Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC (11193 Views)

Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring / Buhari Should Begin The Process Of Restructuring To Make Atiku's Slogan Irreleva / Northern Nigeria Not Afraid Of Restructuring - Tambuwal, Others Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by menxer: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Primebuilders:
I don't understand this APC guy. You dust up PDP 2014 conference of restructuring from the achieve for review and you claim PDP do not have restructuring on their agenda or if they have a shallow one, my question why looking into the 2014 confab report. Since you are the one that understand restructuring why not come up with your own version. APC mouth making party
There is a difference between APC as a party and APC led Federal Government, it is PDP led Federal Government that did the confab not PDP as a party.

The confab report is a federal government's document not party's document.

The point APC as a party is trying to make is that in its manifesto restructuring and devolution of power is succinctly captured unlike in the case of PDP manifesto, that the PDP led federal government even after conducting two national confab did nothing with the report.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Paperwhite(m): 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
massinola:
Now what's the APC's understanding of restructuring? What's this feeling of insecurity among some people in this country concerning this restructuring? The simple truth is, some will feel more comfortable than the others if we restructure, but the undeniable fact is that we all will come good with time. Restructure and decentralise this contraption that has always benefited one section and living others in devastating state. And let's see how many people will continue running to the center
I'm with you brother man.

1 Like

Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Paperwhite(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
So APC that have a more deeper understanding of what it is should tell us their modalities on how they want to achieve this in background of their manifestoes and the renewed regional agitations nationwide.Restructuring or not,Nigeria can no maintain the skewed station quo anymore.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by holyghost(m): 12:29am On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Robinzone1: 12:56am On Aug 22, 2017
.... PDP POWER. i am a graphic designer that does logos,banners, cartoons, flyers, business cards etc. Contact me on WhatsApp let us help you brand. My number is Zero Eight One Two Eight Seven Three five one six two. You can also like my facebook page to see our works www.facebook.com/beejayarts

Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 22, 2017
nwakibie3:
HOW IT SHOULD BE...
Fellow Nigerians,
I must start out by expressing my gratitude to almighty Allah for preservation of my life and to all Nigerians.
I must appreciate Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo who acted in my stead while I was away. He demonstrated the highest loyal of loyalty, dedication and patriotism. He is a good team player.
I'm not only grateful to him, Nigeria and history will eternally be grateful and indebted to him for the role he played in promoting the political stability in my absence.
I also appreciate the leadership of the National Assembly as represented by Senator Bukola Saraki and Rt. Honourable Yakubu Dogara who made out time to visit me while recuperating in United Kingdom.
My gratitude also goes to members of the Federal Executive Council and eminent Nigerians who visited me as well.
Nigerians, I was away for 105 days in United Kingdom receiving treatment and I must tell you I was briefed on the state of affairs back home by the Acting President when there was need for it.
I owe it as a sense of duty to tell Nigerians the diagnosis and prognosis, and this I will do in due cause after it is agreed upon at the Council of State meeting that such will be in the interest of the country and will not hamper our political stability.
I must also let you know i am not unaware of various happenings while I was away and which are of great import on our national security and peaceful coexistence. I am back to pick up the the cause of action from where the Acting President stopped.
Fellow Nigerians, while as a government we tackle those threats to our national security and peaceful coexistence, we shall as a matter of priority address some germane issues raised in the cause of various agitations. Just like our founding fathers, I am of a strong conviction that we are better with a stronger and United Nigeria.
Lastly, I must admit my absence generated a lot of discourse and also raised some fundamental moral and constitutional issues.
I know I once said there is no difference between Nigerians and I and there was no need for me to seek Medicare abroad, I must tell you I still stand by that pronouncement of mine.
I must tell you this has deepened my resolve to ensure every Nigerian is availed with such medical expertise and facilities I had in the United Kingdom and in furtherance of this, I have directed my Minister of Health to carry out an extensive audit of all the Teaching Hospitals and Federal Medical Centers so as to enable us achieve this goal at the shortest possible time.
Also in a bid to assure Nigerians that I will never be found wanting of Constitutional breaches and not being unmindful that we are mortals, I have directed the Attorney General of the Federation to come up with a draft bill which shall be sponsored by the Executive at the ongoing constitutional amendment at the National Assembly. This is to set a limit to the period for which not just the President, but any and every public servant can be away from duty.
Nigerians, this is to assure you I am back and committed to delivering my campaign promises to Nigerians and defend their mandate given to me.
I thanks all those who kept vigil for me.
I thank all those who demanded to know my true state of health and called for me to either resume or resign. You made me appreciate my depth of the task ahead of me and us as a nation.
I thank all Nigerians.
God Bless Nigeria.
This is how it supposed to be, but Yemi Saka is not your president.

