Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? (31153 Views)

2015 Top 20 Richest Nigerian Musicians, See Their Net Worth / Jay-z Is Not The Richest Rapper. Diddy Is / Who's The Richest ~rapper~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by PoDeep(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2007
Yea, I keep tellin' dudes Jay-z's d richest & they're always like its diddy, its diddy & at d end I'm always like ok, ok.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by denex: 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
@Big shishi

Damon Dash & Russel Simmons, I would call passers. If they rap, it's in their shower. Puffy too is not really a rapper he sells clothes to make money.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by denex: 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
@Big shishi

Damon Dash & Russel Simmons, I would call passers. If they rap, it's in their shower. Puffy too is not really a rapper he sells clothes to make money.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by ayefele200(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2007
diddy is the world richest, rated over JAY Z, about 262 millions dollars, but 50CENT is gettin close thou
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 08, 2007
Fiddy is officially d MAN, with coca cola buying out the company he owns a stake in he is definitely the richest rappers, Bleep all ya'll fiddy haters,,,, d guys is a business guru!!!
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by mrmetoo(m): 2:40am On Jun 08, 2007
Here's a link

http://blogs.mochacity.com/blog-entry/315/jay-z-is-2007-s-richest-rapper-/

But I believe diddy still has more assets that both of them because jay-z got where he is by selling his companies while diddy still has all his companies intact. Fiddy's wealth is so impressive within so short a period
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by thegame(m): 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2007
Diddy is still the richest and don't even put 50's name as the richest.Is he the only one to ever buy a company shares?That guy would never beat jigga and diddy
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by PoDeep(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2007
Prolly.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by otoidea(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2007
no need 4 plenty talk, how u gon upgrade him, wats higher than number 1!

http://panachereport.com/channels/coverstories/jennifer.htm

1. jay
2. fiddy
3. phuffy
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by freshkid(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2007
Jay Z jst sold rocawear 4 $204 mil n he is nw ahead of Diddy wit bout 200mil. ROC 4 LYF.
1. Jay Z
2. 50 cent
3. Diddy
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by PoDeep(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
Once again, jay-z wins. I keep tellin' n.ggaz, jigga's d richest.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by PoDeep(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
Once again, jay-z wins. I keep tellin' n.ggaz, jigga's d richest.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by thegame(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
freshkid:

Jay Z jst sold rocawear 4 $204 mil n he is nw ahead of Diddy wit bout 200mil. ROC 4 LYF.
1. Jay Z
2. 50 cent
3. Diddy
WHat is wrong with you and Po Deep? You mean cos jigga sold rocawear for 204 mil cash makes him the richest. I don't think you know that being the richest is not about how much you have in your account but how much is generated into your account. What if diddy sells his Sean John which i wouldn't want him to do. YOu think sean john is worth less than 500 mil?If you think so, better rethink. Sean John clothing line is worth more than 500 mil.
DIDDY IS STILL THE RICHEST EVEN IF JIGGA SELLS ROCAFELLA AS A WHOLE. ANd don't forget he betrayed the other 2 owners of rocawear by selling rocawear. Hope you know this? cheesy
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by mrmetoo(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2007
thegame:

WHat is wrong with you and Po Deep? You mean because jigga sold rocawear for 204 mil cash makes him the richest. I don't think you know that being the richest is not about how much you have in your account but how much is generated into your account. What if diddy sells his Sean John which i wouldn't want him to do. YOu think sean john is worth less than 500 mil?If you think so, better rethink. Sean John clothing line is worth more than 500 mil.
DIDDY IS STILL THE RICHEST EVEN IF JIGGA SELLS ROCAFELLA AS A WHOLE. ANd don't forget he betrayed the other 2 owners of rocawear by selling rocawear. Hope you know this? cheesy

Thats my point too but the people that do the rankings probably do it by what is in your account or so which makes jay-z the richest and diddy third. If diddy starts selling his companies, which I too hope he doesn't, he would blow all of 'em out of the water. Even just his Sean John cologne has been generating million per month for both Sean John and Estee Lauder (which has been one of their best-selling fragrances ever). So Sean John as a whole is definitely worth a lot
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by PoDeep(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2007
Like I always end these kinda arguments: OK, u're right. Peace.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by A40(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2007
They say its Diddy but me think its Jigga, i mean he grossed 38mil last year alone, and for you guys talking about Baby and co, that guy does not have a quarter of Jayz's money, And for you all that all said Jigga cant rap im just gonna act like i didnt hear that

