Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Local Vendors At War With Jumia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Local Vendors At War With Jumia (1864 Views)

Enjoy ₦ 1,000 Off With Jumia Free Shopping Voucher / My Sore Experience With Jumia Affiliate Program / Share Your Worst Experience With Jumia Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Vendors At War With Jumia by blessingee: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Reports reaching us have it that Local Vendors of Jumia are currently staging a social media war with the management of Jumia to protest what they call introduction of harsh policies.

According to one of the merchants who pleaded anonymity, Jumia’s management introduce an international rivalry known as Jumia Global whop sell fake items directly from China into Nigeria hereby making Local Vendors lose visibility with a resultant effect of poor sales.

He also complained that one of the policies is the reason they now pay heavily for packaging materials which was offered to vendors at little or no cost. In addition to this, vendors also now jointly pay shipping fees with customers.

Another Vendor who chose to be identified as Ade Smart said “Jumia is killing our business, how can we be made to compete with Chinese merchants, it is not done anywhere. They have this lee-way because our government does not regulate trade properly”

The angry vendors took the fight to twitter and created an harsh-tag #NoLocalVendorsNoJumia #notoharshpolicies

We hope this is resolved before it gets out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by Evablizin(f): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin

Team

#NoLocalVendorsNoJumia#

Their Fada oh sowie Their Dad

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by ijobaooorun(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
What is wrong this week....
everybody just dry vex

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by sirusX(m): 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
ijobaooorun:
What is wrong this week....
everybody just dry vex

No be small matter...everyday hustle no be beans
coupled with people trying to make things worse, despite the economic crises

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by Greatzeus(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Too much Chinese counterfeit product on Jumia. Just to make more product.

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by blessingee: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2017
More details emerging on this news soon. Watch this space!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by Humblega(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2017
Jumia is a very good platforms with bad polices....

All they do is introducing policies without considering. Just focusing on profits.....
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by dvdami(m): 10:46am On Aug 22, 2017
Jumia is gradually losing its prestige with both buyers and sellers. Is this the beginning of the end?
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by yinotinto(f): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2017
Jumia has crossed the line, choosing Chinese market over Nigeria? Too bad. All their policies are killing local vendors. From overrated packaging materials to sharing shipping fee, to ridiculous penalties, Jumia, Jumia, Jumia, how many times did I call u? Ur koboko is inside kerosene�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by biggerboyc(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
Who sees this as a business idea, if i have money, i'll just open my own jumia and invite vendor, also promote the site onlybfor local vendor, shikena, jumia just died artifical death
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by talk2archy: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2017
Lalastiklala please on behalf of my fellow protesters, kindly move this post to the front page please, nnegi anwula. Thank you.
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by eezeribe(m): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
talk2archy:
Lalastiklala please on behalf of my fellow protesters, kindly move this post to the front page please, nnegi anwula. Thank you.
It's lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by blessingee: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
It will make sense if the mods can move this to front page. Lalasticlala, help the voiceless pls!

cc lalasticlala,mynd44
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by Humblega(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
I pray it reaches front page

Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by grooga(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Jumia is becoming increasingly greedy as they gain more popularity. I have been buying shoes from them for sometime now, after i found same product I bought from Amazon cheaper on their site. I somehow found out the owner of the item i have patronized more after She sneaked her card into one of my orders. She has opened her own website now and i communicate with her often. She informed me that the people are Jumia are quite insensitive to their vendors and charge between 15-30% commission on sales, while these Global sellers are charged less than 10%...She also confided in me that some how without knowing it, Jumia is helping launder dirty money into Nigeria, because items are being sold sometimes without reasonable profit by the global vendors. I have long ago stopped patronizing Jumia after these revelations.
Re: Local Vendors At War With Jumia by blessingee: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2017
grooga:
Jumia is becoming increasingly greedy as they gain more popularity. I have been buying shoes from them for sometime now, after i found same product I bought from Amazon cheaper on their site. I somehow found out the owner of the item i have patronized more after She sneaked her card into one of my orders. She has opened her own website now and i communicate with her often. She informed me that the people are Jumia are quite insensitive to their vendors and charge between 15-30% commission on sales, while these Global sellers are charged less than 10%...She also confided in me that some how without knowing it, Jumia is helping launder dirty money into Nigeria, because items are being sold sometimes without reasonable profit by the global vendors. I have long ago stopped patronizing Jumia after these revelations.

You are very correct. Its just sad. No govt regulation, hence the impunity!

(1) (Reply)

Seriously In Need Of Customized School Cardigan. / Use Your Wealth To Help The Poor, Tayo Demola Advises Oyedepo / New Dangote Refinery And The New International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.