Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast (35211 Views)

#LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer / Buhari Failed In Areas We Expected Him To Act During His Visit – Benue Govt. / How Plot Against Buhari Failed At House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by TourismMan(m): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2017
doctokwus:
It was a disappointing speech which however didn't disappoint me because I have since tempered my expectations of who Buhari is and his capacity.
I was expecting a frank disclosure of his health status.
I was expecting to hear specific mention of the ultimatum by Arewa youths and that he has given the security agencies the go ahead to arrest them and others that issued similar ultimatums.
I was expecting to hear that henceforth,he would stay in Nigeria to handle whatever health challenges he has.
I was expecting him to use the opportunity to announce that elements within his goverment that are undermining his administration would soon be shown the way out.
I was expecting to hear him say that he is back for the final onslaught against corruption and BH.
I finally expected him to reassure Nigerians that the govt is doing all within it's powers to ease the economic hardship Nigerians were going through.
Nothing of the above,just vague references to non specific issues.

Blessed are those who do not expect for they shall not be disappointed. I never expected anything good from Buhari because I knew he had none to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Smile24434(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2017
Everyone is just busy criticizing The President's speech.....To me i think he just brief himself thats all
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Smile24434(m): 11:29am On Aug 21, 2017
Look everyone Buhari need our support.....The fact he did'nt mention so problems nigerians are facing does not mean he will not tackle them or look in to them.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2017
Buhari just showed with his speech that he is suffering from temporal insanity...

u're right..
lol
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ENGANI(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2017
Haba Nairaland jackals! How would you expect mr president to address and discuss all the trending issues that happened in his absence, in fact that was why Mr Osibanjo became acting president, to execute rules and orders so that the nation will not be redundant, and now you mr perfects come here saying he should say this and that......Haba allow him to rest he will address all those issues you are talking about they are to be tackled at office not in 5 minutes goodwill address which Is just for baba to say hello to his dear country men and women

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by finest0007(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2017
The speech was disappointing, not awe-inspiring like one would expect.

Why not just relinquish power? Must you cling on till you end up in a grave? undecided
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by jossyr(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2017
pheesayor:
Someone that returned less than 48 hours ago should address issues he's yet to be properly briefed on?

Why are you even worried about what he says or does not say? Does a vegetable talk?
did any body force him to adress the nation,if he is yet to be briefed with certain issues,why rush to make a dry broadcast. As a president whatever comes out from his mouth is important,hence it is either he says something reasonable or keep quiet.secondly he confessed following events in d country closely while he was away
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2017
Look everyone Buhari need our support.....The fact he did'nt mention so problems nigerians are facing does not mean he will not tackle them or look in to them.

My biggest mistake in life was voting 4 dis Fulani Herdsman....2019 will b gr8
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Smile24434(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2017
ENGANI:
Haba Nairaland jackals! How would you expect mr president to address and discuss all the trending issues that happened in his absence, in fact that was why Mr Osibanjo became acting president, to execute rules and orders so that the nation will not be redundant, and now you mr perfects come here saying he should say this and that......Haba allow him to rest he will address all those issues you are talking about they are to be tackled at office not in 5 minutes goodwill address which Is just for baba to say hello to his dear country men and women
Truetalk

1 Like

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Ojiofor: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2017
The Dullard addressed Nigerians as MY DEAR CITIZENS instead of fellow citizens as if he is Nigeria and all of us are his acquired properties.
Buhari is a disgrace.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2017
It is the most useless presidential speech ever.. More of a hate speech
D most stupid speech eva
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Ojiofor: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2017
Btw,The president should be arrested for hate speech.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by pheesayor(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2017
did anyone force you to listen/watch?
What can he do to satisfy people like you? Before he was dead, then returns and speaks to the country to let you know he can even speak unlike people who said he lost his voice. What else do you want him to say? For me the broadcast is for renewed confidence in a man we supported and elected to be president.

jossyr:
did any body force him to adress the nation,if he is yet to be briefed with certain issues,why rush to make a dry broadcast. As a president whatever comes out from his mouth is important,hence it is either he says something reasonable or keep quiet.secondly he confessed following events in d country closely while he was away
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Jflex07(m): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2017
optional1:
you guys should kuku kill him...

The once he addressed, are they not the most pressing issues in Nigeria...

All what you said he didn't address, he will surely do that with time, let him be brief first today....

Una just wan kill the man..
If you don't like his speech goan die we still have empty space in the grave yard..
You too? Hypocrite everywhere. your a disappointment
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Omeokachie: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
No wonder he dodged the presidential debate
The man lack depth.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Iamzik: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
fuckerstard:
True facts OP.

He just murmured couple of sentences and that's it, i was driving when he started his speech and every radio station i tuned into i still couldn't hear what he's saying until i read the transcript.

He should allow some journalists interview his asss e.g Amanpour (CNN)

Armanpour na die!

Buhari no go fit answer any questions o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by loomer: 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
fuckerstard:
True facts OP.

He just murmured couple of sentences and that's it, i was driving when he started his speech and every radio station i tuned into i still couldn't hear what he's saying until i read the transcript.

He should allow some journalists interview his asss e.g Amanpour (CNN)

I no be buhari supporter, never liked him since the killings on his behalf in 2011.

But truth be told, na his first address to the nation since coming back. Make we cut am a slack.

There's no way him go fit mention everything na
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Abbey24(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
I wonder hw some people manage to pass English language because it seems they dont do summary nd comrehension passages in their O'level exams, this man has touch the areas to be subsequently discuss like economy security, security of life nd property etc. as he is yet to resume office so as to be properly briefed by all party concern
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by MarieSucre(f): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
ionsman:
If he had addressed these above mentioned issues in his speech,I'm cork sure you would have had another "7 things Buhari failed to address" list ready...Clowns.

