Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate (800 Views)

Nigeria Ranked 16th In FBI Global Cybercrime Victims Report / US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC / Nigeria Ranks 3rd In Global Internet Crimes Behind UK, US – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by BedLam: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
So you've probably read the news on the home page about Nigeria ranking 3rd only behind US/UK in global CYBERCRIME ...this was quoted by the head of the nation's most important agency in Telecom and communications ( permit me to say these guys are nothing more than fruitcakes ).

First of all, common sense would tell anyone that such data would be considered in various forms , quotas and indices using different data. For instances, there's no way Nigeria would rank higher than China and India in terms of cyber crime! Apart from population, these people are more advanced in terms of information technology and social engineering. Power and internet are easily accessible in those countries, mind you, we still have Brazil, Japan, Germany and Vietnam.
So where does the man got his data from ?
What percentage of Nigerians have access to Internet? This is a country with low wages and low quality of and education! Compared to the countries I mentioned above.
Below is a link of top 10 countries in terms of CYBERCRIME.

It's sickening to see how people who are supposed to shape things in this country seem to not know a damn thing about what they are doing. This is cluelessness in its pure form.

http://www.pulse.com.gh/bi/tech/tech-the-worlds-10-biggest-cybercrime-hotspots-in-2016-ranked-id6683526.html

1 Like

Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by taylor88(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
lol
Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by BedLam: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
lol
Don't just laugh. It's really funny how they seem to be ignorant of things happening in the world. More than half the people that read that story on front page believed it.

Lalasticlala. People ought to see this.
Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by taylor88(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
BedLam:
Don't just laugh. It's really funny how they seem to be ignorant of things happening in the world. More than half the people that read that story on front page believed it.

it seems ur a learner

who told u i was launched

brother i was booking space
Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by BedLam: 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:

it seems ur a learner

who told u i was launched

brother i was booking space
oh yeah...
Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Its a lie,we merit it
When 50% of my Afonja brodas are into Wire Wire and Skull mining why won't we be 3rd

Am even Angry cos I know we are first but they used Ojoro(partiality) to gyv us 3rd
Re: Ncc Lied! Nigeria Doesn't Rank 3rd In Global Cybercrime Rate by marooh: 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Na MMM and ultimate cycler cause the rising!.

If nigeria like maake dem follow for first na their data suffer pass

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Four People Has Been Confirmed Dead As Fight Breaks Out In Owerri / Osun State Police Command Arrests Two Herbalists With Human Skull, Hands / Facebook User Allegedly Asked Why Nnamdi Kanu Ran Last Night. Affirming Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.