Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? (686 Views)

Benefits Of Paying Off A Loan Early / I Saw Man Hawk Huge Python On My Way Back From Work / I Just Caught This Idiot (Hedgehog) On My Way Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Jesus says, whatsoever you go to the least of my my brothers, that, you do unto me.
Jesus is God
I give 10% of my earings to the poor
I give to God
Brothers and sister is this not logical?
After all pastors use logical thinking to preach to us. I can give 10% of my earnings to help those in need and by so doing offer it to God
The church have focused on building mighty structures today rather than building the 'church' which are the members. I don't know what you are thinking but I will continue to give to the poor as christ instructed us to do.
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by thesicilian: 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
What you are doing is very noble and I commend you for it, but you have not paid tithe, you only gave to the poor. The tithe is to be brought to God's church, plain and simple.
Consider, if you owe a very rich man a little money, and when its time to pay back the loan you decide to share that money to the poor, will the rich man be happy with you? Do you think you have satisfied him by sharing his money to the poor?
It is better to give tithe and still give other money to the poor if you so choose.
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
castro316:
Jesus says, whatsoever you go to the least of my my brothers, that, you do unto me.
Jesus is God
I give 10% of my earings to the poor
I give to God
Brothers and sister is this not logical?
After all pastors use logical thinking to preach to us. I can give 10% of my earnings to help those in need and by so doing offer it to God
The church have focused on building mighty structures today rather than building the 'church' which are the members. I don't know what you are thinking but I will continue to give to the poor as christ instructed us to do.

thats exactly how it should be paid, and not given to useless fraudsters in robe who will use it on their selfish self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
thesicilian:
What you are doing is very noble and I commend you for it, but you have not paid tithe, you only gave to the poor. The tithe is to be brought to God's church, plain and simple.
Consider, if you owe a very rich man a little money, and when its time to pay back the loan you decide to share that money to the poor, will the rich man be happy with you? Do you think you have satisfied him by sharing his money to the poor?
It is better to give tithe and still give other money to the poor if you so choose.

The question we should be asking ourselves is. Who is God? And by giving 10% of my earnings to help the poor is giving to jesus christ who is God. God is everywhere and in giving in secret God knows our Minds. What I said there is scriptural not just my thinking so I. Am justified when I do that
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
thesicilian:
And it still doesn't mean I won't bring some to the church and help the ministry
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
I am gonna give to the poor. No matter what. Read mattew 25:31-46
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by kingkoboko: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
I support u 90%.
I encourage u 2use 50% of dat ur 10% 2support poor evangelists and ministries dat are truly spreading d gospel.

Wen I tell most people 2read DEUT 14: 22-29 & learn wat true tithing is all about, it opens their eyes & blows their minds.
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
kingkoboko:
I support u 90%.
I encourage u 2use 50% of dat ur 10% 2support poor evangelists and ministries dat are truly spreading d gospel.

Wen I tell most people 2read DEUT 14: 22-29 & learn wat true tithing is all about, it opens their eyes & blows their minds.

That one follow. The truth is that modern day churches are shying away from followers taking active participation in giving to the poor causing hatred among church goers. Instead they are focusing on building and buying private jets. I am not saying it's wrong. But that's shouldn't be the focus.
Imagine a person will visibly see one in need will prefer giving that money to church to giving his neighbor because pastor says he/she will receive blessings faster than the former. The bible says a person who gives to the poor gives to God. Let us not only focus on malachi 3:10. The church mustn't help you give money to the poor. It is our sole responsibility to give to the poor. Thanks for posting
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
kingkoboko:
I support u 90%.

Yes brother, I will read it.
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
kingkoboko:
I support u 90%.

Wow. Brother you have made my day. Truly it is enlightening
Re: What Do You Think About My Way Of Paying Tithe? by castro316: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
I have been doing it and I feel fulfilled.

(1) (Reply)

1937 Painting Of A Man Holding An Iphone-like Object Goes Viral !!!! / Are You In Awka Or You Know The City Well? / Attention! Christmas Celebration Results Is Out. See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.