Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) (19454 Views)

Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Man And His Solar-Powered Keke Napep Spotted In Yaba, Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by nNEOo(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2017
You guys should chill na .....was he interviewed ?
Did he said he built it , na so bloggers go turn your life upside down if you let them

1 Like

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Okoyiboz3: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2017
The guy didn't build that thing, he's just transporting solar panels for a passenger.

1 Like

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by chiscodedon(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2017
May have been produced in china...but reading meaning to the headline..he transformed it from mechanical to solar...so don't hate, even scientists copy and modify..is accepted
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by agarawu23(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2017
Made in Nigeria huh?
Even with the Chinese words written in it? angry

1 Like

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Pain(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Why do some people like to bask in false glory?? I hate to say this..but Igbos are fond of doing this. This is a clear case of plagiarism. The prototype is every where on line. Please check Alibaba !!

2 Likes

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by brownlolly(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2017
So government should support Biafran project abi?
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by ybalogs(m): 8:26am On Aug 21, 2017
buffalowings:

Dem dey show you say the post na lie
You dey type rubbish
Buy solar panel connect am..
Somehow, this seems like an engineering feat to you.
Warn yasef angry undecided
You don dey vex nah.oya mabinu

1 Like

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by salesforce: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2017
U never get to see them in town
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by ahmedbanj(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2017
No wahala,If I catch U ehn!
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by DrChatNuff: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2017
....F A K E news......
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2017
columbus007:
I'm doubting this peace of shit you are posting Op,how come you have China language written of the screen of the keke?aand how come the keke is so neat without proof of a learning,i.e rough construction? Now this information is trash.

Oga learn to write and spell before you come and write trash jor.

If you see chinese writing nko? Did the man claim he manufactured the parts?

So he should show you the experimental version. So keke cannot be neat. As usual, Nigerian man with mechanic shop mentality. There must be engine oil everywhere. mtchewww

Next time you want to buy something ask the seller to give you the trial version u hear...
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by phkka1(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2017
martineverest:
well said, bro

Let us learn to appreciate hard work. He gathered the materials together and came up with a unit that does not depend on fuel. Ben Bruce will call it common sense. We don't need oil in the near future. By then, the unity of Nigeria is "not negotiable" will be a thing of the past.
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by columbus007(m): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Oga learn to write and spell before you come and write trash jor.

If you see chinese writing nko? Did the man claim he manufactured the parts?

So he should show you the experimental version. So keke cannot be neat. As usual, Nigerian man with mechanic shop mentality. There must be engine oil everywhere. mtchewww

Next time you want to buy something ask the seller to give you the trial version u hear...
what are you commenting about?are you commenting about my failed auto correct or what I commented concerning the man?now I only wrote about me not been convince about the keke marwa itself not the solar power the man is done,the keke was obviously constructed by the Chinese not the man,so he's got to run it with the solar power only,dont conclude on anything you read,i have seen several construction work done by so many Nigerians all by themselves,the work won't be as neat as if they owned a factory just like the glory of the Chinese this man is trying to pick.

2 Likes

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by takenadoh: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2017
This was obviously not constructed by this guy he only imported it
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by vioment: 9:40am On Aug 21, 2017
I don't think he built it, except assembling is now building, in a way it is tho. From my point of view, there is no genius credit for him, but effort of hustling the pay and/or assembling the thing. Kudos to your hustle.
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by abashi47(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2017
while using petrol, we convert chemical to electrical energy. but when using a solar panel, we convert solar to electrical energy... our government should realise how to maximize d use of solar energy. we have it in abundance in d north and as such it'll reduce d need for fuel in d country
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Okeikpu(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2017
The Gr8 Biafrans
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Healer007: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2017
Why is it that any Solar-powered news dumbfounds Nigerian bloggers and the Nigerians in general, what's the big deal. Well the keke is nice though some peeps are saying it wasn't built, it was assembled which brought me to the dictionary to look up the meaning of build and it goes: Make by combining materials and parts.
So he just imported materials and parts to construct the keke - just one keke. What's the biggie
I'm not criticizing his effort oo, he tried, but building/asse stuffs can be done by people that have lil knowledge about these kinds of machineries. They are typical things Nigerian university graduates and Foreign high school students build for exhibition. The main stuff is making EVERY part of the machine smileysmileysmiley

Another thing
Anyone that makes such a machine is a genius at that field.... But after Nigerians gush over him/her. No one knows what happens next.... Whether government or any individual wants to sponsor him no one knows...

Pathetic cry
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by xoftxoul: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2017
that tricycle came off an assembly line. there's no touch of an individual making on that tricycle. it's too clean to have been built by scavenging for metals here and there to arrive at this.
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by NairalandAsasin(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2017
columbus007:
I'm doubting this peace of shit you are posting Op,how come you have China language written of the screen of the keke?aand how come the keke is so neat without proof of a learning,i.e rough construction? Now this information is trash.
The engine for goodness sake is solar powered, it doesn't mean he built the entire structure. Gosh!!, do you not have any form of education??
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by columbus007(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2017
NairalandAsasin:

The engine for goodness sake is solar powered, it doesn't mean he built the entire structure. Gosh!!, do you not have any form of education??
well,you can take that to the bank undecided
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Egalitarian1: 10:27am On Aug 21, 2017
Now that a Igbo has done something worthwhile and positive,all the NCAN observers kept mute and not forthcoming with their name calling but immediately a negative news breaks out from our Igbo brothers, Igbo will exude! Why don't we jettison hate speech for our better coexistence as a great nation? Why always paying attention to things that keep us divided instead of the things that keep us United? Say NO to tribalism, religious insanity and hate speech! May God bless all sincere and patriotic Nigerians!
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by jnfoage: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2017
Except if it's just for lighting & starting, that panel cannot even propel the tricycle reasonably. The panel capable of continuously providing required power should be 4 times what I'm seeing here, besides, where is the battery bank?

For those of you saying it was imported, agreed, the tricycle and the panel were imported separately and for different purposes but the man just added 2 and 2 to arrive at this. Evidently, assuming the panel can even power the machine, consideration wasn't given to shape (streamline) to minimise air drag. At a speed of 30km/hr, that panel will be blown off. If the combo was designed by the Chinese, the panel will simply make the roof and properly streamlined.

1 Like

Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by judgedredd22(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2017
Lalas247:
Looks safer than the normal one .. door dey grin

so your waist/hips no go dey throway for side again abi!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Lalas247(f): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2017
judgedredd22:

so your waist/hips no go dey throway for side again abi!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol leave me joor grin
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by DaHrNn(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
It definitely obvious its made in China... This man need to receive thunder of sense...Mschewww
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by DEADALIVE: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
waste of time and resources....the cost of the developed tricycle is equivalent to a taxi car....don't design and implement what will be expensive than a better invention that is cheap...please can someone guess why develop countries don't use this tricycle?
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by successman100: 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
You are on track. Continue to your wealth
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by lordgideon: 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
With time we shall get there
Re: Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) by Austinoiz(m): 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
Obviously, those red oil-mouthed fellows from the skull mine village in Naija will talk ill of this guy's ingenuity.
Children of hate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States / ​Hyundai Develops Fingerprint Tech To Unlock And Start Cars / The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.