Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,019 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 (2666 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 7:31am On Jan 01
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

MONDAY 1ST JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: PRODUCT OF WORDS

THEME SCRIPTURE: But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:36-37).

A witness is a proof producer; one who has evidence. We produce evidence that Jesus is alive and that His message of salvation is a message that works. Hallelujah! 2 Corinthians 5:19 says, “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” This is our message.

Jesus brought humanity out of sin so that they might inherit His righteousness. He brought us out of death, pain and penury so that we might have life to the full and live in prosperity, health and wellness. Now we can help those who don’t know Him to discover His light, learn about Him and receive His righteousness. He saved us and made us His partners in saving others.

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 says, “We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation)." We’re living in the day of salvation, the day of God’s grace, today. Hallelujah!

As we approach the end of this present world, we’re to live circumspectly, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:28). He wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). That’s why He sent us to preach the Good News of salvation.

In Matthew 9:37-38, Jesus said to His disciples, “... The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” We’re His labourers for the end-time harvest, sent with the message of His saving power. We’re the bearers of the Gospel of His grace. What an honour!

PRAYER
I chart a greater and brighter future for myself with my words. I take my place of dominion and I reign in the Name of Jesus over circumstances through words. I speak the right words only, thereby effecting changes in my family, health, business and ministry. The world is subject to me. I walk in righteousness and produce works of righteousness. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

James 3:6;
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Proverbs 16:24
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Matthew 1; Genesis 1-2

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 5:33-42; Nehemiah 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 7:50am On Jan 02

TUESDAY 2ND JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: WE'RE HIS WITNESSES

THEME SCRIPTURE: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8 ).

A witness is a proof producer; one who has evidence. We produce evidence that Jesus is alive and that His message of salvation is a message that works. Hallelujah! 2 Corinthians 5:19 says, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." This is our message.

Jesus brought humanity out of sin so that they might inherit His righteousness. He brought us out of death, pain and penury so that we might have life to the full and live in prosperity, health and wellness. Now we can help those who don't know Him to discover His light, learn about Him and receive His righteousness. He saved us and made us His partners in saving others.

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 says, We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation)." We're living in the day of salvation, the day of God's grace, today. Hallelujah!

As we approach the end of this present world, we're to live circumspectly, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:28). He wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). That's why He sent us to preach the Good News of salvation.

In Matthew 9:37-38, Jesus said to His disciples, ". The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest." We're His labourers for the end-time harvest, sent with the message of His saving power. We're the bearers of the Gospel of His grace. What an honour!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m grateful for the privilege of being your witness, and for entrusting me with the word of reconciliation - the message of your love and grace. I recognise that I am a partner in your divine plan to bring salvation to many and usher them into their glorious inheritance in Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Isaiah 43:10;
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Acts 4:19-20;
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mathew 2 & Genesis 3-5

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 6:1-8 &Nehemiah 4-5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:49am On Jan 03

WEDNESDAY, 3RD JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: YOUR PROSPEROUS LIFE IN CHRIST

THEME SCRIPTURE: And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation 2Corinthians9:8 AMPC

God's plan is for His children to have abundant supply. l've searched the Scriptures and I find no place where it gives us the idea that poverty, lack and want might be God's will; there isn't even a suggestion of that in the Bible Recall that even the devil blamed God for making Job rich and blessing him with great substance (Job 1:9-10).

You have to embrace the reality that your financial or material prosperity is important to God. He said in 3 John 1:2, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." Think about that!

Then Job 22:24-25 says, "Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust...and thou shalt have plenty of silver." If you ever wiped a table clean of dust, you'd observe that after a while, dust settled again on the surface. It paints a picture of the kind of prosperity God's people are called to experience-an unending and abundant supply.

It brings to mind the words of David in Psalm 23:1-2. "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.." That's the way to think. You're plugged into an unending supply. This has nothing to do with the country where you live; it's the life you've been called to in Christ Jesus.

Recall again what we read in our opening scripture. God doesn't want you conscious of need. You're an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). 1 Corinthians 3:21 says, "..all things are yours." Your heavenly Father owns the whole world and has willed it to you because you're Abraham's seed: "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29).

Choose the joyful, prosperous life in Christ. Don't see your job or business as your source of livelihood but as a medium to bless others. In Christ, you've been brought into the Life of superabundance; acknowledge and enjoy our inheritance.

PRAYER
Dear Father, you're gracious and kind. I thank you for making me a joint-heir with Christ; the world belongs to me. I choose to live the joyful, prosperous life in Christ, for all things are mine, and nothing good is withheld from me. I dwell in the realm of superabundance and my life is a manifestation of your love and grace, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Psalm 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Matthew 3 & Genesis 6-8

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 6:9-15 & Nehemiah 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:57am On Jan 04

THURSDAY, 4TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE RESURRECTION IS THE KEY

THEME SCRIPTURE: But what saith it?. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:8-9).

Christianity begins with the resurrection of Jesus Christ not the death. This doesn’t mean the death of Jesus Christ is not important, for there would be no resurrection if there were no death. If you believe in the resurrection, you definitely believe in the death, but the key is in believing in the resurrection. That's what gave us a new life.

In Acts 13:33, the Bible says, "God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee." This isn't referring to His birth in Bethlehem but the rebirth at the resurrection.

Jesus was the first begotten of the dead, which means the first to be born out of spiritual death. On the cross, He died two deaths. He died spiritually first when our sins were laid on Him and He was cut off, separated from the Father. He cried out on the cross "My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me" (Mark 15:34). When that happened, it became possible for Jesus to die physically.

When He died, He went to hell in the spirit, because that's where we all should have gone; He went to hell in our place. But He was a righteous man, bearing the sins of others. The Bible shows us how in hell, Satan and al the demons of darkness grappled with Jesus in order to subdue Him. But He threw off from Himself principalities and powers and made a public spectacle of them (Colossians 2:15).

Jesus publicly defeated Satan and the demons of darkness and came out of death and hell in victory. When He arose, the Bible says He was justified; the resurrection was the sign. That rebirth at the resurrection meant that there was no sin, there was no condemnation; the debt of sin was paid by His death, but His resurrection of a new life brought us justification (Romans 4:25).

That's why today, anyone who believes that Jesus died for their sins and was raised back to life for their justification comes into a newness of life and becomes a new creature: "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4).

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the glorious resurrection of Christ that brought us the justification of eternal life. I acknowledge the glorious victory He achieved over Satan and the forces of darkness, triumphing over death and hell in my behalf. Now I’m raised together with Hmi in the place of victory, authority and dominion forever, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Galatians 2:20;
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 4:23-25
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mathew 4&Genesis 9-1
2YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 7:1-11 &Nehemiah 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:11am On Jan 05

FRIDAY, 5TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE

THEME SCRIPTURE: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).

