Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud (28281 Views)

Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return N24.7m Proceeds Of Fraud / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return N24.7m Proceeds Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by erico2k2(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

So if a member of a church defrauds u in a personal business arrangement of which d church is not aware nd he donates to the church frm it

D church will come nd pay u abi?

If na like that me in this Nigeria

I hav lost over 15000 to Nigerian conductors running away with my change

I hav lost 3 phones 2 laptops to bona fide Nigerian citizens worth approximately #800,000

Oya Buhari come nd pay me they are ur citizens nd de pay tax

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#
So you don't know receiving money from proceeds of crime in itself is a criminal offence ? ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by akeenalee(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
ayamprecious:

First the first time you spoke with sense and plain heart not like that ob10001 b##tc*

where is the sense in what he said. Use your brain or sleep wake up then read again.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by LeanonGOD(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Your story is not funny. If I defraud you of your life saving and I donate the money to an NGO - What Would You Do?. SMH.
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

So if a member of a church defrauds u in a personal business arrangement of which d church is not aware nd he donates to the church frm it

I hav lost 3 phones 2 laptops to bona fide Nigerian citizens worth approximately #800,000

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

3 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
ayamprecious:

First the first time you spoke with sense and plain heart not like that ob10001 b##tc*

So you are indirectly saying l hav been speaking from my anus since?

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by mamachizzy(f): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
As a church, I think they should return it since its fraud money. the house of the lord should not have it'd foundation built on fraud

3 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by fxskye: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

This comment is typically a comprehension issue.

Olodoooooo

4 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by faithscharms(f): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hmm but legally the church does not owe anything to the police or any other person cos it was a gift from another party so they are not obliged to pay back except for good morals sha
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by PierreDeFermat(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Freeze ,where are you?
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Sheun001(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Aplaudez:
I still don't believe this!

RCCG... impossible!
you better believe for your own good before you fall victim

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by vascey(m): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

Illiterates indeed...Yourmumudondo

3 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by wman(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Look at the poorly written letter with grammatical errors from a professional lawyer.

100m for this economy?

Men people are balling.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by AceDomino(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Was the church present with her and the said pastor when they were both striking out the deals between themselves?

I guess she hasn't realised that her brain is working backward.
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by linearity: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

Yes, by law the church have to refund the money as the circumstances and the confession of the fraudsters clearly indicates that part of the money was used as donations to the church. The fraudsters even pleaded with the Pastor to refund the money to the rightful own.

Even if the fraudster did not confess and did not plead for the return...if some 'dash' you money and that money was linked to a fraud, my brother, you will be charged as an accomplice, it is same as the police finding stolen goods on your person.

I was expecting the church to maintain a higher standard above Nigeria criminal law...here, they are even trying to say that, they should be exempted from what is applicable criminally to the larger society.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by linearity: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
AceDomino:
Was the church present with her and the said pastor when they were both striking out the deals between themselves?

I guess she hasn't realised that her brain is working backward.

The fraudsters who gave the money to the church and donated the buses was the one that pointed to church, the church is therefore criminally liable as an accomplice and should in the lest return the money.

If myself or yourself swap places with the church in this saga, we will be cooling our feets off at kirikiri as accomplices and why should the church think they should be held to a lower standard?

4 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by linearity: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
faithscharms:
Hmm but legally the church does not owe anything to the police or any other person cos it was a gift from another party so they are not obliged to pay back except for good morals sha

Not true, if any Nigerian swap places with the church, they will be in kirikiri by now.

Majority of the people EFCC is prosecuting today, got their money as a way of gift. If someone gift you a stolen money or item, you are criminally liable and that is not me talking...it is the law!

4 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by IjeBos(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
faithscharms:

Forget the law for a sec, think of the legal and moral implications of this stance. Legally, what would stop any thief from just forming a church and donating all their illicit gains there? It would be a gift after all, right? And morally, how can a church that is flush with money knowingly refuse to give back money they know to be fraudulently obtained and donated. This is a Christian church (you would think) after all.

US Law:
[url]http://www.wkpz.com/content/files/Giving%20It%20Back%20-%20Returning%20Donations.pdf[/url]
From the article
"When one steals property or money the ownership does not change. The thief cannot give away something he does not own. So, if the thief gives the church stolen property or money, then ownership remains with the original owner and the church is obligated to give it to the rightful owner."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by patola080(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
Aplaudez:
I still don't believe this!

RCCG... impossible!
so u re still d type dat believe in pastor abi

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Wallade(m): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
fpeter:
So a law firm wrote that shabby petition?

My sentiments exactly!

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by linearity: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
Charly68:
Useless idiot,did the church give receipt for the payment ? How then do we a certain the authenticity of this claim.

Re read, the claim...the very fraudsters who gave the money to the church and bought them buses pointed to the church and pleaded with the church Pastor to refund the money.

What I did not see is a denial from the church...rather a concession or is it a confession from the local church Pastor clearly admitting not to only accepting the money, but sending same to the headquarters, and a bid to retrieve the money from headquarters and give it to the rightful own is met with a sternly looking lawyered brick wall to keep away.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Grace001: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Destined2win:
People will defraud others and wire the money to church account as seed.

God doesn't take that kind of offering

And who takes the legitimate money wired to church as seed? If not still pastor, until church stop being money focused and stop preaching on prosperity but rather salvation and repentance, issues like this will continue to happen.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by nemynely(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Please did anyone read the "letter of petition"? So badly constructed with loads of typos!
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by enemyofprogress: 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
It aff enter voice mail grin grin
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Ajicold(f): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Flexherbal:
Churches these days lay too much emphasis on money, instead of LOVE.
love?? Abi Making Heaven
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by Greenthumb(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
Flexherbal:
Churches these days lay too much emphasis on money, instead of LOVE.

How's the church to be blamed for this though?
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by DazzlingAngel: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
What nonsense, so everyone go must go church go claim their loss. It called in Account bad debt
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by linearity: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
nemynely:
Please did anyone read the "letter of petition"? So badly constructed with loads of typos!

You have to go beyond the letter and examine the substance of the case.

The quality of the letter just showed that, the lady went to quack or substandard lawyers and there many legit but quack lawyers around, it does not diminish or deny her claims.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by nickxtra(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
Just look at a grammatically deficient letter written by a supposed "a learned" person - a lawyer!
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by DIKEnaWAR: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

Bro, you are the illiterate here. An arrogant and ignorant one!

Have you heard of accessory after the fact before? Part of the proceeds of crime was wired straight to RCCG. That makes them complicit and liable to refund.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by nickxtra(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
rapcy:
Copy of the petition.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Just read through this grammatically deficient letter a supposed "learned" person - a lawyer wrote! How did such person got called to Bar?
Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by mfm04622: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
ecoeco:
cacophonous illiterates

Nonsense
Adulterated fools

#Eco99#

If you get a gift from proceeds of fraud, which a donation to a church is (gift), the beneficiary is expected to return the gift. This is different from when proceed of fraud is used to pay for goods or services.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by CoCoLav(f): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
I am more interested in how she got the 100 million

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud by mfm04622: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Greenthumb:

How's the church to be blamed for this though?

The church is blamed for not returning the part of fraudulent money with them. Simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die / Methodist Bible College Fires Aaron Edwards Over Homosexuality Tweet / Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.