Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion (27601 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Prince Ishola Foundation Earmarks N500million To Fund Education For Orphans / Arthur Eze On Track To Establish A University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by iamchybs(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
The President and founder of Dangote Foundation, Aliko Dangote, has set aside N200 billion to establish a world-class university in Abuja.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the proposal has since been delivered to the National Universities Commission, NUC.

A former Executive Secretary of the NUC, Julius Okojie, who is the chairman of the technical team for the establishment of the university, said the foundation intends to drive technology and research in stimulating economic growth.

Mr Okojie, who led his team to the current Executive Secretary of the commission, Abubakar Rasheed, said the proposed university is meant to be technology-driven and asked for the cooperation and support of the NUC towards the realisation of the goal.

According to a National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, publication, the team, accompanied by the Chief Executive Officer, CEO of the foundation, Zouera Yousouffou, disclosed that Mr. Dangote’s desire was to float a unique university of technology with all the necessary infrastructure and best faculty members from across the globe.

Mr. Rasheed, who applauded the bold step, promised to offer all the needed assistance for the success of the project.

He, however, advised the team to reconsider its plan of establishing a university of technology to ‘a conventional university running all programmes but with specialty in the area of technology.’

The executive secretary, who underscored the advantages of the conventional university over the special one, said with the countless impacts on society by the business mogul, the project would be a success.

He asked the team to consult widely and look at the universities in Nigeria and abroad with a view to creating a unique university that would be different in terms of quality in all its operations.

In her remarks, Mrs. Yousouffou said the foundation was ready to make the dream a reality with the sum of N200 billion already earmarked for the project.

She said the land was purchased and preliminary measures were in place for the headquarters of the university at the nation’s capital city of Abuja.

Mr. Dangote is a Nigerian mega-entrepreneur cum billionaire, who owns the Dangote Group, which has interests in diverse commodities.

The company with massive business tentacles operates principally in Nigeria but has corporate interests in other African countries.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/241301-dangote-establish-university-abuja-earmarks-n200-billion.html/amp

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Livebygrace: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2017
Good development

18 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by holywahala19(m): 7:48am On Aug 24, 2017
cheesy

A welcome development.
this man want to 'penetrate' all sectors in this country.
Business oriented man.
u deserve my respect.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Tolexander: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Dangote is just taking the risk, venturing into every sector. This is expected of a real business man.

Dangote seems to be announced as the commercial President of Nigeria. Since every decision he makes now can affect the whole Nigerian market.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Osas83(f): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Why not build it in Eko Atlantic

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by longtalf: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Livebygrace:
Good development
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by wristbangle: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2017
Osas83:

He already has a building project in Eko Atlantic

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2017
This man sha, I love his business acumen.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by cy4cent(f): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by dingbang(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
This man has sense more that the presidency

7 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Franco93: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Exactly what we need. This is so good. Our educational system is collapsing. We need a well recycled western eduction.

We need to update our syllabus to the latest knowledge and discoveries.
During my secondary school days, my teacher taught me with the same note, she was taught during her secondary school days, and she is even proud of it.
Now in my university, our lecturers recycle 2007/2008 past questions and set for us. Now tell me how we can excel beyond our predecessors?

Last semester, I had an argument with my lecturer that the sun moves, and he threatened to fail me if I write it in the examination, because his outdated lecture note says otherwise.
Dangote, we need your standard school, my children will attend.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by hucienda: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Impressive.

Aliko, ride on!

7 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by zaragoza(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Good development

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by aku626(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2017
While our lazy leaders cross their legs one man continues to build nigeria or should I say buy Nigeria? Education, Power, FMCG and so on. Telecom and Technology coming soon

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Jadmchris(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2017
Thé huzzle is réal
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by KevinDein: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice one by Dangote.
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2017
I won't be surprise when I wake up and see the new name of Nigeria is FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DANGOTE

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by hecha38(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2017
Real business man. If you want to get rich simply spend your life getting assets. Assets feed you and liabilites eat you. I bet if you give that money to a normal person he immediately will spend the lot of it on liabilities (A new car, a house in Lekki, vacation to Dubai and so on) Thats the difference btw the rich and the poor and the reason why the rich get richer and the poor poorer.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by loadedvibes: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2017
This man self... which sector him no go out hand?.. he is fast becoming a corporation and will eventually take over nigeria and monopolize it. if something is not done to foster competition

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2017
One of these days, we just might hear that Dangote has bought a state. Dangote State grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
In the stock market, once there is a little movement in points of DANCEM( dangote cement), the whole stock market shakes! He's that important in the Nigerian economy.
Tolexander:
Dangote is just taking the risk, venturing into every sector. This is expected of a real business man.

Dangote seems to be announced as the commercial President of Nigeria. Since every decision he makes now can affect the whole Nigerian market.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by laurel03(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Baba God oh Emi na fe lowo.. Dangote olorimeji Na beg I dey beg oh Olorun orun (pick up my call)
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by jahsharon: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Osas83:

It is same as Abuja Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by LIFEisSIMPLE: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
If the Nigerian government wants to prove to the east that it embraces it. They should encourage that this university be built in the east. There is no northern presence in the east
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Odunharry(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Aliko nice one.
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by dikason017(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
good step
Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by ibkgab001: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Democratic republic of Dangote loading

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Victornezzar: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2017
Baba just should just pick up presidential forma ahbeg
He should follow d way of Trump

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by seegi(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2017
Chai!!! In Abuja (An expensive city) So Automatically the school will be an expensive one for the elite only.... All d way sha Kudos to dis Man, I like him

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion by Financialfree: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2017
That's the entrepreneur's mindset of putting people first and paper money Will always chase you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Relay Race: Father And Daughter Graduation Photos / Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.