Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day (60779 Views)

One Harsh Reality of Life One Must Accept. / Free Knowledge That Might Save A Life One Day / Free Knowledge That Might Save A Life One Day. Share With Friends And Families.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
Knowledge of number 3 has once saved my life. Never ever ignore safety procedures when flying.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Cannicus: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
SirJeffry:
Knowledge of number 3 has once saved my life. Never ever ignore safety procedures when flying.

You had a water landing?
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by bigtt76(f): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
Your friend is right in some sense ....when driving an automatic transmission car with no gears to change up or down. Yes Automatic transmission cars does have levers with D1, D2 or D3 but they can hardly be used for the engine brake effect undecided

oyekanwahab:

there is need to tell people about this more,
lask week a guy in my area ram is car to a shop because of brake failure, and i was telling him that next time he would have just shift to lower gear and use engin brake to stop and he was like it not possible, that ones brake fail the car would automatically start accelerating by it self
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Alariwo2: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
Very nice and educative post..

Permit me to add some which I observed in Nigeria.

1) Don't think while walking or driving.. Stop somewhere first and clear your heads before hitting the roads.
A well dressed guy I saw one time almost got killed by a train. The guy was so lost in thought that he didn't hear the train horn. People around had to signal before he took to heels and narrowly escaped

2) Remove your earphones while walking for your own safety. It's better to have your sense of hearing working to your advantage than rely on luck.

3) Don't back on-coming vehicles, instead walk on the lane facing them incase of brake failure and the likes. So you can scamper to safety easily.

4) Beware of early morning/ late night rides.. Don't ask me why.
May we not have our hands, legs and head dismembered from our body. Amen!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by bigtt76(f): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
Very true. Surprise you didn't mention - Allahu Akbar most popular they would want to hear. smiley

DarkRebel69:
It's not enough to just know some verses of the Qu'rân. Hypothetically, an attacker – which in this case we've taken to be a fundamentalist moslem – would most likely punt forward common islamic prayers and await your rejoinder. It's less likely that he/she would ask you to recite a quranic verse.

So, in addition to the verses, one should also memorize the basic arabic responses to prayers and greetings; memorize the basic prayers themselves, and be acquainted with the fundamentals of Islam. For example you should know that moslems usually say "Sall Allahu alla-yi wa-sallam" (SAW) after every mention of Prophet Mohammed's name, which translates to: "May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him".

This is particularly useful if you live in or is planning a trip to zones torn apart by religious strife, specifically if islamic fundamentalists are at the nerve-centre of this religious strife.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by dalaman: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
oyekanwahab:

there is need to tell people about this more,
lask week a guy in my area ram is car to a shop because of brake failure, and i was telling him that next time he would have just shift to lower gear and use engin brake to stop and he was like it not possible, that ones brake fail the car would automatically start accelerating by it self

What happens when you are using a car with auto gear?
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by CosmeticChemist(m): 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
LastMumu:
8. If a dog is going to attack you in open place then,

do not run, dog can catch you in no time( since it is open place).
do not look into its eyes( animals can sense fear).
do not show your back( showing back is a sign of fear).
grab a stick if possible. Stand straight and be in attack mode. Walk backwards slowly until you are out of attack zone(200 meters is dog’s attack zone).

9. If you notice you are being followed, Raise your head, and go slowly.

People tend to instinctively lower their head and increase their pace when they sense danger. However, you should do just the contrary: confidently raise your chin, and slow down.

Why? When you follow your first instinct, you become prey. Who or whatever is threatening you, slow down, raise your head, and look sideways to see the danger with your peripheral vision.

10. Suppose you rammed your car into an electric-pole and live current wires on your car then,

Do not panic. Your car tyres are made up of rubber and will work as an insulator. The metal surface of the car acts as a Faraday cage due to which the electric field inside the car is zero.
Do not step out of the vehicle,if you do so you will complete the circuit between wires and earth and you’ll be fried in no time.
Pick up the floor mats in you car and throw them on the ground where you could reach by jumping
Make sure you cover maximum area with mats
Open car door widely( roof top is preferable) then jump onto the mats which you placed earlier.
Make sure you remove two legs at once( keeping one leg inside may complete circuit).

Or you can just watch this demonstration video here on what to do if you find yourself in such situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVzvMTgGDY

Read this last week.. you copied it from Quora.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by FLYFIRE(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
When you check into a hotel make sure to ask for & get acquainted with the emergency exits...you may need it when in trouble. And if possible don't stay lower than second floor or higher than fourth floor in high rise building hotel.. .you may be safer in case of attack or fire incidences.

2 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Why is terrorism usually attributed to Muslims?

Why not tell them to learn Bible verses for terrorism sake ? cheesy

Does that mean that Muslims are terrorists by default? cheesy
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by ALAYORMII: 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
tosyne2much:

How many times have you heard people shouting Jesus be praised before killing or slaughtering people??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by enemyofprogress: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
I have even forgotten everything even before leaving the thread
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by enemyofprogress: 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
tosyne2much:

it's their trademark now

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by FIDELITY24(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
Interesting and Educative, last mumu well done!
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by arcnomec(m): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Be blessed for this life saving tips. At lest,I have read something educative here on nairaland this week.
#lastmumuIsOurManOfTheWeek

4 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by oyekanwahab(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
dalaman:

What happens when you are using a car with auto gear?
engine brake does work on automatic gear, u just have to go from d3 to l1 has ur speed reduces

2 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by shedy03(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
thank you OP.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by harriet412(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
Wow I love this thread..very educative kiss

Nicely written.

But, Lastmumu that arabic part i find it difficult to pronounce talk more of memorizing undecided
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by harriet412(f): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
tosyne2much:

U wantu find trouble now undecided
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by swagdopey: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
I enjoyed every bit of it.. Very educative post.. Nice one @OP
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by samsam2019: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Is this Tue best topic here this year?
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by uvalued(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
Josephjnr:
Educative
beta than hiw rich dude spend their weekend page

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by tosyne2much(m): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
ALAYORMII:

How many times have you heard people shouting Jesus be praised before killing or slaughtering people??
Na true sha cheesy
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by cris07(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
yea, best we've had so far....dis yr.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by tosyne2much(m): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
harriet412:

U wantu find trouble now undecided
Na serious trouble oooo.. Those people are naturally aggressive with low tolerance level cheesy
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by tosyne2much(m): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
it's their trademark now
My hand no dey dis one if dem come oooo cheesy
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by uvalued(m): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
lala seun please i take God beg una.. repeat the thread infact make it to stick put fo frontpage until ghostworkers see am biko
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by charlesucheh(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
That number 15 is wack!!! How can you just run into a pole? They will just gun you down and assume you're less!!!!!
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by ifeolamide00(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
nice write up,God bless you op,
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by KINGS100(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
these are enlightening and life saving tnx.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by oyekanwahab(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
bigtt76:
Your friend is right in some sense ....when driving an automatic transmission car with no gears to change up or down. Yes Automatic transmission cars does have levers with D1, D2 or D3 but they can hardly be used for the engine brake effect undecided

they can actually be used for it
u can google engine brake with auto transmission
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by julietm123: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
So you will deny Christianity and Christ to keep your life. Abeg it's not worth it. May we not see even is my prayer. So it's now to go and cram Koran to keep our life.smh.
cristianisraeli:

Yes i agree..am a christian but i know the koran and surah as well..its called art of war

3 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Lamzee(m): 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Read this last week.. you copied it from Quora.
You read it all alone to your self without Sharing,Quora also copied it from somewhere

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books / Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha / Former US Teacher Of The Year Arrested For Having Sex With 17-Year-Old Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.