Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) (43248 Views)

Take Isese Festival Elsewhere, Kwara Police Urges Worshippers / Elebuibon Chides Emir Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Isese Festival In Ilorin / Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by pedrilo: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
boys will go bak to the river and eat the cow for the gods
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by matuskyoo7(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Why are we still ungrateful to God by worshipping a river

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by SkenolProp(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
ikorodu?

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by koladebrainiac(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
jamislaw:
These people and Rituals............
AS IF Muslim no dey perform ritual and christians of old. they sacrificed pigeon ram, cow and 2000 years ago they sacrificed human or something related to it
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Bimpe29: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Infidelity at its peak.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by oduastates: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fantastic.
Culture,tradition,peace and history

They did not force or brainwash anybody to donate their income and leave their families alone at home.
They are also not selling miracles, bombing, cutting people's throats in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by goodnews777: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Uncivilized ancient barbaric culture that has contributed zero to human development . Those animals have contributed more to civilization than the men and women involved.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by nextstep(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
hm..
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by oduastates: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:
Uncivilized ancient barbaric culture that has contributed zero to human development . Those animals have contributed more to civilization than the men and women involved.

You are the one with primitive and medieval thinking.

What exactly do yo do at Christmas or Salaah?
Don't you kill turkey, rams and chicken in the name of religion that lost of you confess but simply have no clue about. Littered in those books are stuffs you have no clue about.
You know what, you also eat the damn sacrifice.
Eeeoow
For example,
What does a date fruit taste like?

Killing of rams and Turkey, is it not animal sacrifice in the name of religion.
What a bunch of brainwashed and unenlightened dolts. The very reason modern Africans contribute absolutely nothing to science or humanity.
Those who practiced this culture and religion contributed

1 their own Mathematics
2 Accurate calendar

This is something very few civilisations were able to achieve.

This thread is not made for the likes of you. Go and comment on the latest scam from your pastor and Imams.
We all know that the real God in Nigerian churches and mosque (the God Nigerians really worship) is Money and Power

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by juman(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
stephenduru:

The High Chief Tajudeen Onasanya, the Odofin of Igbogbo Kingdom and Chief Jelili Oduntan, Balogun of Igbogbo led the whole process in company of several other Chiefs.

See muslims.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by jonnytad(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hmmmmmm. ...... who still do this?
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by akulaxx: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
am 100% sure that they'll mine skulls because they're afonjas grin

These Idol worshippers want us to remain with them in same country
Thats why we want Biafra to ovoid the wrath of God Almighty
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ajbabs(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
The High Chief Tajudeen Onasanya, the Odofin of Igbogbo Kingdom and Chief Jelili Oduntan, Balogun of Igbogbo led the whole process in company of several other Chiefs.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ok
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by roqrules04(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
Isese lagba.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by goodnews777: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
oduastates:

You are the one with primitive and medieval thinking.

What exactly do yo do at Christmas or Salaah.
Don't you kill turkey, rams and chicken in the name of religion that lost of you confess but simply have no clue about. Littered in those books are stuffs you have no clue about.

Those who practice my religion as well as myself have experienced the hand of the living God. With Your idols and witchcraft you have not done anything that have contributed positively to human development . Go to ISREAL , go to the western world and see what those who trusted in the living God has accomplished before deciding whether or not to continue with your dumb idols and witchcraft practices.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Ofcourse skull will be involved in the night ceremony
Oh I see
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Illiterates.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by oduastates: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:

Those who practice my religion as well as myself have experienced the hand of the living God. With Your idols and witchcraft you have not done anything that have contributed positively to human development . Go to ISREAL , go to the western world and see what those who trusted in the living God has accomplished before deciding whether or not to continue with your dumb idols and witchcraft practices.

You say it like a thoroughly brainwashed person.
What god?
Witchcraft?
You're are as blind as bat. No wonder Nigeria is a cesspit. Every single one of you are properly prepped to be sent back to slavery.
The people willing to do this already exists.
Witchcraft Ko God ni.
?As from me, from a practical note, as long as the tradition is enough to scare people from nature destroying the nature around the river, I am happy.

A good yoruba proverb

One does not complain about being looked at and be vindicated.

Meaning

One should not complain that other people are doing what one is also doing.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Cloud007: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
veacea:
Hehehehe, lemme ask Ifa if it's the god that will eat the cow or human beings cos condition hard no be joke ooooo
mortals.....touch the cow at you own peril. the conditions here sef no be moi moi oh. tongue tongue
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by supereagle(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
When will the gospel light shine on them. Better than our Igbo brother despite the full penetration of Christianity, Osu caste is still raining.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by dexmond: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
I was asked why the Islam practiced in the southwest here was peaceful, I told my interlocutor that the average Yoruba mixes both paganism and Islam. I went further to say that it was the Paganism that neutralized the violent tendency that is inherent in Islam. Now, this Isese, Badoo and others have shown clearly that Paganism is deeply rooted among the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by bigplayerz(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
The last pics tho... Did he turn the water to gulder? shocked shocked shocked Agba Awo i greet.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
No skull involved?
Are you saying cow has no skull?
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by rhektor(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
koladebrainiac:
Christians too sacrifice. they even sacrificed Human being nailed him to the cross .

Same with Islam . This one sacrifice Ram every New moon.

so no one should form holy here ABEG

Where did Christians sacrifice human? Uncle oversabi undecided
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ajarossi(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ndai na ihe mmiri chai ndi ofe
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by abilemi(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
blezzymoore:
Jesus is coming very soon
Repent
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=59692354&topic=4002927 all this religious jingoists
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by MTKbudapest(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
At least two human heads will be involved cos the afonjas i know dont do without skulls and blood.

Ojujuwa the juju worshippers

jesus is the way!
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by jide219(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
God come and save ppl,all dis south ppl tire me, one from my mama state, king dae banish his fellow citizen .all dis one dem dae appease river chain

Oba Eheneden your fada was not dis cruel
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Juliusdking(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Them no get work.make the bring dat chop fast e go better pass oooo
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by oyienootieno: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
I bet you a professional Herdman is there to control that cow if now those people will run faster than usain bolt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Led To Fracas At Oniru's Palace / Queen Ola Badirat Adeyemi Graduates From University Of Ibadan / Similar Words Between Hausa/yoruba Languages And That Of Igbo/idoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.