Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff (1591 Views)

Kwankwaso Pays Condolence Visit To Makarfi Over The Death Of His Father / PDP Reacts To Makarfi’s Death / Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2017
PDP: I remain loyal to Makarfi – Sheriff
nigerianeye.com

Erstwhile National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Modu Sheriff, has pledged the commitment and loyalty of his supporters and loyalists to the ideals, goals and principles of the party under Ahmed Makarfi’s leadership.

Though he accused Makarfi of using the victory at the Supreme Court as a licence to victimize party members, Sheriff appealed to members and supporters of his deposed leadership faction to remain calm and refrain from further legal action of any sort against the party.

In a statement by his spokesman, Bernard Mikko, Sheriff said: “We hope the current spate of threats and outright acts of intimidation will cease so that millions of our party members would not start seeking ‘alternate platforms’ to secure their political future.

“While remaining loyal and committed to the ideals and goals of the PDP, we also owe it a duty to preserve our personal honour and protect the political interest of millions of PDP members nationwide, who are looking up to us for leadership. We appeal to our loyal members and supporters to remain calm and refrain from further legal action of any sort.

“We, therefore, appeal to true lovers of democracy, the civil society and the media to join hands with us to ensure that all forms of impunity, lawlessness and blind ambition are controlled and dispensed with.

“Nigeria is a constitutional democracy and acts that are capable of destroying our multi-party system must be avoided. As major stakeholders in the current political dispensation, we will not remain silent and docile while the democratic norms and values we cherish are being systematically destroyed.

“Whereas majority of party member and loyalists continue to dream; desire and pray for a united party devoid of divisive tendencies with the hope of quickly recovering the lost grounds; We, the concerned members of the People’s Democratic Party, committed to internal democracy; justice and rule of law, have observed with the deepest concern the recent negative developments in our dear party.

“Unfortunately and ironically, the six-man caretaker committee under the chairmanship of Senator Ahmed Makarfi is rather celebrating and pursuing the implementation of the fractionalisation of the party.

“The NCC goaded and guided by some ambitious presidential aspirants had shown clearly the paths of constitutionality and rule of law is not theirs to follow. How can the chairman of the NCC, for instance, explain the dissolution of executive committee members of states that were duly and legally elected to serve four years from April 2016.

“It is most worrisome that the Supreme Court judgment is rather seen as a license to victimize millions of party members.”

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2017/08/pdp-i-remain-loyal-to-makarfi-sheriff.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nigerianeye+%28NigerianEye%29

Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2017
Good boy
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by DLuciano: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2017
Sheriff have no option, he must be loyal by fire or his political career burnt completely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by Baawaa(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2017
Sheriff and Makarfi part 2
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Kai Sege Yaro
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by jonathanOz: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2017
Mtcheew!
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by bennyann: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2017
shocked

Is this for real? If it is then that's great.

But it calls for carefulness, vigilance and wisdom.
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2017
Smart attitude
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by PatriotTemidayo: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Only two options are opened to Sherriff;
1. To declare loyalty to PDP
Or
2. Go back to Maiduguri, where he's wanted for crime against the state and masses.

Which would you rather chose? grin
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
March on
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by Riosystem: 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
When the hand writing on the wall is that he's dead politically.
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by uwa1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Loyalty will not save him.....
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by agbonkamen(f): 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Before nko if u no Loyal u oyal (suffer)
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
Great
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sheriff or what Eva u call ur self,stop the deception, u can't be trusted.
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by yarimo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
That is an elder Statesman, not people like FAYOSE, FFK, LANRE OLAYINKA and WIKE talking trash all the time in name of opposition.
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by lightblazingnow(m): 6:27am On Aug 22, 2017
Sure
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by SmartchoicesNG: 6:38am On Aug 22, 2017
yarimo:
That is an elder Statesman, not people like FAYOSE, FFK, LANRE OLAYINKA and WIKE talking trash all the time in name of opposition.
How low can you sink?
Re: PDP: I Remain Loyal To Makarfi – Sheriff by omowolewa: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2017
Waiting to hear from Sherif himself. But like it or yes, he is a former chairman, and still have alot to gian in PDP

(1) (Reply)

General Abdussalam Abubakar, General Sani Abacha And Pope John Paul II In Abuja / Thunderstorm Killed Cows In Nigeria / EXCLUSIVE! Fayemi Presents N25bn Budget To Buhari For Ekiti Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.