Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films (15067 Views)

Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / First Episode Of Game Of Thrones Was Pirated 55 Million Times In Just 24 Hours / Next Edition Of Bbnaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 22, 2017
Akeem Lasisi

The National Film and Video Censors Board has seized many copies of Nigerian movies and duplicating machines from pirates in Alaba market.

The items seized last week were displayed on Monday at a news conference in Lagos.

The NFVCB worked in collaboration with the Movie Producers Association during the operation.

The raid follows an amendment to the NFVCB bill of 2016 signed into law by the Acting President in March 2017, which states that the release of unauthorised works attracts a maximum of three years jail term or a fine of N500,000.

At the briefing were stakeholders that included Alhaji Abdulrasaq Abdullahi, Chief Eddie Ugbomah, Saint Obi, Yinka Ogundaisi, Gab Okoye, Funke Akindele, Emeka Aduah, Fred Amata, Dele Balogun, Kene Mkparu and Okechukwu Madu

The board’s Executive Director, Alhaji Adedayo Thomas, said, “The raid is the first in the series of national enforcement against unclassified, unapproved and operating an unlicensed film and video distribution and exhibition business which will be carried out in Nigeria through the National task force.

“This is a subtle signal to persons distributing unclassified film and video works, persons distributing film and video works not registered for distribution in Nigeria, persons operating film and video distribution business without appropriate licence, persons distributing film and video works on premises not licensed and all persons profiting from the sweat of film and video creative directors without proper right assignment that they should find other business as the Board under my watch will not rest until we get rid of them from our industry.”

Among the works pirated are big-budget cinema flicks such as the ‘Wedding Party’, ‘Jenifa’s Diary’, ‘Wives on Strike’ and A trip to Jamaica’. Also seized are multiple DVD copiers, writable DVDs and generators. According to the board’s management, some of the perpetrators were also arrested.

http://punchng.com/censors-board-raids-alaba-seizes-pirated-films/

1 Share

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by soberdrunk(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
Good!!! I remember buying one adult dvd and as i was watching it, it switched to Nigerian movie, how can someone spend hard earned #200 to buy mojo' and the next thing you see is Pete Edochie giving parables angry angry

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by iMUMUweh(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
shocked

they are deceiving themselves

we Will keep on pirating movies

shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by 1N9a: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
shocked
Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by magoo10(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
piracy is wicked and frustrating,it should be totally condemned .

13 Likes

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Flexherbal(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2017
Na pirated movies full everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2017
Igbo kwenu! Is awa work oh grin

My people make una vote my story by liking and sharing it here https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59660691

3 Likes

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by braining01: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2017
GBESE RE OOO!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by twilliamx(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2017
Children of hate go soon reach now talk say na ipob Dem dey target..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2017
These useless ojukwu boys want to kill our movie industry, after film makers invest huge amount of money on a project.

Una go sitdown for somewhere use one original dvd create hundreds of fake copies. Na God go punish all of una. They deserve to rot in kuje prison.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by ceejay80s(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2017

I THINK UNA HEAR?
THEY SAID ONLY NIGERIAN PIRATED MOVIES WAS SEIZED AND NOT FOREIGN MOVIES......
NAIRALAND PLEASE TAKE NOTE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by AmandaLuv(f): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2017
Na today?
Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by jumpandpas(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2017
Even APC gave Nigeria a pirated president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by nicemajor(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2017
Niger and piracy
Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by warlord24(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2017
now u can get data for 3000# 10gb
and 2000# 5gb

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Ihatepork: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2017
those guys knew they were coming.

They just helped them clear old stock that was not moving market. grin

Meanwhile check this link for quality engine oil for your vehicles made in the usa.

https://www.nairaland.com/3924736/back-again-mobil1-5w30-5w20

https://www.nairaland.com/3893647/castro-gtx-ultraclean-5w30-made

If you like gadgets in your vehicle, click for an android car multimedia device.

https://www.nairaland.com/3895069/roadmaster-an-613

I you have questions about cars and related issues click here

https://www.nairaland.com/3743541/ask-gazzuzz/51#59592988

New car plates, renewal of car documents, and Drivers license click here

https://www.nairaland.com/2757772/apply-get-original-drivers-license/66

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2017
More of these

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Randy100: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Hahahahaha what the fuk is this.
soberdrunk:
Good!!! I remember buying one adult dvd and as i was watching it, it switched to Nigerian movie, how can someone spend hard earned #200 to buy mojo' and the next thing you see is Pete Edochie giving parables angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Partnerbiz3: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Who still dey watch movies in plates now abeg?

So people still dey buy film?

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by tobtap: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2017
nawa ooo
Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by wordproof: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2017
Evil must be condemned at all quarters, irrespective of of tribe, religion or race.
Only a fool will believe piracy is an Igbo business when majority of the super actors of Nollywood are Igbos, fighting so hard to stop piracy.

Having participated in many COSON seminars, the music videos are highly pirated by Yoruba bloggers as much as Igbo Alaba sellers and exported by Hausa boys to neighboring countries...we are all culpable.

Say no to piracy...let the music pay!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2017
soberdrunk:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by bigplayerz(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2017
hmmm... Na dem dem, We are in second half of the year they would do anything to make before december. so dey would go and eat OPA,ISI-EWU, drink beer/palmy. But this guys bad oo dey have rendered people`s hard work unfruitful to them...No wonder dat AFONJA boy kunle afolayan curse dem.

1 Like

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Amos87(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2017
fuckerstard:
These useless ojukwu boys want to kill our movie industry, after film makers invest huge amount of money on a project.

Una go sitdown for somewhere use one original dvd create hundreds of fake copies. Na God go punish all of una. They deserve to rot in kuje prison.

U are a Big EWURE! Which one are u again, Retard or Bastard? Wentin carry OJUKWU enter this matter now, eh

2 Likes

Re: Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films by Healer007: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2017
shocked
Serve those pirates right angry... Why didn't they also seize foreign pirated films also... How can u buy a series film in the market that has reach season 7 whereas season 4 isn't out yet. Chai crysadcry
Well, if they want to start seizing pirated films in 9ja, there'll be no stores left...
To me, downloading is the best grin... If e nor dey internet, forget d film angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Star Quest 2010. How Do I Register? / Movie Recommendation Thread / List Of Gotv Channels In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.