Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU (389 Views)

What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science / Siwes (it) Report For Library And Information Science Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU by Elijah107(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2017
Imsu Elijah

There is one event that tells you the academic year is winding down, it is the dinner night of Library and Information Science Department.

Library and information science is a 4-year Degree Programme that runs under the largest faculty in imo state university owerri; Faculty of Education.

Hosted at Executive Garden Suite, the Award night of Library and Information Science has become one which many students and indeed the entire University Community look forward to every year.

A glamorous night where a student can dress to impress, the dinner night surpasses every other event that the Office of Student activities and involvement has ever organized in departmental bases in imo state university 2017.

There is usually a red carpet stand where you can have that one last memento photo of the semester with friends, this particular award night, held on Wednesday 16th august, was no exception, all to the credit of the 2017 executives led by Mr. Cosmos Augustus Nnaji (President) and well packaged event by the socials director Mr. Dozyworld Dozie and Imsu Elijah media cordinator.

Over twenty – five students received various award at the ceremony for their outstanding and positive contributions to the development of the department and institution at large.

Etz Djfresh and MC Aso Rock da Comedian spiced up the night with sweet jokes and music played as interludes between each award presentation. The announcement of Mc Aso Rock da Comedian as the host MC for the event created joy, unbolting the atmosphere.

The musical likes of X-busta, Rapper Leeroy Afrika , Mestar Icon, Mrr Leo, Anogide Chidera Cflex among many others also entertained the attendees before the kickoff and at the end also.

Alex Paddy Obi an ex-student of the institution received a top award as most distinguished student leader said

“'Finding out about my award did not just make me joyful but also increased my love and passion for this great department.

Victor Ceaser an achiever, received top award as most outstanding personality among many others who were also awarded said

“am grateful to God for this honor, when I was in school some years ago, I found the curriculum of this department very interesting because it is skill-based and makes you think critically. It was really helpful in exposing and preparing me to do well while in school and now. Also, I enjoyed the privilege of being taught by highly competent and committed lecturers in this great department, am forever grateful.

The recipients supported the award with cash and plagues as the event ended in all its glory.

It was really a night of reunion, celebration and fun for students and invited guests with electrifying performances (Mc Aso Rock da Comedian and others), much to eat for every one that attended and dishing out of awards to deserving students.

Photo credit: IMSU ELIJAH

CC: Lalasicla

Re: Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU by Elijah107(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2017
pls help move to front page, thanks
Re: Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU by abelprice(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Award wey them dey buy
Re: Student Achievers Honored At Award Night Of Library And Information Science IMSU by Elijah107(m): 9:30am On Aug 24, 2017
abelprice:
Award wey them dey buy
no bro, this one was not bought, it had sponsorship from the school management

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Commotion As Federal Poly Bauchi Students Protest At .... / How To Prepare Ofada Stew Recipe In Nigeria [must Read] / Niger Delta University 2017/18 PUME Is Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.