Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? (2073 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On May 06, 2018
The Second Coming of Jesus: Metaphor or Literal?

In New Age circles, the second coming is believed to be a metaphor for the arrival of Christ Consciousness within each person. But is this what Jesus meant? Here are the reasons why we can know with certainty that the second coming is meant literally and not metaphorically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY82f-w62W4

http://reasonsforjesus.com/the-second-coming-of-jesus-metaphor-or-literal/

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Chiedu4Trump: 2:19am On May 09, 2018
Oh boy I like ur views.

If say I dey n3 2rr, we fit link up?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

Oh boy I like ur views.

If say I dey n3 2rr, we fit link up?

Feel free to share your views here. God bless. smiley
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Chiedu4Trump: 10:03pm On May 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Feel free to share your views here. God bless. smiley

that n3 2rr no mean anything to u?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

that n3 2rr no mean anything to u?

I don't get it. undecided
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Chiedu4Trump: 10:15pm On May 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I don't get it. undecided

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/42628[/img]

I live near here
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

I live near here

I couldn't open that link.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

I live near here

I got your point now. cheesy
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
The Second Coming of Jesus: Metaphor or Literal?

In New Age circles, the second coming is believed to be a metaphor for the arrival of Christ Consciousness within each person. But is this what Jesus meant? Here are the reasons why we can know with certainty that the second coming is meant literally and not metaphorically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY82f-w62W4

http://reasonsforjesus.com/the-second-coming-of-jesus-metaphor-or-literal/
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by OtemAtum: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
None of the above. Fictitious is the answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Was there ever a second coming arrangement of the messiah by God?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Op hope you know His Second Coming is not going to be as it was the first time, sweet and peaceful?

I sure hope you do know that He would be coming with All The Anger That This World Cannot Contain nor Bear?

And surely if the whole world feared what He did in Egypt, that day would more than outclass Egypt's Judgements.

It is a great and terrible day that even the Righteous would be very very afraid!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

When your parents or teachers warned you about the doing or not doing of a thing, did they not return to see if you have done or not done what they have instructed you about?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

When your parents or teachers warned you about the doing or not doing of a thing, did they not return to see if you have done or not done what they have instructed you about?

Exactly, that is my question.. Did God ever say the messiah will come twice?..
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
sonmvayina:
Affirmative. Of course there is a second arrangement of Ha Maschiach to return

Dtruthspeaker:

sonmvayina:
Exactly, that is my question..
Did God ever say the messiah will come twice?..
Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, only had to come as Ha Maschiach just the one time, now sonmvayina, Mr Walking Cotradictions, when He returns the second time, it is not as Maschiach, but He does return a second time, as the triumphant King and to personally welcome believers into the Kingdom. John 14:3, at one of the very least, is proof
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Affirmative. Of course there is a second arrangement of Ha Maschiach to return

Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, only had to come as Ha Maschiach just the one time, now sonmvayina, Mr Walking Cotradictions, when He returns the second time, it is not as Maschiach, but He does return a second time, as the triumphant King and to personally welcome believers into the Kingdom. John 14:3, at one of the very least, is proof

You are really a dummy.. I need old testament passages..
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
sonmvayina:
You are really a dummy..
No, I am not, that's you because Dummy is your middle name, lol. Remember, lol, Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina?

sonmvayina:
I need old testament passages..
"In my visions during the night, I saw among the clouds in heaven someone like the Son of Man.
He came to the Ancient One, who has lived for endless years, and was presented to Him.
"
- Daniel 7:13

Now dont go choking on that Daniel 7:13 Old Testament passage please, lol
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
No, I am not, that's you because Dummy is your middle name, lol. Remember, lol, Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina?

"In my visions during the night, I saw among the clouds in heaven someone like the Son of Man.
He came to the Ancient One, who has lived for endless years, and was presented to Him.
"
- Daniel 7:13

Now dont go choking on that Daniel 7:13 Old Testament passage please, lol

Thanks for proving my point..
Run along now.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
sonmvayina:
Thanks for proving my point..
Run along now.
Duh what point did Jero thought he had that Jero thought he's made and/or proven a point.