ROCAFELLA YALL
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by echowords(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
Jigga Ma Nigga
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by Iman3(m): 12:59am On Jun 15, 2007
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/53/07celebrities_50-Cent_M80Q.html
Power Rank 32
Pay $33 mil
Category: Hip-Hop Impresario Pay Rank 26
Web Rank 11
Press Rank 67
TV/Radio Rank 59

The former drug dealer presides over the expansive G-Unit empire, which includes a record label (Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep), apparel, ringtones, videogames and even a line of G-Unit street fiction books. The chiseled rapper also owns a small stake in VitaminWater; in June, Coca-Cola announced it would buy the brand for $4.1 billion. (His estimated $100 million take will be counted toward next year's Celebrity 100 list, following official consummation of the deal.) Recently listed his 50-room Connecticut manse, appraised at $20 million, on the market. He bought it for $4 million in 2003.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/53/07celebrities_50-Cent_M80Q.html
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by Iman3(m): 1:00am On Jun 15, 2007
Power Rank 9
Pay $83 mil
Category: Hip-Hop Impresario Pay Rank 7
Web Rank 10
Press Rank 47
TV/Radio Rank 50

While most of us pine for retirement, the native New Yorker couldn't stand the view from the sidelines following his 2003 farewell Black Album. Despite a busy schedule as chief of Def Jam, his comeback album, Kingdom Come, debuted at the top of Billboard's pop and rap charts. Owns a small stake in the New Jersey Nets, plus two locations of his 40/40 clubhouse. In March, he sold his Rocawear apparel label to Iconix for $204 million. Did we mention Beyonce?

[url]http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/53/07celebrities_Jay-Z_WRB5.html
[/url]
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by Iman3(m): 1:05am On Jun 15, 2007
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/53/07celebrities_Sean-(Diddy)-Combs_CC4I.html

Power Rank 43
Pay $23 mil
Category: Hip-Hop Impresario Pay Rank 55
Web Rank 4
Press Rank 48
TV/Radio Rank 31

Hip-hop's dapper don is the brains behind Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment, which includes the Warner-backed Bad Boy Records, Sean John clothing line and Unforgivable cologne label. Last year he released Press Play, his first album in four years, which debuted at the top of Billboard's pop and rap charts. Executive producer of Taquita & Kaui, Making the Band, and Run's House, all on MTV; owns New York and Atlanta location of his Justin's restaurants. By year's end, Diddy's empire grew yet again when his longtime girlfriend Kim Porter gave birth to twin girls.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by thegame(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2007
A-40:

They say its Diddy but me think its Jigga, i mean he grossed 38mil last year alone, and for you guys talking about Baby and co, that guy does not have a quarter of Jayz's money, And for you all that all said Jigga can't rap im just going to act like i didnt hear that

ROCAFELLA YALL
Number 1,
he grossed 38 million from what business?All of a particular one?
Also, Point of correction, BAby has a more than quarter of jigga's money. For God's sake, that guy is Cash Money CEO.HE is also rich

Vroom on a yamaha, chromed out eleven hundred,
what we doing getting money
what they doing, hating on us but they never cross
cash money still still a company and b i t c h i'm the boss
and i be stunting like my daddy

Number2,
The mansion you said he bought for 4 million was bought for like 5 mil or so and he refurbished it with 6 mil. so what do you think?he shd sell it for 7 mil?NO. I wouldn't do that. He added nnsense to his house. he added a strip club,helipad, senseless pools and so on and the designers thought that was a great money maker for them

Number3,
What do u think money is?Paper that grows on tree?WHy will coca cola buy vitamin water for 4 billion? That will even make the guy richer than oprah winfrey and b.e.t owner. Boy, be sure before you post please. Thank yo. Diddy is still the richest. He generates money geniously and doesn't buy senseless hummers and lamborghinis
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by A40(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2007
@thegame
It is still Jigga my guy, how many rappers make close to that amount in a year? to hell with cashmoney its just rap my guy let them lay out their assets do you think its by rented whips and rhymes, cashmoney still the company and b**** im the boss, its not by that one dont believe the hype
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by danniecool(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2007
1 Jay Z

