Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery (2054 Views)

21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
hello everyone ever since Aliko Dangote Africa's richest man announced his plans to build a refinery in lekki i have been keenly following his actions. his recent interview with bloomberg and the pictures posted here on nairaland showing movement of equipment for the refinery to the site have made me happy and excited about the culmination of this ambitious project.

however i have a few questions about the project and how it would impact on the nigerian economy. would highly appreciate the contributions of knowledgeable nairalanders and experts who have inside knowledge of the nigerian oil and gas industry with all it's complexities.

1. When the refinery gets up and running (by God's grace!) how soon will that lead to a complete end to fuel importation a month, two?

2. will the price of fuel products eg petrol, diesel, kerosene etc reduce? if so what realistic price range can nigerians expect.

3. the refinery is located in lekki how then will the refined products be transported? i'm asking this question from a transport point of view because of the usual gridlock that occurs around that lekki area. or will a pipeline be constructed from the lekki axis to the apapa tank farms.

4. also related how will the refinery be able to access it's raw crude considering the threats of sabotage, militancy and volatility of the niger-delta area?

5. apart from earning us foreign exchange and also stopping us wasting scarce dollars on importation of petroleum products what other multiplier benefits will come out from the set up of this refinery?

these are the few questions i have for now. please feel free to contribute your own insights or questions if i missed any out

cc 989900, tonyebarcanista, omenka, sarrki, theGoodjoe, obailala, jpphilips and any other moniker i erroneously omitted your contributions to this topic would be highly appreciated and welcome thanks
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by UNIQUELADY1: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
WAIT TILL DEN
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by jpphilips(m): 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
1. When the refinery gets up and running (by God's grace!) how soon will that lead to a complete end to fuel importation a month, two?

The Nigerian oil minister said its kicking off in 2018, in sync with Dangote's test run plans, while every maiden project comes with its unique challenges, its quite ambitious to say its a rubber stamp date of resumption, we can only hope for the best.

2. will the price of fuel products eg petrol, diesel, kerosene etc reduce? if so what realistic price range can nigerians expect.

Dangote while he is bound by some level of domestic supply obligations his target market is the continental and global markets so don't raise your hopes yet.
On the flip side, his entry will influence some dynamics in the supply chain, Nigeria will conserve forex otherwise used to import products, Naira will strengthen and the flood gates of importation will start again.
The government may decide to ban such imports outrightly or make it difficult to access forex for that purpose, either ways, the whole monopoly arguement will start again, bla bla bla, Dangote will resist the pms 145 naira band, the marketers will strike for inclusion those are serious grey areas one can't just predict at this point. As expected, the prices are supposed to go down no doubt but in a capitalist economy, you cant be too sure.

3. the refinery is located in lekki how then will the refined products be transported? i'm asking this question from a transport point of view because of the usual gridlock that occurs around that lekki area. or will a pipeline be constructed from the lekki axis to the apapa tank farms.

While it is expected that a refinery of that magnitude will maintain a network of pipelines linking its surface storages nationwide, I think such projects wont commence immediately, perhaps 2-3yrs, from the little layout I ve seen of the refinery, my best guess is that he will rely more on Vessels for depot shipment through the water ways, he wouldn't want much of NUPENG wahala so I equally expect him to employ the Sino truck strategy for his tankers.

4. also related how will the refinery be able to access it's raw crude considering the threats of sabotage, militancy and volatility of the niger-delta area?

I think in the interim he may rely on Niger delta oil, however, he has stakes in several offshore oil blocks esp OML 315 and our Jdz. Crude price is low, he can afford to buy oil anywhere in the world including our production partners running out of supply contracts, feedstock isn't a problem.

5. apart from earning us foreign exchange and also stopping us wasting scarce dollars on importation of petroleum products what other multiplier benefits will come out from the set up of this refinery?

I am not sure what equity we contributed to earn us the so called forex, I know he was given loads of concessions to facilitate that project, however, if those concessions were monetized, I have no clue, perhaps in the future he may be forced to accept a form of domestic supply obligation.
Like you said, government intend to conserve forex not earn at this point, we may decide to utilize the refinery derivatives to grow other sectors to earn forex.
Its a chain reaction from direct to indirect jobs, servicing contractors, supply chain effect, its gonna be the next boom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by 989900: 7:42am On Aug 22, 2017
Jpphilips killed it already.

