Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Who Is Like A Mother - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Like A Mother (705 Views)

President Buhari Thinks Borrowing More Loans Is Like Kunu — Nollywood Actor, Uch / Pastor T.B Joshua's Death is Like a Pilot Vanishing during Mid Flight / See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Like A Mother by Thatlonevoice(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2017
A Mother!

Mothers are gift to humanity who pass through pains, sufferings and travails of a woman. Her tears flowing constantly to see our beaming smile, her face so ugly to behold handsome and beautiful faces, her body battered to ensure the smoothness of our skin, her body full of words to make sure no scar surfaces in our body. Back then in primary school there's this particular poem know by all and mastered by toddlers " my mother, who sat and watched my infant head when sleeping on my cradle bed". The poem in its simplicity calculated and gave the result of a mother and her sacrifice. I must confess that if their sufferings were to be bequeathed on men, I will fight tooth and nail to object, their sufferings are much, I cannot bear them. Behind her tears is found joy, between her sorrows cometh happiness, behind her sufferings resides enjoyment, before her failures glows success and victory of ours. Mum I love you.

On my way along Enugu-Onitsha express way at kwata junction Anambra state, our bus halted for a guy to alight and there was woman running towards us with nylon bags all packed with roasted corn and pear. I looked at here and drew a conclusion that she must will be in labour in not less than three weeks and here she is struggling for a child she knows whether will survive,which love is more than this? . Out of pity I bought one corn and told her to keep the balance not because I was rich moreover I haven't even bought most of my handouts but because I know the balance can go a lot of way to alleviate her pains. The manner she thanked me looked weird, oga thank sir, thank you sir, God bless you sir. I chorused amen and wished her safe child delivery.

Although they were created from men but one not knowing the creation account will be left to think that both men and women were created same day or possibly conclude that men were created from women. Our present society has failed to acknowledge the essence of women in both political and religious arena but has seen them as a mere object of sexual satisfaction and the last resort.

Just recently I found out that child labour is the second most painful thing in the world after burning to death took the lead. Jesus Christ! I said in my mind, thank you mum. But surprisingly some women go through this pain up to like six to ten times. Mothers you're blessed. No wonder the popular igbo duo musicians "Umu obiligbo" who sang in their hit track " olisa gozierem Ndi nne, makana ihe nne na aru na uwa erika". God bless them, they know their essence.

A friend of mine once told me of his ordeal on how he met a woman who was weeding about two plots of land .Out of curiosity he asked the woman how much would be her pay. She said two thousand naira (#2000). What!! I screamed and told my friend that the pay was too small. My friend said he told the woman same and advices her to look for another work that will pay a little bit higher but she said no, she needs the money to feed her ailing husband and hungry kids. Now the employer of labour that engaged this woman will tell this woman 'stories that touch the Fallopian tube' after she must have worked in the farm. Now that's crime against mothers and humanity at large.

No wonder they are thanked by every person who emerges victory in any competition. They were our first darling, our first sweet heart and our sweetest hubby cum confidante. They gave us immunity through their colostrum when we sucked their breast. They are practically our love. No! No one is excluding the excellent role of the father, fathers are the pillars of the family but mothers are the grease that lubricate the joints of these pillars to avoid friction, fathers build houses but mothers transforms it into a home, when we were spanked by dad they were the one whose arms were open to cry and clothes to sneeze on . They are those adhesive that glues the family together and society at large.

What am I not saying, their looks! Oh father lord...sends a lot of signals and each look has a meaning. I could remember when I was small the first time mum took me to her friend's house and the friend was like "nna iga eri rice " you know at the mention of rice then every principle melts like wax and I said yes. Gbam! I got that look and like a reflex action my mouth said no, thank you ma. I love them for that.

A Jewish proverb said " God could not be everywhere and so he created mothers". There was this particular even that that made me doff cap for my mum. She bought cooked groundnut tied in a nylon when she went to market. Not that I was hungry but I needed to keep my mouth busy so I went to the where she kept it and took some. Mark my word "some".She came back and enquired on who went to the groundnut, I said that I don't know and besides I was the only one at home. She made it crystal clear that she knew the pattern the nylon was tied. Heiiii! This one off me, " see wetn person carry for head" lol of course I received the beating of my life because she hates lies and that thought me a lot. I can't imagine what life would have been without these wonderful beings on earth. What is home without a mother?

George Washington said "all that I aim owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her". Mothers was, will and will be the brain box behind our success. Their religious impact, just like our mother Mary they copied her. Like the hen, their protection is overwhelming and her courage has no part two. Yes they can provoke yet that doesn't cancel their loving nature, "nine months no be moi moi" to breastfeed someone in the public is not easy so when ever she provokes you, chill and love her back they just need our obedience and love. In three words I describe them,"the living saint".

The problem now is that our society tend to depart from the rudiments of motherhood ,the alarming increase in slay, slaying and slayed queens and has made the joy of motherhood less attractive. My candid advice is that they should borrow a leaf from exemplary mothers. Oh! I won't forget those mothers who are out there trying harder to make both ends meet, I say keep on keeping on for the Egyptians you see today you shall see no more. Mama we will make you proud.

I will never forget those who lost their mother a precious jewel to the cold hands of death, may their soul rest in perfect peace. Amen. The only thing you owe her is to make her proud of the person you are becoming, accept my sympathy. To those of us who are still privileged to still have ours, shower them with love and make them happy for no man is poor who has a godly mother.
#sweet_momma
#our_pride_dwells_in_you.

NWOFIA MARTIN.
Thatlonevoice

Re: Who Is Like A Mother by Thatlonevoice(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2017
This worthy for front page
Re: Who Is Like A Mother by abelprice(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nice 1... words can't tell the love a mother have for a child cos a mother can go as far as killing for her child.. but the father.. I jst can't find any love words to describe the father... but it's all hid sha.. God bless does parents that care for their children... wink

(1) (Reply)

You Will Likely Pay A N450,000 Fine To PHCN - See Why / PHOTO: Timaya Is A Shame As An Artiste -shatta Wale / Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.