You had no point. You have no point. Come 'ere! Except you repent, you always be the Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina not able to face up to the truth

I dare you to come out and refute that Daniel 7:13 is not about the second coming of Jesus angry angry angry
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Duh what point did Jero thought he had that Jero thought he's made and/or proven a point.

You had no point. You have no point. Come 'ere! Except you repent, you always be the Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina not able to face up to the truth

I dare you to come out and refute that Daniel 7:13 is not about the second coming of Jesus angry angry angry

Have you got data? Why don't you listen to a real Jewish scholar.. After all the Tanakh belongs to them.
https://outreachjudaism.org/who-is-the-one-to-come-with-the-clouds-of-heaven-like-a-son-of-man/
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
sonmvayina:
Have you got data?
[img]https://s1/images/stirringMuttleylaff.gif[/img]
Look at your dumb question.
Have you got data kọ. Have you got data ni.
Do you Alfas have goatie bia-bia? Does the Pope have a mitre hat on?

sonmvayina:
Why don't you listen to a real Jewish scholar...

MuttleyLaff:
... Travel is the antidote to ignorances, prejudices, discriminations, bigotry, homophobia, chauvinism, misogyny, fundamentalism, narrow-mindedness etcetera. I enjoy travelling too, I visit many good books to read, lol, visit many good deepweb stuff internet sites and/or other varied online resources, but I live in the Bible, lol, because there is no such place better than home, home, sweet bible home lol.

If you want to shine your eyes and free yourself, lol, well, if you need milk to make your own cheese with then, lol you can get some from listening/watching/reading/visiting any of the following online dairy farms, lol, Professor Michio Kaku, Professor Sophie Bosede Oluwole RIP (i.e. aka Mamalawo and/or Iyanifa, was a practitioner of Yoruba philosophy) Dr Myles Munro RIP, Dr Aajonus Vonderplanitz RIP, Bill and Joan Donahue, Dr. Sebi RIP was born Alfredo Bowman, Dick Gregory RIP, Segun Olawoye c/o Objectv, Dr. Shola Jordan Adeoye, Dr Sunday Adelaja, Patrick Bet-David, Omoyele Sowore, Joseph Okechukwu, Adeyinka Grandson, Rabbi Manis Friedman, Alan Watts, Daddy Freeze, Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Michael S. Heiser, Segun Awosanya aka SEGA L'éveilleur aka @segalink etcetera. In other words, use them to do your own research, get informed and come up with your own cheese (i.e. your own facts/opinions)
Why dont you listen to Rabbi Manis Friedman above there seen in my mention, hmm? Thats just listing one of my favourites because there are quite a few of them

sonmvayina:
After all the Tanakh belongs to them.
https://outreachjudaism.org/who-is-the-one-to-come-with-the-clouds-of-heaven-like-a-son-of-man/
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
So what, it belongs to them?

The Tanakh belongs to them, yet they didnt have a concept or idea of afterlife until Jesus in the New Testament came to break down what afterlife is about etcetera. The Tanakh belongs to them, yet they had no concept that God is a Father to them until Jesus revealed this to them in New Testament Matthew 6:9-10. The Tanakh belongs to them, yet you are asking me to show you where in it, is there mention of the second coming of Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, huh? This is beyond funny, lol. Smh

Fyi, Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina, the Tanakh is a shadow of the New Testament, it is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Tanakh revealed. Everything hidden in the Tanakh, is revealed in the New Testament, so please go siddon over there somewhere jor. You that all you are good at is contradicting yourself, smh. Telling me that, "afterall all the Tanakh belongs to them". So what?. So what frigging point sonmvayina, are you abysmally trying to make saying that, huh? angry angry angry

If I should ask you to tell whats the Tanakh, you'll be shifting and sliding like as if something wey no wan gree pesin gladly penetrate, smh. You wouldnt be able to reasonably tell. Trying to pretend half as smart, lol, dropping and throwing about words, like "The Tanakh"

sonmvayina look 'ere. Put down in one to two short sentences or since I am fair-minded and generous, a paragraph what point you allegedly have and summarise within the sentence(s)/paragraph what's on that site you want to send me on a rabbit hole wild goose errand into
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by sonmvayina(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/stirringMuttleylaff.gif[/img]
Look at your dumb question.
Have you got data kọ. Have you got data ni.
Do you Alfas have goatie bia-bia? Does the Pope have a mitre hat on?

