Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (263 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For MAY 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THEME: YOUR NATURE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS .

Friday, August 25th .
Pastor Chris

OPENING SCRIPTURE: For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

The Bible definition of righteousness doesn’t mean right living; right living is a result of righteousness. You can’t live right until you’re righteous. Thus, righteousness, essentially, is a nature; the nature of God that produces in a human person, the rightness of God. That nature or ability to do right was imparted to your spirit when you were born again. Thus, your true and only nature is one of righteousness.

I’ve heard some people say that when a person is born again, his old nature and the new nature in Christ co-exist, but that’s not true. Now that you’re born again, the life and nature of God has completely supplanted the human life and nature with which you were born by your biological parents. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

The man who’s born again is a completely new species, one that never existed before. He has only one nature, which is the divine nature—the nature of righteousness: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust” (2 Peter 1:4). There’s no other nature in you except the nature of God, which is the nature of righteousness.

This is why it’s possible for you to live right and do the will of God. The righteousness of God in you is a force that causes you to do the will of God.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for I’ve received the gift of righteousness; therefore, I reign in life, over and above the world’s system that condemns. I have right standing in your presence because every form of guilt and condemnation has been taken away, and I’ve received of your nature of righteousness, and walk accordingly, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:1-4 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13,
Psalms 135-138

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:35-43,
1 Samuel 13

(1) (Reply)

God Has A Better Plan For Every Human On Earth But… (episode 3) / Existence In General To Me; Is A Misery Ministry.’’ / A Target Of Forces?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.