In addition, the refinery already has this massive underwater pipelines.
We should expect an avalanche of private refineries springing up from every corner of the country : Nigerians and 'copy cat' -- some other private refineries are already in the works already. The probability of Nigeria producing excess of 1m barrels per day in 2-3 years.

Translates to:

*Forex conservation and Forex earnings from refined products exports and fertilizer: stronger Naira.
*Increased GDP.
*Jobs.
*More FDIs.
*Power supply (it would likely take care of Lagos and environs 24*7).
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by jpphilips(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2017
989900:
Jpphilips killed it already.

In addition, the refinery already has this massive underwater pipelines.
We should expect an avalanche of private refineries springing up from every corner of the country : Nigerians and 'copy cat' -- some other private refineries are already in the works already. The probability of Nigeria producing excess of 1m barrels per day in 2-3 years.

Translates to:

*Forex conservation and Forex earnings from refined products exports and fertilizer: stronger Naira.
*Increased GDP.
*Jobs.
*More FDIs.
*Power supply (it would likely take care of Lagos and environs 24*7).

Massive subsea pipelines? that's quick but it doesn't explain much, they could be offshore feed stock or Quay lines , they could be export lines, they could be loading terminal lines, it's too early to speculate what he intends to use the lines for.
I won't borrow your "copy cat" terminology, the buisness environment here is way too risky hence smart investors are always waiting for the money bags to take the first plunge, if they succeed, others can follow, it's a smart buisness strategy, the investment cost is huge, if it fails you are fvcked, guys like Dangote can absorb those shocks, so I agree, there will be new entrants if Dangote succeeds from an economics point of view, from a capitalist point of view, who likes competition? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by 989900: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
jpphilips:

Massive subsea pipelines? that's quick but it doesn't explain much, they could be offshore feed stock or Quay lines , they could be export lines, they could be loading terminal lines, it's too early to speculate what he intends to use the lines for.
I won't borrow your "copy cat" terminology, the buisness environment here is way too risky hence smart investors are always waiting for the money bags to take the first plunge, if they succeed, others can follow, it's a smart buisness strategy, the investment cost is huge, if it fails you are fvcked, guys like Dangote can absorb those shocks, so I agree, there will be new entrants if Dangote succeeds from an economics point of view, from a capitalist point of view, who likes competition? grin grin

Gas pipelines from the ND to Lagos, to the WAfrican Gas supply lines I heard.

Crude supply will likely be vessels, as those can come from anywhere.

There are already a few new private refineries: Blooming faith, Hong Kong, is embarking on a 200,000 BPD refinery in Akwa Ibom, Capital oil wants to build a 200,000 BPD on Snake Island, Lagos. Another similar one from Petrolex is coming up in Odogbolu,Ogun state (300-500,000 BPD . . . not sure), plus a few modular ones littered around.

Then our moribund ones might just go PPP soon.
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by ultron12345: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
chrisooblog:
hello everyone ever since Aliko Dangote Africa's richest man announced his plans to build a refinery in lekki i have been keenly following his actions. his recent interview with bloomberg and the pictures posted here on nairaland showing movement of equipment for the refinery to the site have made me happy and excited about the culmination of this ambitious project.

however i have a few questions about the project and how it would impact on the nigerian economy. would highly appreciate the contributions of knowledgeable nairalanders and experts who have inside knowledge of the nigerian oil and gas industry with all it's complexities.

these are the few questions i have for now. please feel free to contribute your own insights or questions if i missed any out

cc 989900, tonyebarcanista, omenka, sarrki, theGoodjoe, obailala, jpphilips and any other moniker i erroneously omitted your contributions to this topic would be highly appreciated and welcome thanks
1- the refinery has a capacity of 650k barrels per day. Nigerian daily consumption can be gotten from 450k barrels. So at full capacity, 70% of output will meet nigerias demand while the rest will be for export. But we can be sure that the refinery will not start at full capacity, it might start at between 65-80% capacity to reach full capacity maybe in not more than 2 months, so we can be sure that at no matter the capacity it starts, petroleum product imports will reduce to almost zero or even zero itself. But maximum, 2 months after that, dangote will be an exporter of petroleum products.

2-considering the low price of crude, reduction in logistics costs and economies of scale the refinery will enjoy, the production costs will definitely be less which should translate to a reduced price of petroleum products. If they decide to keep margins low, petrol should in the the region of N80-N95. However, since he is the only one in the market, he can choose to sell at any price he likes, 90, 120, 145, 300, 500 or even N1000 per liter. It will then be up to investors to build their own refineries to compete with him. The exact price cannot be determined now as it will depend on wether imports are banned, government regulation and other factors. We just have to wait till then.

