Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

~Mind Thoughts~ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~Mind Thoughts~ (1153 Views)

Be A Proud Freethinker/atheist, Publish Your Diverse Thoughts With Us / Abstract Thoughts / Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hi people.....

This is a thread for my shorts and one shots. Sometimes I get them and I feel like writing em down, so I thought why not.

The ideas come whenever, so I don't really have control over them. And sometimes I see a single word and that just creates a whole new idea.

This is gonna be like my own form of release, so I won't end up soliloquising. Not that I don't already do that. But I'd rather not be termed 'crazy'. Cause when I happen to write it down, I forget it instantly and poof, it's gone

So do read if you so wish, and I'm gonna update whenever I get 'em, which happens to be mostly on Sundays. I have no idea why
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
...........Unending Torture........

Thunder rumbling, body shaking
Lips quivering, their shadows creeping as they drew nearer with the force of a thousand causing the familiar craving feeling to grow as they surfaced

They never ask, they just push. It's like they have no emotions, oh who was he kidding, they know not what that word is.

But he doesn't care anymore, because she looked so delicate with her radiant beauty. Skin so white and flawless with a smile that could melt even the toughest of hearts.
She looked perfect, but she wasn't because she saw something in him. Something special she had said, and that was not a normal word to describe him by. she drew him in and he couldn't help it, he embraced it.

Momentarily he lost the urge, he didn't feel their purge no more because he could feel, and feel he did.
He thought he was free, but little did he know freedom is not a word they'd want in his vocabulary because they're not done with him, they've only just begun.

He should've known better, he should've read the signs. The demons he would never be rid of because they are as ruthless as time.
They own him, and they are always never hungry of the crimson liquid as it strengthens them, and they just made him draw another

He watched her frail frame as she laid still on his arms. Her eyelids drooped tiredly, she was struggling with breaths and her end seems so close, it was torturing.
She took his arms in hers and placed 'em on her belly. Thump.....thump........Thump, he could feel the faint rhythm.

His eyes widened as they began to burn with rage. There is life inside of her and there's a possibility the same fate as it's carrier awaits it....... What has he done? He had done things, things that could make even the devil shiver, things that hunt him till date. But this took the lead as the beginning of long and agonizing nightmare in the making. He just killed the only normal thing that's happened to him

A single tear rolled down his cheek and unto her now closed eyelid as she breathed her last. He's lost her but they were not satisfied. They wanted more and that just provoked him further. They want more? More they'll get he dropped the body as the glint returned in his eyes leaving no room for mourning.

He sighted them giggling as they swayed drunkenly laughing at their jokes. They seemed happy and having no care in the world. Too bad they are about to leave the world

The demons made him a purge, he's going to leave up to the name long enough to be able to fight back, which according to him will be very soon

2 Likes

Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 21, 2017
You're really good at this.
Thumbs up dear.
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
KimberlyWest:
You're really good at this.

Thumbs up dear.

Thanks sis
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
This. I have no idea what to classify this as, but it just hit me so I thought to write/type it

The uncertain plan

She had a plan......
But looking back, it did seem like she did even try.
She looked down on her worn out palms and didn't bother with her feet, because it is a sore sight

She had a plan......
To conquer the world, one step at a time. But time they said she had no more and she had to listen. So she did
Now she looked like the zombies from movies, only difference, she's still breathing. Why did she listen?

She had a plan......
To show the world what she was made of. The world did see, but it ended faster than she had hoped.
Now she is just a shadow of her former self, withering with each passing moment

She had a plan......
To eat food if all else fails, for she was a food lover.
'mummy, I'm hungry' she looked down at her three year old pulling at the elm of her worn out garment. She looked so thin

She had a plan......
But it didn't involve this ever changing world to push her to a breaking point.
She held unto the memories, the promises made. But now they just taunt her and break her even more. Her heart long to be free, but she's still held bound by the promises

She had a plan.....
To make a difference, to change lives and to soar higher.
Exuberant and full of confidence she was, but that changed a long time ago.
Her wings have been clipped, and the only life needed been changed is hers. She had failed

She had a plan.....
To never say never and not accept defeat.
But like a twig, she snapped and she accepted holding back the tears all the while.
Did she feel guilty? Well she's watching her kids eat food like their lives depended on it. She's torn

She had a plan.....
But when has her plan ever fell through because he is here, he's actually standing in front of her, a faint smile on his tired-aging eyes as he drew near.
'I sold it, I did it honey' he smiled fully

She didn't plan for this......
She didn't see this coming, why is this happening now? She felt his warmth envelope her as he pulled her in an embrace, his gentle heartbeats triggering emotions.
But what was it? It wasn't happiness, it wasn't relieve and it wasn't guilt. Her lips quivered as the tears flowed soaking through his thin clothing as it hit her. It couldn't be.......
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Smooth278(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Luvly... Your word play is simply marvelous.... Really lovely ride for those like me with a vivid imagination
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
Smooth278:
Luvly... Your word play is simply marvelous.... Really lovely ride for those like me with a vivid imagination

Thank you so much
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
“Run, run” she cried for its coming, but he didn't. He didn't move, he didn't react. He stood still and awaited it but she was restless. She wanted to push him to move. She wanted to pull unto him and run away with him so it wouldn't take him. 

