims, buy Hausas are honest. Either Muslim or Christians. Not talking politicians though. cry
papiforreal:

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nairaboi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tellemall:

Oh, please.

There is the fear of having your hand chopped off and a person doing a thing because even if there would be no repercussions it would be the right thing to do.

I've had Mohammedans steal from my pocket before.

Honesty is not a function of religion, but of the integrity of a person.
Read my comment and digest extensively. I made mention of a typical Hausa man, and not a Moslem. Muslims you can find in any tribe, but believe me if you have been transacting business amongst the tribes in Nigeria, you will never dispute my claim that an Hausa man is more truthful and honest as far Nigeria is concerned. Even though I may not have statistics to back this up, it is a statement of fact. Mind you am not even a Northerner
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Like ur HOD statistics of Islamic n christianic studies in Nigeria. Muslimatic mumu...
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by enemyofprogress: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
I think sey na better story him wan tell us,I no know sey na one yeye story mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

His candour when questioned is laudable, but why didn't he give you back the money the instant he picked it up?

I've seen and dealt with many honest moslems, likewise Christians, I think it's a personality thing, not about One's religion. Unless you previously held a bias for moslems?
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by akwunomy(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
I think honesty has nothing to do with religion but individual...we have both honest people in all side of the spectrum...each religion teaches their ward about the need to be honest in their dealing...In my work...I can't count how many people have left their IPhone in my car and I have to keep it and successfully return it to them...if I started keeping it with the intention of selling it I might make money but my conscience will keep hurting me...so it all comes down to people and how dead or live their conscience are...but the deed of the Muslim guy is what we want to hear more in our society and not all the bigotry, incest, and killing around us...couple with the threat of nuclear bombing.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Awoo88: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Op you messed up trying to draw Christianity into your little story. You are probably a Muslim trying to promote islam with some cock and bull story. I had lost money like that too. Gave one my zippers to fix. Got home and realised I left money in one of the pocket. He denied seeing any money. I was blamefor nit telling him i had money on that cloth. I refused to pay him. I am supposed to assumed all aboki will rake your money There are christians who had done greater good and thee are Muslims who had done worst.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by fof1: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

IT IS TO TEACH U A PRACTICAL LESSON ON FAITHFULNESS,TRUTHFULNESS AND INTEGRITY. NOT ANYTHING NEW OR STRANGE TO THE GENUINELY BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS. ITS ONLY HALF BAKED OR DECEITFUL AND COMPROMISING FELLOWS,BACKSLIDERS PARADIBG AS SAINTS OF HELL FIRE THAT WILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO BE SINCERE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD IN LIFE. LEARN D LESSONS AND PASS IT ON PRACTICALLY. GOD BLESS U GOOD.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by toyejohnson(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:
Dude honesty is not a function of religion but just a matter of principle.

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.
And in same vein,there are some very dishonest Muslims,Christains etc.

So please,do not tie an act of honesty to religion.
Your head dey there my guy
The OP is a stereotype peddler
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by legba1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wat honesty are we even talking aout hrre. The dude picked the cash without informing any of his mates. He o ly returned it when u came back to ask, common thats not honesty. I bet the guy would have kept the money for himself if you didnt call back.....and bros if u are honest u are honest...not by religion.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Computer82: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
That is principle, every citizen in naija need to adopt.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.

So please, do not tie an act terrorism to any religion. I am a Muslim & not a terrorist..

You made my day!!
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by successincentiv(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good for you
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by McSterling(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

Word!
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by olureignforever: 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
I
Andyblaze:

@ Op must be high in some kind of weed for saying how many christian, just the way an hausa muslim (okada rider) picked up my phone after he carried me. So OP you can see it's not a matter of religion, it's a matter of personality.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by biblegirl: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
dnt mind him atleast Buhari n Lai Mohammed re examples mtchewwww. d man was honest cos the trousers was handled by both of u obviously he had no choice.cry
ItachiUchiha:

LMAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman / Cat Found In Bonnet Of Car Killed In Lagos, Accused Of Being A 'Witch' (Pictures / Pastor TB Joshua As A Humble Young Man (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.