The Church of the living God is the pillar and ground of the truth (1 Timothy 3:15). It has systems, structures and principles. Except we understand them, many could live amiss and think they’re doing right just because they feel good about their actions. That you feel good or are at peace about something doesn’t make it acceptable to God.

The Word of God remains the ultimate guide. What should matter the most to you is what God says about anything. The Spirit of God inside you will always bear witness with His Word as He guides you from within. He said in Isaiah 30:21, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it....”

God’s Word helps you know what God wants. Remember something that happened in the book of Genesis: Cain chose to bring to God an offering that he decided by himself. But Abel, on the other hand, brought to God an offering in accordance with God’s will. He followed God’s instructions.

Cain’s offering was rejected, while Abel’s offering was accepted. This shows how much God cares about how things are done for Him and towards Him. Don’t find out late in life that you were living the wrong way or that all you were doing was rejected by God. How can you know that you’re pleasing Him or that what you’re doing is right? It’s through the Scriptures.

The Word of God is clear as to how we must live; it’s your perfect guide. The Psalmist said, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105). Recall the words of the Master in John 8:12: “...l am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” How do you follow Him?

It’s through the Word, by the Word, and in the Word. Follow the Word and you’ll not make errors, for those who err, according to the words of Jesus in Matthew 22:29 do so because they don’t know the Scriptures: “...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures...”

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for your Word that’s my sure guide and the Holy Spirit who leads me in your perfect will always. Your Word illuminates my heart to deal wisely in life, enjoy the blessings of righteousness and fulfil my purpose in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:1-20 & Genesis 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:12-21 & Nehemiah 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Jan 06

SATURDAY, 6TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: CALLED OUT TO SERVICE

THEME SCRIPTURE: But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth (1 Timothy 3:15).

‭‭The word, “Church” in the New Testament really means “the called out ones”; from the Greek “Ecclesia” (a calling out). And when we say we’re God’s called-out ones, it doesn’t refer to being called out of the world unto God. What actually happens is that we’re called out from home to service.

We find this captured in Hebrews 13:13, which says, “Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.” Mark the expression, “without the camp”; it means outside the camp. We’re the called out ones to serve Him outside the camp.

It mirrors what the Bible says, that Jesus Christ was crucified outside the city gates. So He says let us also go forth therefore unto Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach. It’s about our work of service, our evangelical work to the whole world. The ensuing verse 14 clarifies it some more; it says, “For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.” In other words, get to work, do His work.

When we gather as the Church, it’s for a purpose; we come to praise Him for the purpose of going to do what He told us to do. He said: “...Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). The real work is outside the camp. We’ve been sent to spread the news of His saving power to the ends of the earth.

PRAYER
I’m called out to a purpose, to a mission of service. Therefore, I commit myself to be diligent and faithful in the work of service the Lord has called me to, to reach the unreached and saturate the world with the message of the Gospel. I fulfil it with purpose and passion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-48 & Genesis 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:22-32 & Nehemiah 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:49am On Jan 07

PASTOR CHRIS

SUNDAY 7TH JANUARY

THEME: LAMBENT BY THE HOLY GHOST

THEME SCRIPTURE: For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.(Ephesians 5:8 ).

There’s a remarkable thought in Ephesians 1:18; it says, “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. “The word enlightened is “photizo” (Greek). It means to shine the light on, to turn light on something or light up. This is the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Through the ministry of the Spirit, we’re illuminated, and that’s just one part. The second part is what happens in us through the ministry of the Word by the same Spirit. The Holy Spirit, through His ministry, enlightens us with the Word to become luminous-lambent. This happens in meditation.

It’s one thing to be illuminated, but it’s another thing to become lambent. You become a light because you were born to be a light through the Word. Without the Word, your light is dim. The Word of God is light (Psalm 119:105). No wonder the Bible says to let the words of Christ dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16).

The more you inundate your spirit with the Word, the more your light shines, the more lambent you become. The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

With the Word inside you, the fire burns, you become incandescent; you light up everywhere. You’re not only a light to your family, but also a light to your city, your nation and the nations of the world. Even now, lift your hands and declare, “I’m a light to the nations. I’m lambent by the Holy Ghost that dwells in me. I’m a light in the Lord, and I walk as a child of light. I’m shining brightly.” Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit who enlightens me with the Word to become lambent. I’m a light to the nations. Thank you for flooding my heart with light so that I may know and fulfil my purpose and destiny in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 1:18 AMPC; By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones),

Matthew 5:16; Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Philippians 2:15: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Matthew 6:1-18 & Genesis 18-19

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 7:33-42 & Nehemiah 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 08

MONDAY, 8TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: GOD’S EXECUTIVE ASSISTANTS

THEME SCRIPTURE: ...for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee (Acts 26:16 ).

The Greek word translated minister above is “huperetes” and it means an official, an executive assistant. That’s what the Lord said to Paul, “to make you my assistant, my official executive assistant.” What an honour. The Bible says we’re His witnesses; He’s made us able ministers of the New Testament (2 Corinthians 3:6), ministers of reconciliation. Hallelujah!

2 Corinthians 5:18 says, “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.” You have a message; you have a purpose. Your job is so important: it’s to help men and women discover Jesus, bringing them out of darkness, sin and death into righteousness and eternal life. What a ministry!

You’re His representative; therefore, you have to be bold with the message that He’s committed to you. You have to preach it confidently and with power. Think about the officials in your country who represent the government; imagine how bold and how confident they work, walk, and talk—because they’re conscious that their government is behind them.

You represent the government of Heaven; therefore, you’re backed by divine authority. The Lord said in Matthew 28:18, “...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” Then on the basis of that authority, He said to us in the very next verse, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...” (Matthew 28:19). There’s no higher mandate than the one given to us by Jesus Christ to take the Gospel to every man’s world. He has commanded us to go and speak and act in His Name. We’re His ambassadors, to make students of the nations, to show them how to live.

Be an effective witness in your world. Have a burning passion to make the Gospel known, and get everyone in your world ready for the Master’s soon return. You might be the last or only hope they have to hear and receive the Gospel. Take advantage of every opportunity today to win souls for Christ!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for making me an effective witness of the Gospel. I’m filled with a burning passion to make the Gospel known. I seize every opportunity to win souls for Christ, divinely empowered and strengthened to share your message with unwavering enthusiasm and conviction, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 10:14-15
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

1 Peter 2:9
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6:19-7:1-6 & Genesis 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:43-53 & Nehemiah 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 09

TUESDAY, 9TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: YOUR OBLIGATIONS IN THE KINGDOM

THEME SCRIPTURE: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33 ).

