Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) (43249 Views)

Take Isese Festival Elsewhere, Kwara Police Urges Worshippers / Elebuibon Chides Emir Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Isese Festival In Ilorin / Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by LEXYCOM: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Christianity will get lot of work to do
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by veacea: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Cloud007:
mortals.....touch the cow at you own peril. the conditions here sef no be moi moi oh. tongue tongue

Na Buhari cause am now. See how big the cow is sef
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by thesuave10(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Afonjas and their stupidity grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by shineeye1: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
The Renaissance of Paganism in the south west!
A deceitful evil wind that potends nothing but backwardness!

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by vertueptime: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
Marxian123:
Booked...incase I have something to say.

This is pure greed

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by vertueptime: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Name of the high priest is tajudeen, pls let him change his name
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by princejayboss: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beautiful tradition in africa yet we can uphold it; hence ran to embrace the madness called christianity
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by BlueRayDick: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
See that my nigga dey down beer while others dey drink bottle water. grin
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by lawani: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
Aboruboye o!. We need more of this and not religion.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by bezimo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
In 21st century 2017. We still have such idolatrous practices..Obviously some folks have covenanted with idols to their generations unborn and have resisted the light of the glorious gospel. What a people!!!

Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god-Ps 16:4[i][/i]
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by rhektor(m): 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:
Uncivilized ancient barbaric culture that has contributed zero to human development . Those animals have contributed more to civilization than the men and women involved.

Sometimes when I read comments here on nairaland I pity the future of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by MEILYN(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
blezzymoore:
For God so loved d world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life
I hate people like you... Leave these people to their religion.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Misplacement of priority, foolishness. "Kaf Faf Rah" Alaimoore Olohun, Ajebo...
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by MEILYN(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:
Uncivilized ancient barbaric culture that has contributed zero to human development . Those animals have contributed more to civilization than the men and women involved.
How has Christianity helped Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
super story, they should tell us the end,the cow is just to deceive gullible Nigerians the cow is just a cover up, those little children in white are the real sacrifice, who doesn't know that Yoruba gods do not accept animal blood but human blood... this oily soup people self .... TUFIAKWA
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by akigbemaru: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
cescky:
angry

we leave in spiritual world yes
but other continents are positive and use the power of faith to advance and indeed have landed on the moon and back

we are sacrificing to a diety, that cant save use from mosquitoes etc thats been eliminated from some western nations.

see one of the reasons why nigeria/africa can never prosper?...its these things that are fighting the backward black man

it still beats me why there is no death penalty for ritualist...i see the reason
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Marxian123:
Booked...incase I have something to say.
Oya come n say something.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
IKORODU AGAAAIIIIN!!!

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Tobiemmanuel007: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
I won type but my keyboard no gree type may be next time
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by tintingz(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:

Those who practice my religion as well as myself have experienced the hand of the living God. With Your idols and witchcraft you have not done anything that have contributed positively to human development . Go to ISREAL , go to the western world and see what those who trusted in the living God has accomplished before deciding whether or not to continue with your dumb idols and witchcraft practices.
Shut up and stop over hyping your Jewish deity. Go and read about Yahweh the god of war and know he's a deity in polytheistic Hebrew pantheon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

The western world are leaving Christianity for atheism, China, Japan don't worship your god and they are developing their country, why not focus on Nigeria/Nigerians that worship Jewish and Arabian gods, what has these gods done to make life better?

Jesus was even a sacrifice to Yahweh, human sacrifice.

You won't be saying this rubbish if the colonial slave masters didn't brainwash your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:

Those who practice my religion as well as myself have experienced the hand of the living God. With Your idols and witchcraft you have not done anything that have contributed positively to human development . Go to ISREAL , go to the western world and see what those who trusted in the living God has accomplished before deciding whether or not to continue with your dumb idols and witchcraft practices.

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world. The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with "faith" or "belief system", but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions
I guess you imagine your forefathers are in hell?? I always wonder why it's always Christians and Muslims that want to 'convert' people, yet the 'pegans' never carry microphone or try to convince you to join, you claim to be spiritual yet you can't enter the forest and cure yourself with herbs, you are wasting wisdom handed down by your ancestors, you don't have to worship idols but respect the hidden wisdom inherent.
If you can't separate a failed government to religion then keep being a sheep

Yourba proverb: 'A child that sees herbs would call it vegetables' grin

1 Like

Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by davss02(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
koladebrainiac:
Christians too sacrifice. they even sacrificed Human being nailed him to the cross .

Same with Islam . This one sacrifice Ram every New moon.

so no one should form holy here ABEG

The savior of the world
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by visiontee(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Robbin7:
This one make me laff, after I don laff I go comment
Issokay
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
I can sight someone's boss on that procession! Who was allowed to take thoz pishures

...there's one thing i think they shld stop doing during this festival. All those 'cults' & masquerades usually assemble in a school here in igbogbo( i think Oriwu college) . I dnt know why they cant look for somewhere else to be holding their meetings. From the info i got they said that school's site was their original meeting place before the school was built.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
D same river some churches take their people to for baptism undecided i left a church after undergoin their freshers class when i heard they wl baptise us in one of thoz rivers...
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by oduastates: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
goodnews777:

Funny enough , I have numerous people , spanning almost all the races and continents on my contact list .
About the only continent I would need to book an hotel if I visited is Australia.
Almost all could not find your "Book of Genesis"( stolen for ancient Egyptian religion) in the bible .
Most have not seen a bible in their life . Yet , even yet they are Godlier than almost all the so called Nigerian christains .
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by ja2ken(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
The civilized pple creating some pseudo code.. grin grin
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by cooljude(m): 5:44am On Aug 22, 2017
rhektor:

Where did Christians sacrifice human? Uncle oversabi undecided

the crucification and death of Jesus and it's reenacted any time you receive communion.
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by rhektor(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2017
cooljude:

the crucification and death of Jesus and it's reenacted any time you receive communion.

You're wrong sir, those who crucified Jesus weren't Christians, in fact Christians are warned not to crucify him again. What Christians does at communion is remembering his death not re-crucifying him
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by Ajayi6454: 7:12am On Aug 22, 2017
Who say all Nigerian are not religious fanatics, leave them, they are not use human for sacrifice. Let each individual practice her own right
Re: 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) by cooljude(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2017
rhektor:

You're wrong sir, those who crucified Jesus weren't Christians, in fact Christians are warned not to crucify him again. What Christians does at communion is remembering his death not re-crucifying him

Mtcheew. Don't even go there with me. It is said that Jesus died for the sins of the world, his death atoned man from sin. That is the greatest form of sacrifice GOD made for man by giving off his only begotten son.

The Eucharist/holy communion is a celebration of his death and resurrection as the living and eternal sacrifice for mans redemption.

So, if you don't know why things are done ask questions. religion is religion irrespective of its denomination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Led To Fracas At Oniru's Palace / Queen Ola Badirat Adeyemi Graduates From University Of Ibadan / Similar Words Between Hausa/yoruba Languages And That Of Igbo/idoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.