Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (57553 Views)

Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Prestige16(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
I feel for those who will especially apply to UNIBEN cos more money will be made on their head

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by iamleumas: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
I heard that each schools will determine their cut off marks and it'll be posted on the official cut off marks website www.cutoffmark.com.ng
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Magjoel(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
Can't believe the minimum cut off for university is 120, this is way too low. Hopeful this is for the best
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Magjoel(m): 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
Akinbahm:
Abeg must we all go to school? Funny enough Neymar(world record) didn't have school cert yet his trending pass Adamu Adamu and earning cool money. He put on singlet to sign for PSG but here in Nigeria you go put on the most expensive suit among your suits yet you won't be granted a job so why rushing into Education
Funny you
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Ttipsy(f): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
confused ministry
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by wolesmile(m): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
What the hell. Just 120 cut off for university? Nigeria is doomed. The level of education has dropped badly. in our time, JAMB regular cutoff for university was 200. And even with 249 no university will offer u admission to study medicine. Cut off 250.
This is so sad
Are you sure you read and understood? The report said minimum cut off mark. It means no school should go below that. It also states that each school is at liberty to go as high as they want. It means universities can decide to make it 400 if they like. Read to understand.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Daviestunech(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
macduffrx:

that doesn't guarante admission, let her work smart and pray.
sure!
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Lonergem: 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
I Laff Tired grin
120 Or What Ar They Even Saying Self
Maybe Dis Is because Buhari Just Came Back To Office

Jambite Dnt Mind Dem They Jst Wnt 2 Use Ur Money Buy Guguru And Epa, If U Dnt Score Above 180 Dnt Buy Unni Form Even Am Sure My Sch Will Nt Accept 180 Self.
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by bhabz01(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
What the hell. Just 120 cut off for university? Nigeria is doomed. The level of education has dropped badly. in our time, JAMB regular cutoff for university was 200. And even with 249 no university will offer u admission to study medicine. Cut off 250.
This is so sad
Bro, read nd understand, those scores above are only minimum scores...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Dranoid: 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
wolesmile:
Are you sure you read and understood? The report said minimum cut off mark. It means no school should go below that. It also states that each school is at liberty to go as high as they want. It means universities can decide to make it 400 if they like. Read to understand.
You have sense joor, I was looking at others reading and making comments that were off point.
The article clearly said minimum cut off
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Olori31: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
Wat unilag cutoff mark
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by enemyofprogress: 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
This is so sad
it is to help the north now or you doesn't want habooki to go to university?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by enemyofprogress: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
Olori31:
Wat unilag cutoff mark
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by CheedyJ(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
This is so sad
Dropped badly u say,was their ever a period it was high,I don't think so...besides,jamb cut off marks isnt & shouldn't even be an indicator to determine d standard of education considering how some candidates obtain this high scores in d 1st place.... Our educational system is ludicrously messed- up,has always been & could remain so if nothing urgent & meaningful is done...
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by davidsgal(f): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2017
120 for university cut off mark.... i weep
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by preselect(m): 12:25am On Aug 23, 2017
is this 120/400 abi na something else I de see? shocked

meanwhile is this cut off for the whole country, abi dem go soon start to do 120 for Benue, 200 for anambra, 5 for adamawa, 3 for katsina, 2 for yobe, 1 for adamawa, . . . . attendance for zamfara!!!!

#BuhariAndShekauAppearingAndDisappearingAnyhow

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by LIFEisSIMPLE: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2017
I feel someone scored 120 and his influencial dad. Promisd he would still gain admission. Hence the 120 cut off
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by achivs(m): 12:38am On Aug 23, 2017
egoldi01:

Haba, why not read everything instead of inconclusive reading and wrong deduction. Its stated that all schools are at liberty to raise it to any level. Was JAMB really regulating admissions like this during your time nor was any minimum score set by JAMB?
yes minimum was set nd is 180
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Magjoel(m): 12:42am On Aug 23, 2017
Olori31:
Wat unilag cutoff mark
probably 200
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by SamuelLoch: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2017
120 abi Even with 200 these aspirants will not smell OAU... That one I know! So let them rejoice less

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by iwezor1(m): 12:57am On Aug 23, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Well I'm not surprised,

Because

1. Nigerian Education sector is doomed

2. The new JAMB boss just wants to drop history about himself, from being the first to remit 5b naira to government to being the first to reduce cut off to 120,