In the scriptures, especially reading through the Gospels, you’d find many instances where the Lord Jesus taught on the Kingdom of God. He did this because He wanted His disciples to understand how to live and be responsible in the Kingdom.

When you come into Christ, there are things the Lord will do for you as clearly spelt out in His Word which, actually, have already been done. But you also owe Him a responsibility to live for Him as He has said. You’re living here on earth, not for yourself, but for God’s purpose.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 says, “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” To live for Him means you have to do things His way, not your way; you make His priorities your priorities. Your life is about the expansion and establishment of His Kingdom in all the earth and in the hearts of men.

That’s why you have to study God’s Word—the Scriptures—to understand life in the Kingdom. God’s Word is the document that details and helps you understand your Kingdom rights, blessings, privileges and responsibilities. It gives you prophecy, history, instructions and information on the Kingdom. It’s designed and inspired by God to train you in the things concerning the Kingdom of God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I wholeheartedly fulfil my obligation in the Kingdom; I’m set on the right path to fulfil and live toward you, walking in preordained pathways, to the glory and praise of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Luke 10:2-9
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace [be] to this house. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Luke 17:20-21
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 7:7-29 & Genesis 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:54-60 & Nehemiah 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:02am On Jan 10

WEDNESDAY, 10TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: OVERTURN THEIR DARKNESS

THEME SCRIPTURE: But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Notice what we just read: Satan, the god for this world, blinded the minds of those who don't believe the Gospel; for what purpose? So that the light of the "glorious Gospel" of Christ should not shine unto them. But he's been defeated. Glory to God!

Through the power of the Name of Jesus, were able to break Satan's hold and influence over people's lives and cause the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ to shine unto them. We overturn their blindness. Hallelujah!

The Bible says in Acts 26:16-18, "for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness...Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God... "What a ministry; what a calling! We're sent ". To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God...."

Satan blinded them, but your purpose is to overturn their darkness. You have the power to open their eyes through the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe (Romans 1:16).

When you share the Gospel with those who haven’t known the Lord, their eyes are opened. That's why you're in that city; that's why you're in that town; that's why you're in that country-to preach the Gospel and turn men from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation that through the Name of Jesus, we have the authority and ability to overturn the darkness that blinds the minds of those who do notbelieve. Today, as the Gospel is preached around the world, many are turned from darkness to light and from the power ofSatan unto God, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 8:12;
Colossians 1:13;
Ephesians 5:8

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 8:1-27 &Genesis 25-26

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 8:1-13 &Esther 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:11am On Jan 11

THURSDAY, 11TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: JESUS CHRIST—THE PROFILE OF GOD

THEME SCRIPTURE: ...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (John 14:9).

The statement above came right out of the lips of the Master as part of His response to Philip, one of His disciples who asked Him to show them the Father. Jesus minced no words; He said, “if you’ve seen me, you’ve seen the Father.” In other words, “I’m the profile of the Father.”

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the image (icon) of the invisible God (2 Corinthians 4:4, Colossians 1:15). That means He’s the resemblance and visual representation of God, the profile of God. If you want to know what God looks like, Jesus is the profile; He has all the characteristics, descriptions and attributes of Deity.

This is akin to what we find in Hebrews 1:3 that says Jesus is the brightness of God’s glory and the “express image” of His person. Here, “charakter” (Greek) is used for express image; and it means the facsimile or print copy. Jesus is the facsimile or print copy of God. This is amazing!

The Bible says in Jesus dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). It pleased the Father that Him (Jesus) should all fullness dwell (Colossians 1:19). No wonder He said in John 10:30, “I and my Father are one.”

When you see Jesus, you won’t need to look for the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the perfect appearance and replica of the Godhead. He’s the expression of God’s glory, honour and majesty. Blessed be His Name forever!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m in awe of your glory, honour and majesty as revealed in Jesus Christ—the “print copy” of your divine essence—the clear and unmistakable representation of your character and nature. Lord Jesus, you’re the beauty of divinity and the perfect expression of the Father’s person. I worship and adore you forever. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Colossians 1:12-19
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

Hebrews 1:1-3
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 10:30-38
I and [my] Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 8:28-9:1-17 & Genesis 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:14-25 & Esther 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:06am On Jan 12

FRIDAY, 12TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: DOMINION OVER DARKNESS

THEME SCRIPTURE: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:13).

There’s no specific calling, office or a unique gift among Christians that’s exclusively for casting out demons. Nowhere in the Bible is such a gift mentioned. Rather, what the Bible says is that every Christian, without exception, has the authority and ability to cast out demons. This truth is firmly established in the words of Jesus: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils...” (Mark 16:17).

I want you to carefully observe what the Master said: “These signs shall follow them that believe,” not “them with special gifts or ability,” but those who believe in Him. That includes you. Our dominion and superiority over Satan is simply because of who we are in Christ and the power of attorney He’s given to us to use His Name. So, the idea of needing someone to pray a “powerful prayer” for you to cast the devil out is unnecessary. What you simply need is the recognition of the power in the Name of Jesus and use it to subdue demons.

In Colossians 1:13, the Apostle Paul reminds us of a fundamental reality: we’re not under the jurisdiction of Satan. This truth should be evident in your life; live free from the encumbrances of the enemy. Your life can be as glorious as you desire it to be; you have the authority to make it happen.

There’s no need to implore God to deal with the devil for you, because He has already executed the full victory over the enemy long before you came on the scene. Almost two thousand years ago, Jesus decisively dealt with the devil. The Bible says, “And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it” (Colossians 2:15).

And guess what? When Jesus defeated them, you were in Him. In Christ, you defeated Satan and the principalities of darkness. It’s the reason you’re superior to them and can reign and rule over them. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the authority and power you have given to the Church over Satan and the principalities of darkness. I’m seated with Christ in glory, dominion and power. I reign and rule over the circumstances and elements of this world, today and always, because I live in, and by the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Ephesians 1:19-23
And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan; Matthew 9:18-38 & Genesis 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:26-40 & Esther 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:11am On Jan 13

SATURDAY, 13TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: A PRACTISE FOR US

THEME SCRIPTURE: No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath DECLARED him (John 1:18).

The word declared in our opening verse is from the Greek “exegeomai” and it means to rehearse or unfold. So, what that verse is saying is that Jesus rehearsed divinity to us. How He lived, and the things He did, as recorded in the Scriptures, was a practice for us to see and know how to live the life of the Kingdom.

