Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" (53644 Views)

Morris Babyface: I Used To Have Sex With Four Women A Day – Music Producer / Teju Babyface Celebrates His 42nd Birthday (Photos) / Teju Babyface's Father Carrying Him In 1979 Vs Teju Babyface Carrying His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by bigtt76(f): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Thank God you discovered your calling. Many out there are still living in denials. Not everyone can become a successful stand-up comedian like Ali Baba, Bovi, Basketmouth and others but they will not learn undecided
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by ITbomb(m): 8:50am On Aug 22, 2017
I no for even know you if not for those 10 years

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by bigtt76(f): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2017
Make that one nor go sidon plan hin life. Make e go ask Kelvin (Past BBA/BBN winner) make e tell am wetin hin de go through or how hin money take finish grin. Of all the people ...only Katung, Uti and Karen made the most of their winning.

BroZuma:
Efe come and hear oooo!

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Blackfire(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2017
And how are you sure the one u discovered now won't be a waste of time in 5 years time?

I don't know why people neglect the past that brought them to limelight, .

Me I boldly tell people, I once carried block.... And whenever I sense pride, I parked my Honda pilot somewhere, and carry block.

4 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by repogirl(f): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2017
I disagree with him. Nothing is a waste, everything, both success and failures are what shapes us and moves us closer to who we need to be.

His time in comedy definitely propelled him in some way to the person he is now. Who would have known him if it wasn't for comedy?

5 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2017
TunezMediaTV:
Popular show host, Gbadewonuola Olateju Oyelakin known as Teju Baby Face has sensationally declared that all the years he spent as a stand up comedian was nothing but a waste of time.

Teju who was into the business of cracking jokes for over 10 years declared that his calling had never been stand up comedy but rather mentoring and teaching and his television programme, “The Teju Baby Show” has given him the opportunity to fulfill his life calling.

Teju speaking at his “Teju Baby face Academy”, said people can work hard and still leave in penury, advising everyone to work smart and find what they can do effortlessly, but in excellence, so that they can add value, because it is only when you add value that you will get wealth easily.

“To say the truth, all the years I spent doing stand up comedy were nothing but a waste of time. It was later I found out my calling is in mentorship and teaching. That is why I am doing this now", he said.

Teju Babyface, who is the lead mentor at the Teju Babyface mentorship academy, a resource hub for the mentoring and empowerment of young Africans, In 2016, authored his first book, “Secret of the Streets : 23 Secret For Achieving Success With Talent".

Though he started his career as both an actor and a comedian, his first major break was the creation of his hit talk show, The Teju Babyface Show, which he still produces and runs on TV stations across the nation.

http://www.tunezmedia.com/2017/08/i-wasted-10years-of-my-life-as-comedian_22.html?m=1

вecaυѕe ιт waѕn'т yoυr тalenт υneмployмenт pυѕнed yoυ ιnтo ιт..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2017
webincomeplus:
He forgot the fact that being an actor/comedian made him popular, and that popularity was the foundation he built his newfound mentorship career on. Who patronizes an unknown mentor?

Well, since he said he wasted 10 years of his life, I can't but agree with him. What's my own? It's his life, not mine.

Now you just made so much sense. He forgot all those years where training grounds.

Just like when I was in school and ran a computer business centre for yrs but never broke even. Now when I use some skills I learnt then to market my construction firm online and get clients effortlessly will I now say the years were wasted?

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Orobo2Lekpa: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2017
That's a bit silly from him as stand up comedy gave him the platform to mount the rostrum that he is now on.
Nothing is really a waste of time as your yesterday is the vessel you embark on to reach today.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unfortunately; your life is still wasting as a talkshow host and a power bike rider.
They don release you for jail abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Pneumatic2020: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2017
But cracking of jokes gave teju the platform to nurture and polish his talent and the confidence to explore until he finally arrive at his place of purpose. Be thankful and never despise the days of humble beginning.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by eluquenson(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2017
Is it not this comedy that brought him to limelight, or what exactly does he want from his statement.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Malive: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unfortunately; your life is still wasting as a talkshow host and a power bike rider.

Yah welcome back. Nairaland don miss u ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by yemzzy22(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2017
lolzzzz na now you know afonga trending like free data and youtube
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by amoduganja: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2017
OKorowanta:

Well said.
Bros don't mind the mugu.in split second their brain enters freezing mode wen they talk.
The supposed wasted 10 years was the foundation and bedrock of his career.
He was even lucky to be called a comedian sef bicos none of my ribs was cracked with his jokes.

Lol..@ none of my ribs was cracked grin

2 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by wildchild02: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2017
But you made money grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by wrongnumber: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2017
There is nothing like wasting years doing what you are not cut out for but everything we pass through in life either make or break us but we will always gather experience from it which means it's not wasted.

whatever we are involved in at the moment is either our main comfort zone or a temporary vocation that will launch us to our comfort zone....no career is a waste except illegitimate ones.
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2017
bigtt76:
Make that one nor go sidon plan hin life. Make e go ask Kelvin (Past BBA/BBN winner) make e tell am wetin hin de go through or how hin money take finish grin. Of all the people ...only Katung, Uti and Karen made the most of their winning.

Nah the people wen dey whisper for him ear dey push am... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by 0b100100111: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
Same way I wasted years and resource along Opebo-Allen not knowing that Kakawa and Empire were the real deal
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by charlesucheh(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
love this dude.......
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by surgical: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
webincomeplus:
He forgot the fact that being an actor/comedian made him popular, and that popularity was the foundation he built his newfound mentorship career on. Who patronizes an unknown mentor?

Well, since he said he wasted 10 years of his life, I can't but agree with him. What's my own? It's his life, not mine.
That's the punch line that will attract the necessary attention to what he has to say.
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by aku626(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
With this statement I believe he's still struggling with understanding life. His perception is funny about life you don't just get to where you have to be it's a process and what happens within that process is up to you. But, the process must take place everyday is a new lesson it's totally up to you to ace it or repeat it so you can't really say it's a waste. I wonder what his going to coach people I pity the life of those under his tutelage.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by EmekaBlue(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
Small boy go and sit down...Waste what?! Infact its now you are wasting the rest of your life..Who hears about u again

2 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by thestevens: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2017
is never a waste sir, nobody would have known the brand called tejubabyface.
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by 9jatatafo(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2017
He don upgrade, now he is running down what he leveraged on. Shallow brain

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by jaymichael(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2017
omoiyalayi:
Th is one guy I tell young guys to watch his programs there's always something to learn from him

His sense of humor is something else

May God continue to bless and enlarge him
True! he has this subtle sense of humor, you can always learn something from him when you watch his show. His diction is superb. He is never vulgar. He just exudes class.
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Unlimited419: 9:19am On Aug 22, 2017
Oooooo, pele, no condition is permanent
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by winkmart: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
OK
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
He is an idiot!
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by winkmart: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
OK now
Re: Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" by LoveJesus87(m): 9:24am On Aug 22, 2017
bammy00:
Explains why I never found his jokes funny.
Then which comedian is funny?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Princess Onyejekwe Dragged Over ‘Surgically Enhanced' Bikini Body / Angela Okorie Attends Event With Her Cleavage On Display / Bobrisky Dances With James Obialor, Gives Him The N100,000 He Promised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.