She stretched her hand to hold unto him, but he seemed so far, although so near. “Please” she cried, the tears burning her skin but she didn't mind. He can't do this to her she thought, and as if hearing her thoughts he turned. But alas, it was already close. It has already caught up to him.

He smiled when he saw her teary face, for she still looked so beautiful.

“Take me instead” she yelled at it, and it turned to her.

“No, it's me you want. Take me” he said to it

“Then take me as well” she pleaded to him.“You can't leave me”

“No” he shook his head turning to her as he tried to control his own tears. He held her hand for a brief while, folding it to a fist before letting go, and it all vanished, and her eyes flung open and with uneven breaths, she sat up with a jerk. 

Her palm felt sligtly heavy, but she ignored to look to her side to see the tiny beauty sleeping beside her with such ease it hurt. She sniffled not wanting to touch her eyes for she knew they were moist and instead raised her hand to open her still tightly closed fist. In her palm lay a paper and she read, “Take care of our daughter, you're all she has now”.

He's gone, it took him from her and he's never coming back. She hated death for what it has taken from her

1 Like

Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nature's destroyers

Hurricanes,

Scattering everything in its paths with its treacherous accident prone nature, makes you wonder why it's so.

It's of nature. It is supposed to be a beautiful nature's creation. But instead, it seems to put an end to most nature's creation and beings.

Animal, trees, houses, beings, none are free of this force, cause it has no preference. Everything in its path takes a bite to the dust in a devastating blow with wounds to show, if ever did survive the great tragedy it's bestowed

But little wonder, why then do we act like this force of nature?
Why do we destroy nature. Why do we kill when we ought to know better. Animals, trees, even our fellow beings. We act like the hurricanes we've grown to fear.

But then again, it's its nature to destroy. Is it ours as well?
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2017
The Forsakened

Endless torture and cries prevailing
He broke down with each assailing
Pulling down all of his restrainings
As they drowned out all his sorrow wailings
He struggles with the injuries from his chainings
Been accorded him in this detaining
Never for once opening his mouth in complaining
Cause they wouldn't even heed his explainings

There are times when he wished they'd consider his achings
As he is the only ever remaining
All been thrown away for their confessions and some death feignings
But he knew better to not agree to the acquitting
As he knew what awaited their guilty pleadings
It's never a good thing though their constant denyings
He never for once believed the good they were campaigning
But didn't try to accuse their evil reigning

He often wondered how exactly he's partaking
In this unbearable horror and soul depraving
How he left his home and became their obtaining
Even though he doesn't remember ever agreeing
And they kept him here in containing
Dishing out to him in condescending.
But he received their tortures and pain painting
All the while plotting and graphing his freedom regaining
Re: ~Mind Thoughts~ by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
No clue.....nope, not one.
I just wrote, hopefully my mind and I will have a little chat soon on what the heck goes up in there

Red......
Glistening, sparkling, sticky, scarlet liquid.
Trailing down ever so slowly, it was torturing
Igniting into her, disgust for his every reproach
Her insides rumbling with each tender drop

She was seeing red.
All colours, things, feelings.... dread
All around her the danger embed
Like a recurrent just waiting to happen needless been said it wasn't the best

She was perceiving red
As she sat wearliy head bent, watching
Each drop joining it's predecessors as they formed below her a pool
A pool, in which she wished she could eventually drown in
But you know you know what they say about wishes

She was calling out to the red.
She's tired of its lazy drop, it has to hasten up
It has to take her before he gets back
It can't keep her for she begs no more to live.
Now she's ready to embrace the almighty inevitable
For she's heard it makes things easier, or in her case gave her soul the rest it so pleads for

She's conforming with the red.
She has to follow by it's rules if she wants her soul's wish to happen
And so, there has to be more red for its pace is right now is ungratifyingly slow
She needs to hurry up the pace to give her soul it's wish, and so she finally raised her tired head

She's being controlled by the red
As she carried her frail eyes around searching
Searching for the answers to her prayers
She isn't asking for much, anything fierce at this point will do the trick she thought
She's already feeling her energy deplete just thinking about it, or it could be something else beckoning. But she has no more care in the world

The red was helping.
Cause she finally saw it, at the far end corner in all its glistening glory
It sat beckoning to her and she proceeded like the lost cause she was feeling the red make a trail as she dragged
Eager to feel it she held out after her hand, but just then she heard it a creak..... he's back

Her heart's seeing the red
As it hammered in her chest like a fast rhythmic drum
Drowning all the sounds as it focused on the creak
Sending chills down her spine with every beat....he's back

The red's seeing her red
As she grabbed the blade raised it up ready to strike but she was too late
He grabbed her with speed, prying it off her hands. But she won't go down without a fight as she struggled with the last bit of strength, and with a sharp thrust she succeeded

Red meets more red
As all froze, the red pattering to the ground
Dripping agonizingly as her eyes flickered wearily in anguish
She didn't know if to cry or be sad her wish didn't come true, but for now it's best to curse her luck as she pushed him aside and he fell with a thud, lifeless and pathetic

Red's not the only colour after all,
She stood staggering as she moved not looking back, keys from his pocket jingling in her hand as took another step
Clothes soaked with red, and eyes bloodshot she could barely make it
The wish was to set her soul free, not send his to its doom even though he deserved it.
But she guess she gets to live another day if only the red still spilling gives her a chance cause she can see bright for now

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Make Teens World Magazine A Success / Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book / POETRY: A Powerful Medium For Literacy And Technology Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.