No wonder the Bible says He has given us an example that we should follow His steps: “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps” (1 Peter 2:21). Jesus rehearsed the God-life to us. He rehearsed righteousness to us.

He came to live before us so we could know what God is like. John 1:14 says, “And the Word was made (became) flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” He said in John 14:9, “...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father....” Amazing words!

God wants you to have the same consciousness. He wants you to think and talk like Jesus. How much of the person and character of Jesus is expressed in and through you?

Ephesians 5:1-2 says, “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.”

The word “followers” is from the Greek “mimetes,” meaning to be an imitator, to copy another. The only reason we can imitate God is because we’ve seen Him in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to unveil Him. For example, we often talk about how God loves us, but we couldn’t describe that love until we saw Jesus in action. Now we can walk in love, as Christ also loved us. Christ showed us how to practice God’s love. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I walk in love and righteousness and display the character of Christ to my world. I think, talk, and act like Jesus, expressing the God-life in me and impacting my world with the divine nature of God in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

John 13:15
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

1 John 2:6
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:1-23 & Genesis 31-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:1-9 & Esther 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:18am On Jan 14

SUNDAY, 14TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE SECOND COMING IS NOT FOR THE SAINTS

THEME SCRIPTURE: ...when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 ).

The distinction between the Rapture and the second coming of Christ for most people has been a source of confusion. Nevertheless, the Scriptures unambiguously delineate these two distinct events.

First, the Second Coming of Christ is not intended for Christians. The Rapture of the Church is meant for Christians, and it will occur before the Second Coming.

In the Second Coming of Christ, we will come together with Him, but it's primarily a time of judgment. It's called the day of His wrath, the day of His judgment (2 Thessalonians 1:7- 8 ) This judgment takes place before He establishes the 1,000 years of peace. In Matthew 24:29, Where Jesus Himself speaks about this, He said, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days..." This indicates that the Second Coming of Christ wil occur after the Great Tribulation.

Matthew 24:30 says, "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." They wil mourn because they weren't expecting Him, they didn't believe in Him.

But notice what it says in the 10th verse; this judgment wil take place "When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day" (2 Thessalonians 1:10). Observe that it doesn't say when He shall come to be glorified "by" His saints, but "in" His saints. The significance here is that He will be glorified in us, and those who see us will admire Him in us. They'd wonder at His glory in US.

This aligns with what John said in 1John 3:2, ".. when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." When He comes, we come with Him, looking like Him; they'll see His glory in us, and they'll wonder at it. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, by your Spirit and your Word, I'm prepared for the Rapture of the Church, living my life for the Lord, every day. I walk in love, and my faith is activated to be caught up to meet the Lord at His appearing, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 15:52;
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Thessalonians 5:9;
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Matthew 24:44
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mathew 10:24-42 &Genesis 34-35

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 9:10-20 & Esther 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 15

MONDAY, 15TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: HE ABOLISHED DEATH

THEME SCRIPTURE: But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel (2 Timothy 1:10).

When I came across this verse years ago, for a second I thought I didn’t see it. “Did Paul actually say Jesus Christ abolished death?” I wondered. I studied the verse in-depth, looking in the original Greek and dissecting every word used. I found out after my study that the verse meant exactly what it said: Jesus Christ abolished death.

Some people try to reason it out and say Paul was referring to spiritual death. A thousand times, no! Observe from our opening verse that Jesus not only abolished death, He brought life and immortality to light. If the death was spiritual death, what about immortality? Could the Bible have meant spiritual immortality? That expression makes no sense; in fact, it’s a contradiction. Thus, the reason Paul made reference to immortality is because he was talking about physical death.

Some people however get troubled by what the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:26: “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” So they say, “We still have death to deal with; it’s the last enemy to be destroyed.” No, that’s not what the Scripture is saying and I’ll explain.

It’s like when the Bible says in the book of Revelation, “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God...” (Revelation 12:10). The fact that the voice said “Now is come salvation” didn’t mean everyone in the world was receiving salvation for the first time. People had been saved before then.

So, when the Bible says death is the last enemy to be destroyed, it’s talking about death as a spirit that would be cast into the lake of fire: “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death” (Revelation 20:14). That’s when death will be destroyed. But already, it has been overcome; the law of death has been abrogated. The Master didn’t come from heaven for nothing. He didn’t die for nothing. He came to abolish death and He achieved it! Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for our victory over death, hell and the grave; thank you for bringing us into life and immortality through the Gospel. I’m born of the life-giving Spirit of Christ Jesus. Therefore, I’m a life-giving spirit and I live by the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 15:51-57
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? 56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. 57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:1-30 & Genesis 36-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:21-31 & Job 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 16

TUESDAY, 16TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THERE’S A CROWN WAITING

THEME SCRIPTURE: Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown (Revelation 3:11).

What a strong admonition from the Lord! He counselled the church in Philadelphia to hold fast to what they had. These weren’t earthly things but spiritual things. He told them to hold fast to them because of the possibility of losing them. The way to hold fast to what God has given to you is to put it to work; keep using it.

Imagine a Christian who was always winning souls and bringing them to church. But one day, something offended him and he stopped winning souls. If only he knew that there was a crown of righteousness waiting for him; but now, someone else was going to get it.

If it weren’t possible for someone else to get it, God wouldn’t have said so. Read our opening verse again: “...hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.” Seeing someone else do what God told you to do is one of life’s deepest pains. Think about Saul for example; when God called Saul to be king of Israel, He promised him an eternal dynasty. Saul however lost it, and David got it (1 Samuel 13:13-14).

Whatever assignment is given to you to carry out in the house of God, hallow it. Do it joyfully and do it as unto Christ. Handle it with great care, because at the end of the day, the Bible says we’ll all give account to God for all that we did. Also, there’s crown waiting and it’s a crown of righteousness for all who obeyed Him and fulfilled their assignment.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I recognize the spiritual treasures you have entrusted to me and I hold fast to them diligently. I thank you for the grace you’ve given me to complete every assignment. I refuse to be swayed by offence or distractions, but I remain resolute, steadfast, always abounding in the work of the Lord, committed to fulfilling your purpose for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

1 Peter 5:1-4
The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over [God's] heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. 4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:1-21 & Genesis 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:32-43 & Job 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:19am On Jan 17

WEDNESDAY, 17TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: WE GROW BUT WE DON’T AGE

THEME SCRIPTURE: And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you (Romans 8:11 AMPC).

