Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? (11611 Views)

Continent With The Lowest IQ Ranking / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2017
1k for 4 months!

OP i cut cap 4 u o.

From July 3 till August 7, na 1k sustain me, the thing still dey suprise me till date but my trekking no be here, i no pray make anybody experience am o!

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by riseabovehate: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2017
kestino:
Being an average student in the higher institution in nigeria is really worrysome. Taking about finance, most times we are promised by parents, relations, friends and others that they will try to send some funds to you to enable you stay well at school, but most times we never receive any alert, we just have to over adjust to what we have, or most times start making unplanned visits to fellow coursemates to see if anything can come out, sometimes just to eat, go back home and sleep. My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.
Lets share our experience as a student.
Scholarship helped boys especially buying of text.
Home front wasn't doing bad.
I bless God for the grace to survive and came out out victorious.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by MukhtarBj: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Zizaboni:
i have a great deal for you. I give you my banner to attach to your post, and i do an artwork for you.. Interested?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kahaled1(m): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2017
phantom02:
with foodstuffs and provision/cosmetics,,5k cn b enough 4 a week

the sole reason why I want to enter yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2017
kahaled1:

the sole reason why I want to enter yahoo yahoo
Then your reason, no be here!

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
freezyprinzy:
5k for one month
if you school in the north west with this amount, my brother "you're a big time baller"

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
kestino:
Being an average student in the higher institution in nigeria is really worrysome. Taking about finance, most times we are promised by parents, relations, friends and others that they will try to send some funds to you to enable you stay well at school, but most times we never receive any alert, we just have to over adjust to what we have, or most times start making unplanned visits to fellow coursemates to see if anything can come out, sometimes just to eat, go back home and sleep. My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.

1000 for four months?? Food stuffs included abi
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by freezyprinzy(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

if you school in the north west with this amount, my brother "you're a big time baller"
hell no are you serious grin
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by NairalandSARS: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2017
N1000 in four months is equivalent to less than N10 per day.

Op, haba! You no sabi lie.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

not anymore bro. Those era are over
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nostradamus: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Hehe
If I tell u my own ehn u won't believe.

My family is okay, not that we are dangote - like family.
Sometimes I will go home and dad will give me #500 for pocket money and I will be like hehe how do u expect me to survive with this. One time I was so broke ehn and I heard my dad would be coming to Abk for an event and I knew he would check on me. And my housemate were already happy hoping something go enter their pockets . But unfortunately my dad fell my hand and gave me #150, e pain me die. My housemates were like let's cook na sebi ur paale don show.
I couldnt open mouth to tell them he gave me #150 for the month.

But if u tell daddy ur hand out is millions, he wont question u, just bring home the receipt. grin

Moral of it is he actually wanted us to know the true value of money. And when we all grew up he he always like" do u now see how hard getting money is? "

He is an ijebu man to the core and I love him still cos he made me to know how to do with little change and be comfortable.
if this story is true,I mean your dad giving you #500,then,er er ,am afraid,your dad is stingy.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2017
RexEmmyGee:
not anymore bro. Those era are over
I'm happy for you!

As 4 we wey dey dere, better days ahead!
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by tosyne2much(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2017
Mine was N500 per week especially when I had no assignment for the week

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2017
freezyprinzy:
hell no are you serious grin
No pun intended here!
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Yewandequeen(f): 8:01am On Aug 25, 2017
Nostradamus:
if this story is true,I mean your dad giving you #500,then,er er ,am afraid,your dad is stingy.

He isn't.
Flash news, the moment I finished school ehn,there is no amount I asked and he denied me of.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by charles1997: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2017
Every body has his or her story, mine was bad then. In 2014 I was walking from my house to my baes house for 30mins just to have break fast. It was so bad that I had 150in my wallet for two weeks waiting for my people to send me something which they never did.

Govt is suppose to give student loan. How would one pass when he thinks of how to survive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by faorex(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2017
at least 5k for an architecture student.. but right Now I'm living on 1k per week.. 500 transport per week, 500 for papers and other assignment for the week... even the 1k is not stable....God just bless my parents or else....there was a day my dad came to school with his friend and while leaving. he only dropped 500 for me and my bro for a week.. even his friend just said face your studies,he didn't drop a kobo. .I started crying after they left..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Alitair(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2017
This is one of the major reasons stealing and illegal ways thrive in our campuses. Imagine schooling in Owerri and you have 5k/mnth. The only other option is to look for a laptop. +1 yahooboi for efcc to tackle. Some girls are so industrious, they runs and still do yahoo @ d same time. God bless their hustle

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Namdeenero(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2017
Only people with GOOD saving ability can manage in the tertiary institutions these days... I spend close to 40k every weekend, I have pets sha.

God help me
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2017
shinarlaura:
Wooow.... 1000 for months?. Impossible

Fine gal..
Can i hav a little taste pls tongue
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by pendragon35(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Lolx fellow bro in the building.It ain't easy shal bt the coursẽ can suck man dry xpecially during semester projects.
thank God for mumsy nd late popsy God bless them abundantly.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by wildchild02: 8:23am On Aug 25, 2017
I was able to survive with 5k back in 100level in year 200X tongue

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

I'm happy for you!

As 4 we wey dey dere, better days ahead!
You sure you didn't quote the wrong person? Can you live on 5k a month in north west as a student now
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Bowaley17(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Just 3k for my bro and I for a month, sometimes less than that. Na to dey do gbenusi no be atenu, Na one love remain...
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by girl4rmspace(f): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2017
kestino:

1 thousand for 4 months? What! No way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 8:28am On Aug 25, 2017
RexEmmyGee:
You sure you didn't quote the wrong person? Can you live on 5k a month in north west as a student now
Yes, i can
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

Yes, i can
Good. With foodstuff already on ground abi.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by girl4rmspace(f): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2017
1000 daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 8:32am On Aug 25, 2017
RexEmmyGee:
Good. With foodstuff already on ground abi.

No, you want ma i break am down for you?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

No, you want ma i break am down for you?
oya now
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by othman11(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2017
10-15k monthly. ( including handouts fees)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LAUTECH: We 'll Not Let Go Our Joint Property - Osun Assembly / Where Can A Statistics Graduate Bsc Work In Nigeria / Kperogi: Adamu Adamu's Admission Of Failure Will Be More Genuine If He Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.