Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? (11612 Views)

Continent With The Lowest IQ Ranking / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by othman11(m): 8:38am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

No, you want ma i break am down for you?
yes
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by moses93(m): 8:39am On Aug 25, 2017
I think this will helpful to someone like me that am planning to go to school by God's grace even though I have not got the money for my registrations yet, but, I believe God will provide for me before the registrations closes. thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by negz1(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2017
All dese fictions am seeing here .. weedon
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2017
RexEmmyGee:
oya now
local rice 3 mudu; 990.
Palm oil &groundnut oil 1 bottle each: 600
Dry pepper: 100
Seasoning: 380
T-fare 400 per week (coming back not included) x 4: 1600
Toothpaste: 360.
Washing/Bathing soap: 420.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2017
othman11:
yes
go read am na!
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by shinarlaura(f): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2017
Assman:

Fine gal..
Can i hav a little taste pls tongue

Ewooo. A taste of what? grin soup?.... I didn't cook today wink

Fine boy how re u doing today?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by harriet412(f): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2017
The least is 10k for one month.. anything lower than that, na wahala be dat oo undecided
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by moshi234(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Hehe
If I tell u my own ehn u won't believe.

My family is okay, not that we are dangote - like family.
Sometimes I will go home and dad will give me #500 for pocket money and I will be like hehe how do u expect me to survive with this. One time I was so broke ehn and I heard my dad would be coming to Abk for an event and I knew he would check on me. And my housemate were already happy hoping something go enter their pockets . But unfortunately my dad fell my hand and gave me #150, e pain me die. My housemates were like let's cook na sebi ur paale don show.
I couldnt open mouth to tell them he gave me #150 for the month.

But if u tell daddy ur hand out is millions, he wont question u, just bring home the receipt. grin

Moral of it is he actually wanted us to know the true value of money. And when we all grew up he he always like" do u now see how hard getting money is? "

He is an ijebu man to the core and I love him still cos he made me to know how to do with little change and be comfortable.
But bros with year be DAT oo
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

local rice 3 mudu; 990.

Wow. Na only rice and groundnut u dy chop
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by ExperTrait(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true............Oga how many months dey in a semester na.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by trexzee: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by tomieyRozay: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2017
I collect 30k and it's not enough
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2017
Well,I kinda agree with op because in my own situation, some times if I get 1k in a month it will be like living large and the craziest thing is that I can't ask because I know the kinda stories I will hear.
Sometimes in months, I no dey see one naira but I dey get foodstuff
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

local rice 3 mudu; 990.

Thanks bro. I learnt alot from you.

God bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2017
kestino:
Being an average student in the higher institution in nigeria is really worrysome. Taking about finance, most times we are promised by parents, relations, friends and others that they will try to send some funds to you to enable you stay well at school, but most times we never receive any alert, we just have to over adjust to what we have, or most times start making unplanned visits to fellow coursemates to see if anything can come out, sometimes just to eat, go back home and sleep. My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.
Lets share our experience as a student.

U guys all lack respect. Can't you guys greet me? I made 2 ftc in just one morning. Cmon am a genius.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by vickydevoka(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2017
I wouldn't lie, mine was 25-30k. parents sends 15k de rest are my hustle. man need buy cloth. drink some bear n do some stuff
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2017
My 100L and 200L days were terrible
But i was a great saver, even though i got the least allowance among my goons, i never borrowed
I get N5k allowee
At the end of the month, i save between 1.5k and 2.5k and add the money to my previous savings, when my foodstuffs finished, myself and my roommate we go to market and buy in bulk, i was never broke but still i couldn't enjoy some kine sweet mouth,
300L, i started something small with my savings
And business have been moving, I'm a little comfortable but not satisfied.
400L go soon start now, more money to my akant IJN. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2017
moshi234:

But bros with year be DAT oo
Am a lady.

2008-2011
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2017
50 dollars
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2017
I go back to school every semester with foodstuffs plus my dad always send me money when the one I have finish, am not a lavish spender though. I love my dad.

But mostly its 3k per week(N100 transport money everyday inclusive)cool.

I always do budget padding with textbook money, I cannot come and kee myself grin.

A girl has so many needs.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by buckyfof(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2017
5k per week, could rise due to contigencies
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2017
girl4rmspace:
1000 daily
You no get problem I swear.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by NarnieSnyper(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2017
During my 100lvl days, I was managing 15k a month. I just respected myself by not even getting a girlfriend.....and I dey pack foodstuff wella before leaving home. So 15k was always enough for me.

Advice for my broke or managing brothers, don't have a girlfriend(especially the very pretty ones) if you are not financially ok, unless if she's a girl who likes you for who and who you are.

God bless you, Ify for giving "everything" even if I don't remember spending a dime on u

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by jojothaiv(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2017
RexEmmyGee:
Wow. Na only rice and groundnut u dy chop
Man must survive nd i no mention groundnut na groundnut oil i talk!
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Hehe
If I tell u my own ehn u won't believe.

My family is okay, not that we are dangote - like family.
Sometimes I will go home and dad will give me #500 for pocket money and I will be like hehe how do u expect me to survive with this. One time I was so broke ehn and I heard my dad would be coming to Abk for an event and I knew he would check on me. And my housemate were already happy hoping something go enter their pockets . But unfortunately my dad fell my hand and gave me #150, e pain me die. My housemates were like let's cook na sebi ur paale don show.
I couldnt open mouth to tell them he gave me #150 for the month.

But if u tell daddy ur hand out is millions, he wont question u, just bring home the receipt. grin

Moral of it is he actually wanted us to know the true value of money. And when we all grew up he he always like" do u now see how hard getting money is? "

He is an ijebu man to the core and I love him still cos he made me to know how to do with little change and be comfortable.
150 a month.
to do what na... is dat how to knw d value of money

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by timmykaydude: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2017
shinarlaura:
Wooow.... 1000 for months?. Impossible
pretty laura,what about yours?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Yewandequeen(f): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
150 a month.
to do what na... is dat how to knw d value of money

Well that's the way he knows to train his child. Many ladies of now can't live on such without adding sugar daddy aristo business.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2017
DRPAIT123:
1000 for months.....outrightly impossible
thats why i said its hard to believe, but knowing the family am from, i just gat to comply.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2017
Yewandequeen:

Well that's the way he knows to train his child. Many ladies of now can't live on such without adding sugar daddy aristo business.
if that's d reason why girls go for sugar daddy. .den I can't blame them. how can u possibly survive with such amount a month.. is either u supplement it with begging or hustling.
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by RexEmmyGee: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

Man must survive nd i no mention groundnut na groundnut oil i talk!
lol. Okay o

God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can A Statistics Graduate Bsc Work In Nigeria / UTME 2017: JAMB To Hold Twitter Live Chat Tomorrow 3rd March, 2017 / Kperogi: Adamu Adamu's Admission Of Failure Will Be More Genuine If He Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.