Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? (622 Views)

How Does Nigeria Recover What It Lost Due To Pmbs Delay. / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory / Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by saharachic(f): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
When i was very young, Jos was one of the place i loved going to. it was like travelling abroad. but now i dont even think about getting close to that place. Do you think its possible for Jos to reclaim its past glory? what needs to be done to achieve that? good if you are a jos resident, so i can understand you better.
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
I feel you saharachic. Jos used to be the most peaceful city in Nigeria till those Hausas came in. I really pray that the glory of J-town is restored.
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by edoyad(m): 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
I was jos over the weekend and the place was baghdad with military people stationed every where. The curfew is 6am to 6pm and the town has the ambience of sadness about it. I still saw some foreigners moving about but i know it will take much more time to recover.
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by hakanai(m): 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
cool topic.like you rightly said when i also first set foot on the soils of plateau it was all too fine to be real.first visit was 1988 and man it was terribly freezing and you could actually think it was a ghost town at night.largely due to the cold weather.people were home and getting all the heat they could get.the sound of air blowing outside.you could make friends anywhere and when you don't feel like it you could be invincible.people hardly mind who you are and people rarely bother you.really peace.when an incident of injury or rare case of death occur it was alot of news.
   Now this people who were together want to fight and kill themselves to a stand still.to change anything, you have to cure the wounded hearts and to mend the gap that is filled with tonnes of hate and murder.i hear reconcilation is in place but, news coming from people i know still say people are relocating,isolating and preparing for the worst.communities clearing minority rivals and all that.how can you guarantee harmony remains a dream than ever as long as they can not blend and feel free to be around each other. I also disagree that it was when a tribe came that things went wrong.rather it is when people began to feel isolated for various reasons.we hope it will change someday.
    Above all rumours and propaganda against each other to make themselves feel like victims and instigate further support not in recouncilation but so called advantage during violence is predominant.i tell you in jos all you need for a fight is just identify who and who is arguing.if they are from the opposing side of the divide, it hardly takes long before rumours set in and treat of violence emerge.I pray for peace in Nigeria and any place that continues to withness conflicts globally.sincerely you guys need to talk from the hearts with utmost sincerity and reach a peace condition of mutual respect for the other.even thought i don't see that happening yet and i know you all are waiting to fight yet again.telling more lies to get more fighters for each other.when you start spreading the good news of geninue peace then we will know change has come.Not when in public you cry am the victim,i want peace and in private,place of worship all you say were victorious over them and murdered a number and distroyed this and that.remember someday we all will be judged for how we lived and for how we have touched peoples lives.
 Shame on you people of Jos for the peace you all have thrown away and denied yourself peace angry!!!!
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by edoyad(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hausa people have something like ten states and part states to them, why do they want to go and cos disharmony in forward thinking regions of the country ?
There is not one purely hausa state that can boast of state capital that's 1/4 of jos town. From sokoto, jigawa, zamfara etc, all those places are rural states, why don't they go back home to develop their rural states ?
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by etsunu(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
How do u expect a blind man to recover his material that was deliberately thrown into sea by his children? the problem with Jos has not been given its right identity. The problem is that of geographical inclination and not religious or political as it is being addresed. The peaciful Jos can only recover its glory if historical approach of resolving geographical problems is applied. Let us put all necessary reforms in place that could allow reversion of STATE status, then dismantle Plateau state and revert all settlements to their former provinces before the creation of Plateau state.
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by edoyad(m): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
The almajiris keep trooping in droves converting scenic beauty to beggarly slums, why don't they remain in bayajida kingdoms if they don't want to progress like others ?
Re: Will Jos Ever Recover It's Lost Glory? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
edoyad:

The almajiris keep trooping in droves converting scenic beauty to beggarly slums, why don't they remain in bayajida kingdoms if they don't want to progress like others ?

I wonder. And they say those Hausas and Fulanis are not Nigeria's problem.

(1) (Reply)

Why President Umaru Yar’adua Arrived Nigeria Whn The Federal Executives Travel / Us Fears 'uncertainty' Over Nigerian Leader's Return: Envoy / Where And How Is Your President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.