Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? (1125 Views)

Is Heaven And Hell Real? / Is Hell Real ? / The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Idango(m): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
The subject of hell is something most people will rather not talk about .
Most preachers have avoided talking about hell, they will rather preach about the love of God than to mention hell fire. Some have even said that the love of God is so great that he can't throw anyone into hell and that hell is just a metaphor.

The bible in Psalm 9:17 said that the wicked shall be turn to hell and all the nations that forget God.

The bible in the new testament talk about hell in 162 texts , 70 of these were uttered by the Lord Jesus christ himself.

Revelation 20 :15 says " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Hell is a place of torment for unrepentant sinners.

What do you think about hell ?
Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Idango:
Most preachers have avoided talking about hell, they will rather preach about the love of God than to mention hell fire. Some have even said that the love of God is so great that he can't throw anyone into hell and that hell is just a metaphor.

The bible in Psalm 9:17 said that the wicked shall be turn to hell and all the nations that forget God.

The bible in the new testament talk about hell in 162 texts , 70 of these were uttered by the Lord Jesus christ himself.

Revelation 20 :15 says " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Hell is real, but I won't lie that ---- I WISH IT WASN'T REAL.

God didn't create hell for humanity but for the fallen angels who sinned at first.

People only think otherwise that He ( God ) really created it for sinners to perish --- that's thinking outside the box! And they all tend to get scared and panicky. Some even fear hell than God Himself.

But the 1John4:18 says "there is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love."

If we love God and fear him, but not hell, the fear of torment about hell would be cast out!
How do you fear and love God? Keep His commandment, and you'll escape the pits of hell.

The Bible tells us that, God does not want us to perish but willing that all should come to the light of His salvation, which in other words, He manifested Himself in human form to die for our sins and reconcile us back to Himself.

Hell was not created for humanity!

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by ifenes(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Idango:

This a reference to atomic destruction of particular areas on the planet that went against the tyranny rules of the Illojim\Elohim. This is a deep story I will not go into, but it has nothing to do with a place where people will burn for ever.

Jesus did not say that, the writer of revelation did, and this revelation stories have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. The bible is an Extratterstrials stories meant for those who truly have high thinking capacity, otherwise it will lead to what you are asking.[/quote]

Next time you see hell, think Atomic destruction, nothing more.
Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
ifenes:

This a reference to atomic destruction of particular areas on the planet that went against the tyranny rules of the Illojim\Elohim. This is a deep story I will not go into, but it has nothing to do with a place where people will burn for ever.

What are your claims? undecided

Jesus did not say that, the writer of revelation did, and this revelation stories have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last: and, what you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches. . . -Rev1:11"

"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter
-Rev1:19"

What are you insinuating? Jesus told him to write what he saw and not fiction.

The bible is an Extratterstrials stories meant for those who truly have high thinking capacity, otherwise it will lead to what you are asking.

Don't misinterpret it to your own knowledge. It is not meant for 'those' ... It is meant for everyone who believes!

Next time you see hell, think Atomic destruction, nothing more.

Woah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by ifenes(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

What are your claims? undecided

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last: and, what you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches. . . -Rev1:11"

"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter
-Rev1:19"

What are you insinuating? Jesus told him to write what he saw and not fiction.

Don't misinterpret it to your own knowledge. It is not meant for 'those' ... It is meant for everyone who believes!

Woah!

Jesus ? If you truly believe Jesus existed, then I shouldn't be having this discussion with you sorry.
Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2017

HELL IS REAL.

ITS A PLACE CREATED BY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, WHO LOVES US SO MUCH.. IT'S A PLACE WE'LL END UP FOR NOT LOVING HIM BACK AND FOR MAKING MISTAKES.
Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
ifenes:

Jesus ? If you truly believe Jesus existed, then I shouldn't be having this discussion with you sorry.

Actually, I'm the one who should be telling you sorry smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
Here is one of my favorite songs smiley sing along.

BECAUSE OF LOVE ( LYRICS )

Because of love he left his throne
And made this earth His home
He did it willingly
For you and me

With heaven left behind
He came to save all mankind
From sin and shame
He could have walked away
But instead He chose
To stay upon that tree
And take a crown of thorns for me
Because of love

Because of love he bore my pain (bore my pain)
Shouldering the blame
Why did He chose to go (He didn't have to go, no)
How could He love me so?
Because of love He called to me
He said child I will set you free
You'll have life abundantly
Because of love (because of love)

He gave unselfishly
Caused my blinded to eyes to see
It was you and me He had in mind
On the road to Calvary
I never known such a perfect love
I had fallen down but He picked me up
He rescued my soul
Now I want the world to know