You get time sha
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by omoiyalayi(m): 4:13am On Aug 22, 2017
They should all shut the F up give us political restructuring and governance restructuring

Me I know there won't be any restructuring or anything close to it that will devout power to the state as long as Niger Delta oil is still our main source of income as a nation.

So what I expect from this govt is to give governance restructuring get rid of all those bottle neck policy that is hindering development

Make a new law that will make all nigeria participants of development in this country something that will make all public servants think of nigeria first before selfish interest

Accountability must be our watchword we must be accountable in all we do if our country must move forward, leaders can be called to account for their deed while in office and find wanting should face the wrath of law no matter where he or she comes from.

We must do away with religion, ethnicity, or tribal sentiments it's not doing us any good.

May God help this country.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Kbs468(m): 5:14am On Aug 22, 2017
massinola:
Now what's the APC's understanding of restructuring? What's this feeling of insecurity among some people in this country concerning this restructuring? The simple truth is, some will feel more comfortable than the others if we restructure, but the undeniable fact is that we all will come good with time. Restructure and decentralise this contraption that has always benefited one section and living others in devastating state. And let's see how many people will continue running to the center
I think everyone is actually getting everything wrong completely about the restructuring concept of a thing simply because all what both political parties, others, Nigerians and more are talking are still enshrined in the constitution of operation presently and the National Assembly is always there to make a review and bring about changes that are obsolete and unrealistic anymore at each point in time but the problem has always been the political will to interpret genuinely, apply, implement and obey the rules of engagement enlisted to the core and in total.

Except if the restructuring would eliminate the existence of the National Assembly as well as carrying along ALL THE CONTRIBUTIONS AND DESIRES AND ASPIRATIONS OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE ABOUT 400 ETHNIC GROUPS OF THE NIGERIAN NATION as each one of them have a myriad of grieving suggestions, opinions, stand point and demands to be made whenever any opportunity presents itself.

so, Can the said restructuring promise to capture all the above mentioned directional foresight without chaos and confusion that could as well lead to another boycott experience in the name of a walk out during deliberations? And what group and factions in particular would represent the interest of the major ethnic groups as there are also an endless list of people claiming to represent each one of them every now and then?

I can go on and on but to cap it up, Even if my questions and posers above were to be over comed completely, what about the political unwillingly attitude to obey the rule of Law or terms of engagement? for example, the Allocations to the LGAs and the eventual redistribution by the various state Governments, How is that a problem of restructuring and not obedience to the rules of engagement? Even God Himself promised Hell fire as an abode as a punishment for acts of disobedience to Him and His Laws, So why is the Law custodian version of our earthly and Man made Laws-The Judiciary completely left out of the equation? And the drama has always been between the Executives and the Legislatures? such that they have become puppets in the hands of both while always looking forward to crumbs from either side as elements and proceed of corruption?

I rest my case for now as always though.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by charles0922(m): 6:14am On Aug 22, 2017
nwakibie3:
HOW IT SHOULD BE...
Fellow Nigerians,
I must start out by expressing my gratitude to almighty Allah for preservation of my life and to all Nigerians.
I must appreciate Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo who acted in my stead while I was away. He demonstrated the highest loyal of loyalty, dedication and patriotism. He is a good team player.
I'm not only grateful to him, Nigeria and history will eternally be grateful and indebted to him for the role he played in promoting the political stability in my absence.
I also appreciate the leadership of the National Assembly as represented by Senator Bukola Saraki and Rt. Honourable Yakubu Dogara who made out time to visit me while recuperating in United Kingdom.
My gratitude also goes to members of the Federal Executive Council and eminent Nigerians who visited me as well.
Nigerians, I was away for 105 days in United Kingdom receiving treatment and I must tell you I was briefed on the state of affairs back home by the Acting President when there was need for it.
I owe it as a sense of duty to tell Nigerians the diagnosis and prognosis, and this I will do in due cause after it is agreed upon at the Council of State meeting that such will be in the interest of the country and will not hamper our political stability.
I must also let you know i am not unaware of various happenings while I was away and which are of great import on our national security and peaceful coexistence. I am back to pick up the the cause of action from where the Acting President stopped.
Fellow Nigerians, while as a government we tackle those threats to our national security and peaceful coexistence, we shall as a matter of priority address some germane issues raised in the cause of various agitations. Just like our founding fathers, I am of a strong conviction that we are better with a stronger and United Nigeria.
Lastly, I must admit my absence generated a lot of discourse and also raised some fundamental moral and constitutional issues.
I know I once said there is no difference between Nigerians and I and there was no need for me to seek Medicare abroad, I must tell you I still stand by that pronouncement of mine.
I must tell you this has deepened my resolve to ensure every Nigerian is availed with such medical expertise and facilities I had in the United Kingdom and in furtherance of this, I have directed my Minister of Health to carry out an extensive audit of all the Teaching Hospitals and Federal Medical Centers so as to enable us achieve this goal at the shortest possible time.
Also in a bid to assure Nigerians that I will never be found wanting of Constitutional breaches and not being unmindful that we are mortals, I have directed the Attorney General of the Federation to come up with a draft bill which shall be sponsored by the Executive at the ongoing constitutional amendment at the National Assembly. This is to set a limit to the period for which not just the President, but any and every public servant can be away from duty.
Nigerians, this is to assure you I am back and committed to delivering my campaign promises to Nigerians and defend their mandate given to me.
I thanks all those who kept vigil for me.
I thank all those who demanded to know my true state of health and called for me to either resume or resign. You made me appreciate my depth of the task ahead of me and us as a nation.
I thank all Nigerians.
God Bless Nigeria.
This is how it supposed to be, but Yemi Saka is not your president.
That is diplomatic way to address a nation ,not a vegetable coming to a national television to yab and causing more division in the name of united Nigeria which is not negotiable,abeg make everybody go.we can't continue like this ordinary electricity we can't boost of 48hrs uninterrupted. Please God save ur children from this wicked leaders
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by louqas: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2017
TheKingdom:

You guys are really citizens of the area of Niggers, who cant think like everyone else in the world has been able to do-even for a moment. Who and who are today members of APC? Are they not mostly former PDP folks?

Who is the governor of Sokoto that was the speaker of the National Assembly in 2015? What about the Rivers Governor who is parading as minister now when his President was in London for 3 months wearing diapers.

NONSENSE

SHUT UP and stop repeating this stale lies of your that most APC members were formerly PDP. most APC members are from the legacy parties that formed it namely ACN, ANPP, CPC & a faction of APGA. ..... the pdp guys only joined APC after the formation of the party .
stop blaming the APC for the division in PDP. ..... pdp was a house divided against itself and in the run up to 2015 election, politicians who knew pdp was sinking made their choice of not sinking with pdp
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Victorjohnbenso: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2017
restructure is the only solution to this country let joint hand together and see how this can accomplish and forget which party or administration that would have implement, it at lest someone start it and someone has to finish it , at the end glory will go to who finished not who start it.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by orunto27: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2017
It's APC that's the hypocrite on this common wisdom.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by ihatesycophant(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
bonechamberlain:
where is APC's version of restructuring, before you condemn PDP, let's see that of Apc
This is how some of you failed summary in English Language WAEC. After stating what they meant by restructuring in the write, you're still asking what they meant. Your case need serious laying of hand ✋ and leg.
Read quoted version below:

“As explicitly stated in Section 3 (1) thus: ‘We will devolve more revenue and powers, such as policing to States and Local Government so that decision making is closer to the people. We pledge to bring the government closer to the people through fiscal and political decentralization, including local policing’.’’
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by ihatesycophant(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
bonechamberlain:
where is APC's version of restructuring, before you condemn PDP, let's see that of Apc
This is how some of you failed summary in English Language WAEC. After stating what they meant by restructuring in the write, you're still asking what they meant. Your case need serious laying of hand and leg.

“As explicitly stated in Section 3 (1) thus: ‘We will devolve more revenue and powers, such as policing to States and Local Government so that decision making is closer to the people. We pledge to bring the government closer to the people through fiscal and political decentralization, including local policing’.’’
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by bonechamberlain(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
ihatesycophant:

This is how some of you failed summary in English Language WAEC. After stating what they meant by restructuring in the write, you're still asking what they meant. Your case need serious laying of hand and leg.

this is why some of you also fail, because of inability to think critically. if this was clearly stated, why setting up a committee again for restructuring why not follow it the way its stated in the constitution.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Primebuilders(m): 12:08am On Oct 03, 2017
menxer:

There is a difference between APC as a party and APC led Federal Government, it is PDP led Federal Government that did the confab not PDP as a party.

The confab report is a federal government's document not party's document.

The point APC as a party is trying to make is that in its manifesto restructuring and devolution of power is succinctly captured unlike in the case of PDP manifesto, that the PDP led federal government even after conducting two national confab did nothing with the report.

See as u dey contradict ur self. PDP is different from PDP led federal govt.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 03, 2017
The politics in Africa is too much.
It doesn't take trump 3mnths to sign executive orders.

Just divide the damn country into 3 regions. Very youthful president that doesn't think before taking a decision
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Primebuilders:

He's trying to tell you that PDP doesn't have a federal government. It's all party affairs.

In such scenarios, Nigeria money is used to run pdp as a party. That's why you see they are looting in the open unlike Apc that is stealing behind closed door.
Re: Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC by menxer: 8:54am On Oct 03, 2017
Primebuilders:

And so what have you said?
Nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#whatif: PDP And APC Loss 2019 Presidential Election? / Saraki Is Back Ooooooo / 2023: Ebonyi PDP Governorship Candidate’s Name Removed From INEC List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.