Why dont you listen to Rabbi Manis Friedman above there seen in my mention, hmm? Thats just listing one of my favourites because there are quite a few of them

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
So what, it belongs to them?

The Tanakh belongs to them, yet they didnt have a concept or idea of afterlife until Jesus in the New Testament came to break down what afterlife is about etcetera. The Tanakh belongs to them, yet they had no concept that God is a Father to them until Jesus revealed this to them in New Testament Matthew 6:9-10. The Tanakh belongs to them, yet you are asking me to show you where in it, is there mention of the second coming of Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, huh? This is beyond funny, lol. Smh

Fyi, Mister Walking Contradictions Dummy sonmvayina, the Tanakh is a shadow of the New Testament, it is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Tanakh revealed. Everything hidden in the Tanakh, is revealed in the New Testament, so please go siddon over there somewhere jor. You that all you are good at is contradicting yourself, smh. Telling me that, "afterall all the Tanakh belongs to them". So what?. So what frigging point sonmvayina, are you abysmally trying to make saying that, huh? angry angry angry

If I should ask you to tell whats the Tanakh, you'll be shifting and sliding like as if something wey no wan gree pesin gladly penetrate, smh. You wouldnt be able to reasonably tell. Trying to pretend half as smart, lol, dropping and throwing about words, like "The Tanakh"

sonmvayina look 'ere. Put down in one to two short sentences or since I am fair-minded and generous, a paragraph what point you allegedly have and summarise within the sentence(s)/paragraph what's on that site you want to send me on a rabbit hole wild goose errand into
You are a dumb ass... Quit mentioning me.. You are just an slowpoke.... For lack of a better word..

How did you even go through school? Did you write a project? Did you defend it..?.. You are just a slowpoke... I am telling you the jews don't believe in Jesus because none of their prophet ever prophesied that the messiah will be a deity. Or that he was coming to die for sins... You are still quoting it for me... Jesus is nothing but an idol created by Rome.. To deceive people like you with no sense... And make mockery of God.. You are quoting it as if it has anything to do with God.. Please go and educate yourself you are still a small boy..
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
You are a dumb ass...
Dumb is your first middle name now or have you forgotten, lol, hmm?

sonmvayina:
Quit mentioning me..
When will you stop contradicting yourself.
If a sonmvayina fool ties a knot, even a least clever person can untie it, lol

sonmvayina:
You are just an slowpoke.... For lack of a better word..
sonmvayina mister Walking Contradictions, Dumb, slowpoke. Yeah, slowpoke, thanks for volunteering your other middle name

sonmvayina:
How did you even go through school?
What's school? Be deceiving yourself there

sonmvayina:
Did you write a project? Did you defend it..?..
What's project? You want to get a hard-on from my answer, hmm? You and your dumb questions sha, smh

sonmvayina:
You are just a slowpoke...
The slowpoke is you who your Stoke Newington backstreet Jewish landlord didnt admit to that the New Testament teaches that Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ is God in human form. Our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world killed on trumped up charges

sonmvayina:
I am telling you the Jews don't believe in Jesus because none of their prophet ever prophesied that the Messiah will be a deity.
Duh. Tell us something we dont already know. Would the Jews have fitted Him up on trumped up charges in a kangaroo court before later approching Pontius Pilate to legitimise having Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world killed, if they believed in Him, hmm? Put on your right thinking cap on nah sonmvayina, lol. Mtcheew. Smh

sonmvayina:
Or that he was coming to die for sins... You are still quoting it for me...
I am quoting you to, first, put down in one to two short sentences or since I am fair-minded and generous, a paragraph what point you allegedly have and also to summarise within the sentence(s)/paragraph, what's on that site, you want to send me on a rabbit hole wild goose errand into