3. I know many universities won't comply with this e.g Uni-ilorin, Ui, Oau, Lautech, Futa, Uni lag, etc
180 last price, some will even stay @ 200

4. Either 120 cut off or 80 cut off, only 400k-500k out of 1.7m candidates that wrote JAMB will still be admitted, there's quotta on ground already

4. They Just want Universities to make money from candidates,

5. Many students would fall victim of this, because of ignorance,

6. There will be too much competition among candidates and that will be very interesting

7. Many candidates that scored below 180 now will be confused on what to do right now

8. JAMB boss is a scam

9. Nigeria is a scam

Lolz
... Lemme continue watching this year admission in 3D cos i won't be surprised if only 10% of those that wrote jamb this year got admitted

I wept for 9ja again
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by iwezor1(m): 12:59am On Aug 23, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Well I'm not surprised,

Because

1. Nigerian Education sector is doomed

2. The new JAMB boss just wants to drop history about himself, from being the first to remit 5b naira to government to being the first to reduce cut off to 120,

3. I know many universities won't comply with this e.g Uni-ilorin, Ui, Oau, Lautech, Futa, Uni lag, etc
180 last price, some will even stay @ 200

4. Either 120 cut off or 80 cut off, only 400k-500k out of 1.7m candidates that wrote JAMB will still be admitted, there's quotta on ground already

4. They Just want Universities to make money from candidates,

5. Many students would fall victim of this, because of ignorance,

6. There will be too much competition among candidates and that will be very interesting

7. Many candidates that scored below 180 now will be confused on what to do right now

8. JAMB boss is a scam

9. Nigeria is a scam

Lolz
... Lemme continue watching this year admission in 3D cos i won't be surprised if only 10% of those that wrote jamb this year got admitted

I wept for 9ja again

I don't understand, y will they be confused on what to do?
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Nnadi2020(m): 1:02am On Aug 23, 2017
Thobiy:
We Have Not Gotten It Wrong, 120 Is The Minimum Mark Then Each Course Mark Will Vary, You Can't Compare Medicine Mark With An Education Course

Your father idiot wetin education do? Ewu
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Unimaginable123: 1:21am On Aug 23, 2017
wolesmile:
I read and understood everything. JAMB minimum cut off had always been at least 200 for university. Then lowered to 180. And now lowered to 120.
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 23, 2017
DrHighchief:

Read and understand very well before commenting...Institutions are, however, at liberty to raise their cut off marks for admission above the minimum set by JAMB.
tnks some students are just stupid
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by cy4cent(f): 1:28am On Aug 23, 2017
Jamb is actually not a test of knowledge, it is just to allow for bottlenecks considering our population, besides the registrar stated 120 as cut off mark that is to include a lot a lot of persons that scored as low as 120. Before now it was higher, I am sure a lot would have been excluded. With this new cut off the competition will be higher, but those with higher scores and of course long legs will have the day.

In Many countries you don't write any other exams after high school, save for interview or entrance exam at the school's premises.

Yet, they are inventing a lot of good stuffs which we can't do despite all our Neco, Waec, GCE, Jamb and post jamb.

Check my signature for stress free admission process.
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by exclusivejayce(m): 1:53am On Aug 23, 2017
It seems instead of improve, JAMB choose other wise
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by abiolamitodun(m): 2:27am On Aug 23, 2017
Unimaginable123:
This is so sad
hmmm because u be efiwe abi...mchew
and we know where u belong oo
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by gare2510(m): 3:02am On Aug 23, 2017
Even if cut off is 20, it doesn't mean if you score 100 you will get admitted, if the department needs 50 students and you have 600 applicants with 250+ Mr 100 will not stand a chance in a sane environment except they start to use educationally less developed states thing where person with 55 from sokoto will get admitted while 260 from delta will not or state quota system
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by jojothaiv(m): 3:08am On Aug 23, 2017
Funny things are everywhere!

Nigeria is a case study!
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by shams040(m): 3:28am On Aug 23, 2017
all dis na der own, I knw my oau even if u score 199 no space for u in der post jamb. Rubbish country.
Re: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education by Sarcasm01: 3:58am On Aug 23, 2017
wolesmile:

Pls can you tell me which school you have ever heard that it set its JAMB score to less than 120, then that does not necessitate the announcement of minimum cut off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Alphabets... / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.