2 P Diddy

3 50 cent

$ Others
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by echowords(m): 2:38am On Jun 29, 2007
Number3,
What do u think money is?Paper that grows on tree?WHy will coca cola buy vitamin water for 4 billion? That will even make the guy richer than oprah winfrey and b.e.t owner. Boy, be sure before you post please. Thank yo. Diddy is still the richest. He generates money geniously and doesn't buy senseless hummers and lamborghinis

I thought this was stated clearly. coca cola paid 4 billion for the company and 400mil of that is going to 50, if everything
works out.
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by thegame(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2007
A-40:

@thegame
It is still Jigga my guy, how many rappers make close to that amount in a year? to hell with cashmoney its just rap my guy let them lay out their assets do you think its by rented whips and rhymes, cashmoney still the company and b**** im the boss, its not by that one don't believe the hype

What thehell is wrong with you?Don't you know who diddy is? You know what?I ain't arguing about this anymore. Ok?
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by ayettymama(f): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2008
WHERE DID JAY GET 300MIL 4RM? I UNDERSTAND DIDDY COS HE HAS BAD BOI, BUT WHAT DOES JIGGA HAVE? HE ONLY CO OWNS WHAT HE HAS AND HE AINT THE ONLY OWNER, HIS ALBUMS ARENT THE GREATEST SELLING SO SOME ONE TELL ME WHERE HIS MONEY COMES 4RM?
BESIDES THESE PEOPLE ONLY REPORT WHAT THEY KNOW, HOW DO YOU KNOW 50 CENT DOESNT RUN A DRUG AND SLAVE SHIP AND IS GETTING MILLIONS? HOW DO YOU KNOW NAS ISNT EARNING BIG GS IN REAL ESTATE AND INVESTMENT? NONE OF THEM WILL EVER SAY I HAVE THIS MUCH IN THE BANK COS THEYLL HAVE TO PAY ALOT OF TAX. BUT THEM FORBE LISTS ARE BULLSHIT!!!!!
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by creamofluv: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2008
Do guys think this rapper get their money off the units of album they sold? Nah, Remember they both have business ventures by the side, yielding them lotta money every yr, but we all think its the rap game giving them all the money, nah,
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by TheSly: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2008
according to forbes.com
its Jay-z till date! cool
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by QueenB1(f): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2008
Its bad boy baby. P.Diddy ofcourse who else. The guy is sexy and intelligent he knows how to make big time money. hehe kiss. Bad Boy forever, wink
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by Chacal: 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2008
As things stand. . . . 50 cent is the RICHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by tipsy289(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2008
Jay-z doesnt really have $360 million or diddy have that much.They added the value of Roc-a-fella and other enterprises they have although Bad Boy value was not added to diddy wealth(with Bad Boy he'll be $800 million).
Re: Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? by freshkid(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2008
C'mon guys, dnt b ignorant. Browse thru d internet b4 comin up with a conclusion. If Forbes rates Jay Z d richest rapper alive who r u 2 tlk. Wel u cud tlk if u build up a reputation lyk frobes 4 urself. Their sole revenue for last years r as follows:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/15/hip-hop-millionaires-biz-cx_lg_0816hiphop.html

And 4 d dude asking what Jay Z has i hope u r not too ignorant 2 c what Forbes claim Jay Z has. Do u evn listen 2 entertainment news? He has wot no oda rapper has. He has nw gone into real estate. J Hotels just launched dis New Year.

1. Jay-Z - $34 million
2. 50 Cent - $32 million
3. Diddy - $28 million
4. Timbaland - $21 million
5. Dr. Dre - $20 million
6. Eminem - $18 million
7. Snoop Dogg - $17 million
8. Kanye West - $17 million
9. Pharrell Williams - $17 million
10. Scott Storch - $17 million
11. Ludacris - $16 million
12. T.I. - $16 million
13. OutKast - $14 million
14. Lil Jon - $14 million
15. Ice Cube - $13 million
16. Jermaine Dupri - $12 million
17. Swizz Beatz - $12 million
18. Chamillionaire - $11 million
19. The Game - $11 million
20. Yung Joc - $10 million

this was evn b4 Jay Z sold Roca Wear for $240 mil.

http://streetcensus..com/2007/08/baallinnn-top-20-richest-rappers.html

heres another link;
http://blogs.mochacity.com/blog-entry/315/jay-z-is-2007-s-richest-rapper-/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Posts Davido’s Timeless On His Instagram Story And Twitter Page. / Official Video: P-square Ft T.I - Ejeajo / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.