Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Why Do People Hate Igbos? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Hate Igbos? (1020 Views)

Why Do Some People Hate To Adjust In A Public Transport / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Scientists Reveal How Selfies Make People Hate Their Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate Igbos? by onila(f): 3:06am On Aug 22, 2017
despite them being stubborn and real
i think they are hardworking and smart

is it because their hardwork does not contribute to the economy

or because they want to leave Nigeria
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by krushdripper(m): 4:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Actually, the closest Nigerian people to me are the igbos, they make up most of my male and female friends and are even the majority that like and comment on my stuffs online, so who's hating igbo people? The person should better stop it o.
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by onila(f): 4:15am On Aug 22, 2017
krushdripper:
Actually, the closest Nigerian people to me are the igbos, they make up most of my male and female friends and are even the majority that like and comment on my stuffs online, so who's hating igbo people? The person should better stop it o.

why do they want to leave Nigeria
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by chuks000(m): 5:01am On Aug 22, 2017
This thread wont be complete if afonja is not mentioned...lemme come and be going
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2017
onila:
despite them being stubborn and real
i think they are hardworking and smart

is it because their hardwork does not contribute to the economy

or because they want to leave Nigeria
Nobody hates igbos, among all the tribes in Nigeria; the igbos travel the most and marry other tribes alot (but if you no kno u no go kno) and they tend to establish and engage in business, build their houses where ever they go, live peacefully and contribute to their immediate environment effectively..There is no state in Nigeria where u will not find upto or more than 50,000 igbos, there are igbos even in the deeaded borno state sef. Alot of igbos are born outside the east and grow up almost everywhere in Nigeria and while growing up they make friends with non igbos. I have see about five igbbos married to northerners, they marry yorubas and almost every other tribe in nigeria; so with family links and friendship wetin wan cos hatred .
Secondly op seeing you opened your Nl account as far back as 2009; I can tell you are matured, and am really surprised that at your age you dont know that any citizen who pays his/her tax contributes to the economy; its very shameful and silly for a grownup like u to spit such stupid utterances by saying IS IT BECAUSE THEY DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY..Chai ur matter tire me; it seems tribalism don chop more than half of your brain. If you dont know; the igbos are likely the tribe with the highest taxpayers due to thier numerous business enterprises all over the country. They contribute a massive chunk to our economy more than you know; as they have alot of igbos who travel abroad, engage mostly in illegal stuffs like drug peddling grin (e no good o) and some or most of the money gotten from those illegal ventures are mostly sent to Nigeria thereby adding to our economy one way or the other. Plus alot of igbos in Nigera export and import products, all over the world.
So op just shut up because its either you are not trully a nigerian or ur head dey pain u tongue
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 22, 2017
The number one problem in Nigeria is not TRIBALISM BUT RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM .
I can tell you without mincing word that hausas the major Islamic population and igbos the major Christian population truly love one another as alot of them have genuine friendship...But the major problem is religious extremism not tribalism; religion sours the major seed of discord and hatred across the divide because they both represent the two major religions and despite everything the hatrec is not genuine and nor matter what there is still love and friendship despite the civil war...If you doubt me tell me why upon all this constant e~wars, both nairaland, facebook and twitter between yorubas and igbos there has never been any real confrontation between them or anyother tribe...
In my own opinion I believe igbos are the real nigerians who support one nigeria if not why are they scattered all over nigeria, build outside the east and marry other ethnic groups despite everything..Upon all the noise about igbos and yoruba hatred, you will be surprised at the statics of the number of inter marriages between them.surprisingly likewise their marriages with hausa and other tribes.
Even if naija might divide we all have links with one another...We all have the Nigerian gene in us.
At The End Of The Day Whether We Divide or Not We Are All Nigerians grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by krushdripper(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
onila:

why do they want to leave Nigeria
Simple. Because Nigeria is bleeped up.
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by onila(f): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
emmyspark007:

Nobody hates igbos, among all the tribes in Nigeria; the igbos travel the most and marry other tribes alot (but if you no kno u no go kno) and they tend to establish and engage in business, build their houses where ever they go, live peacefully and contribute to their immediate environment effectively..There is no state in Nigeria where u will not find upto or more than 50,000 igbos, there are igbos even in the deeaded borno state sef. Alot of igbos are born outside the east and grow up almost everywhere in Nigeria and while growing up they make friends with non igbos. I have see about five igbbos married to northerners, they marry yorubas and almost every other tribe in nigeria; so with family links and friendship wetin wan cos hatred .
Secondly op seeing you opened your Nl account as far back as 2009; I can tell you are matured, and am really surprised that at your age you dont know that any citizen who pays his/her tax contributes to the economy; its very shameful and silly for a grownup like u to spit such stupid utterances by saying IS IT BECAUSE THEY DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY..Chai ur matter tire me; it seems tribalism don chop more than half of your brain. If you dont know; the igbos are likely the tribe with the highest taxpayers due to thier numerous business enterprises all over the country. They contribute a massive chunk to our economy more than you know; as they have alot of igbos who travel abroad, engage mostly in illegal stuffs like drug peddling grin (e no good o) and some or most of the money gotten from those illegal ventures are mostly sent to Nigeria thereby adding to our economy one way or the other. Plus alot of igbos in Nigera export and import products, all over the world.
So op just shut up because its either you are not trully a nigerian or ur head dey pain u tongue

didn't you see i said i like igbos

that they are hardworking and smart

but i have just observed many people hate them and I am trying to understand why nigeriannss will hate a hardworking people
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
onila:

didn't you see i said i like igbos

that they are hardworking and smart

but i have just observed many people hate them and I am trying to understand why nigeriannss will hate a hardworking people

Fear of domination. grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by urvillagepeoplee(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
because they are cheaters and will always want to cheat u in any deal,their girls are heart breakers,no matter what u do for an ibo girl,she must leave u for another guy who is an ibo guy. i dont do business/transact/date them #fact.
Re: Why Do People Hate Igbos? by JeffreySayles: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
emmyspark007:

I read your post very carefully.I like it.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : Kwara Monarch, Olomu Of Omu-aran, Oba Charles Ibitoye, Dies / What Happened Seun? / “easter Falls On April Fools’ Day Because Jesus Is A F*cking Fool” – Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.