Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! (443 Views)

"They Don't Know That Am Not On The Same Level As Nigerian Artist"-Burna Boy / I Will Always Repeat My Clothes. BBN Star Emmanuel Notifies The Public (pix) / Timaya Isn’t A Dancehall Artiste, He Should Still Be Selling Plantain Chips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! by princeemmma(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nigerian singer and marijuana activist Burna Boy, who just recently declared that he only makes music for himself and his fans, has made another declaration, and this time, he says he is not a Dancehall Artiste as referred to by fans.

It is very apparent that the “Smoke Some Weed” crooner is not in the business of impressing any fellow. He simply does it the way he wants it. And he doesn’t take a moment to consider the way he sends his information across to the public, as long as he sends his message and they are understood by those concerned. Well, that’s how it is with Weed Smokers.

As you know, Burna Boy is always widely referred to as a Ragga or Dancehall act. But he doesn’t seem to appreciate the tag. The singer made known his genre of music to be AFRO FUSION. He took to social media to address thus; “Burna Boy is “NOT” a Dance Hall Artist. AFRO FUSION is what Burna Boy Does. Love, Positivity and Truth!!!”

Well, Burna boy would not be the first Nigerian artist to make such as assertion about making music called “Afro Fusion.” Davido first made this claim during an interview with Darden Ebro on Apple Music Beats 1 radio show.

Re: I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Mtcheeeew. How does that boda me?
Re: I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! by rossyc(f): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
So we should fry indomie.
Re: I’m Not A Dancehall Artist – Burna Boy Notifies!!! by marooh: 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
You create dance and you can't dance...

Microsoft don't know how to operate computers.

Musician and smoke are ally

(1) (Reply)

The Things You Never Knew About Twins That Are Real / Ubi Franklin Payed A Surprise Visit To Paul Okoye’s Twins / See What A.y Told Onazi Before The Nigeria-cameroon Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.