Some people believe the human body is meant to be active and vibrant for only a few years before it starts getting weak. So they ask, “Just how far can the body go?” Well, the Bible shows us the body can go very far. Adam lived for 930 years before he died. He didn’t die because the body couldn’t take it anymore; he died because of sin.

God had said to him, “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” (Genesis 2:17). He ate of it and died. Many others lived for several hundreds of years. Some even lived older than Adam until the sin in the world got so much and God said, “...My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years” (Genesis 6:3).

Notice that God didn’t say less than 120 years. Some people however quote Psalm 90 and say God reduced the number of years of man’s life from 120 to 70. But that’s incorrect. That particular Psalm wasn’t written by David; it was a lamentation written by Moses. It says, “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years...” (Psalm 90:10).

Moses wasn’t stating something from God; he saw the children of Israel passing away at a young age and he lamented. Think about it: how long did Moses himself live?
“Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished” (Deuteronomy 34:7 NKJV).

If Moses could have had such an amazing testimony, you have something better. In Christ, you’ve been brought into agelessness. When you were born again, you received the same eternal life as Jesus. Eternal life is the life with agelessness. When you received it, you were brought into God’s realm of eternity, into an ageless zone. In Christ, we grow without ageing; we have an endless, incorruptible, and indestructible life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for I’m no longer bound by the limitations of ageing and decay. I have passed from death to life; from age into agelessness. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I’m strengthened, vitalized, and energized by Him now and always. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 11:25-26
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Romans 8:10-11 ESV
But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:22-50 & Genesis 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:1-8 & Job 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:10am On Jan 18

THURSDAY, 18TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: HE HAS RECONCILED US TO HIMSELF

THEME SCRIPTURE: To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconcilation (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Jesus came to reconcile the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses against them. It reminds of what the Bible says in Colossians 1:21-22, “And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight” (NKJV).

Christ Jesus initiated and established peace between God and man through His death on the cross. Man had become alienated from the life of God through Adam’s disobedience, but Jesus reconciled us with the Father in the body of His flesh through death, to present us holy, blameless and above reproach before the Father.

Now, who is Jesus, and why was He able to achieve this for man? Was He just a good man? No; otherwise, He wouldn’t have qualified to die for us because the Bible says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The blood of the ordinary man wouldn’t qualify for our redemption. But the blood of Jesus was divine, being God in the flesh. He was sinless.

The Bible says, “Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses” (Acts 13:38-39). Notice that the Scriptures didn’t say
“shall be justified”; it’s not a promise. All who believe are justified.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ by which you were recreated with a new life of righteousness qualified you to live the presence of God without guilt or condemnation; you’re free from all accusations, being justified by His grace. This is the Gospel!

The reason you’re holy, blameless and justified before the Father isn’t because of what you did or didn’t do; it’s the result of what Jesus did and who He is. Now you have received abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the resurrection of Jesus Christ by which I’ve been justified by faith. Now, I’m holy, blameless and above reproach in your sight. Thank you for this amazing blessing, love and grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Ephesians 2:13-16
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us]; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:1-23 & Genesis 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:9-20 & Job 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:20am On Jan 19

FRIDAY, 19TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: YOU LIVE IN THE KINGDOM NOW

THEME SCRIPTURE: For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:20 NKJV).

Did you know that you’re a heavenly citizen? Your life is from heaven. You’re not of this world. You’re in God’s Kingdom now! Therefore, don’t transact your affairs, don’t live as though you’re of this world or living in the world: “Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances” (Colossians 2:20).

Your actions and reactions, your thoughts, words and responses shouldn’t be like those of the people of the world. You’re different. You live on God’s terms; you live by His Word. You live by faith, because that’s the lifestyle in our spiritual Kingdom.

Jesus said in John 15:19, “...I have chosen you out of the world....” No wonder the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, cautioned, “Why are you still living as though you’re in the world, when actually you live in Christ, in the Spirit?”

Then, in Galatians 5:25, He tells us to walk in the Spirit, because we live in the Spirit. Now that you’re born again, you live in two worlds: the physical world and the spiritual world. But you have to be more conscious of the spiritual world because life is spiritual.

Colossians 3:1-2 says, “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Live the life of heaven—on earth! Let your outlook on life be from the Kingdom’s perspective.

When you understand this, you’ll never be perturbed by the troubles and crises in the world; you’ll live above them. This is because in the Kingdom we only win and grow from glory to glory. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m not of this world; I’m born from heaven and live the life of heaven now in the earth! I live above the debilitating principles of this world, walking in victory, health, strength and prosperity. I’m conscious of my heavenly blessings, rights and privileges and I live in them in Christ Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 17:15-16 AMPC
I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world (worldly, belonging to the world), [just] as I am not of the world.

1 Corinthians 15:48-49 AMPC
Now those who are made of the dust are like him who was first made of the dust (earthly-minded); and as is [the Man] from heaven, so also [are those] who are of heaven (heavenly-minded). 49 And just as we have borne the image [of the man] of dust, so shall we and so let us also bear the image [of the Man] of heaven.

Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:24-43 & Genesis 44-45

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:21-33 & Job 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:11am On Jan 20

SATURDAY, 20TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: BE ZEALOUS FOR HIM

THEME SCRIPTURE: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot....Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing... (Revelation 3:15-17).

Laodicea was a rich city. It was located on major trade routes and was a centre of currency exchange. Even when parts of the city were destroyed by an earthquake, they were able to reject financial assistance from the imperialists because they had enough money to rebuild.

However, because they were rich and had enough resources at their disposal, they became spiritually lukewarm. To be lukewarm means to be cold, expressionless, inactive, or passive. That’s like some people today who say, “Yes, I’m a Christian, but l’m not so into it. I keep my Christianity quiet and calm. I’m moderate.”

But Jesus said to the Laodiceans, “...thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16). In other words, He found them disgusting and was about to vomit them out. Sadly, the people didn’t know this. They didn’t know that each time they gathered together, the Master stayed outside and didn’t enter their church. That’s why He said, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock...” (Revelation 3:20). He was supposed to be inside, but He was disgusted.

Jesus admonished the Laodiceans not to trust in their riches, but to be zealous “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent” (Revelation 3:19). To be zealous means to be afire or be hot with zeal. He doesn’t want you cold or lukewarm. In fact, He commands you to be zealous.

