Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason (5873 Views)

Must-see! Chinese Man Gets Immediately Kicked Out Of Kenya For This Reason! / WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . / Unavailability Of Result: What Are My Chances If I Sue A School For This Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by FreshShavedBalls(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
Have you ever wished to shove up your hand in the stomach of a cow? If yes, then Swiss Farmers are the ones who can offer you a chance to do that. If you see giant stomach holes in cows, remember that it is placed there for a reason and these holes are called rumen fistulas.

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by FreshShavedBalls(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
A hole is cut on the sides of the cows and then a tube is placed such that it goes down directly to the stomach.

The hole is always open because a rubber gasket is placed along on the opening and it is also sealed with a special cap.

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by omoiyamayor(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Are u serious
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by FreshShavedBalls(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Once a cow recovers from this procedure, the hole in the cow’s stomach helps the vets and farmers who are responsible for the care of the cow to monitor the digestive process of the cow. Accordingly, they can even create the proper diet for the cow.

The intelligent farmers these days know that a cow that is able to fulfill farming objectives has the ability to be regulated. Cows are loaded of valuable microorganisms, such as fungi and bacteria. The fungi and bacteria are what lets a cow digest the plant substances they eat.

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by kingjomezy(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
wonders will never end oooh ...both good and bad.. nice one though

hope they will not try this on a human one day?

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by FreshShavedBalls(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
If there is any problem in the digestive system that a cow may have trouble with, the stomach holes also allow the farmer to insert aforementioned fungi and bacteria directly into the stomach.

The stomach holes give the farmers a chance of evaluation of digestion and giving their cows optimal food.

While there are some who believe that this procedure is good for the cow’s health, PETA feels that this procedure is only helpful and beneficial for the bottom line of certain industries.

It is also believed that the stomach holes of the cows are useful in overall longevity and also makes them well weighted and well looked after.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Tolexander: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
This is actually done under anaesthesia, and the motive is for experimental monitoring of the digestion of food in the cows. And to understand the kind of food formulation for the animal's development.

Animal rights activists seem to be against this anyway!

8 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Emescot(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
This one tire me o... Poor cows it must hurt at first
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by cristianisraeli: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
Have you ever wished to shove up your hand in the stomach of a cow? If yes, then Swiss Farmers are the ones who can offer you a chance to do that. If you see giant stomach holes in cows, remember that it is placed there for a reason and these holes are called rumen fistulas.

5 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Destined2win: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
....and buhari will be here talking like he has no certificate
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin

What about human being.

Our homo peeps are not surprised. They do stuffs like this a lot

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by decatalyst(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Those nairaland rats that like to say "animal right" upandan will avoid this thread like....

Human beings are ingenuous, amazing and cruel at the same time angry

3 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by youngreva(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
na wa ooo Wetin we no go see for this life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Adeoba10(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thats an experimental animal, to check rate of digestion. It is called fistulated animal.
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Tobiemmanuel007: 1:03am On Aug 22, 2017
God I thank u for u created me as a human not as a cow in Switzerland embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by modaink333: 1:44am On Aug 22, 2017
This one weak me
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by BLACKdagger: 2:11am On Aug 22, 2017
Tobiemmanuel007:
God I thank u for u created me as a human not as a cow in Switzerland embarassed
undecided
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Cymaxy: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2017
good morning house...
A nephew of mine bearing the name David asuquo has been missing since last week Wednesday,till this very moment we have not seen him. he was last seen in turner Street Amukoko, Ajeromi Ifelodun LCDA
I will need your assistance in helping to rebroadcast this message across other social platforms.Thanks and God bless you.

Here are the numbers to call incase you have any info about the said boy.
Odi 08102765608
Florence 08086949621

cc; lalasticlala, mynd44

https://www.nairaland.com/4003992/missing-5years-old-boy#59704930

2 Shares

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by omoiyalayi(m): 4:30am On Aug 22, 2017
Wonder shall never ends

If I tell some of my friends about this now they will not believe it @ all and start argue with me

Not that they are illiterate o they actually went to school but they don't read news nor watch news

That's why am always ahead of them

1 Like

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by lonelydora: 5:47am On Aug 22, 2017
Tobiemmanuel007:

You too fear grin grin

Oyibo na witch...and we are here planning on how to produce pencil by 2018

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by 9japrof(m): 6:13am On Aug 22, 2017
Mehn technological advances can be gruelling and cruel to animal species sometimes.

It's obvious there is a percentage of this poor creatures that wouldn't make it.

Humans always struggling to sabi pass their creator, kolewerk....
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2017
I am not an animal rights activist,but I don't think I like this new idea at all. If the big idea is to be able to monitor the digestive tract/system of the cows effectively,then why not work towards developing machines that can perform such tasks? This is way too messy in my opinion. Is anyone pondering what I am pondering or what?
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Jude76(m): 7:24am On Aug 22, 2017
Beware of rippers bring ur iTunes card let deal
Convert ur iTunes card to instance cash deposit to ur account

Domination of 10$ ,15$ ,20$ ,30$ ,50 ,100$ of US ,Canada , Amazon , Euro iTunes card

Contact or WhatsApp (08146153336)
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by MVLOX(m): 7:24am On Aug 22, 2017
Hmmm wetin we no go see for dis life
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by otokx(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2017
Science at work, they keep developing methods to make their society better why we are content with bad infrastructure and clapping of hand in Nigeria.
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Alitair(m): 9:10am On Aug 22, 2017
Meanwhile the assigned and traditional cattle rearers in my country would rather put bomb inside their cow... Turn them into weapons of mass destruction.

1 Like

Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by crackhouse(m): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2017
Ok. Front page worthy.
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by jacyhelen(f): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2017
MVLOX:
Hmmm wetin we no go see for dis life

white people go invite wetin go kill them!!!
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by MVLOX(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
jacyhelen:

white people go invite wetin go kill them!!!

Na dat 1 dey pain u? We for africa go come copy am no be say we even knw anytin abt am self
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
This just shows the selfishness of the human species. It was not enough to genetically modify them to eat uncontrollably just to produce more milk for us, now this? What next

May their God avenge them angry
Re: Farmers In Switzerland Are Making Giant Stomach Holes In Cows For This Reason by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2017
Muafrika2:
This just shows the selfishness of the human species. It was not enough to genetically modify them to eat uncontrollably just to produce more milk for us, now this? What next

May their God avenge them angry

Do you eat meat? Do you drink milk? If Yes, keep kwayet

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Has Finally Called Off The Strike ! / Who Knows This Guy On Youtube? I Have Questions [photo] / Esut 2011 - 2012 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.