Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ (14212 Views)

South East Ranks Lowest In Internet Usage As 9m Nigerians Lose Access / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC / 5 Ways To Maximize Your Mobile Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by actiondrilling: 6:15am On Aug 23, 2017
A report from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has ranked 10 states in Nigeria low in their adoption and usage of the Internet.Although, there are over 90 million Internet users in Nigeria, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the NBS report for the first half of the year, ranked Bayelsa State lowest with 0.74 per cent penetration. Yobe followed with 0.78 per cent, and Ebonyi in third position with 0.82 per cent.

Ekiti, Zamfara, Jigawa and Gombe states with 0.91 per cent; 0.92 per cent; one per cent; and 1.08 per cent followed respectively.Taraba had 1.14 per cent; Kebbi 1.28 per cent, while troubled Borno had 1.47 per cent Internet penetration among the lower ranked states.
Expectedly, Lagos with 12.82 per cent penetration led states with the highest Internet penetration in Nigeria, Ogun followed with 6.01 per cent; Oyo 5.28 per cent and Kano enjoyed 4.75 per cent penetration.

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) ranked fifth with 4.65 per cent; Kaduna 4.54 per cent; Rivers 4.19 per cent; Delta 3.46 per cent; Niger 3.44 per cent; Edo 3.18 per cent; Anambra 2.84 per cent, Benue 2.54 per cent; Kwara 2.34 per cent, and Nasarawa 2.28 per cent penetration.
However, there was a drop of 1.75 per cent in the subscribers’ base, as a total of 92,136,023 subscribers were active on the Internet against 93,776,711 in the third quarter of 2016.
Meanwhile, in a related data from Internetworldstats, Nigeria is ranked eight among the top 20 global Internet users. Nigeria, which was the sole African country listed in this category is ahead of developed countries like Germany (9th), United Kingdom (12th), France (14th), Italy (16th), and South Korea (19th).
From the report, the total Internet users of the top 20 countries were 2,738,949,556, while the rest of the world, excluding the first 20 countries had 993,023,867.
The report positioned these following countries with their Internet users: China is first (731,434,547); India second (462,124,989); United States third (286,942,362); Brazil fourth (139,111,185); Indonesia fifth (132,700,000); Japan sixth (118,453,595); and Russia seventh (104,553,691). Nigeria is eight (93,591,174); Germany ninth (71,727,551); United Kingdom 12th (60,273,385); France 14th (56,367,330); Italy 16th (51,836,798), and South Korea 19th (45,314,248).
However, Internet penetration for the countries was listed as thus: China: 52.7 per cent, India: 34.4 per cent, United States: 87.9 per cent, Brazil: 65.9 per cent, Indonesia: 50.4 per cent, Japan: 94.0 per cent, and Russia: 72.9 per cent. Nigeria had 48.8 per cent, Germany: 89.0 per cent. United Kingdom: 92.0 per cent, France: 86.8 per cent, Italy: 86.7 per cent, and South Korea: 89.4 per cent.
The total Internet penetration of the top 20 was 54.4per cent and the rest of the world at 40.0 per cent, while total world users at 49.6 per cent.
more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/internet-usage-low-in-bayelsa-yobe.html

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by iammo(m): 6:20am On Aug 23, 2017
Glo abeg if una dey read this, improve your services in oyo. We buy naija to grow naija but please up your game

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by proeast(m): 6:28am On Aug 23, 2017
The same internet the dead wood, vegetable ab.ok.i wants to restrict? While other countries are encouraging its usage the berbarian hordes ruling the zoo are irritated by it!

8 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by silentrock(m): 6:40am On Aug 23, 2017
okay
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Tolexander: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:
The same internet the dead wood, vegetable ab.ok.i wants to restrict? While other countries are encouraging its usage the berbarian hordes ruling the zoo are irritated by it!
They aren't irritated by it.
Just trying to regulate some provocative activities on it.

China has one of the most regulation on the citizens' internet activities, behind North Korea. Yet it still has the largest Internet subscriber base.

Internet usage is not all about Afonja vs Flat¡no vs Aboki

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2017
Oops
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by aminho(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2017
The afonjas and abokis leading

6 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Bigsteveg(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:
Go read about China and North Korea b4 you conclude.