It’s better to be zealous than to be lukewarm. How zealous can you be for Jesus to say: “It’s enough?” It will only be enough when we get to heaven. Don’t let anyone deceive you and tell you you’re doing too much for God. Be your best and live your best for Him.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m always passionate, vibrant and aglow in my spirit, fired up and ready to spread the Gospel to my world. I’m a burning and a shining light, illuminating my world with the message of eternal life, leading many out of the shackles of darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. Thank you for your light that shines brightly in and through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 12:11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Titus 2:13-14
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

John 2:17
And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:44-14:1-12 & Genesis 46-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:34-43 & Job 11-12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:18am On Jan 21

SUNDAY, 21ST JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: TELL THE DEVIL OFF

THEME SCRIPTURE: Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13).

Observe that the opening verse is in the past tense, meaning that it’s not a promise; it’s happened already. We’ve been qualified to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light. The Father qualified us. Hallelujah!

The 13th verse says, “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” Again, the use of the word “hath” indicates that this deliverance is a completed action. He has already delivered us from the power of darkness.

The term “power” used here is “Exousia” (Greek), and it translates to control or authority, highlighting that God has already transferred us out of the control and authority of darkness. He’s liberated us from the dominion, jurisdiction, influence and power of darkness. It’s important to reflect on this truth.

You need not fear demons or be influenced by their actions. You have absolute dominion over them. Perhaps, you’ve found yourself grappling with nightmares and distressing attacks from the devil or sinister entities; assert your authority in Christ. Tell the devil off!

Remember the words of Jesus, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils...” (Mark 16:17). Use the Name of Jesus against Satan and his cohorts of darkness. Stand firm on your identity in Christ, your position and authority in Him, and experience the transcendent life and liberty of the Spirit.

CONFESSION
I’m seated with Christ, far above all principality and power, where I reign over Satan and the powers of darkness. I live in the Word, not swayed by the lies, manipulations and tricks of the adversary. I walk on in victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:13-36 & Genesis 49-50

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:44-11:1-3 & Job 13-14

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:09am On Jan 22

MONDAY, 22ND JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE UNSEARCHABLE RICHES OF CHRIST

THEME SCRIPTURE: Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ (Ephesians 3:8 ).

When God speaks, His words are never exaggerated. He speaks absolute truth. So, if He says that in Christ Jesus we have unsearchable riches, wealth untold, then that’s the reality. See how the Amplified Classic renders it: “To me, though I am the very least of all the saints (God’s consecrated people), this grace (favor, privilege) was granted and graciously entrusted: to proclaim to the Gentiles the unending (boundless, fathomless, incalculable, and exhaustless) riches of Christ [wealth which no human being could have searched out].”Amazing!

This is the reality of your life. In Christ, you were born into unending, boundless, fathomless, incalculable and exhaustless riches—wealth, which no human being could have searched out. You better believe this. It’s the reason Paul could boldly affirm in 1 Corinthians 3:21 that all things are yours. Your wealth is inestimable. Then it says we’re supposed to preach this to all people: “You’ve got wealth untold, rise up, the world is yours.” Hallelujah!

It doesn’t matter what country you’re from; this is your heritage in Christ. Have the mentality of someone who’s been born into superabundance, unlimited wealth and prosperity. It makes no difference that some may try to cheat you or steal from you; nothing can deplete or diminish your wealth. How much water could anyone steal from an ocean?

Not enough could be taken away from you to get you broke. That’s why Jesus said if your neighbour lends from you and doesn’t repay, don’t get angry and go after them; why? You have exhaustless, incalculable riches in Christ. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m forever grateful for the unsearchable riches I have in Christ Jesus. I choose to live in this reality, walking in superabundance. Thank you for your divine power that’s given me all things that pertain to life and godliness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:1-28 & Exodus 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:4-14 & Job 15-16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:17am On Jan 23

TUESDAY, 23RD JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: HE’S ABOVE ALL

THEME SCRIPTURE: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth (Matthew 28:18).

The word translated “power” above is the Greek “Exousia” which means authority. In this pivotal statement, the Lord affirmed His dominion not only in heaven but also in the earth.

Since Jesus wields all authority in the earth, that automatically means the nations of the world, which are in the earth, are all under His authority. No wonder the Bible says Jesus is seated in the heavenly realms, “high above all other government and authority and power and dominion, and every title of sovereignty used either in this Age or in the Age to come” (Ephesians 1:21 WNT).

Guess what? His authority over all things is for our benefit: “...Christ rules over all forces, authorities, powers, and rulers. He rules over all beings in this world and will rule in the future world as well. God has put all things under the power of Christ, and for the good of the church he has made him the head of everything” (Ephesians 1:21-22 CEV). This is so sublime.

Right after He declared in Matthew 28:18 that all authority was given to Him in heaven and in the earth, He charged us in the very next verse to “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...” He sent us on the basis of His authority to take His message to the nations—to every man’s world.

Can you see why government after government, kingdom after kingdom, tyrants, despots and dictators have tried throughout the age to annihilate the Church but failed? Can you see why nothing, no one, no force or entity would ever be able to destroy the Church? It’s because there’s only One who has authority over all things in heaven and in the earth; His Name is Jesus. He rules over all. He’s “in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything...” (Ephesians 1:21-22 MSG). Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
The Lord Jesus reigns and rules over all things; over all forces, authorities, powers and rulers. He rules over all beings in this world and in the world to come and I’m one with Him. I’m His seed, prolonging His days. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 22:28
For the kingdom [is] the LORD'S: and he [is] the governor among the nations.

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:29-16:1-12 & Exodus 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:15-30 & Job 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:08am On Jan 24

WEDNESDAY, 24TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: REFUSE TO BE LUKEWARM

THEME SCRIPTURE: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth (Revelation 3:16).

A lot of people use our opening verse to preach to sinners, but it’s not talking about sinners at all. The Lord Jesus was talking to Christians who had become tepid or unenthusiastic, unprofitable and ineffective. These were in the church at Laodicea, for they were the ones the Lord was addressing in Revelation 3:14-21.

A Christian who is lukewarm is an unprofitable servant. In Matthew 25, Jesus told a parable about a servant who did nothing with the talent of money his master entrusted to him and was described as unprofitable.

Jesus began the parable by saying, “For the kingdom of heaven is as a man...” (Matthew 25:14). Read the entire parable up to the 30th verse and you’d observe that the unprofitable servant He was referring to was a member of the Kingdom of Heaven. He’s termed the unprofitable servant because he didn’t produce results with the talent given to him.

The 30th verse also shows us the fate of the unprofitable servant. The Master said, “...cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”The only hope a lukewarm Christian has is to repent: “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent” (Revelation 3:19).

If you’ve been lukewarm, you need to repent urgently because the Holy Spirit came into your life to make you active for God; He came to impact you for service. He came to make you fruitful, profitable, efficient and effective. Glory to God!

