Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today (25986 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States / Dangote Refinery To Cut Ghana’s Fuel Imports And Reduce Pump Price / Muhammadu Buhari International Market, Karu, Nasarawa State To Be Commissioned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by herkeem: 8:07am On May 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5CmflKPjY

The completion of the Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals in Lagos State is a groundbreaking event, one that brings great pride to Nigeria, with great prospects of helping the nation experience transformations in the petroleum sector.

President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday commission the plant which is arguably Africa’s biggest oil refinery and the worlds biggest simple-train facility.

There is no doubt that this venture will create more employment opportunities for Nigeria’s teeming population.
Beyond this, here are 19 facts about the refinery that everyone interested should know.

1. It is located in Ibeju, Lagos, Covering a land area of approximately 2,635 hectares.

2. World’s Largest Single-Train 650,000 barrels per day Petroleum Refinery with 900 KTPA Polypropylene Plant.

3. The Refinery is powered by a 435 MW Power Plant.
4. At full capacity, it can meet 100% of the Nigerian requirement of all refined products and also have surplus for export.

5. Designed for 100% Nigerian Crude with flexibility to process other crudes.

6. Self-sufficient marine facility with ability for freight optimisation. Largest single order of 5 SPMs anywhere in the world.

7. Diesel & gasoline from the refinery will conform to Euro V specifications.
8. The refinery design complies with World Bank, US EPA, European emission norms and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms.

9. It incorporates state-of-the-art technology.

10. It is designed to process large variety of crudes including many of the African Crudes, some of the Middle Eastern Crudes and the US Light Tight Oil.

11. About 65 million cubic metres of sand dredged, costing approximately €300 million, using the world’s largest dredgers.
12. Over 1,200 units of various equipment were bought to enhance the local capacity for site works.

13. Dangote Group bought 332 cranes to build up equipment installation capacity.

14. Also built is the world’s largest granite quarry to supply coarse aggregate, stone column material, stone base, stone dust & material for break water (10 million tonnes per year production capacity).

15. In a bid to bring over dimensional cargoes close to the site directly, Dangote Group had to developed a port and constructed two quays with a load bearing capacity of 25 tonnes/sq metre.

16. Constructed two more quays in the port with a capacity to handle up to Panamax vessels to export, two quays to handle liquid cargoes.

17. The port will have 6 quays, including a roll-on/roll-off quay.

18. In the course of the civil works, 700 piles were drilled on some days, with total number of piles up to 250,000.

19. It has 177 tanks of 4.742 billion litres capacity

20. Dangote is one of the few companies in the world executing a Petroleum Refinery and a Petrochemical complex directly as an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Contractor.

21. Training of 900 young engineers in refinery operations abroad. Mechanical Engineers trained in the GE University in Italy. Process engineers trained by Honeywell/UOP for six months.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/21/groundbreaker-21-facts-about-dangote-refinery-to-be-commissioned-on-monday/

322 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by herkeem: 8:07am On May 22, 2023
This is superb. God bless Nigeria.

229 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by FreeStuffsNG: 8:09am On May 22, 2023
Awesome!! Another Legacy of President Muhammadu Buhari.
May God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
May God bless Dangote.
May God bless Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by money121(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2023
Dangote, Dangote
Dangote still dey find money o
I no dey, I no dey
I no dey sleep on the money o
Who I be?
Who I be?
Wey make I no go find money o
I no dey send anybody o
Me I dey hustle gan gan

PLEASE PATRONIZE MY ROOFING BUSINESS OOO
EDAKUN

WHATSAPP 08085310359 FOR quality Roofing sheet

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by insidelife22(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2023
I saW that refinery when I went to do something at pinnacle oil and Gas depot at Ibeju lekki.quite impressive.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Danisaint112(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2023
Nice development. Congratulations.

If the government would also join hands together to empower Innoson like this without having to add sentiments to it, setting aside tribalism too, then Nigeria wouldn't need to buy any kind of vehicle abroad.

If the government would also look into Ajaokuta steel mill which is near final stage of completion in Kogi state then we won't need to be importing steel from abroad.

Nigerians are suppose to be living like mini kings, Nigeria as a country is suppose to be first choice tour destinatiom in Africa and top beautiful destination for visit for many but the bad politicians elected by tribal bigots is the problem.

Politicians are not the major problem. The major problem is the people. Until we realise this Nigeria will never have the progress she or her citizen desires rather very little to no progress (stagnancy).

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Okwyjesus(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2023
This is aa game changer.

If our economy don't turnaround after now then l will draw my conclusion.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Jostoman: 8:25am On May 22, 2023
Congratulation to Dangote

Congratulation to Nigeria

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by herkeem: 8:25am On May 22, 2023
Okwyjesus:
This is aa game changer.

If our economy don't turnaround after now then l will draw my conclusion.
I pray it helps move the economy forward....

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by christejames(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2023
Congratulations to all capitalists

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by freemanq(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2023
How can an individual build a refinery in few years, while the federal government can't maintain the old ones nor build new ones. Something is not right

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by BarrElChapo(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2023
22nd Fact

It is a yet to be completed and non functioning project to be commissioned 😀

14 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2023
Nice
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by slawomir: 10:43am On May 22, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by mayo47(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2023
Another Legacy ko! Na Buhari give Dangote money wey use build am. If he was looking for Legacy they would have gone to revive the refineries in Warri, Kaduna & PH

FreeStuffsNG:
May God bless Dangote.

17 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by tolue42(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by safarilove(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2023
Damn! More money will be pumped into the economy but ends up in the pocket of some greedy ones..

Visit my signature and say goodbye to poverty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Orathird: 10:44am On May 22, 2023
Yu
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by olahero(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2023
God is greater.

Nigeria shall be great in sha Allah.

Dangote Refinery is here to stay, Nigeria haters should be happy as well, things will definitely change for good in sha Allah.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by flexyrule(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2023
Nice one
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by LeopardX: 10:45am On May 22, 2023
Good one.
I hope it favours Nigeria and Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by mayo47(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2023
How tribe take enter the talk! Or how do you know he's Igbo. He isnt far from the truth

darkwan:

stop talkin nonesense....you igbos even have more worser leaders....
a ol region was imposed with sit at home and your leaders cant do shi shi about it....

mouth leaders....yeye....

5 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Ykc2(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2023
freemanq:
How can an individual build a refinery in few years, while the federal government can't maintain the old ones nor build new ones. Something is not right
dangote is amongst the cabals ruling us,in America dangote by now will be in prison

4 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Houseofglam7(f): 10:47am On May 22, 2023
undecided
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Orathird: 10:47am On May 22, 2023
darkwan:

stop talkin nonesense....you igbos even have more worser leaders....
a ol region was imposed with sit at home and your leaders cant do shi shi about it....

mouth leaders....yeye....

You still want to squeeze in Tribalism into a beautiful write up. Tufiakwa

He took his time to explain how we can grow as a nation. All you saw was Igbos.

14 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Orathird: 10:48am On May 22, 2023
Ykc2:
dangote is amongst the cabals ruling us,in America dangote by now will in prison

Why?

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Truthshscrazy: 10:48am On May 22, 2023
Sweet
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by Emola12(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
May God bless Dangote.
upon all the whole money wey BUHARI go borrow from China he can not do something like dis and you say God bless buhari you dey smoke weed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today by easzypeaszy(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2023
Mk we start see benefit frst..anytin outside dis na Otubente fr local lik me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire / Man Shares Photos Of The Money He Was Able To Save In His Piggy Bank / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.