Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero (845 Views)

Kaduna Refinery Begins Daily Supply Of 3.2 Million Litres Of Petrol / Aliero Decamps To APC, Wins Senate Ticket Few Hours After Decamp / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:42am On Feb 18, 2010
More facts have emerged regarding today's resolution by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) at its weekly meeting to send a six-man delegation to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, in search of Nigeria’s sickly leader, Umaru Yar’Adua. According to a minister who did not want to be named, the meeting began with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, pleading with his colleagues that the crisis of Yar'Adua's absence was getting out of hand and that the body should at least find out for itself how he is faring in Saudi Arabia.

But not sooner had Maduekwe ended his plea than the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Ahmed Yayale, dropped a bombshell on the council–in-session to the effect that the FEC should invoke the relevant section of the constitution--Section 144--and declare the missing leader incapacitated so that Nigeria could move forward. He stressed that there was no need to keep deceiving Nigerians any further.

According to our source, that unexpected statement threw the council meeting into a deep quiet for a while as the ministers exchanged glances. The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Adamu Aliero, then raised a point of order.  Upon being recognized to speak, he said that he had been informed last night that the “president”, referring to Yar’Adua, had started climbing stairs up and down--that is, exercising.  His statement drew awkward laughter in the chambers.

The Minister of State for Education, Hajia Aishatu Dukku, also claimed that she spoke with YAr’adua’s wife, Turai, who told her that Yar'Adua was exercising for 25 minutes daily. This also drew further subdued laughter, as according to our source, none of the ministers considers  Yar'Adua at his "healthiest" capable of 25 minutes of exercise daily.

The council then sought further comments on the proposal by the SGF for Yar’Adua to be declared incapacitated, our source said.  At that point, the chambers was largely divided into North and South: while most ministers from the geographical South of Nigeria expressed support for declaring Yar’Adua incapacitated in line with the proposal by a Northerner, Ahmed Yayale, the ministers from the North, mostly Yar’Adua cronies from his home state of Katsina and Kano, vehemently opposed the idea.

Following a short break, which was necessary as things had become rowdy, it was quickly decided that a delegation be sent to Jeddah to visit Yar’adua and ascertain his state of health.

It is not clear when the delegation will leave on the mission, but one source told Saharareporters it could be no later than tomorrow, Thursday, so that it could return in time for the next Executive Council meeting next week.

http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5198-how-deeply-divided-fec-decided-on-delegation-to-saudi-arabia-sgf-yayale-says-no-need-to-keep-deceiving-nigerians.html
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by MrCrackles(m): 1:45am On Feb 18, 2010
Daily exercise shocked shocked shocked
Press ups or a stint on a threadmill
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by sulad82i(m): 2:09am On Feb 18, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

[size=8pt]Yar'Adua at his "healthiest" capable of 25 minutes of exercise daily[/size].

http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5198-how-deeply-divided-fec-decided-on-delegation-to-saudi-arabia-sgf-yayale-says-no-need-to-keep-deceiving-nigerians.html

Is that healthy? Just like doing 3 min of exercise for 8hrs in the day. Walking to the bathroom and back 8 times a day! and they call it exercise.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by Livvvvy(f): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
very funny, If he had started exercises, then he should be able to talk as well.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by vigasimple(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
Livvvvy:

very funny, If he had started exercises, then he should be able to talk as well.

No oh, he can only excercise and play sqaush, and watch football, he cannot talk or address his own people.

Nice one.

I think these ministers get paid for who can tell the biggest lies because their master Yar a'liar is the biggest liar in a generation. You may not like OBJ but you know what you are going to get.

When the man comes back like Maryam babangida then the will change the lies to something else. I m sure they must have been on some drugs or alchol before they open their mouth and talk trash.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by naijaswag1: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
Played game of squash and watched champions league! But is scared of boarding planes! what an irony!
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by snowdrops(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Kunfu ni? Or na teakwando him dey do?
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by 9ijaprince(m): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
The president is exercising 25 mins daily. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . . . . Eh eh my ribs, my ribs.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by madamL(f): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
Friends, I have also started running fifty miles every day as part of my exercise routine. Nonsense!!!!!!!
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by 4tune1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
Na wa o, o.k now Adamu Aliero play am phor musik tinrin rin tinrin rin, oh I no like am phor Aladin kai Aishatu Dukku play am phor Zaki Aze. Shior exercise ko exerlie ni.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by egift(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
25 min per day OUT of 24hrs? Lord have mercy.

For me I believe he is dead or in coma! If you think otherwise, let me know.
Re: Yaradua Getting Better, Begins Daily Exercise - Aliero by xterra2(m): 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Haha even the statement drew laughter from the ECF; grin grin grin grin grin
And are we suppose to believe that after the government lied for 84 days and is still lying
Go burn in hell

(1) (Reply)

Soludo’s Banking Consolidation A Sham – Sanusi / Senate Strips Coup Plotters Of Their Benefits: Ibb Affected / Nigeria - Akunyili, Umar, Jega For Inec Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.