PRAYER
I yield myself fully to the leading of the Holy Spirit, to be a burning and a shining light; effective, efficient and profitable in the Kingdom. I’m forever aglow, radiant, fervent and active in serving the Lord, winning souls and spreading the Gospel. Thank you Lord for your Spirit that propels and guides me to be ever fruitful and productive, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Revelation 3:15-17
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Romans 12:11 MNT
Never let your zeal flag; maintain the spiritual glow; serve the Lord;

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:13-17:1-13 & Exodus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:1-10 & Job 18-19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:11am On Jan 25

THURSDAY, 25TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE VOICE OF WISDOM

THEME SCRIPTURE: ...blessed is she that believed, for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord (Luke 1:45).

Talking about wisdom in Proverbs 4:8, the Bible tells us, “Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.” God’s Word is God’s wisdom. When the Word of God is shared with you from the Scriptures, it’s Wisdom that’s speaking to you and addressing you at that moment.

Wisdom, as the Scriptures tell us, cries out in the streets, yet many ignore her voice (Proverbs 1:20-25). That’s why there’re many in the world today who are poor; for Wisdom says, “Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, and I will fill their treasures.” (Proverbs 8:18-21).

This should make you give more attention to the Word—the Wisdom of God. Let the Word of God dwell in you richly in all wisdom (Colossians 3:16). Riches and honour—durable riches and righteousness—are in the Word of God (the Wisdom of God). So always act on the Word.

Become wisdom-conscious and He’ll show you visions of the steps you should take to multiply your resources. Wisdom will make you creative and innovative. That’s what the Bible says: “I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions” (Proverbs 8:12). Blessed be God!

Also, learn to speak wisdom. The Bible says, “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect...” (1 Corinthians 2:6). Speaking wisdom is speaking the Word, speaking in agreement with God.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which is ever dependable and ever sure. Even now, your Word prevails in me, producing fruits of the message therein. I win today, and every day, by your wisdom, and I live in your glory always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Proverbs 8:1-4* Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? 2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. 3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors. 4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice [is] to the sons of man.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1 Corinthians 2:6-8
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Matthew 17:14-18:1-14 & Exodus 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:11-19 & Job 20-21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:17am On Jan 26

FRIDAY, 26TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THERE’S LIFTING FOR YOU

THEME SCRIPTURE: When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person (Job 22:29).

These days, it’s not uncommon to hear statements like “I don’t know what’s going on; things are going bad everywhere. People are generally discouraged.” Don’t join the bandwagon to talk like that. You’re a child of God; your life is different. You play by a different set of rules. Always remember that.

The Bible says “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up....” Did you notice that God tells us how we should respond when there’s distress and gloom and men are cast down? He tells you what to say: “There’s lifting up!” There’s lifting power in you; power to rise over and above the crises of life. So, instead of joining the complainers, you ought to declare: “There’s lifting up for me!” Glory to God.

When you say, “There’s lifting up,” what does it actually mean? It means to raise from a lower to a higher position, to elevate, to raise in rank or condition. It also means to put an end to a blockage or siege by withdrawing or causing the withdrawal of invading forces. It means to revoke, rescind, lift an embargo, to pay off an obligation.

There’s a lifting for you by the miracle power of God. Is there something that’s been weighing you down? Or is it a raise or promotion you’re expecting at work? The Bible says “For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south” (Psalm 75:6). That means it comes from God. Just know that there’s going to be a “lift.” Glory to God!

Maybe you made a mistake that landed you in the position you’re in today, and you’re wishing you did things differently. Well, the Lord is your riddance. Set your gaze on Him; don’t look at the problems that may be before you. Set your gaze on high, on the Master. He’ll lift you out of that trouble. The Bible says, “He raises the poor from the dust, and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes, and make them inherit the throne of glory...” (1 Samuel 2:8 NKJV). Blessed be God!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the assurance of your lifting power in my life. I refuse to be discouraged by the challenges around me. Instead, I declare that I’m making progress, prospering and waxing great in every area of my life! The greater One lives in me, and He’s made me bigger, greater and superior to inflation, insecurity, sickness, disease and the devil. I’m a victor in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 3:3
But thou, O LORD, [art] a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Psalm 27:6
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Psalm 146:8
The LORD openeth [the eyes of] the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 18:15-35 & Exodus 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:20-25 & Job 22-23

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Mrvictorwrite(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
I need that book, i really love that book

Bring your assignments
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 27

SATURDAY, 27TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF JESUS CHRIST

THEME SCRIPTURE: For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

I love what Paul said in Philippians 3:8-9, referring to the supremacy and sublimity of the righteousness which is by faith in Jesus Christ. He said, “...that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.”

When you confessed the Lordship of Jesus over your life, His righteousness was imparted to you. The righteousness of Christ is perfect righteousness; it can’t be improved upon as you can’t improve on perfect. Nothing you do today will make you more righteous or less righteous before God. When God looks at you, He sees the righteousness of Christ.

Jesus was righteous before God, and He was the only one who qualified to be our substitute, being the only sinless one, and He gave you His qualification of righteousness. God accepted the qualification of Jesus in your behalf. Thus, you’re no longer living by your own righteousness; you’re living by the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:1 says, “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” To be “justified” means you’re acquitted by your faith in Christ Jesus; you’re declared righteous as though you never sinned. Now you have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sadly, there’re Christians who are still struggling to be righteous. But we couldn’t attain righteousness by ourselves; that’s why He gave us His own righteousness. You’re as righteous as Jesus is righteous, because He substituted His righteousness for your sin-nature when you confessed His Lordship over your life. What an amazing reality! Praise God.

CONFESSION
I’ve received abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness to reign in life by one, Jesus Christ! The ability to be right, to do right, and to produce fruits and works of righteousness is inherent in my spirit. I’m living by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. I can stand before God now and always, confidently serving Him in righteousness and true holiness. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 5:17-19
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:1-15 & Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:1-12 & Job 24-25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:15am On Jan 28

SUNDAY, 28TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED AND ALERT

THEME SCRIPTURE: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6).

As Christians, we must be spiritually minded and alert at all times because we’re soldiers in God’s army, engaged in spiritual warfare. Ephesians 6:12 says, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Then 2 Corinthians 10:4 tells us about our weapons in this ongoing warfare: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” Although the war is always on, we’re not told exactly when each battle will occur, but God wants us prepared all the time. He tells us about the “...evil day...” (Ephesians 6:13).