Because of love He left the grave
Prepared for us a place
He'll back again someday
And I will hear Him say

Because you believed
You'll live eternally
And I'll fall on my knees
And I will cry

You are holy, holy, lord god almighty
You are worthy, to receive glory
Honor and power forever
Holy, holy, lord god Almighty
You are worthy
To receive glory
Honor and power forever

Amen, A-amen, oh A-amen

Amen
Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy

Jesus you are
The angels bow down and say
Holy, holy, holy
All creation cries out
Holy, holy, holy
You're worthy of all the glory
Forever
Amen

- women of faith & Natalie Grant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Idango(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
ifenes:

Ifenes, you are that young man with a Deeper life parents who was lost. I pity you. You can still escape hell.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by ifenes(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Idango:

Ifenes, you are that young man with a Deeper life parents who was lost. I pity you. You can still escape hell.

Deeper life teaches you to live in fear. Am I wrong ? Yes I had a deeper life parent which made me know all about Kumuyi. But again, he has the right to decieve those who are too lazy to rescue themselves.

I will school Kumuyi when it comes to the bible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by ifenes(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Lol I sympathise with you for being scared of hell. Imagine the positive things you could do with your life rather than waste it on misinformation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
ifenes:

Lol I sympathise with you for being scared of hell.

Reread my first post and try to decipher it.

Imagine the positive things you could do with your life rather than waste it on misinformation.

That bolded statement should rather be redirected to you. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Bolaji21(m): 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Idango:

To doubt the existence of hell is to doubt the very existence of God. Jesus was not been metaphorical whrn he was talking about hell.
In luke 16:19-31, Jesus told us a story that gives tangible insight as to what happens after death. Verse 23 and 24 reads

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame

Verse 23 makes us know the rich man was in torment. And verse 24 makes us know how he was been tormented - flames. Now, is there any other literal way to show that hell is real?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Amberon11: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2017
Hahahahah, exactly. Jesus is life mehn!
Jhaytee4all:

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Amberon11: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Hell is real. You cannot disbelieve the existence of hell while still considering yourself as a christian, no.

Jesus spoke more of hell than he did of heaven. To deny hell is to call Jesus a liar.
Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by Niflheim(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2017
@op,

Hell is nothing more than "a fictional place created in the minds of frustrated lunatics"!!!

1.Which of the christian Hells is the real hell? Is it the Catholic Hell where majority Anglicans will go to, or the Anglican Hell where majority Catholics will go to?

2.When the Egyptians said that Hell is inhabited by a half-hippo, half-crocodile, why did christians reject this particular version of Hell? Why does the hell of the Egyptians contain the most frightening animals that lived in the river Nile(crocodile and hippo)?

3.The Sumerian Hell has 7 judges, but the bible never mentioned anything about 7 judges in Hell, how come?

4.The Greek Hell(Tartarus), has only giants kept there!!! I am not a giant and I am sure that you are also not a giant, so how come it is only Shaquille O'Neill and Kobe Bryant that are eligible for the Greek Hell?

5.According to the Finnish Hell(from Finland), all good and bad people will end up in the same place!!! They will all end up as shadow-like ghosts!!!

6.Do you know that the Serer Religion does not even have a concept of Hell?

7.In some religions, you need a ferryman(canoe master), to get to hell...............................Why don't all religions talk of this canoe master?

8.In some religions, the ferryman is male, in others, the ferryman is female(as in "ferrywoman/canoe mistress"wink, how come? So they don't know the difference between a dude and a chic?

9.The Aztec Hell has 9 levels, but the Chinese one has between 3 to 18 levels..........................................how come?

10.According to the Eskimo's, Hell(the Underworld), is a place for the purification of the soul.......................................like Nigerian Breweries!!! Do you as a christian accept the fact that Satan will purify souls in Hell?

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real Or A Metaphor ? by YahwehPenis: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2017
ifenes:

I am dissapointment in you artist but I pray Jesus shud cum quickly.
Jesus has been cumming for more than 2017 years now. Am weary in heart, can't wait for too long again. It pricks me inter-anally and I bleed when the artists like you draw bad picture of Jesus in a bad light and paint him bad. They sperm nairaland with different negative speaking and they cum shot of the glory of God. They have said Jesus will continue cumming forever but I kno when he finally cums, his cumming will be hot on them.
Artists who say their is no God, repaint becos the condomn of God is at hand.

(1) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie 20 Powerful Quotes (part 1) / A Religious War Between Muslims & Christians In Nigeria Is Coming Soon - Bakare / I Want To Join Occult To Be Rich I Want To Join Occult To Make Money In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.