8 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2017
will this buhari epidemic recession take make person browse sef, imagine 1000 for 1500kilobyte.and the zapping no go area,

by the way person who knows the way will use the way
tongue

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Vivianaustin(f): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Wetin concern me undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Oasis007(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:

undecided

What has PMB got to the with the Statistics?! And what Policy is he making to restrict Internet Usage in Nigeria?!

You want Cheap Likes from Slowpokes like you?! Grow up Kid..... post a reasonable Comment not Insult.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2017
People never see food chop nah data wah high unah dey find buyers..

Mumu people
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Franco93: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2017
The population of a place is directly proportional to the internet usage

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by udumosam23(m): 7:09am On Aug 23, 2017
Abeg make una help me tell access bank say, if dem charge me this outrageous amount for stamp duty again ehn,

I go close down my account, tear my bank book, burn my token, fling their calendar wey dey my house comot outside.

Then jejely go me first bank go open another account.

Which kind nonsense be this naa?

5 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by awoo47: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2017
U are asking village people to buy Android phone grin grin potor ppl are so local I'm sure dey don't knw fb yet dey abuse d most civilized ppl in Nigeria angry angry nd develop other region forgetting dere own sad let's celebrate their generosity cheesy

8 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by babyfaceafrica: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2017
Nice.one
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Nairaboi(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:
See mumu that doesn't know jack talking. In case you lag behind in global news, in some countries you don't say thrash because you have access to the Internet else they trace you and treat your Bleep up as fast as possible.

16 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Nairaboi(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2017
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by musawisdom(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2017
The data is dependant of the numbers of people living in a locality. China is always known for its high population.

2 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by chakula: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2017
Internet? grin
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by itiswellandwell: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2017
The telecom companies should find out what could be the problem and solve the problem and make money naaaw.

Check my signature for your customised ATM card Flash drive id card and full capacity powerbank.
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by modsfucker: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:

You're one of the reasons he wanted to restrict it. How would you feel when someone call your father a vegetable dead wood or is that how you call him?

13 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Gwan2(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2017
Wetin consign Bayelsa man with internet when an average south south person even in villages belives working in Shell , Chevron, Total na dia birthright
When it comes to consumables...Naija rarely take the backburner.
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Eke40seven(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2017
Ridiculous!
This data is very ridiculous. So I should believe that Nigeria uses more data than Germany and UK?
Do you know that most people only stream movies online and don't download? Downloading from many websites are illegal and one can be fined so they stream!
Check out their YouTube channels and check the number of views. Even for Nigerian songs, the number of views are geared up by foreigners and Nigerians living abroad because data over WiFi is cheap and in many cases free. I get free WiFi whenever I get to my bus stop. At home the WiFi is unlimited at a very cheap price. you cant function without the internet, checking your transportation schedules, looking out for the weather (Yeah! Very compulsory), etc.
I doubt the evaluation methods used, may be they are judging by the number of phone users or Facebook access which by in any case is a reflection of the population and not necessarily how much internet data each country uses.

6 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by NCP: 7:25am On Aug 23, 2017
So the southwest still drives the economy and ICT

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by omoiyalayi(m): 7:27am On Aug 23, 2017
Today is my birthday

Happy birthday to mi

15 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Jabioro: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2017
iammo:
Glo abeg if una dey read this, improve your services in oyo. We buy naija to grow naija but please up your game
They just have to raise their florescent mask, the way most the transmitting antenna is been position is not good enough.. the engineers need to do that to all Glo mask..

2 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Pharoh: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2017
Franco93:
The population of a place is directly proportional to the internet usage

Only when one wants to measure it by number of users but we should be more concerned about a more relevant measurement. The measurement is what percentage of your population have access to Internet and not the number of people. The western developed countries are all above 80 percent and some are even above 90 percent but Nigeria is less than 50 percent I think.

2 Likes

Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by Franco93: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2017
Pharoh:

Only when one wants to measure it by number of users but we should be more concerned about a more relevant measurement. The measurement is what percentage of your population have access to Internet and not the number of people. The western developed countries are all above 80 percent and some are even above 90 percent but Nigeria is less than 50 percent I think.
Alright... I now understand
Re: ‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ by jnfoage: 7:37am On Aug 23, 2017
proeast:
Internet usage is not about hiding behind its facelessness to insult people you dare not talk to anyhow in real life and that is what you just did. Use it responsibly, no one will harass you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Techno Spark K7 OTG Issue / Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets / How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.