Then, second, I am quoting you because all you keep telling, contradicts biblical obvious facts. You think you can get away unchallenged with your lies by throwing about fancy words, like Tanakh, lol. Smh.

sonmvayina:
Jesus is nothing but an idol
"2This man came to Yeshua at night and said to him:
“Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher sent from God,
for no man is able to do these miracles that you are doing unless God were with him.”

13No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.
14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life
"
- John 3:2, 13-15

You're a wannabe coveting membership into the antichrists gang, lol.

sonmvayina:
created by Rome.. To deceive people like you with no sense... And make mockery of God..
Rome is, JJC johnny-just-come-lately, when it comes to mockery and/or deception. The people of Antioch beat them to it

sonmvayina:
... You are quoting it as if it has anything to do with God..
"Jesus answered,
“You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
"
- Matthew 22:29

"You search the Scriptures, because you think you will find eternal life in them.
The Scriptures (IOW, sonmvayina, The Scriptures means the Tanakh, lol) tell about me
"
- John 5:39

I am quoting it because the Tanakh is a shadow of the New Testament. The Tanakh is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Tanakh revealed. Everything hidden in the Tanakh, that the Jews arent aware of, like for example, that the coming champion of the Jews, the Son of man, was talking about Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, is revealed in the New Testament, lol. So please go siddon over there somewhere jor. You, that all you are good at, is contradicting yourself and taking pride in your ignorance. smh.

sonmvayina:
Please go and educate yourself you are still a small boy..
[img]https://s4/images/Muttley_Beckon.gif[/img]
C'mon bwoy. I've got my eyes on you.

You better start practising how how hold in your breath. You better do, if you're half wise because every move you make, every word out of wrong you make, every wrong foot you put forward, every falsehood, lies and deception you utter, every breath you make, I have my eyes on you. I am watching you and will come after you that you wouldnt know what exactly it is dropped on ya. I will chase you and run you down, will chase your benighted soul right back into the very rear end of the bottomless pit of an abyss you crawled out from
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Look at them, can't even agree among them self.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Who? With sonmvayina, mister Walking Contradictions? You must be throttling the chicken and having a laugh, lol
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
A delusion
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

Yup !!

Isn’t it hilarious grin

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

frosbel2:
Yup !!
Isn’t it hilarious grin
Such is life, everything comes in different shapes, forms and sizes, lol. Look at the fingers on your hands and/or feet. They dont agree together in same shape, length and/or size, but they are happily together, lol. I wonder why that, lol
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Such is life, everything comes in different shapes, forms and sizes, lol. Look at the fingers on your hands and/or feet. They dont agree together in same shape, length and/or size, but they are happily together, lol. I wonder why that, lol

Spare me the BS.

It’s a made up lie that’s why there is so much confusion , lol.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:
Spare me the BS.
It’s a made up lie that’s why there is so much confusion, lol.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11356663_929336736320442273804461243687091422887936n_jpeg0d7960b7334d021c9478431491ef3afb
Look at how COVID-19 Security Agency disgrace your god. No respects for the gods and ancestors. Chai. Diaries God oooh, lol.

frosbel2 you better, go arrange for charge and bail lawyer, or else your ancestor go sleep cell be that ooo, lol

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:

Yup !!

Isn’t it hilarious grin

Some of them get confused when they discover Atheist are not Christian, they're used to fighting each other.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
frosbel2:

Spare me the BS.

It’s a made up lie that’s why there is so much confusion , lol.
Just like any stories, there will be plot holes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck In Redemption Camp / Horror! Christianity You Dey Die! / Deepsight,pastor AIO, And Everyone Else, Lets Discuss CONSCIOUSNESS.. Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.