Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (47830 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / SpaceX In Talks With NCC To Bring Satellite-Based Broadband Internet To Nigeria / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by wildchild02: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
Stupid people

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by akinszz: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
CheezyCharles:
Toke Makinwa people

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by jtwest(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
But how can people be greedy like this angry they wan block our means of reaching boda kola in obodoyinbo London again. angry

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by wenenike(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
This Telecom companies in Nigerian thinking like Nigeria leaders...only about them self

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by sharpwriter(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
sunshineV:
VPN is free ooo
Please, enlighten me. What is the work of VPN in this? How can we use it to defeat hike in telecom's tariffs?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Shollay20(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
fake news everywhere... hmmm
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by hardeycute(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Let them block WhatsApp,
Telegram fan boys will continue to communicate while WhatsApp freaks will keep using VPN
?
How do you go about the VPN stuff? Should I pm you on Telegram?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by PStacks(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
Sango go fire MTN in particular

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by gqboyy(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
Enemies of progress
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by stagger: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
|If these guys try messing with my OTT messaging that keeps me on top of my freelance game, they should get ready for a multimillion naira lawsuit from me. Thank God I have the means to engage them in court.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by reumat(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
Make dem block moded whatsapp version will b out to bypass dem, vpn day one side dere must b a way, dem no day block d whole road for naija!!!
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Acidosis(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2017
How come nobody questioned the credibility of the OP?

Who or what's tech padded? When did tech padded begin to speak for NCC and telecoms?

Someone sat in the comfy of his/her home, constructed a 50 word story without content and it became a trending news?
OP is a young blogger, less than 18, there's no way he could have obtained this information from MTN, 9Mobline, Airtel, etc.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by AdeniyiA(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Are they not making money from the data we buy to make the OTT calls and browse? ??
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by IGBOyoruHausa: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
They should block USA,UK,Europe and the rest of the world's whatssp. Even those people calls with with almost nothing
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by muhaosabo(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
this usuless people they don't want poor man 2 get relief for this country..
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by deafeyez: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
luckyz4rea:
They should continue to beg o until they themselves will realise that their call rates are outrageously and paddedly expensive despite the bonus we receive for every recharge, especially the green network!

How can i have #600 airtime yet i can't talk for up to 15 minutes?

If they do the right or ideal thing they won't need to beg. Whatsapp and co aren't begging people to use them.

U don't mean it. #600 for less than 15mins? Which network u dey use.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by luckyz4rea(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
deafeyez:

U don't mean it. #600 for less than 15mins? Which network u dey use.

I mean am. Sometimes i even want to break the sim away! I don't wanna mention names!
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Kiakia(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:
Nowadays, only few people make international calls due to the presence of Over-the-top (OTT) plays like Whatsapp, Skype, Wechat, Facebook, Viber and IMO. This caused a global revenue loss of $386 billion, from 2012 to 2018 for the telecoms operators. Hence, MTN, Airtel, GLO and 9Mobile are lamenting, urging the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to intervene and stop OTT services .

In opposition to this, I suggest that OTT plays should be left alone, because we users buy data from the Telcos to access services like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. While they are lamenting losses from voice/video calls, they are, on the other hand, jubilating from excess gains they make from data.

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/08/mtn-airtel-glo-and-9mobile-is-pushing.html

You dey mind them? Their data that even zaps in minutes. They are reaping Nigerians off! This exploitation got to stop. However, 9Mobile still remains the best in the usage and subscription for data if you do not mind the marginal high cost of their data compared to other networks.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by bluecircle470: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
Well it can only happen in a country like Nigeria where our legislooters are busy embezzling instead of Legislating and acting as a watchdog.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by adedayourt(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
EKITI001:
Are they OK?

It's obvious dey not undecided
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by opeyemitee(m): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ano understand. No be for dia hand we dey buy data wey we dey use make call?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

I have already joined www.Naijacabals.com the powerful forum now in Naija. They are even paying users when you post anything there...
do you own this forum? Maybe you should consider hiring a good web designer to redesign it for you. As it is right now, it does not look captivating.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by laudate: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:
Nowadays, only few people make international calls due to the presence of Over-the-top (OTT) plays like Whatsapp, Skype, Wechat, Facebook, Viber and IMO. This caused a global revenue loss of $386 billion, from 2012 to 2018 for the telecoms operators. Hence, MTN, Airtel, GLO and 9Mobile are lamenting, urging the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to intervene and stop OTT services .

In opposition to this, I suggest that OTT plays should be left alone, because we users buy data from the Telcos to access services like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. While they are lamenting losses from voice/video calls, they are, on the other hand, jubilating from excess gains they make from data.

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/08/mtn-airtel-glo-and-9mobile-is-pushing.html

Ehn, if na play make dem stop am, o! shocked God will punish any telco that decides to ban WhatsApp, Skype, IMO etc. angry Is it not their data we still use in accessing these platforms or using these apps?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by laudate: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Acidosis:
How come nobody questioned the credibility of the OP?

Who or what's tech padded? When did tech padded begin to speak for NCC and telecoms?

Someone sat in the comfy of his/her home, constructed a 50 word story without content and it became a trending news?
OP is a young blogger, less than 18, there's no way he could have obtained this information from MTN, 9Mobline, Airtel, etc.

And how do you know this?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Mustoph1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thunder fall on them

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Damfostopper(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
Wetin concern me... who will lose more... I only buy recharge card so that I can buy mb so as to enter all this social sites.... if them ban am... e go tey reach 1 year before I recharge my fone ...as I no dey too make calls sef

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by damtee(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
don't think they are OK ,if not they wouldn't av suggested that.they want to kip making profit at our own expence.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by babtuns76(m): 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:

Is it not the money we are used to but data every month.?
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Elegantsteps: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
[quote author=EKITI001 post=59717518][quote][I don't think they are /quote]
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by hunkydory(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
It is not possible to ban those services. It's a global trend which millions of people around the world use for business and socializatiion. Banning it is like going back to the stone age. When the world of technology is moving at a great pace every day how can we be thinking about going back. We can not even afford to be static as a nation, we need to move with world. Technology is the future of the world. Forward ever backward never. Other countries that use this same services are their t telecom companies not making money?. Are they complaining?.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by tojuola(m): 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
they re js blabbin Imaging calling SA mtn will charge u almost 100 naira per min.... wo na video chat be koko Shaybi na mb em go swallow
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by GMBuhari: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
linearity:

I don't see a win for them, if they didn't block VPN as well.

If they succeed in block whatsapp, Facebook, etc; with VPN, you can circumvent those restrictions and still have access to those Apps, so they are still lossing and their main goal of blocking those Apps would have been defeated.

But you'll buy more data to keep using those apps that's the point I'm making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Airtel *440*161# 1,500 For 6gb Is Actually 3gb On Android / 6 Important Details You Shouldn’t Make Public On Facebook / Mtn Unlimited 2go Subscription Codes... Free 2go For One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.