3-There are massive storage facilities there in the refinery which would load into tankers. The entire place has already been planned to receive the heavy traffic of tankers coming to load products. I watched an interview on tv where a lagos state govt official said that only tankers supplying to lagos would enter the main Lagos town, the rest would pass from the refinery directly into Ogun state. I am not familiar with the road network around the area so I can't particularly say where tankers would pass, but I am sure all tankers will load at the refinery storage facility and provisions are on ground to accept the traffic.

4-crude will be sourced from the Niger delta, but if they start behaving funny, facilities are already under construction for the import of crude from other countries.
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by gnykelly(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
jpphilips:

I won't borrow your "copy cat" terminology, the buisness environment here is way too risky hence smart investors are always waiting for the money bags to take the first plunge, if they succeed, others can follow, it's a smart buisness strategy, the investment cost is huge, if it fails you are fvcked, guys like[b] Dangote can absorb those shocks[/b], so I agree, there will be new entrants if Dangote succeeds from an economics point of view, from a capitalist point of view, who likes competition? grin grin

he can't really absolve those shock his quota of the pie is 50%. and he struggled to contribute.

the answer to question 4

is that he built a massive subsea pipeline down to the niger-delta should in case it get blown off the refinery was build not only to refine sweet crude that nigeria have in abundance but can also refine Angolan crude which is a stone throw to lagos.
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
thanks for the enlightening answers. my take away from your post is one of cautious (extreme i might add) grin optimism. yes dangote is a business man who will want to make his money back but like you suggested fg might put pressure on him to ease up on the capitalism abit. one good thing also about this refinery is that the govt will no longer have an excuse to hang on those 4 money black holes we call refineries

jpphilips:

The Nigerian oil minister said its kicking off in 2018, in sync with Dangote's test run plans, while every maiden project comes with its unique challenges, its quite ambitious to say its a rubber stamp date of resumption, we can only hope for the best.

Dangote while he is bound by some level of domestic supply obligations his target market is the continental and global markets so don't raise your hopes yet.
On the flip side, his entry will influence some dynamics in the supply chain, Nigeria will conserve forex otherwise used to import products, Naira will strengthen and the flood gates of importation will start again.
The government may decide to ban such imports outrightly or make it difficult to access forex for that purpose, either ways, the whole monopoly arguement will start again, bla bla bla, Dangote will resist the pms 145 naira band, the marketers will strike for inclusion those are serious grey areas one can't just predict at this point. As expected, the prices are supposed to go down no doubt but in a capitalist economy, you cant be too sure.

While it is expected that a refinery of that magnitude will maintain a network of pipelines linking its surface storages nationwide, I think such projects wont commence immediately, perhaps 2-3yrs, from the little layout I ve seen of the refinery, my best guess is that he will rely more on Vessels for depot shipment through the water ways, he wouldn't want much of NUPENG wahala so I equally expect him to employ the Sino truck strategy for his tankers.

I think in the interim he may rely on Niger delta oil, however, he has stakes in several offshore oil blocks esp OML 315 and our Jdz. Crude price is low, he can afford to buy oil anywhere in the world including our production partners running out of supply contracts, feedstock isn't a problem.

I am not sure what equity we contributed to earn us the so called forex, I know he was given loads of concessions to facilitate that project, however, if those concessions were monetized, I have no clue, perhaps in the future he may be forced to accept a form of domestic supply obligation.
Like you said, government intend to conserve forex not earn at this point, we may decide to utilize the refinery derivatives to grow other sectors to earn forex.
Its a chain reaction from direct to indirect jobs, servicing contractors, supply chain effect, its gonna be the next boom.

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by ayoncox: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
A Swiss company is already building the second largest Refinery after Dangote Refinery same in lagos. A Retired Naval Officer is also building a small scale refinery. From what I heard, other two to three are already springing up between Lagos, Ogun and others in Akwa Ibom. Dangote will have to go international, competitors are already rising. Anyway the market is large in Africa
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
thank you. hope it works out the way you suggested would really add a necessary adrenaline boost to our economy

ultron12345:

1- the refinery has a capacity of 650k barrels per day. Nigerian daily consumption can be gotten from 450k barrels. So at full capacity, 70% of output will meet nigerias demand while the rest will be for export. But we can be sure that the refinery will not start at full capacity, it might start at between 65-80% capacity to reach full capacity maybe in not more than 2 months, so we can be sure that at no matter the capacity it starts, petroleum product imports will reduce to almost zero or even zero itself. But maximum, 2 months after that, dangote will be an exporter of petroleum products.