Someone came back on Saturday evening,that broadcast was done yesterday night according to Vanguard and the geniuses in Nigeria expect him to have so much information at his disposal already...Na wa o
He has aides who inform him of the going-on in Nigeria.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by planetx: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lol I posted here before the election that this man was going to be a total failure and Nigerians will regret voting for this fulani herdsman, you people haven't seen anything yet.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by InvertedHammer: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
/
I do not recognize Buhari as the President of Nigeria.

He is a senile old man who has used up his productive years in life but chose to tie down the destiny of 190 million Nigerians.

//
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by frankoben(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Baron Presidente Baggo de Skullione
Makapedia:
President Buhari finally addressed Nigerians on Monday morning after he came back from his medical vacation in London.

In his first video message after over 105 days, Nigerians rated President Muhammadu Buhari's speech low over inability of him to give details of issues and activities in the last 100 days.

Political analysts say they expected the President to give more details about the country especially if he has a clean bill of health.

Former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili has rated President Muhammadu Buhari's speech as a terrible case of missed opportunity, from the citizen's point of view.

"The content is very dry, uninspiring, on-the-surface and superficial. Nothing as to the state of the nation economically, all the non-existent energy was expended on irresponsible elements and the social media", Damilola Okin said.

Here are some of the issues the President failed to address:

1. No discussion on Nigerian economy so far and not a single stamp of Osinbajo's efforts so far

2. The President failed to give hope to the striking academic staff union – ASUU

3. The President shunned cabinet reshuffle as being speculated in various quarters

4. No words on the hyenas and jackals his wife said he will soon come and remove from the government.

5. No statement on his health status as Nigerians need to know the his status and whether the president will go back soon or not.

6. We do not know whether the Presidency has transmitted a letter to the National Assembly for change of baton and his full resumption or we need to take few days to rest.

7. The speech was recorded and may signal another discussion on the clean bill of health of the President.

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/7-issues-president-buhari-failed-to-address-in-broadcast

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Splashme: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ohammadike:
The guy is hopeless. You assume that he has an idea on the points you raised but he is a dullard
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by teniboss(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Op if you don't have what to say jst allow space for other news....how do people even thinkbarely 3 days of his return and you want him to start making noise without due consultations.....and for your information he has written the national assembly notifying them of his return and assumption of duty which is more important at the moment than any of those rubbish analysis you outlined....in due course he'll surely address the pressing matters as he gets briefed
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Kiakia(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
ionsman:
If he had addressed these above mentioned issues in his speech,I'm cork sure you would have had another "7 things Buhari failed to address" list ready...Clowns.

Someone came back on Saturday evening,that broadcast was done yesterday night according to Vanguard and the geniuses in Nigeria expect him to have so much information at his disposal already...Na wa o
Was he compelled to address Nigerians a day or even two days after his return? There is more to that hurried broadcast than meets the eye!
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Kiakia(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
three:
Okay People doesn't sound or look like we're heading anywhere..

Let's have a Referendum Already.!!!

The threats against ethnic groups against other ethnic groups and state actors against citizens are on the increase.

There are subtle moves to contain freedom of speech under the guise of 'controllling' hate speech.

Before it is too late Nigerians Must put pressure on their elected representatives in the National Assembly (http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/13/saharareporters-publishes-contact-information-nigerian-lawmakers) To Urgently Pass A Joint Resolution on the Immediate Convening of a Referendum where Nigerians can indicate their Choice of these three options.

1. RESTRUCTURING: I agree that Nigeria should be restructured along Federal, Regional and Local Government lines.

2. BIAFRA: I support the creation of the sovereign state of Biafra.

3. STATUS QUO: I vote that the Status Quo remains

PS. The National Assembly might also be advised to amend the number of days a President can be away from duty so as to prevent a reoccurrence of this unsavoury situation.

We cannot and should not as a Nation be dragged back to the days of absolutist undemocratic government supported by a few.
The Constitution should be amended as you suggested.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Kiakia(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
massinola:
Hmm this man should just do over 180m Nigerians a favor, resign because he's supper clueless, old and sick. No be by force to rule abeg
Nigeria is already a laughing stock in the comity of nations.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by maisauki: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
OP, you don't need to belabour yoursef so much when you (un)become d president try to do d needful but as for now jus accept him as d president because of your BP
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by jbhill(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
ionsman:

Can u hear urself,i thought he was following all the happenings in nigeria from abroad even nigerian sports activity says our sports minister,neXT time if u have nothing reasonable to say u effing keep ur gutter shut..
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by jossyr(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Kiakia:
Was he compelled to address Nigerians a day or even two days after his return? There is more to that hurried broadcast than meets the eye!
that's the point.is it written anywhere that the president must address the nation 2days after returning from a trip?if he was'nt ready for ca proper address then he should have saved himself from this embarrassment.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nukualofa:
Buhari is taking the 189million Nigerians for a ride because he believes that they are zombies and will kowtow to every gibberish he utters
he just addressed his cows what else do expect from Fulani farmer
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
NIGERIA IS FINISHED...,THE PROPHESY IS GRADUALLY COMING TO FULFILLMENT... FOR THOSE THAT SUPPORTS BUHARI, I HAVE A SIMPLE QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR PRESIDENT? WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SICKNESS...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phyno Performs At Obiano's Re-Election Flag-Off In Awka (Photos) / Yunusa Tanko: How Osinbajo’s Tact, Capacity To Lead Nigeria Angered The Cabal / SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.