Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Am I Thinking Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Thinking Right? (370 Views)

A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking / Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Thinking Right? by vpaymoney(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pls I started thinking differently of recent. I paused at giving Muslim beggers my money in traffic why? I keep thinking that if this ones can be my critics religiously, why should I ever give them my money. And that kept on in my mind till now that I brought it here to know if am doing against the bible or against the ten commandment of God. Cos the bible says; if you love him , you will keep his commandment. Kindly help me out mates and my spiritual Seniors. Thanks
Re: Am I Thinking Right? by ifenes(m): 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
You gave human beings money not Muslims. Let me paint this picture ; those beggars are another versions of your self .They are Gods in forms of beggers asking for a little token. They are there to test your character even if they may be your greatest critics. At the end of the day all humans are title-less being. Pastors, Muslims, Christians, doctors etc are titles that are not real.

Next time you see those beggers, give whatever you can to them with joy and love. In fact give them a hug, because inside them is the God you think you worship. Give to others with joy because they are you. This is top secret you won't hear in the church

11 Likes

Re: Am I Thinking Right? by NoWorries7(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew:25:37-40

1 Like

Re: Am I Thinking Right? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
vpaymoney:
Pls I started thinking differently of recent. I paused at giving Muslim beggers my money in traffic why? I keep thinking that if this ones can be my critics religiously, why should I ever give them my money. And that kept on in my mind till now that I brought it here to know if am doing against the bible or against the ten commandment of God. Cos the bible says; if you love him , you will keep his commandment. Kindly help me out mates and my spiritual Seniors. Thanks

You are not obliged to give anyone money. If you believe giving out money is the best way to go about your charity, then by all means do. There is actually nothing wrong in having those thoughts. They are just thoughts. What's important is how you move forward despite those thoughts.

You can choose to decide not to give next time because you perceive them to be the enemy, in which case the thoughts have influenced you negatively, or you may choose to be a bit more kind than you were when next you meet someone else, not necessarily those who beg.

I would advise that you treat everyone with respect irrespective of their status in life or religious affiliations but do not allow this make you stupid. I wouldn't advise you hug someone who may end up making you sick because of filth. I believe it is enough to respect people, and help them whenever you are able.

1 Like

Re: Am I Thinking Right? by vpaymoney(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sighs!! Wow! Great insights. Thanks. I can't fight for Jesus tho' He's the LORD he will fight his battle.

(1) (Reply)

Egypt Closes 1300-member Church Because It Was “upsetting To Muslims" / What It Means And Does Not Mean To Honor Our President / Heaven And Hell Compared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.