2-considering the low price of crude, reduction in logistics costs and economies of scale the refinery will enjoy, the production costs will definitely be less which should translate to a reduced price of petroleum products. If they decide to keep margins low, petrol should in the the region of N80-N95. However, since he is the only one in the market, he can choose to sell at any price he likes, 90, 120, 145, 300, 500 or even N1000 per liter. It will then be up to investors to build their own refineries to compete with him. The exact price cannot be determined now as it will depend on wether imports are banned, government regulation and other factors. We just have to wait till then.

3-There are massive storage facilities there in the refinery which would load into tankers. The entire place has already been planned to receive the heavy traffic of tankers coming to load products. I watched an interview on tv where a lagos state govt official said that only tankers supplying to lagos would enter the main Lagos town, the rest would pass from the refinery directly into Ogun state. I am not familiar with the road network around the area so I can't particularly say where tankers would pass, but I am sure all tankers will load at the refinery storage facility and provisions are on ground to accept the traffic.

4-crude will be sourced from the Niger delta, but if they start behaving funny, facilities are already under construction for the import of crude from other countries.

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by jpphilips(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
gnykelly:

he can't really absolve those shock his quota of the pie is 50%. and he struggled to contribute.

the answer to question 4

is that he built a massive subsea pipeline down to the niger-delta should in case it get blown off the refinery was build not only to refine sweet crude that nigeria have in abundance but can also refine Angolan crude which is a stone throw to lagos.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by gnykelly(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

what is the meaning of this new code grin grin
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Happy New Year everyone please I would appreciate if you could spare some time to read this article I put the link below. Would kindly appreciate your opinion on the questions raised in the article in connection to the question I raised some years back about how the Refinery would impact on the Nigerian economy.

https://www.theafricareport.com/21854/behind-the-hype-is-dangotes-refinery-a-game-changer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by 989900: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2020
chrisooblog:
Happy New Year everyone please I would appreciate if you could spare some time to read this article I put the link below. Would kindly appreciate your opinion on the questions raised in the article in connection to the question I raised some years back about how the Refinery would impact on the Nigerian economy.

https://www.theafricareport.com/21854/behind-the-hype-is-dangotes-refinery-a-game-changer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Oh, OK . . . I'll have a look as soon as free.
Thanks.
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by obailala(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2020
chrisooblog:

jpphilips and ultron12345 have already done great justice to this thread.

Nigeria currently spends between $6-7 billion annually importing petroleum product. When ramped to full capacity, the 650,000bpd Dangote refinery can produce over 50million litres of petrol per day, this is in addition to millions of litres of diesel, kerosene, aviation fuel daily. Essentially when at full production, Dangote refinery can meet more than 100% of Nigeria's refined products' demand.

In addition to Dangote, there are over 40 other private mushroom refineries being built currently which would also add to Nigeria's refining capacity (when dangote goes live, owners of these other refineries will be forced to speed up construction). A major benefit of all these is that Nigeria will instantly grow from net importer to net exporter of refined products. A point to note - A barrel of crude may sell for $55 today, but if that barrel is refined to finished products before being sold, Nigeria could make over $200 from a single barrel of crude. In essence, the economic benefits of selling finished products as opposed to just raw material is immense.

Currently, refined product import gulps over 50% of Nigeria's forex earnings which could have been used for other essentials. With $6-7bn in forex saved annually, and some extra forex being made from net exportation of finished products, the effect on the value of the Naira cannot be overemphasised; the CBN could easily return the Naira to N200/$ if it so pleases, although I doubt they will ever want to do that because it will make no economic sense (i.e. forcefully return us to lazy importation days).

Regarding transportation for both crude and refined products to/from the Dangote site, huge pipelines are currently being built as part of the project. Huge jetties are also in place for import/export of crude/finished products by sea. Dangote would most likely buy Nigerian crude, but if there are hitches, I believe there must be alternative arrangements to source crude from elsewhere.

Finally, one area I hold a contrary opinion to many is in the final pricing. Dangote will not sell petrol for less than N145, I doubt he would sell for anything less than N200 and I would explain why I think so. Dangote will not get crude for free, he will have to pay the global going rate for crude. If he pays the global rate, he will obviously make far more money if he sells his products to foreign buyers as opposed to locally. So why exactly should he sell for N145 locally and lose potential profits?

