Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students (699 Views)

One Of My Students Got Vaccinated Recently, And Then This Happened... / How Do I Remove Dark Spots And Heavy Bumps On My Cheeks After Shaving / What Is Wrong About This Letter? (2) (3) (4)

Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by victorava(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I wouldn't like to bore you with long stories. I am a serving corps member in one of the private schools in Nasarawa state (though awaiting passing out parade). When I came to the school, I was given two subjects to teach, which were Government and Economics (SS1-SS3). I accepted them in good faith because I have ND in Accounting and B.Sc. in Political Science (both are upper credits) and I know my capabilities. The first day I entered the class, I saw students with good potentials but lack the ability to harness them. I discovered that they don't read their books. I tried to encourage them whenever I was teaching. I told them that if they really want to perform very well in exams, they must develop the habit of reading. I gave them at least 7 steps to take when reading their books. I told them all the reading skills I used when I was in the Polytechnic and University. I urged them to form a group and always engage in group discussions, that this will help them to share knowledge. I discovered that students that lack understanding whenever they read their books don't even tell their parents not to talk of their teachers. I told them that it is their right to meet their teachers whenever they don't understand what they are reading because it is the responsibility of their teachers to make sure that students understand everything they teach and also the teachers are being paid from their school fees.

On the 15th of December, during the vacation ceremony, after the distribution of their results. Some group of students came to greet and thank me for the efforts I put towards the success of their results. Two female students among them surprised me with a letter accompanied with a gift. Tears rolled down my cheeks after reading the letter. I thank God for a successful service year. I am glad I impacted knowledge on the students I thought throughout my service year. Mod please help me move this to front page so that the current Corps Members will learn. Lalasticlala

Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by hisgrace090: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
You tried.
Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
ok so wetin mke we do. Wash plate?
Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by tukdi: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
Very good!!!
Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by NwaChibuzor: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by darkenkach(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is OK. Princess and joy, I hope he is just your teacher.

Re: Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students by MhizzAJ(f): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nairalanders are mean grin

Top Ten Cities That Never Sleeps / Hi Guys We Are Here To Teach You How To Recover Silver From E-waste / See Big Python A Man Killed In His Parlor In Lagos.