The “evil day” signifies battle days. A battle is the actual fight of a war. Hence, we must be battle-ready by being spiritually minded, being acutely sensitive to the Spirit and attuned to His signals. We have an adversary that we’re up against—Satan. He doesn’t just go to sleep.

1 Peter 5:8-9 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Whom resist stedfast in the faith.” Ephesians 6:10-11 says, “...be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

You have dominion and authority over principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Use the spiritual weapons listed in Ephesians 6:14-18 to frustrate their stratagems and wiles, and foil all their evil works. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, my mind and affections are set on the Lord and things pertaining to Christ, His Gospel and eternal Kingdom. I live in the Word and walk in the full consciousness of the spiritual Kingdom to which I belong. I’m guided by the Word, and I maintain my dominion over Satan and the principalities of darkness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 8:5-8
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:13-14
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Ephesians 6:10-19
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:16-20:1-16 & Exodus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:13-25 & Job 26-27

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:18am On Jan 29

MONDAY, 29TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR HIM

THEME SCRIPTURE: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken (Luke 21:25-26).

There're so many signs that indicate where we are now and how much longer the world has before the judgments of the nations begin. Therefore, no matter where you are today, I want you to know Jesus is coming soon.

There're those who believe it and are waiting for Him. There're others who don't think He's coming and so they're not expecting Him. But He's coming, so prepare yourself for Him. He's coming for those "..that love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:cool; those who are prepared for Him.

The Bible says blessed are those who are waiting for His return (Luke 12:37). So live your life as though it could be any minute. 1 Corinthians 15:52 says, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Remember, it’s almost two thousand years since Jesus levitated and ascended from this world. The words of the prophets about His coming are all being fulfilled before our eyes. He said by Himself, "...Surely I come quickly..." (Revelation 22:20).

Statistics show that today's world is marked by such deliberate cruelty, violence, terrorism, viciousness and inhumanity beyond what humanity has ever seen. The pressures of life are greater today than ever before. Therefore, don't be caught unawares. Stay in Christ, in righteousness, and keep living for Him. Light up your world with the Gospel. The Bible says in Philippians 2:15-16 ". That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life..." Take this seriously.

Give your time, resources and energy to the preaching of the Gospel until it reaches the ends of the earth! Prepare yourself and prepare others for the soon coming of the Lord.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the blessing and ministry of the Holy spirit in my life, who has sanctified me for your glory and keeps me in the path of righteousness. Thank you for the privilege of preaching and proclaiming the Gospel, turning many to righteousness, preparing them for your soon return, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Luke 21:34-46;
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives. And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him.

Matthew 24:42-44;
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

1YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 20:17-34 &Exodus 16-17

2YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 13:26-41 &Job 28-29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:17am On Jan 30

TUESDAY, 30TH JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: SPEAK BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE

THEME SCRIPTURE: We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

It's so important that you always make faith declarations about your life. Every day, declare that your life is excellent and full of glory; say it because you believe it. Declare that you live free of sickness, disease, infirmities, and you live prosperously in Christ Jesus. If you don't say it, you can't have it.

Sickness will come to you if you don't continually affirm that you live in health. It's like the farmer who doesn't plant the right seeds in his field; the wrong ones wil grow up. So always proclaim divine health. Refuse arthritis, stroke, chest pains, migraine headaches, diabetes, heart trouble, blood infection etc.; declare that these or any other infirmity have no place in your body. Glory to God!

God already gave you the transcendent life; the life of absolute mastery and dominion. He already made you victorious. He said to Abraham, ." ...I have made you a father of many nations..." (Romans 4:17 NKJV). He didn't say, "I shall make you..." He calls things that be not as though they were. The same God is saying to you even now, "I have made you a success. I have made you healthy and strong. I have made you prosperous. I have made you a king-priest."

Therefore, align yourself with His truth and call yourself what He's called you; speak the same things in agreement with Him. That's how it works. That was what Abraham did. The Bible says against hope, he believed in hope. He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God (read Romans 4:18-20)

Recall that God had changed his name from Abram, "assumed father," to Abraham, "father of many." Abraham believed and called himself what God had called him. He introduced himself to others as the father of many. He
believed, therefore he spoke, and his faith declaration catapulted him to possession-it created Isaac. Blessed be God!

CONFESSION
My life is excellent and full of glory; I walk in absolute mastery, victory, safety, wellness, wholeness and divine health because I'm in Christ and Christ is my life! His wisdom, righteousness, peace, glory and joy are expressed through me, and my faith in the Word is the victory that overcomes the world.

FURTHER STUDY:
Mark 11:23;
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith

Romans 10:9-10;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 21:1-32 &Exodus 18-19

2YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 13:42-52 &Job 30-31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 by Skyfornia(m): 6:12am On Jan 31

WEDNESDAY, 31ST JANUARY 2024. Pastor Chris

THEME: WE REIGN WITH WORDS

THEME SCRIPTURE: The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion; RULE THOU IN THE MIDST OF THINE ENEMIES... (Psalm 110:1-2).

The Hebrew word translated “rule” in the opening scripture is “Radah,” which is essentially synonymous with “reign.” To rule means to exercise dominion and kingly authority. What we read in our opening verses is about Jesus in heaven at the time in which He is the High Priest.

That portion unveils some amazing descriptions of His authority. For example, the phrase “the rod of thy strength” essentially means the sceptre of His power. It’s akin to what we have in Psalm 45:6 (NIV): “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.”

Hebrews 1:8 also alludes to the same truth concerning Jesus. It says, “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.” This unfolds while He is seated on the throne. How does this apply to us, the new creation in Christ? Revelation 5:10 reveals it. It says, “And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”

How do kings reign? Kings reign with words. The creation story in Genesis chapter one confirms this. God spoke creation into existence. He accomplished everything through the spoken Word. He simply spoke, and things came into existence.

When Jesus walked the earth, He spoke words. He transformed lives and performed miracles with words. When He spoke to corpses, they came back to life. His words transmitted and imparted life. We’re just like Him. Our words do the same, because as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Reign with words. Rule in the midst of your enemies by exercising your divine authority through words.

CONFESSION
I take my place of dominion and I reign in the Name of Jesus over circumstances through words. The words that I speak are potent, laden with the Spirit’s power to produce fruits. I speak peace, prosperity, wellness and wholeness into the nations of the world and I declare that salvation spreads quickly into places where the light of the Gospel has been dim, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Revelation 1:4-6
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king [is, there is] power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:33-22:1-14 & Exodus 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 14:1-7 & Job 32-33

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rising From The Dead" People Share Their Experiences In Heaven/hell / Can Heaven Satisfy All? / Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 293
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.