And another prediction I have is that the moment Dangote refinery is operational and the moment the NNPC no longer needs to import fuel, the Nigerian government would finally detegulate the downstream sector fully, giving Dangote (and the other smart opportunists) the free hand to fix prices and fleece Nigerians. Dangote would easily become richer than the entire nation.
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by iyke648(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
The question we should be asking is when likely the refinery will commence operation?
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thank you for your informed analysis I found it very enlightening. On the issue of where dangote would get his crude oil and price he will buy it for the article stated that it seems nnpc will give him a special allocation of 450000-470000 barrels of crude. However we don't know if they will sell it to him at international price.

I also expect the new refinery to open us up to the African Market through the recently signed acfta Trade act.

author=obailala post=85700323]
jpphilips and ultron12345 have already done great justice to this thread.

Nigeria currently spends between $6-7 billion annually importing petroleum product. When ramped to full capacity, the 650,000bpd Dangote refinery can produce over 50million litres of petrol per day, this is in addition to millions of litres of diesel, kerosene, aviation fuel daily. Essentially when at full production, Dangote refinery can meet more than 100% of Nigeria's refined products' demand.

In addition to Dangote, there are over 40 other private mushroom refineries being built currently which would also add to Nigeria's refining capacity (when dangote goes live, owners of these other refineries will be forced to speed up construction). A major benefit of all these is that Nigeria will instantly grow from net importer to net exporter of refined products. A point to note - A barrel of crude may sell for $55 today, but if that barrel is refined to finished products before being sold, Nigeria could make over $200 from a single barrel of crude. In essence, the economic benefits of selling finished products as opposed to just raw material is immense.

Currently, refined product import gulps over 50% of Nigeria's forex earnings which could have been used for other essentials. With $6-7bn in forex saved annually, and some extra forex being made from net exportation of finished products, the effect on the value of the Naira cannot be overemphasised; the CBN could easily return the Naira to N200/$ if it so pleases, although I doubt they will ever want to do that because it will make no economic sense (i.e. forcefully return us to lazy importation days).

Regarding transportation for both crude and refined products to/from the Dangote site, huge pipelines are currently being built as part of the project. Huge jetties are also in place for import/export of crude/finished products by sea. Dangote would most likely buy Nigerian crude, but if there are hitches, I believe there must be alternative arrangements to source crude from elsewhere.

Finally, one area I hold a contrary opinion to many is in the final pricing. Dangote will not sell petrol for less than N145, I doubt he would sell for anything less than N200 and I would explain why I think so. Dangote will not get crude for free, he will have to pay the global going rate for crude. If he pays the global rate, he will obviously make far more money if he sells his products to foreign buyers as opposed to locally. So why exactly should he sell for N145 locally and lose potential profits?

And another prediction I have is that the moment Dangote refinery is operational and the moment the NNPC no longer needs to import fuel, the Nigerian government would finally detegulate the downstream sector fully, giving Dangote (and the other smart opportunists) the free hand to fix prices and fleece Nigerians. Dangote would easily become richer than the entire nation.

[/quote]
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by chrisooblog: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
iyke648:
The question we should be asking is when likely the refinery will commence operation?
last I heard next year
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by iyke648(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
last I heard next year
Lol next year. When they're still on mechanical erection and installation not to talk of piping and instrumentation. We should just put our hope 5 years from now
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by tck2000(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by gfregt: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES:

# Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to USA, EUROPE, Canada etc within 2weeks without spending a dime on ANY agent.

#Discover the secrets how I export Bitter Kola, Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Dried Fish, Pepper, and other Agro allied products to USA, UK, Canada, etc from the comfort of my Home.

#One on One Practical Training on: 1.Website Design and 2. Mini Importation Business

#National Open University:Admission, Tma, Past Questions, Project and Course Materials

For more details kindly check my signature
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by Triniti(m): 5:56am On Jan 17, 2022
chrisooblog:

moniker i erroneously omitted your contributions to this topic would be highly appreciated and welcome thanks
Re: Some Questions About Dangote's New Refinery by Triniti(m): 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2022
chrisooblog:
last I heard next year

(1) (Reply)

Vesssels And Barges For Hire / NESTOIL AVIATION Hangar In Mmia(photos) / How I Received 1800USDT Into My Binance Account Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.