Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card (1474 Views)

I Want To Upgrade My Window 7 To Window 10. Will It Be Good For Me? / I Want To Upgrade My Laptop For Strictly Gaming! / Sony Vaio Core I7, 2gb Graphic Card, 8gb Ram, 500gb Hard Disk For Sell (SOLD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
I need anybody to advise me, I want to upgrade my laptop Graphic card to a Universal GeForce GT610 VGA/Graphic Card 2GB to improve my graphic card. My question are;

1. How good is this graphic in playing modern high end games
2. What do i require if i am going to buy this model(Was some how confused when i researched this topic on the net saying you need to boost the ram and supply power)
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by cuedish: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beter not roast your system board ....check what capacity it could carry before buying 2gb gfx card.
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
This are info of my system, I really would really like suggestions

Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by dxdiag(m): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2017
According to the information provided above, your laptop is a dell laptop with a HD graphic card 3000
Even if its a HD graphic card 4000, you can't upgrade/change it because its already embedded on the board.
Your laptop uses a integrated graphic card which can only run.
My advice is to get another laptop with higher graphic card although it will be costly.

There are two kinds of graphic cards. One is integrated and other is dedicated,often called discrete.
Following are pros,cons and description of these :
Integrated :
-laptops with integrated graphics are cheaper.
-use lesser battery life.
-is perfect for casual users. As in if you want to watch movies(even blue ray and 1080 p),watch videos on YouTube,play 2D oriented games and even 3D can run but they may lag.
- Not good for serious gamers or people who use softwares with intensive use of graphics.
-they do not have their own memory and use system's RAM as their primary memory. Hence videos lag eventually.
Dedicated/Discrete :
-uses more power.
-more heating.
-laptops with dedicated cards are more costly.
- Perfect for those who are into serious gaming or have regular usage of intensive graphic designing softwares.
-they have their own video memory and do not use the system RAM memory,and hence do not let videos to stream or lag at all.
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 23, 2017
dxdiag:
According to the information provided above, your laptop is a dell laptop with a HD graphic card 3000
Even if its a HD graphic card 4000, you can't upgrade/change it because its already embedded on the board.
My advice is to get another laptop with higher graphic card although it will be costly.

There are two kinds of graphic cards. One is integrated and other is dedicated,often called discrete.
Integrated :
-is perfect for casual users. As in if you want to watch movies(even blue ray and 1080 p),watch videos on YouTube,play 2D oriented games and even 3D can run but they may lag.
- Not good for serious gamers or people who use softwares with intensive use of graphics.
-they do not have their own memory and use system's RAM as their primary memory. Hence videos lag eventually.
Dedicated/Discrete :
-uses more power.
-more heating.
- Perfect for those who are into serious gaming or have regular usage of intensive graphic designing softwares.
-they have their own video memory and do not use the system RAM memory,and hence do not let videos to stream or lag at all.

Thank you for this info, can you recommend me a laptop of atleast 100-200k that is decent if your going to use much graphics on the laptop.
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Realgozie(m): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2022
My PC is dedicated 1gb graphics memory please can I upgrade it to either 2 or 4GB graphics memory? Thanks in anticipation for your response
dxdiag:

Integrated :
Dedicated/Discrete :
-uses more power.
-more heating.
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Solapek: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Realgozie:
My PC is dedicated 1gb graphics memory please can I upgrade it to either 2 or 4GB graphics memory? Thanks in anticipation for your response
Whats the brand, model and architecture of the laptop.
Avail me the information requested above then we can take it up from there.
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Mobog(m): 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
dxdiag:

Integrated :
Dedicated/Discrete :
-uses more power.
-more heating.
More knowledge boss!
Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Realgozie(m): 8:52am On Feb 23, 2022
HP laptop Elitebook 8540w it's a mobile workstation pc core i5 ATI AMD firepro using AMD5000 2015 version
Solapek:

Re: Urgent: What Do I Need To Successfully Upgrade My Graphic Card by Realgozie(m): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
HP laptop Elitebook 8540w it's a mobile workstation pc core i5 ATI AMD firepro using AMD5000
Solapek:

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of Fairly Used Laptop To Buy @ Range Of 30k-40k / Hp 15 For Sale Just Like A New One / Acer Aspire 5746 (corei7, 500gb HDD, 8gb RAM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.