Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,448 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo (23403 Views)

APC NWC May Adopt Indirect Primaries In Ondo / National Assembly Approves N160bn For Minimum Wage Increase / 2019 Presidency: Afenifere Meets Obasanjo, May Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
Why not increase the allowances of certain federal workers eg University Polytechnic College Secondary Primary and Medical staff of federal government

FG should start paying this staff Research and hazard allowance in order to enable them to develop new ideas products services etc that can help transform the social economy of Nigeria through Education and Health.

Hazard allowance ko, pogba salary ni
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by princepeter566: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2017
I taught this man was wise but it seems d rat in aso rock has chop off some of their reasoning

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Naanshepnick: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2017
Their is reason in what the vp is suggesting.it's d same minimum wage that nnpc, nimasa, nerc and others are better pay because of other allowances that other agencies are not enjoying.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2017
this govt is fvcked. senators can easily spend 6billion to buy cars but e dey hard this government to increase minimum wage, such a shame
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by gr8tone: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
Osibanjo is a vagabond
uncultured fellow
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Acidosis(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2017
The disparity in this salary thing is just too much.

The Federal Government is about increasing workers salary selectively from 18k to may be 30k, yet some states are yet to initiate/embrace the 18,000 minimum wage that began over 5 years ago.

These are some of the reasons the country must restructure. How can two Doctors for instance who graduated in the same year and working on the same grade level earn different salary with a huge gap just because one decided to work at the state level? Nigeria is sick, at the end of the day, some persons salary will catapult to N700,000/month all the way from N250,000 while some will keep on earning the same N20,000 they've been making since the past 7 years.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Fidelismaria: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2017
jamiu47:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

idiot

may sango, ogun , obatala, amadioha fire you and your motherfvckin generations

scammer

oloshi
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by MosD: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2017
This regime is a total fraud!

Well, I believe the dear pastor is only testing the water, so labour should match it with commensurate reaction
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by IgboSubmarine: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So if they don't pay a researcher research allowance he will not research new things ? I am an innovator and I have personally funded all innovations to life without any research or hazard allowance so I wonder why they need one to do that they say they like ...The truth is that most pandeople in govt service are free loader amend even if you give them hefty research allowance the only thing they will research is goat head peppersoup at the nearest bar.

You want Nigeria to be like America but not ready to pay the price for it

You must be a clown

If I am Buhari I will do the following

1) Give every academic and non academic staff of every educational & medical institutions Research allowance

2) Create a national award that will be well publicized for those whose Research works are beneficial to the nation

3) Ensure that the national award is filled with a mouth watering financial package

4) Create a ministry for Research & Commercialization

5) Ensure that my minister Research & Commercialization is one of those Researchers

6) Ensure that a platform through the capital market is created for Venture Capitalists to invest in Research & Commercialization.

7) Tax exempt start up companies established through the ministry of Research & Commercialization. Tax exempt them for at least 20years to ensure that they are not killed off through financial burdens.

Investments in Research and Commercialization of Research works will definitely get Nigeria economy on a fast track and see Nigeria become a superpower in 20 years.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Azam101: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
How can FG select few agencies and increase there remuneration? this is the most stupid thing FG will do. when millions of people are languished in poverty! why not cut down the allowances of Nass members? well 2019 is around the corner our voters card will speak for us!
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by eagleeye2: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wetin this people dey smoke
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by akigbemaru: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
eleojo23:
There is some sense in what he is saying but other workers will protest as usual.

A lot of our professionals are leaving the country and relocating to other countries where they will earn better pay. So an increase in their remuneration will perhaps convince them to stay back and develop the country. Nobody wants to stay in a country where his services are undervalued.

However, everything has advantages and disadvantages...

There has to be a mechanism that will ensure fairness to avoid excessively favoring one group over the other.

Everyone deserves a fair wage for his work and I believe that the National minimum wage (18k) should be reviewed.
But still, at the end of the day, everyone cannot be on the same salary level because the skills, expertise and risks involved in their jobs are different.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by bejeria101(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
In english please!
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by akigbemaru: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

You want Nigeria to be like America but not ready to pay the price for it

You must be a clown

If I am Buhari I will do the following

1) Give every academic and non academic staff of every educational & medical institutions Research allowance

2) Create a national award that will be well publicized for those whose Research works are beneficial to the nation

3) Ensure that the national award is filled with a mouth watering financial package

4) Create a ministry for Research & Commercialization

5) Ensure that my minister Research & Commercialization is one of those Researchers

6) Ensure that a platform through the capital market is created for Venture Capitalists to invest in Research & Commercialization.

7) Tax exempt start up companies established through the ministry of Research & Commercialization. Tax exempt them for at least 20years to ensure that they are not killed off through financial burdens.

Investments in Research and Commercialization of Research works will definitely get Nigeria economy on a fast track and see Nigeria become a superpower in 20 years.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by akigbemaru: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
COMPAQ:
My approach to this would be increase the salaries of the lowest Cadre like up to level 10, while keeping those above level 10 constant (for now) to close the wage disparity. The increase can be funded by reducing the workforce.

There is no doubt that our civil service is over staffed. Just go to federal secretariat in any state and see how many people are just sitting at desks doing nothing. I went to collect my passport at immigration and the job of someone of like 55 years was to ensure that I filled one book stating that that I collected my passport. And that one will go home everyday and say he is working? That kind of dude need to go. Worst case a corper should be doing that.

There is an Orosanye report that recommends rationalization of a number of agencies and parastatals, but various government including this one seem to be scared to implement it.

We have so many agencies and parastatals that we have never even heard of. Basically doing nothing but existing under the radar and just paying salaries. That is why we need Chinese to come and discover stuff in Cross River, yet we have many solid minimal research agencies in place, we have geologists in universities who never conduct field studies etc.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by akigbemaru: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
realborn:
I think it makes sense, contrary to the opinion of the majority above.

Keep the basic minimum wage at par for all parastatals, give bonuses to parastatals that are more efficient, effort driven, tirelessly generate revenue and active. FIRS, Security Agencies, Customs, Medics, Petroleum MDAs etc.

This is an example of the merit based system. Got its pros and cons though!
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Moshlaw(m): 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
fantastic if implemented
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Rolly22(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
amuokuko:
May be the market would also increase it prices of goods to selected few

Useless idea from useless leaders.

E tire me, our leaders are Just so clueless

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by raphaeladeyele: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good to hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reacts To Atiku Abubakar's Resignation: "He Is An Opportunist" / President Buhari Casts His Vote At The APC National Convention / Rise To Power: The Unusual Stories Of New Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.